Walker, Holt and Prchynenko

joshp

Lost 0-1, to an 88 minute penalty given for handball against Mullen. Difficult to say if he handled it as he was looking to chest the ball back to the keeper. Mullen got a second yellow in the incident as Hearts ended with 10 men.

First half was fine with good possession and passing. Several half chances created but shooting was genarally wide of the mark.

Second half was shocking. Not a shot on target. Looked very lighweight in midfield and up front. Falkirk didn't test Hamilton in the Hearts goal either and a 0-0 draw would have been a fair result.

Best for Hearts was McHattie playing at centre back.

Hamilton

A King McKay McHattie Mullen

Walker Tapping Holt

B King (Oliver) Carrick Nicholson

Was that you standing beside the camera taking notes with your iPhone?

mibees aye mibees no :thumbsup:

I was behind you!

Should Gordon Smith not be getting some game time as an overage player? Prychenko as well? Thought Tapping looked decent but not ready to step up yet. Thought Walker was a big let down!

I was behind you!

Should Gordon Smith not be getting some game time as an overage player? Prychenko as well? Thought Tapping looked decent but not ready to step up yet. Thought Walker was a big let down!

Gordon Smith had a poor game against Killie last week and was subbed at half time. McHattie needed a game. Tapping had a good first half as he did at Killie last week, As you say Walker never got into the game. Holt always looked like he could do something, but flitted in and out the game too much.

Just been to the Under 20's game against Falkirk. Holt and Walker out the 3 played. Didn't impress I'm afraid!

It was 0-0 when I left (******* freezing) Mullin was playing left back. Tapping looked fairly decent.

Wasn't that cold! Maybe that's cause I had a big coat and a hat on. We waited to hear if we won the raffle (he was one set of numbers away!) then left. Wasn't the best of games and he was moaning about the cold. Agree that Tapping looks good and from what I saw Mullen looked pretty good at left back and Mchattie at centre back. FF do you know what the reason was for the changes in positions?

Wasn't that cold! Maybe that's cause I had a big coat and a hat on. We waited to hear if we won the raffle (he was one set of numbers away!) then left. Wasn't the best of games and he was moaning about the cold. Agree that Tapping looks good and from what I saw Mullen looked pretty good at left back and Mchattie at centre back. FF do you know what the reason was for the changes in positions?

I thought it was and the bairn was freezing!

I don't know but I suspect that it is to accommodate as many players as possible and give them match time. We currently have around 45 full time players at the club, which is probably 10-15 more than most other clubs.

We also have the youth cup tie on Sunday which is strictly U20s, with no overage players, and the side tonight was on paper the best U20s we have available, bar Callum Paterson. The only alternative formation would have been for Adam King to play centre back with Mullen and McHattie in their familiar full back roles.

The defence was generally ok although Mullen was caught out a bit in the second half with Falkirk's right winger pushing on. The disappointments were further upfield where Walker and Carrick seemed somewhat short of what they are capable. Nicholson had a very quiet game and Billy King, while he got into good positions, wanted to take an extra touch, when an early shot may have produced better results..

I don't know but I suspect that it is to accommodate as many players as possible and give them match time. We currently have around 45 full time players at the club, which is probably 10-15 more than most other clubs.

We also have the youth cup tie on Sunday which is strictly U20s, with no overage players, and the side tonight was on paper the best U20s we have available, bar Callum Paterson. The only alternative formation would have been for Adam King to play centre back with Mullen and McHattie in their familiar full back roles.

The defence was generally ok although Mullen was caught out a bit in the second half with Falkirk's right winger pushing on. The disappointments were further upfield where Walker and Carrick seemed somewhat short of what they are capable. Nicholson had a very quiet game and Billy King, while he got into good positions, wanted to take an extra touch, when an early shot may have produced better results..

It is incredible that the Director of Football has set the club up in this way. 45 full time players :rofl:

With funds so tight that the first team has only 1 striker!

Archived