Rangers

Acey

How ******* garbage are they?

It's embarrassing that they're in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup. Anti-football at its worst. If I were a Rangers fan, I'd be furious at the way Smith approaches the game. Success is one thing, but you can't be proud of such unimaginative, dull football.

Erchie's just referred to it as, "A typical Rangers exercise". **** that.

p.s. Imagine you're a bigot who supports Rangers and Chelsea! Football would be a total ordeal!

Ray Winstone

Erchie's typical Rangers exersise includes having a sherman tank over a picture of Walter Smith!

Seriously though they are absolutely awful.

Hate to say it but at least when Celtic got to the final they had some entertaining games along the way - not the dross we have to endure now.

Rangers - Champions elect - says it all about Scottish Football.

Walter Kidd

Horses for courses mate.

I'd much rather be in a semi final of Europe than bottom 6 that's for sure.

Nucky Thompson
Horses for courses mate.

No sh*t Watty:)

Horses for courses mate.

Likewise, but I go to the football to enjoy myself. I can't imagine any Rangers fan being able to say that they've enjoyed the football they've seen this season.

Walter Smith is a ****.

The Old Tolbooth
Likewise, but I go to the football to enjoy myself. I can't imagine any Rangers fan being able to say that they've enjoyed the football they've seen this season.

Walter Smith is a ****.

You surely don't go to Hearts games to enjoy yourself Acey?

That could be seen as self abuse :)

portobellojambo1

Watched it on ITV4, as Archie MacPherson is to commentating what Saddam Hussein was to diplomacy.

As the commentator on there said, it wasn't pretty from Rangers, but it achieved what they wanted, they didn't concede at home, and have been successful in ties away from home in Europe so far. Fiorentina were a bit like Barcelona versus Manchester United last night, lot of possession, lot of pretty little passes, but no end result.

Don't watch the Italian football on TV so no idea what they are like at home, but suspect they may have to change how they play, which might suit Rangers, as per Lisbon in last round.

Commander Harris

Walter Smith is a ****.

enjoyment? they'll be fecking ecstatic if they win all those trophies this season!

That's the bottom line.

It's a results business. Sure i'd rather be Real Madrid than Chelsea but then i'd rather be Chelsea than Hibs.

Charlie-Brown

Martin O'Neil's Celtic team was practically an English Premiership team with players like Larsson, Sutton, Hartson, Lennon, Petrov, Thomson etc. They also played some very good football and beat a few very good teams including Liverpool & Barca who both won the Champions a couple of years after.

This Rangers team have done excellently to get as far as they have done and might yet go further still - they are very industrial & dull to watch though - Zero Gazza or Laudrup magic these days!

Do you know where hell is

I dont think we as hearts fans are in any position to criticise rangers. We seem to be getting sucked into the old "it must be pretty" nonsense, football is a results based business and i have yet to meet a fan who is raging after winning ugly. We ourselves are dire to watch yet we have to suffer the bottom six as those muppets are in a uefa semi and looking to win the league, i know what position i would rather be in.

alwaysthereinspirit
I dont think we as hearts fans are in any position to criticise rangers. We seem to be getting sucked into the old "it must be pretty" nonsense, football is a results based business and i have yet to meet a fan who is raging after winning ugly. We ourselves are dire to watch yet we have to suffer the bottom six as those muppets are in a uefa semi and looking to win the league, i know what position i would rather be in.

You are of course correct but there's no fun if we're not rippin; the $#!t out off them for being cack.

portobellojambo1
Rankgers are anti-football

FTR

For a team that are anti-football they are now in a position which I am sure every Hearts fans would love to see Hearts. CIS Cup Winners, probable Scottish Cup Winners, probable SPL Champions, and possible finalists in the UEFA Cup.

Not bad for being anti-football.

Charlie-Brown
For a team that are anti-football they are now in a position which I am sure every Hearts fans would love to see Hearts. CIS Cup Winners, probable Scottish Cup Winners, probable SPL Champions, and possible finalists in the UEFA Cup.

Not bad for being anti-football.

It is still possible for them to not win 3 of those 4 trophies....here's hoping! :)

jack D and coke

You can only pish with the c**k you've got and Smith gets the best out of a pretty untalented team but they're in the semi and who knows they might make the final. Injury ravaged and suspensions didn't help them tonight either.

I wouldn't be gutted if i was a hun and for any of us to claim they're pish to watch is quite frankly a joke. We play the worst football in the SPL by a country mile.

portobellojambo1
It is still possible for them to not win 3 of those 4 trophies....here's hoping! :)

It is also still possible for them to win all 4.

And I am sure you meant your scenario more in hope than expectation.

Charlie-Brown
It is also still possible for them to win all 4.

And I am sure you meant your scenario more in hope than expectation.

I expect I will always hate Glasgow Rangers - they will probably win the Scottish Cup but the other 2 are by no means certain although they do have the advantage in the SPL but it's not cut & dried. Hope they lose the feckin lot though!

I think they'll get a result over there as Fiorentia looked nothing special. Rangers are a lot better when Ferguson and Thomson are in the side, Fiorentina have missed their chance.

Rangers against Dick Advocaat's side in the final.

Charlie-Brown
I think they'll get a result over there as Fiorentia looked nothing special. Rangers are a lot better when Ferguson and Thomson are in the side, Fiorentina have missed their chance.

Rangers against Dick Advocaat's side in the final.

Advocaat is a Dick but I'd love him to pump the Gers!

absolute murder to watch again , but remember rangers have been out of the big cup since before christmas so please don't patronise the bigots,

this cup lost any credibility it had years ago when they started allowing losers from the champions league in.

now to add insult to injury they they take in intertoto representatives .

it should just be renamed the european consolation cup now.

absolute murder to watch again , but remember rangers have been out of the big cup since before christmas so please don't patronise the bigots,

this cup lost any credibility it had years ago when they started allowing losers from the champions league in.

now to add insult to injury they they take in intertoto representatives .

it should just be renamed the european consolation cup now.

We're not exactly the flair-team.

I'd love to see Hearts win the Uefa consolation cup. ;)

jambo walesy

It's embarrassing that they're in the semi-finals of the UEFA Cup. Anti-football at its worst. If I were a Rangers fan, I'd be furious at the way Smith approaches the game. Success is one thing, but you can't be proud of such unimaginative, dull football.

p.s. Imagine you're a bigot who supports Rangers and Chelsea! Football would be a total ordeal!

Totally unfair to call them garbage!

I hate Rangers with a passion but i respect what they have done in Europe this season and they thouroughly deserve to be where they are.

Btw what is with all the Rangers threads:confused:

Totally unfair to call them garbage!

I hate Rangers with a passion but i respect what they have done in Europe this season and they thouroughly deserve to be where they are.

Btw what is with all the Rangers threads:confused:

I don't respect a team that sets out to "win" every game 0-0.

If you were a Rangers fan who pays a lot of money to go to the Hunbox, would you consider what you watched tonight "value for money"? Ditto the game vs Sporting Lisbon.

I would be gutted if I'd paid money to watch that shower tonight. Maybe Tony Mowbray had a point after all.

p.s. You can never have too many "FTOF" threads. They remind the mini-huns on here that they're in the minority. :thumb:

Yes, they play gash football that is crap to watch.

But they're still on for a quadrouple.

Fair play to them.

Football is a results game. Too many people on this board forget that we played very much the same way under Levein. Not pretty but grinding out results.

JamboRossi79

I reckon I would pish myself laughing if that happened.

If it wasn't for that muppet Kerr (and the ref in Cuellars back pocket) they wouldn't have won the only one they have so far.

FTR

4-5-1 sucks no matter which team you support... Whether your team are good at it like Rangers or Chelsea or bad at it like Hearts, there is just so little entertainment to be gleaned from it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Only watched the first half tonight and it's the last time I will be watching that pish this season.

God what a dull man Walter Smith is.

Messi got it bang on when he said Rangers were anti-football. If they get to the final of the UEFA Cup it has ruined a pretty good competition.

Football is a results game.

Is it fundamentally, though? I watch football to be entertained; it's the reason why people fondly remember great goals or great examples of skill (Juanjo!). If I asked you to reel off memorable occasions from games that took place a few seasons ago, in which - hypothetically - we scraped a dire 1-0 win, would you be able to do it?

In the long run, results don't mean that much. Football is so repetitive; if you don't win a competition in one year, you'll always have next year, by which point everyone'll have forgotten about the previous year's competition (except where Hibs are concerned, obviously). I could barely tell you about supporting Hearts last season. Hell, I could barely tell you about half of the games I've been to this seaon where Hearts are concerned.

It's about entertainment, damnit.

Pedrolister

There's a fine line between being to adventours againist opostion that have more quaility and knowing what your own limits are. Ranagers are not the best team in Europe, far from it but the have a team which is orangised, yes maybe boring but they are in the Semi Final. If Rangers attacked tonight, I think they would have lost a few goals, maybe won the tie, (3-2) but no aways goals is key, as they have shown this season.

JamboRossi79
Only watched the first half tonight and it's the last time I will be watching that pish this season.

God what a dull man Walter Smith is.

Messi got it bang on when he said Rangers were anti-football. If they get to the final of the UEFA Cup it has ruined a pretty good competition.

Spot on :thumb:

and there's nothing more entertaining than winning trophies!

I disagree. I've already said that I found the 4-3 Scottish Cup semi-final this year to be more entertaining than Hearts beating Gretna on penalties in '06.

Seeing your team win trophies adds to entertainment - it isn't the be-all and end-all, in the long term.

Closet Hibee?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
and there's nothing more entertaining than winning trophies!

What game did you enjoy more CH?

THAT 4-0 semi final or the cup final Gretna win?

Commander Harris

fair point - the final was an anti-climax and footballing wise I enjoyed the semi more. The whole end to that season was an anti-climax and peoples emotions were very mixed.

can't say I've enjoyed anything more than the 98 final and its aftermath though - even if there have been better games of football.

Nelly Terraces

Who cares about the ****g football. Their fans are a bunch of complete trumpets. That's the REAL issue here.

I hate The Huns with a passion, but they are a far far better football team than us, with a manager who is allowed to manage.

When they hammered us at Tynecastle last month I thought it was men against boys. Barry Ferguson was the stand out. I hate the wee ned as well but he is a superb football player.

If Vlad would only allow us a manager who had choices.

fair point - the final was an anti-climax and footballing wise I enjoyed the semi more. The whole end to that season was an anti-climax and peoples emotions were very mixed.

can't say I've enjoyed anything more than the 98 final and its aftermath though - even if there have been better games of football.

Aye best week off my football supporting life,trouble is the 06 final hardly even come in the top 10 best days supporting Hearts.

I agree with you about the mixed emotions bit,it was the start off the"am I happy right now being a Hearts supporter,am I happy what I see happening at Hearts".

Never mind "down hill" from there on ,it was a vertical drop.

I hate The Huns with a passion, but they are a far far better football team than us, with a manager who is allowed to manage.

When they hammered us at Tynecastle last month I thought it was men against boys. Barry Ferguson was the stand out. I hate the wee ned as well but he is a superb football player.

Was that another 3 pionts that the ref threw them.

I hate the huns as well , best game this season was the 4- 2 mauling we gave them at tynie ,superb . Only downside was how the dirty ********

still had 11 men on the park at the end of game !

Just got back from the game - (was in the Fiorentina end). So ****ing frustrating! The Huns just play total anti-football, and didn't allow us to play. We'll pump them in Firenze though.

The atmosphere in La Viola end was something else btw. Standing the whole time, lots of different tunes on the go. The Weegie polis actually were pretty nice, and game for a laugh. I also never got threatened once. So all in all, in was a good trip to Govan.

JamboRossi79

I'm pretty sure we did that to them too at Tynie :)

I sure don?t understand the counter-argument that winning is all that matters. How could any Hearts fan think that? We have been starved of silverware for most of our lifetimes so pretending that we support a bunch of born winners is nonsense. We mock the Hobos for all their flair-talk but TBH I?ll bet they?ve had much more satisfying Saturday afternoons than we have over the last 5 years...

Football for me is about entertainment. I can live with Hearts losing or drawing if they play well to the same extent that I am happy enough if we scrape a scrappy 1-0. If however, they surrender meekly or even worse this season, don?t appear to be trying, it angers the hell out of me.

Erm .... semi-finals of the UEFA cup or bottom six in the league??

Get over yourself & your pettiness. It's embarrassing.

I disagree. I've already said that I found the 4-3 Scottish Cup semi-final this year to be more entertaining than Hearts beating Gretna on penalties in '06.

Seeing your team win trophies adds to entertainment - it isn't the be-all and end-all, in the long term.

You sound like a Hobo!!

I will take HMFC winning regularly again, even if it isnt the prettiest football to watch, & a few trophies into the bargain please. More days like May 16th 1998 will sit fine with me!!

Acey is simply acting outraged to try to demonstrate he's a better anti-bigotry campaigner than anyone else. It's pathetic really, but then all attention seekers are.

Archived