Rangers

Acey

Allan McGregor, Nacho Novo, Kris Boyd, Barry Ferguson, Jean-Claude Darcheville.

What more reasons could you want?

In the long run, results don't mean that much.

It's about entertainment, damnit.

How noble and sporting you are. :rolleyes:

You're also completely wrong - winning is everything. :)

I would honestly rather watch Hearts - Lithuanians and all - than that anti-football.

Ur surely having a laugh?? Semi Final of the UEFA cup and winning games willy nilly in the league and u come out with that comment.....

The game is about more than fancy step overs, clever interplayed passes and precision freekicks

Defenders are footballers too.

Boo Boo Baldy anyone? :eek: :eek: :eek:

The game is about more than fancy step overs, clever interplayed passes and precision freekicks

Just as well for Rangers sake.

Listening to the game on ITV4 last night it sounded as though 0-0 at home was fantastic achievement , all part of the big plan to go abroad and win again.

Townsend et al didn't have the cajones to have a go at Rangers who were pathetic.

Not even Dundee Utd , in their defensive football heyday , played like that in a home European tie. I won't be tuning in for another 90 mins of anti football.

MacDonald Jardine
Is it fundamentally, though? I watch football to be entertained; it's the reason why people fondly remember great goals or great examples of skill (Juanjo!). If I asked you to reel off memorable occasions from games that took place a few seasons ago, in which - hypothetically - we scraped a dire 1-0 win, would you be able to do it?

In the long run, results don't mean that much. Football is so repetitive; if you don't win a competition in one year, you'll always have next year, by which point everyone'll have forgotten about the previous year's competition (except where Hibs are concerned, obviously). I could barely tell you about supporting Hearts last season. Hell, I could barely tell you about half of the games I've been to this seaon where Hearts are concerned.

It's about entertainment, damnit.

Yes, fundamentally it is.

I could probably recall a number of 1-0 scrapings that are memorable for various reasons, not least the context.

It does beg the question if you're priority is watching good skilful football why would you confine yourself to watching Hearts, or indeed any Scottish team?

Thats 3 European semi finals i have watched this week.The Rangers game was as good as the other 2.Says it all really.:sad:

Yes, fundamentally it is.

I could probably recall a number of 1-0 scrapings that are memorable for various reasons, not least the context.

It does beg the question if you're priority is watching good skilful football why would you confine yourself to watching Hearts, or indeed any Scottish team?

I think the poster in question has a certain love affair with the 'flairmeisters' from the East of the city ..... Part of the 'Mowbray manta' that it isnt a results business, it's all about entertainment!!

Bollox to that .... give me winning regularly anytime!

Archived