Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

doctor jambo
27 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

This 

lets face it

the greens pushed the gender card, they nearly had it too.

westminster stopped them in their tracks, Cass beheaded them

this is not about the environment

this is about trans ideology and kicking the economy even further backwards than it was.

Lord Montpelier
3 minutes ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

He did the right thing in ditching the Greens, but just went on a whataboutery attack on everybody else as deflection from the chaotic shitshow that would be a Broadway smash hit.  he even attacked the Lib-dems for their coalition with the Conservatives, The Lib-dems took one for the Country and they took a hit but are back as a Party proper.

If he just said, the coalition was at its natural end, and we wish to go forward on the issues that mater to all, He would have came across as in charge, But now he looks so out of his depth.  Shame mammy has her own issues to seek. there is nobody left to give him a cuddle.

I am split with predicting will this be the beginning of the end for Humza? Even if the Ross motion of a Vote of confidence just ends up as a parting shot, It will trigger a power struggle within.

PH has just said that the Bute House agreement would have ensured he won a VONC.  The Greens are off to discuss how they would vote should a confidence vote goes ahead.  Remember they SNP have 63 seats, everybody else has 66.  The Greens could tip the balance, but who is to say SNP members might trigger a cabalistic power shift to get Kate into power???

Humza said the Bute House agreement lasted 19 Liz Trusses'  at least after 1 Liz Truss we got rid as it was a disaster, 1its taken Humza to be as bad as 18 other Liz Trusses' before we get rid.  He wont be remembered well!

You can't call her Mammy

Some of the separatists don't like that.

Yousaf is done. Just a matter of time

TallPaul
1 minute ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You can't call her Mammy

Some of the separatists don't like that.

Yousaf is done. Just a matter of time

Yousaf may be out on his arse with the vote of no confidence. Can't see the Greens saving him

John Findlay
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I don't think so, by disolving the BHA that probably wins him back (or stays their hand anyway) of the backbenchers that want him gone. It becomes a Nationalist/Unionist issue if the greens back the Tories, and Alba hold the deciding vote to draw it or not - I believe in the event of a draw the Presiding Officer by convention backs the government ?

I disagree. If their is a vote of NC, then Humza is history, and there will be a proper election for the leadership of the SNP, not the Murrell's nodding dog.

doctor jambo
17 minutes ago, TallPaul said:

Yousaf may be out on his arse with the vote of no confidence. Can't see the Greens saving him

He betrayed the greens, two of them, with the massive backing of 5000 people have lost their jobs, income, profile and celebrity.

Their bamboo tofu cutters will be coming for humza, wielded by the rainbow lanyard brigade who have just seen their handlers brought low.

Bad day for the alphabet people

10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I disagree. If their is a vote of NC, then Humza is history, and there will be a proper election for the leadership of the SNP, not the Murrell's nodding dog.

TBH I like the sound of that, but losing a first minister in this way would be quite damaging. I'm not sure his critics in the party will go for that, Although, they could take after the tories with their ruthlessness of getting rid of ineffective leaders. I'd be right behind a Forbes leadership challenge TBH

Mikey1874

As political reaction continues to come in from Holyrood and beyond, Stephen Flynn has insisted this is a "good day for the SNP".

The SNP's Westminster leader said: “This is a good day for the SNP, it’s a good day for the Scottish government, and most important of all, it’s a good day for the people of Scotland.

“What the first minister has shown today is leadership by acting in the national interest and putting the people of Scotland first.”

Flynn added: “The people of Scotland of course elected us as a minority government and we are going to govern as a minority government, as we have done very successfully in the past.

“I have got absolute confidence, based upon what the first minister said today that the government is going to be fully focused on the priorities of the people of Scotland.”

Malinga the Swinga
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Humza Yousaf has ended the SNP’s coalition deal with the Scottish Greens after a stormy three year partnership.

The First Minister called time on the partnership after a meeting with Green leaders.

He will meet his Cabinet at 8.30am.

Yousaf intervened after the Scottish Greens announced plans for a vote of their own members on the deal.

Minority administration now 

Had to be done. They didn't deserve the power they had and, like the DUP during Johnson And May's governments, they thought they were untouchable.

One of the few things Humza has got correct.

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

As political reaction continues to come in from Holyrood and beyond, Stephen Flynn has insisted this is a "good day for the SNP".

The SNP's Westminster leader said: “This is a good day for the SNP, it’s a good day for the Scottish government, and most important of all, it’s a good day for the people of Scotland.

“What the first minister has shown today is leadership by acting in the national interest and putting the people of Scotland first.”

Flynn added: “The people of Scotland of course elected us as a minority government and we are going to govern as a minority government, as we have done very successfully in the past.

“I have got absolute confidence, based upon what the first minister said today that the government is going to be fully focused on the priorities of the people of Scotland.”

Humza is on his way out.

Australis
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Apparently if Yousaf loses the vote he has to resign.

28 days then to replace him. If they can't, election time. 

28 days to find someone who says they will get independence and lead the donkeys on, only not to bother.

It's what they do.

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, OTT said:

I don't think so, by disolving the BHA that probably wins him back (or stays their hand anyway) of the backbenchers that want him gone. It becomes a Nationalist/Unionist issue if the greens back the Tories, and Alba hold the deciding vote to draw it or not - I believe in the event of a draw the Presiding Officer by convention backs the government ?

The Presiding Officer is a Green.    😎

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

He did the right thing in ditching the Greens, but just went on a whataboutery attack on everybody else as deflection from the chaotic shitshow that would be a Broadway smash hit.  he even attacked the Lib-dems for their coalition with the Conservatives, The Lib-dems took one for the Country and they took a hit but are back as a Party proper.

If he just said, the coalition was at its natural end, and we wish to go forward on the issues that mater to all, He would have came across as in charge, But now he looks so out of his depth.  Shame mammy has her own issues to seek. there is nobody left to give him a cuddle.

I am split with predicting will this be the beginning of the end for Humza? Even if the Ross motion of a Vote of confidence just ends up as a parting shot, It will trigger a power struggle within.

PH has just said that the Bute House agreement would have ensured he won a VONC.  The Greens are off to discuss how they would vote should a confidence vote goes ahead.  Remember they SNP have 63 seats, everybody else has 66.  The Greens could tip the balance, but who is to say SNP members might trigger a cabalistic power shift to get Kate into power???

Humza said the Bute House agreement lasted 19 Liz Trusses'  at least after 1 Liz Truss we got rid as it was a disaster, 1its taken Humza to be as bad as 18 other Liz Trusses' before we get rid.  He wont be remembered well!

Disappointed to hear that he’s showing no humility and using this change for good . Shows his lack of political and tactical awareness going forward . Maybe he really is very useless ? Yes it’s knives out now , the games afoot . There are plenty candidates for his Job so it’s squeaky bum time for him now . The more worrying aspect for him is most are more able than him . 

AyrJambo
1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Disappointed to hear that he’s showing no humility and using this change for good . Shows his lack of political and tactical awareness going forward . Maybe he really is very useless ? Yes it’s knives out now , the games afoot . There are plenty candidates for his Job so it’s squeaky bum time for him now . The more worrying aspect for him is most are more able than him . 

Plenty?

I can only see a couple realistically

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

lets face it

this is about trans ideology and kicking the economy even further backwards than it was.

Correct . They got their arses kicked with Gender act but they tried again with the hate crime act to silence sensible and majority opinion but that failed miserably . What an absolute disaster his tenure has been . It’s best for his party he’s deposed 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, AyrJambo said:

Plenty?

I can only see a couple realistically

I am asking thinking of Flynn and Cherry ! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

lets face it

Yep the greens arrogant dismissal of  the Cass report has eventually been their undoing . SNP take note 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

JudyJudyJudy
52 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

He betrayed the greens, two of them, with the massive backing of 5000 people have lost their jobs, income, profile and celebrity.

Their bamboo tofu cutters will be coming for humza, wielded by the rainbow lanyard brigade who have just seen their handlers brought low.

Bad day for the alphabet people

Joyous day for me  ! I’m LGB ! Not in the slightest interest in the rest of the alphabet 

AyrJambo
10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I am asking thinking of Flynn and Cherry ! 

Be interesting to see any leadership candidates pitches

For me they need to be constitutionally literate and aware and that means ditching the S30 ref route

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not in the slightest interest in the rest of the alphabet 

Yes, we have noticed that in your spelling of words😉

been here before
13 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Joyous day for me  ! I’m LGB ! Not in the slightest interest in the rest of the alphabet 

Or " quotation marks " or any other sort of " basic punctuation" really !

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Yes, we have noticed that in your spelling of words😉

😂😂😂cheeky 😝😜

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

Be interesting to see any leadership candidates pitches

For me they need to be constitutionally literate and aware and that means ditching the S30 ref route

👍

Hopefully the FM of Gaza survives any VONC as he has considerable damage still to cause to the separatist movement. 

Gundermann

Some suggesting that the SNP shoudn't have abandoned the targets - what with the both the Tories and Labour doing u-turns on green policies, who would've made political capital out of failure to acheive them? I tend to agree.

Not too chuffed with the Greens either, expecting their senior partners in govt to wait while they sort their house out.

If the SNP start pandering to their conservative wing, they're broon breid IMO.

Shame there's not a left-of-centre pro-indy party that stands to win seats...

Edited by Gundermann

Gundermann
4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Hopefully the FM of Gaza survives any VONC as he has considerable damage still to cause to the separatist movement. 

:wtfvlad:

On 24/04/2024 at 14:54, AyrJambo said:

And after nemesis no doubt the withering scorn of @JudyJudyJudy which is altogether more serious 🙂

:laugh2: With all the force and conviction of being whipped by a dandelion in full bloom.

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Humza Yousef press conference has started. Talking about successes and challenges.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/cz5dy15grjnt

Humza just realised that the leaders of the Green Party where anything but green skinned after meeting them.

Slater...white!

Harvie..white!

Out!

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

With all the force and conviction of being whipped by a dandelion in full bloom.

I was going to write something else but I don’t want to derail the good mood on the thread at the current time. I’ll leave it there 

15 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Would you vote for a Scottish "Conservative and National" political party?

Yes .

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was going to write something else but I don’t want to derail the good mood on the thread at the current time. I’ll leave it there 

You manage that quite well most times you post, tbf. :thumbsup:

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Gundermann said:

Some suggesting that the SNP shoudn't have abandoned the targets - what with the both the Tories and Labour doing u-turns on green policies, who would've made political capital out of failure to acheive them? I tend to agree.

Not too chuffed with the Greens either, expecting their senior partners in govt to wait while they sort their house out.

If the SNP start pandering to their conservative wing, they're broon breid IMO.

Shame there's not a left-of-centre pro-indy party that stands to win seats...

Why don't you set up your own party.

The Scottish communist party for independence, or of a similar name?

1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

The Presiding Officer is a Green.    😎

Supposed to be neutral, so if she breaks from convention, I imagine there will be another no confidence vote in the offing 😂

Australis
2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Then.................we get the race card.

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

You manage that quite well most times you post, tbf. :thumbsup:

Dry your tears 😭 

Australis
21 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yep, it's much better if he stays.

Before a new constant liar takes his place.

frankblack
3 minutes ago, Australis said:

Perhaps an opportunity for him to raise a hate crime complaint? 🤔

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Australis said:

Unfortunately he hasn’t got the brains or humility to call it a day . SNP need shot of him as 

1- he’s hopeless 

2 he’s incompetent 

3 he is against women’s rights to safety , privacy and dignity 

4 he attempted to silence a large majority of the population with the hate crime legislation 

5 he crawled to Sturgeons arse 

6 he appears not to be focused on domestic issues which need immediate attention 

7 he’s hopeless ( worth repeating.) 

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Australis said:

Yep, it's much better if he stays.

Before a new constant liar takes his place.

I like Kate Forbes 

BlueRiver

According to a Scottish Government spokesman this is fine as they "wargamed" a vote of no confidence. 

😂😂 **** off 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, BlueRiver said:

According to a Scottish Government spokesman this is fine as they "wargamed" a vote of no confidence. 

😂😂 **** off 

Aye right they did ! 

AyrJambo
18 minutes ago, Australis said:

Edited by AyrJambo
Reply to wrong post

AyrJambo
2 hours ago, TallPaul said:

Ironically he has just handed the deciding vote in a VONC to Alba's Ash Regan

Australis
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

When is the Vonc ? 

Can't be until next week.

I read earlier.

Australis
26 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Perhaps an opportunity for him to raise a hate crime complaint? 🤔

SNP members who had no confidence in me, white.

Labour members, white

Tories, member, white

Lib Dems, white

Presiding officer, white.

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Australis said:

I read earlier.

Ok thanks . So plenty wheeling and dealing to be done , which is ominous for Humza judging by his scooter skills 😂

milky_26
4 minutes ago, Australis said:

I read earlier.

tuesday at the earliest as MSPs must be given 2 complete days in (friday and monday) before any VONC can be done

Jim_Duncan
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Ok thanks . So plenty wheeling and dealing to be done , which is ominous for Humza judging by his scooter skills 😂

Gives him time to get up to date on his car insurance.