Scottish independence and devolution superthread

Happy Hearts

Dusk_Till_Dawn
28 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

Forbes was very popular among party members, and I suspect she still is.  She got far fewer big name endorsements than Humza Yousaf, but still polled 40% of first preferences and pulled in most of Regan's second preferences.  I don't know if she'd have the experience or more importantly the standing with her parliamentary colleagues to get away from the cultural stuff and reorient the SNP back to solid domestic policies, but I'd bet good money that she'd be more than willing to try. 

Forbes is also quite fruity 

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dirty bugger 😎

image.png.3ee85dcb1b498d8ad5ab7e7258096ebc.png

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Forbes is also quite fruity 

image.png.3ee85dcb1b498d8ad5ab7e7258096ebc.png

AyrJambo
5 hours ago, manaliveits105 said:

Scottish Labour minority coalition to bring some stability over the next term 

GFlmXYDXoAA68Kg.jpg

Lord Montpelier
5 minutes ago, AyrJambo said:

GFlmXYDXoAA68Kg.jpg

Right now, you could make an argument for those points against your snp heroes as well

Konrad von Carstein
4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh a cult member earlier was convinced she wasn’t allowed to comment ! Like I said she couldn’t wait to get her oar in . “ any attention is better than nae attention” I suppose for her. 

4 hours ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

Some decent discussion and good posting on this thread the past couple of pages. Make's a refreshing change.

Thanks.

Close, but no cigar IL Duce...

il Duce McTarkin
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

I did say 'some', Konnie. ;)

Konrad von Carstein
1 minute ago, il Duce McTarkin said:

I did say 'some', Konnie. ;)

You did. :(

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

here he comes negative .......  yet again.

Konrad von Carstein
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

here he comes negative .......  yet again.

Reading and comprehension not your strong suit Jimbo?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

Reading and comprehension not your strong suit Jimbo?

So enough of the deflection. Usual SNP tactics.  Whats your view of Murrel getting done ? 

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Right now, you could make an argument for those points against your snp heroes as well

You're not allowed whitabootery on here. Dems da rools 😆

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

I think quite a lot of people were fooled mate and continue to be fooled to this day. 

they are in the same bucket as the people fooled by Brexit. 

oh how I wish we could go back to 2010. There was a huge opportunity before the disease that is the SNP polluted British politics leading to the division of Scotland and frankly opening the door to an idiotic Brexit referendum.

Glad we have you, Mr Unfoolable to toe the centrist line then. 

3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Forbes was very popular among party members, and I suspect she still is.  She got far fewer big name endorsements than Humza Yousaf, but still polled 40% of first preferences and pulled in most of Regan's second preferences.  I don't know if she'd have the experience or more importantly the standing with her parliamentary colleagues to get away from the cultural stuff and reorient the SNP back to solid domestic policies, but I'd bet good money that she'd be more than willing to try. 

Humza, for someone from a fairly privileged background, gives off this weird vibe of being hard done by. Forbes would shred Sarwar and Ross in debates because she is intelligent, convincing, and competent. I wish she didn't have that weird religious sect lurking in the background.

It would take quite a negative outcome in the GE to shift Humza unless there is a coup in the SNP and concern that the GE vote is a trend that affects the Holyrood elections. So far, that hasn't been the case.

JudyJudyJudy

Dearie me 

Roxy ?????????? 

https://x.com/Rmca18/status/1781326857603801232

This lady has been treated disgracefully by the British establishment. The more she is abused the more we will fight for our independence. Warminster will never defeat us. Saor Alba.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Konrad von Carstein
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

So enough of the deflection. Usual SNP tactics.  Whats your view of Murrel getting done ? 

May I suggest on this lovely Friday evening that you squat, crap in your hands then give yourself a round of applause? :)

If he's done anything illegal it the tin pail for him and anyone else involved including Nicola imo, happy?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

May I suggest on this lovely Friday evening that you squat, crap in your hands then give yourself a round of applause? :)

If he's done anything illegal it the tin pail for him and anyone else involved including Nicola imo, happy?

9CA8D392-E169-4E5B-B099-5445546A0F65.gif.545840c3bfb9df29c24520d9f12aa735.gif

JudyJudyJudy
18 minutes ago, Konrad von Carstein said:

ps thanks for the answer to my question

Konrad von Carstein
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

ps thanks for the answer to my question

I'll answer any (non loaded) question on this and other thread, although I may also include a bit of being an erse too.... :lol:

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, Konrad von Carstein said:

I'll answer any (non loaded) question on this and other thread, although I may also include a bit of being an erse too.... :lol:

👍

Roxy Hearts
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dearie me 

Roxy ?????????? 

https://x.com/Rmca18/status/1781326857603801232

This lady has been treated disgracefully by the British establishment. The more she is abused the more we will fight for our independence. Warminster will never defeat us. Saor Alba.🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Dearie me, what??????????

doctor jambo
1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

Humza, for someone from a fairly privileged background, gives off this weird vibe of being hard done by. Forbes would shred Sarwar and Ross in debates because she is intelligent, convincing, and competent. I wish she didn't have that weird religious sect lurking in the background.

It would take quite a negative outcome in the GE to shift Humza unless there is a coup in the SNP and concern that the GE vote is a trend that affects the Holyrood elections. So far, that hasn't been the case.

Forbes weird religious sect= old school Christian .

Humza weird religious sect = Islam and transgender 

take your pick 😈

Cranston
9 hours ago, Boris said:

That's the conundrum John!

As I say, polls show SNP vote share declining, yet support for independence remains around the 45-50% mark.

Which suggests that those wanting indy are losing their trust in current SNP leadership, perhaps are more focused on things like the economy, so will change their vote for that, but still support independence.

Which in turn perhaps proves the assertation that wanting independence and supporting the SNP are not mutually exclusive.  Recently the SNP have been the best vehicle for independence, but the wheels are starting to come off of that particular motor home.

Where now for the Yes campaign?  Where indeed, but support for it remains.

This post very sadly, sums up the division that has been sewn, by the Independence movement. They view politics solely as a vehicle for Independence, instead of governing for all  of the people of Scotland. Its irrelevant to them, how Scotland performs as a nation for all of the people. 

Where now for the Yes campaign, what about asking the question instead of - how the Snp Greens coalition will deliver on the bread and butter of fixing shattered subdued  Scotland.

I'd put the Yes campaign in the bin for now, and set about repairing the mess that Scotland has become under the Yes campaign. 

Malinga the Swinga
2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

By weird religious sect, you mean Christian. I'll bet you don't refer to Humza's islamic belief as a weird religious sect. Wonder why?

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

By weird religious sect, you mean Christian. I'll bet you don't refer to Humza's islamic belief as a weird religious sect. Wonder why?

I did it for him .

Humza the Muslim Celtic fan trans supporting religious divorcee race baiter

there is not a single value he wouldn’t compromise for a vote.

Zero moral spine on him at all.

TallPaul
16 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

His religious sect believe in men having child brides. The less said the better.

JudyJudyJudy
49 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good point ! 

45 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I did it for him .

Humza the Muslim Celtic fan trans supporting religious divorcee race baiter

there is not a single value he wouldn’t compromise for a vote.

Zero moral spine on him at all.

Can’t disagree 

AlimOzturk

Funny thing is, they attempted to frame Alex Salmond and get him the jail. Now they are the ones facing the pokey. 

**** the Sturrels. 

AlimOzturk

I don’t think Alex Salmond is finished with that either. 

1 hour ago, doctor jambo said:

Forbes weird religious sect= old school Christian .

Humza weird religious sect = Islam and transgender 

take your pick 😈

I'd rather we had an FM who based their outlook on intellect and utilitarianism, actually. 

I care little for either religion and would prefer a secular FM, but I do have concerns about Forbes's views on abortion (equated to slavery under that branch of Christianity) at a time when we need to protect women's bodily autonomy and establish safe buffer zones around abortion clinics. Humza has already backed this.

In fairness, I do note that her stance is to follow the majority and direction of travel and not bring her religion into her politics, which addresses some fears but raises others. Despite those concerns I still believe she would be a better FM, however that red flag still exists. 

56 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

The only "wonder" here is wonderment at your latest attempt to insinuate something, in your usual snide manner. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I don’t think Alex Salmond is finished with that either. 

The moment the Murrells tried to establish a dynasty and cast Salmond out entirely, they ****ed themselves over. 

The smugness should he get back in is going to be something to behold.  

Roxy Hearts
11 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

The moment the Murrells tried to establish a dynasty and cast Salmond out entirely, they ****ed themselves over. 

I would love to see Alex Salmond back. Best politician for years UK wide. Sturgeon is an intelligent woman but what was/has she been thinking? It's like she's been a droid from a Star Wars film 😅

i wish jj was my dad
13 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He's the last thing we need in public life. He might not have been convicted but his behaviour and abuse of of power were openly admitted. 

JudyJudyJudy
20 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

I'd rather we had an FM who based their outlook on intellect and utilitarianism, actually. 

I care little for either religion and would prefer a secular FM, but I do have concerns about Forbes's views on abortion (equated to slavery under that branch of Christianity) at a time when we need to protect women's bodily autonomy and establish safe buffer zones around abortion clinics. Humza has already backed this.

In fairness, I do note that her stance is to follow the majority and direction of travel and not bring her religion into her politics, which addresses some fears but raises others. Despite those concerns I still believe she would be a better FM, however that red flag still exists. 

The only "wonder" here is wonderment at your latest attempt to insinuate something, in your usual snide manner. 

IMG_8044.thumb.jpeg.1e768895ae3f75287e0df35b3474c8ea.jpeg

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Sturgeon is an intelligent woman

😬

Roxy Hearts
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

😬

She's a lawyer. I'm sure her qualifications are better than you or I! Don't let your prejudice get in your way!

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

She's a lawyer. I'm sure her qualifications are better than you or I! Don't let your prejudice get in your way!

Depends how you define “ intelligence “ 

Roxy Hearts
Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

Depends how you define “ intelligence “ 

Well it's immeasurable I suppose! You can't deny she's intelligent, come on! Foolish, lack of awareness, arrogant and other negatives. I liked her prior to the Salmond stuff. 

There's something not right about her marriage though! Mr Murrell always looks like a drag queen who's forgotten to take his/her mascara off! 🤣

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Well it's immeasurable I suppose! You can't deny she's intelligent, come on! Foolish, lack of awareness, arrogant and other negatives. I liked her prior to the Salmond stuff. 

There's something not right about her marriage though! Mr Murrell always looks like a drag queen who's forgotten to take his/her mascara off! 🤣

Intelligence is the effort to the do the best you can at your particular job; the quality that gives dignity to that job, whether it happens to be scrubbing a floor or running a corporation." — James C. Penney

well she’s no daft ill

give you that.  A smart public speaker but struggled when questioned . And yes there’s er , various rumours about Mr Murrell but I’m no one to gossip 😎😂

IMG_7837.gif

doctor jambo
52 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

Protect women’s bodily autonomy?

having a laugh right?

He couldn’t even tell you if a woman had a set of plums !

he included men in the misogyny bill ffs

hes a chancer

he is NOT on the side of women

hmfcbilly
5 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Certainly the democratic and not a party parts for sure! Do as I say,,not as I do springs to mind but, but we wid be better aff if it wiznae fur westmunster cutting oor real terms budget (insert here appropriate amount to cover relevant SNP shortfall story) likesy, ken. Pretty much all of the mainstream parties are full of greedy, self interested twats

hmfcbilly
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

having a laugh right?

hes a chancer

I agree. At least Kate Forbes backed her Christian faith, however, she made it perfectly clear it was the opinions of the majority she would represent,,not her personal viewpoints. Pity she was hounded for it by the media. One does wonder why that may be🤔??

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

having a laugh right?

hes a chancer

Well

said 

hmfcbilly
12 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Intelligence is the effort to the do the best you can at your particular job; the quality that gives dignity to that job, whether it happens to be scrubbing a floor or running a corporation." — James C. Penney

well she’s no daft ill

give you that.  A smart public speaker but struggled when questioned . And yes there’s er , various rumours about Mr Murrell but I’m no one to gossip 😎😂

IMG_7837.gif

🤣🤣🤣🤣👏

Roxy Hearts
24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

well she’s no daft ill

IMG_7837.gif

Who measured JC Penney's intelligence, whoever that is?

I used like watching her ripping into your side in Holyrood! Way above unionist leaders level of intelligence. Her and Salmond saw off the lot of them!

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who measured JC Penney's intelligence, whoever that is?

I used like watching her ripping into your side in Holyrood! Way above unionist leaders level of intelligence. Her and Salmond saw off the lot of them!

Well if she was that “ intelligent “ she wouldn’t be where she is now ! 

AyrJambo
6 hours ago, Lord Montpelier said:

You're either confusing me with someone else or you haven't read or understood any of my previous posts on this or other threads

I want an independent Scotland

The SNP do not. They are a wholly devolutionist party now

However they are registered as a political party, in Scotland, with the Electoral Commission

The same cannot be said of the "Scottish" Labour Party. They are no more than an accounting unit of the Labour party

1 hour ago, Roxy Hearts said:

A failed lawyer

There was (allegedly) some professional negligence involved which saw her quickly leave the legal profession and enter professional politics

Roxy Hearts
5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Well if she was that “ intelligent “ she wouldn’t be where she is now ! 

That's why I said intelligence is immeasurable! I also said she was foolish. She's a politician doing political things. 

You have to question your own intelligence. You'd rather have Truss, Sunak, Starmer, Rees-Mogg, Johnson, Sarwar, Cole-Hamilton etc govern us then ourselves. 

We just go over the same things and it's not particularly "intelligent" but then again I've had a bottle of Cotes du Rhone and a couple of beers 🤣

Roxy Hearts
1 minute ago, AyrJambo said:

You're either confusing me with someone else or you haven't read or understood any of my previous posts on this or other threads

I want an independent Scotland

The SNP do not. They are a wholly devolutionist party now

However they are registered as a political party, in Scotland, with the Electoral Commission

The same cannot be said of the "Scottish" Labour Party. They are no more than an accounting unit of the Labour party

A failed lawyer

There was (allegedly) some professional negligence involved which saw her quickly leave the legal profession and enter professional politics

I'm unaware of her alleged negligence. She's still an intelligent woman regardless of her shortcomings. She's also a fool! A paradox but then again she's human.

JudyJudyJudy
9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I've had a bottle of Cotes du Rhone and a couple of beers 🤣

Explains a lot