Top 5 mental

SirRudolphofSkacel

Wheatfield_Bookie

In no particular order:

McCann v Celtic - That long range winner. You wouldn't have bet on him scoring that in your LIFE!

All the goals in the Scottish Cup final were equally as good for me. We were surrounded by NUT CASES and when they celebrated, anything could and DID happen (one of the boys stripped naked - crazy scenes)!

Beattie against Celtic in the Semi

Bedner against Rangers

Weir's two goals in injury time to send the Hibs to their beds. It was equally special for me that because I took my little brother to the game. After the celebrations died down (took a while)... I looked at him and he was in tears. When I asked him what was wrong he said the guy in front of him jumped up and hid butted him in the face. Hahaha

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5) Pressley New Year v Celtic (2006)

to make it 2-0 after 8 minutes, looking to close the gap at the top.

4) Kyle New Year Derby

looking like they would sneak away with a point then late on :yas:

3) Beattie in the Semi

to set up the biggest Edinburgh Derby EVER with a late penalty, against Celtic.

2) Barr in the Final

1) Temps at Anfield

the stand out goal for me has to be robbo's vs celtic in the league cup, we were given no chance after having 4 men sent off at ibrox but we dug in and in extra time who else but robbo popped up to slam home the winner, the roof then came off the stadium and right at the death of extra time gordon marshall slapped one of our ball boys because he never gave the ball back, it happened right in front of our section and we all leaned forward ready to pounce lol

magalufhearts

Prestons goal in the rangers semi, someone actually flew over my head!! Rangers fan at work told me on the monday our end was total bedlam!!

scott crabbes goal at parkhead about a min after john miller scored the 1st. galloway got a red card that day too.

The semi at parkhead was that not the game we sold all our tickets yet glasgows finest decided to cram most of us into one section behind the goals??

We_are_the_Hearts

The semi at parkhead was that not the game we sold all our tickets yet glasgows finest decided to cram most of us into one section behind the goals??

We had both sections that game

magalufhearts

From what i remember there were a hell of a lot more in one section than the other. Maybe i was just gassed.

Top 5 celebrations for me

5 - Snodin vs Slavia Prague

4 - Zaliukas v Hibs at Fester Rd

3 - Robertson vs Dundee utd away 86

2 - Barr 19-05-12

1 - Anfield

Goldstone Wonder

One of the best ever was Robbo's goal in the 4th or 5th round of the Scottish Cup at Tynie against Celtic in 1987. Free-kick from just outside the box over a wall taking a slight deflection. Very tight game against a strong Celtic side. The goal came with about 10 minutes to go. Waht followed was sheer bedlam in the shed and in front of the Pie Stand where I used to watch the games.

Rangers had been knocked out by Hamilton at Ibrox in the 3rd round that year and when we put the Tims out I really thought it was going to be our year. Still can't believe we lost to St Mirren in the semis.

Top 5 Home:

Weir in the 4-4

McCann last minute against the Tims

Kyle at new year

Devries' 4th

Robbo v Tims cup qtr final

Top 5 Away:

Stampy last min

Pressley Penalty at ER after fuller fouled(still got seat no.106 in my mates flat)

Bordeaux

Hartley free kick in the semi

De Vries in Braga

Not got a clue who scored it (I was only 10 at the time) but when we went 4-1 up against Locomotiv Lipzig. Then 5-1 and the pitch invasion. The place went mental. Maybe someone a little older than me can confirm but I remember it as a wee laddie being one of the best feelings ever.

Robbo against hibs on our return to the premier. This really is the start of our current domination against them. The shed went mental that day.

Ferguson against Munich, anyone in the shed will just know.

Foster at Easter Road. Robbo scored in the 2nd minute then we got proper pumped for 85 mins only for Foster to win it a a couple of minutes to go.

Stamp at Easter road - as above. Stamp should have had a mask on. Robbed them.

There are too many, Weir 4-4, various against the uglies, Adam in the cup final was strange because we went a bit mental but I think most if us where waiting for the roof to fall in. I think we can celebrate cup finals a little better now as we have a little more experience.

This, and the earlier league game v Sellik from the Nov when we won 3-1. Great times on the terraces.

Remember that. henry made the best save iv ever seen in my life!! Wasnt that also the game where gerry mcnee asked jordan in the post match interview if he thought the scoreline flattered us and he replied "no"?

A wee suggestion of a few that haven't been mentioned (that I've noticed).

Robbo's equaliser at Fester in 1983.

Robbo's late free kick in a cup tie v Celtic (1987)

Robbo's equaliser at Tannadice in 1983/84 after Jimmy Bone had been sent off. They were champions at the time and it was the week after we'd come back from 0-2 in injury time against Rangers. Hearts end went mental that day.

The joy (mixed with relief) when Stephane Adam scored his second in the 1998 semi.

Dave McPherson's injury time equaliser v Celtic from Bruno's cross.

JC equaliser v Aberdeen (1986)

Glyn Snodin (he didn't score that many, if any others so work it out!)

Robbo making it 3-2 when we beat Rangers in the Scottish Cup (1995)

Willie Jameson's equaliser (also 1995)

My personal favs are...

Anfield

Basle

The SECOND goal at Parkhead (John Millar)

Stampy's winner

My personal fav...Jimmy Bone's header in Sept 1983 to beat Hibs 3-2. The roof about came off the old place that day!

Johanes de Silentio

From the school of Locke, Johnstone, Ritchie, McManus, etc:

The scorer would kneel and fire an imaginary crossbow at his mates, who would fall wounded. :D

Well, I liked it, anyway. :angry:

I also mind JC doing a funny wee bunny ears thing after scoring around the same time - I'll bet naeb'dy remembers that. :down:

Has anyone got footage of the alan Preston goal at parkhead?

http://youtu.be/i0rCdrokJ8E

Full highlights from YouTube. Preston's goal is around 12 mins in - there's a brief view of the celebrations, but it doesnt do justice to the mayhem. The Hearts end literally lifted up into the air and were carried en-masse about 20 rows down the terracing. Utterly mental.

Robbo overhead kick in injury time v Old Rangers at Tynie 2-2

Robbo equaliser at Parkhead Coca cola Cup final v Old Rangers

Foster v Hibs is the most mental goal celebration I can remember. Got smacked in the puss by an elbow or something during the celebrations. Lip bust.

I remember Robbo scoring a free kick against Celtic in a cup quarter final at tynie once. Think we won 1-0. The whole place just errupted. Was literaly swept of my feet.

We had a few mental celebrations in the old Beach End at Pittodrie too. I recall it being particularly mental when we won there in 85/86.

Full highlights from YouTube. Preston's goal is around 12 mins in - there's a brief view of the celebrations, but it doesnt do justice to the mayhem. The Hearts end literally lifted up into the air and were carried en-masse about 20 rows down the terracing. Utterly mental.

Nicely summed up. All packed in tightly, and given next to no chance prior to the game, due to the quality of the opposition (a team on the verge of the Champions League final, after all) and us having a fairly mediocre season. And then we went 1-0 up. I've never experienced a celebration like it - there were bodies flying about all over the place. Of course, we lost 2-1, but that's Hearts in a nutshell.

Something I always remember from that day was that at exactly the same time, the Grand National was in the process of being declared void, for the first (and only, I think) time. I had a wee radio with me, and naebody in our group would believe me when I told them... :)

And then we scored, and said radio was lost forever...

These are in no particular order..

1) Darren Barr in the 15th minute on the 19th of May.

2) Beattie's penalty vs Celtic.

3) Ryan McGowan makes it 4-1 on the 19th of May!

4) David Obua vs Hibs

5) Kevin Kyle vs Hibs on 1st Jan 2011

6) Paul Hartley puts us into the Champions League Qualifiers vs Aberdeen

7) Bednar vs Rangers at Tynecastle in 2005

8) Graeme Weir's goal to make it 4-4 - couldn't write that.

9) MDV makes in 5-1 in August 2002

10)Eggert Jonsson overhead kick at Pittodrie a couple of years ago when we were down to 10 men - courtesy of Larry Kingston.

11)Rudi vs Hibs last January to seal the victory.

12)Obviously Anfield last week - unbelievable scenes.

13)Obviously Sir Paul vs Hibs in the Scottish Cup semi in April 2006.

14)Velicka equalises at Easter Road to make it 2-2.

15)Gary Glen in the Scottish Cup vs Hibs.

16)Austin McCann vs Celtic 2003 at Tynie.

These moments against the bad, define the reasons we are all Jambos.

:pleasing:

Matthew Le Tissier

Palazulos (sp) vs huns came back from 2-0 down. A certain poster on here hit the release button and we all ended up on the trackside.

Stevenson vs huns really thought at that moment we were going for the league

Elliott vs the tramps just the way we never gave up and shut those bassas up

Obua vs the tramps ended up going over the police courden due to amount of jambos celabrating right infront of the wee teamers

Skacel 2nd vs the tramps just sewd it all up and mass exodis of what was left of their support made it even sweeter

I'm trying to cast my mind back ... normally we would just get the first smaller section (as you entered that end), however was the bigger section that included being directly behind the goals extend right across towards the end of the jungle, or was there a third smaller section populated by them, or left empty for segregation ?

I do remember there being an awful lot of Jambos in the area directly behind the goal, to the point where it was probably one of my most uncomfortable (in terms of something tragic happening - in fact I remember many of us helping folk up off the concrete while trying to remain upright - really quite mental) experiences at a football match. When you also factor in the occasion and the nature of the first goal, it did make for the most memorable of celebrations.

We had a few mental celebrations in the old Beach End at Pittodrie too. I recall it being particularly mental when we won there in 85/86.

Always a good support up for those games. We just weren't used to dealing with benches for the most part so celebrations tended to be clumsy ... most had been on the Ran Dan for hours too because of the enforced early starts. :thumbsup:

1. McGowan... Cup final

2. Beattie v Celtic

3. Ferguson v Bayern

4. Fozzie on the Fence

5. MDV`s 4th and our 5th v Hoboernian.

What another really difficult question though......it just goes to show how many good moments we`ve had as Hearts fans despite not winning nearly enough given the teams we`ve had.

You always got a great sway or bouncy at big moments in the 80`s, even in normal league games, so i`ve got many great memories from then too... :thumbsup:

Well found

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Don't think I've celebrated a goal more than Templeton's last Thursday. Incredible scenes. Beattie v Celtic is right up there too.

Special mentions to Barr v Hibs, Hartley v Aberdeen and Obua v Hibs. All the cup final goals were special though.

Sadly I've missed some of the epics, such as Anfield and Beattie in the semi. My 5 would be:

1. Graeme Weir v Hibs 4-4

2. Rudi at ER (our 3rd) in January - place went mental

3. Pinilla at Pittodrie (fantastic goal when we ran riot in 2nd half)

4. Thorarinson v Motherwell 2-2 at ER

5. Rudi second in cup final

Was also in Paris for McFadden's goal. I am club over country any day of the week, but went berserk at that goal (in the France end too!)

5 - Hartley's pen v Dons, May 2006

4 - McKay's v Clydebank, April 1986

3 - MDV v Bordeaux, can't remember the date but absolute bedlam.

2 - Fergie v Bayern, February 1989, Shed's finest moment??

1 - End of Cup final 2012. Just such a good feeling, it's where I wanna be!

Big_Hearts_Runner

League cup final at CP in 1996, just months after the Scottish cup final debacle. 2-0 down, Fulton pulls a goal back just before HT. 2-1.

Then Robbo equalises in second half, whole place goes nuts, I remember I ended up hugging a steward and about 10 rows down from my Dad. Actually remember someone saying "this is it, we're going to do it!"

Of course Hearts fans give Gazza a hard time about wife beating & he scores two in quick succession, 4-3 full time, Neil McCann walks off with motm award.

That second goal though was mental!

A couple of years later and we're back at CP, going nuts at Adams goal.

Sawdust Caesar

I used to wear specs to the games and on 3 occasions they were knocked right off my face so I'm using that as a gauge, sort of.

Crabbe's goal against Celtic at Tynie when we won 3-1, IIRC they scored first as well which made the result that wee bit more sweeter.

Preston v Rangers in the semi.

Robbo's 2nd and our 3rd against Hibs in the 1st game after Mercer's attempted takeover.

The specs survived all three as well.

I've not been to even half the matches mentioned on this thread so I'll go for our 2nd against Celtic in the New Year game in 06, I briefly thought we were still in the race, I know we still were despite the result but I didn't think we were going to do it after that game.

For my fifth I can't choose from Beattie v Celtic, Hartley 1st and 2nd in 06 semi and Barr's at the final.

North Berwick Jambo

Another one worth a shout was wee Robbo's last minute goal in the 2-2 game against Rangers at Tynie in the early eighties, i am sure we were 2-0 down with minutes left & when he scored our second the place went mental & i got shoved from the top of the shed down to the fence in about two steps :thumbsup:

Prestons goal in the rangers semi, someone actually flew over my head!! Rangers fan at work told me on the monday our end was total bedlam!!

all packed into one section because the stewards would not open another one. amazing bounce that was!!

andfultons baggio

Never ever got the Weir goal. Can't ever get over excited with a draw against the muppets. Very Hoboesque!

My 5

1. Anfield

2. Fergie v Munich

3. Fozzie on the fence

4. Adam 98

5. Big Jimmy Bone - my first derby.

surely being two goals down to your closest rivals in a New Year Derby in injury time and avoiding defeat is worthy of a wee ,No? :lol:

Nicely summed up. All packed in tightly, and given next to no chance prior to the game, due to the quality of the opposition (a team on the verge of the Champions League final, after all) and us having a fairly mediocre season. And then we went 1-0 up. I've never experienced a celebration like it - there were bodies flying about all over the place. Of course, we lost 2-1, but that's Hearts in a nutshell.

Something I always remember from that day was that at exactly the same time, the Grand National was in the process of being declared void, for the first (and only, I think) time. I had a wee radio with me, and naebody in our group would believe me when I told them... :)

And then we scored, and said radio was lost forever...

I do believe that their equaliser was scored from a corner that was quite clearly a goal kick. Cheating barstewards.

Beattie pen v Celtic

Barr v Hibs

Mcgowan at the cup final

Anfield

Kyle at New Year - incredible scenes in section n

too many to choose from!

Most of my favourites have been covered already but I have not noticed this one, a celebration that seen the shed go mental.......

Robbo's first goal against Hubs aftering returning from Newcastle. Alan Sneddon seemed to lose the ball mid - flight (sun and squint yack) and the wee man rattled it in with about 7 or 8 minutes to go.........

Glynn Snodin v Slavia Prague, 1992. The whole stadium went quiet for the free kick, as we all knew it had to go in or we were out.

When it flew in the top corner, it was like the Shed exploded.

vlad on the tyne

Another one was Adam's goal to pur us 2-1 up against falkirk in the Scottish cup at ibrox in 98

. What about the bounce in the Dunbar end when wee john colqhoun lobbed bandy Leighton from 30 yards.

Bordeaux and Anfield for me are near untouchable though for the sheer rajness of it all.

Glynn Snodin v Slavia Prague, 1992. The whole stadium went quiet for the free kick, as we all knew it had to go in or we were out.

When it flew in the top corner, it was like the Shed exploded.

Good one , one of my earliest memories of a euro night at tynie.

4. Thorarinson v Motherwell 2-2 at ER

This! Was racking my brain for ages trying to remember who scored that night! Was in the old shed stand at ER and stood the entire game!

Shame about the final result though

Good one , one of my earliest memories of a euro night at tynie.

Is there YouTube action for snodin goal

Derek O'connor Easter Road.

Scott Crabbe Parkhead.

Eggert Jonsson St Mirren.

Robbie Basle.

Robbo at Easter Road,last kick for a 1/1 draw.Strike in a crowded box past joke shop Jim.

SectionDJambo

Some great memories in here.

How about the George Fleming injury time equaliser at Motherwell, early 70's in the Texaco Cup semi final? Huge Hearts support went crazy, and then Donald Ford scored to win the match in extra time.

Donald Ford against Hibs at Tynecastle 1973. First match after the New Year debacle. 2-0 up, Hibs score and think they are going to take over, John Stevenson plays a one two just inside our half and runs on into their box, is brought down, and Donald slots in the loose ball. Bedlam.

Just a couple to add to these reasons to look back with a smile. There are so many.

Lots of them mentioned already.

One little one was Eggert Jonsson's goal against St Mirren at Love Street. We had been poor until Robbie Neilson came back into the side following an injury - in right midfield - following Mikey Stewart getting sent off for an off the ball incident.

Eggert's goal was a great symbol of how the team fought for the win - and the celebration in the away end was brilliant.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/1909901/St-Mirren-0-Hearts-1.html

Most of the obvious ones have been mentioned so I will mention a forgotten highlight: Alan Maybury's last-minute winner at home to Partick.

Came from nowhere and led to a superb mental.

Partick fans were raging in McLeod St after that one.

In no particular order , here's my top 5 -

Robbie in Basle (mad scenes , ANOTHER pitch invasion)

Adam in SC final in 98 (you thought the Jambos in Anfield were squaling ?)

Ferguson against Bayern (for our younger readers, this was in the days when English clubs were banned from Europe and Hearts were the only British club left in Europe , that game really brought Hearts names to the fore).

Gowsers goal on 19 May - the cup is ours and I really thought we'd go on to annihilate Hubz that day :verymad: "Hearts are rampant"

De Vries 4th goal - ecstasy , as the Hobos were strong faves for this game but got absolutely creamed.

All 3 vs Dundee utd at tannadice, 1986

Robertson last minute goal vs Celtic, league cup QF 1989

Quitongo last kick of the ball vs Celtic, in the main stand that day - absolute bedlam!

Robertson 3rd goal vs the now defunct Rangers, SC 1986

Ferguson vs Bayern, 1989

Others:

Preston parkhead vs the now defunct Rangers, SC semi 1993

Hearts vs Celtic parkhead 1992, just got my breath back after the 1st, then Crabbe fires in a wee beauty!

Galloway vs Austria Vienna - The night wee made history

The Old Tolbooth

One of the best ever was Robbo's goal in the 4th or 5th round of the Scottish Cup at Tynie against Celtic in 1987. Free-kick from just outside the box over a wall taking a slight deflection. Very tight game against a strong Celtic side. The goal came with about 10 minutes to go. Waht followed was sheer bedlam in the shed and in front of the Pie Stand where I used to watch the games..

This game was a belter, the sheer pandemonium when Robbo's free kick hit the back of the onion bag was brilliant, can't believe I forgot to add this one to my list, there's so many to choose from!

This one was a tad decent too, especially when we thought we'd blown it at 2-2 :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xEYEJP09M&feature=player_embedded#!

Adam in the cup final 1998 ... that was the goal that just made me think 'we might win this'

Ferguson v Bayern Munich... we were ahead in the quarter final of the UEFA Cup ..against Bayern Munich !!

Jimmy Bone 3rd goal against Hibs in 3-2 win 1983... 2-1 down to 3-2 up after another goal from Robbo and then...1st derby after relegation then promotion.

I would defo have these 3 in it....especially Jimmy Bones goal in probably the best derby ever - what a game that was - it was carnage when that goal went in :thumbsup:

magalufhearts

As the vid shows mate the stewards and police crammed us all into one section, only a few got through to the other section

1. Bordeaux - was in upper tier to the left hand side before goal. Was in lower tier on the right hand side after goal.

2. New year Celtic game '06 1st goal section n1. Went from backrow right to first row with scarf missing hugged my way back to my standing zone to turn around in time for a corner....

3. Second goal in Celtic game. Same as first. Went looking for scarf on way back up. Found it 10 seats over hahaha. What a half!!

4. Beatie at semi

5. 4-4 equalizer

Archived