Top 5 mental

SirRudolphofSkacel

SirRudolphofSkacel

Was speaking to a mate from work about anfield and was trying to explain to him how mental the hearts end went when we scored. He's a scotland fan and doesn't follow club football but understood what I was talking about and cited McFaddens goal in paris as a similar experience for him,

It got me thinking about how certain goals are celebrated with just that bit zealthan others. We obviously enjoy goals against the hobos and old firm but sometimes the intensity of celebration reaches another level.

Post you top 5 mentals here, think of 5 goals that have sent us absolutely tonto, upside down back to front and inside out. (Only counts if you were there, not talking about in the pub watching on sky wi your mates)

Here is my 5

1. Stamp v Hibs

Totally against the run of play and we were ready to settle for a draw. The place erupted and my mates specs got knocked off his face and trampled to pieces

2. Beattie v Celtic

If you were there you know what I mean. No need to elaborate.

3. Jose Quitongo V Celtic

We should never have took a point, we robbed them and it was great. Mini pitch invasion, JJ's wee dance on the touchline etc etc.

4. Bordeaux

The place erupted, I remember falling over seats bodies all over the place. Took weeks for the bruises to go.

5. Anfield

totally unexpected and just remember screaming like a lassie. what a buzz

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SirRudolphofSkacel

Weir vs Hibs.

McCann vs Celtic.

Good shout

I forgot about those two, and bednar in Injury time v Celtic. Should have said top 10!

Was speaking to a mate from work about anfield and was trying to explain to him how mental the hearts end went when we scored. He's a scotland fan and doesn't follow club football but understood what I was talking about and cited McFaddens goal in paris as a similar experience for him,

It got me thinking about how certain goals are celebrated with just that bit zealthan others. We obviously enjoy goals against the hobos and old firm but sometimes the intensity of celebration reaches another level.

Post you top 5 mentals here, think of 5 goals that have sent us absolutely tonto, upside down back to front and inside out. (Only counts if you were there, not talking about in the pub watching on sky wi your mates)

Here is my 5

1. Stamp v Hibs

Totally against the run of play and we were ready to settle for a draw. The place erupted and my mates specs got knocked off his face and trampled to pieces

2. Beattie v Celtic

We should never have took a point, we robbed them and it was great. Mini pitch invasion, JJ's wee dance on the touchline etc etc.

4. Bordeaux

The place erupted, I remember falling over seats bodies all over the place. Took weeks for the bruises to go.

5. Anfield

Just as well we are all different!

1. Gowser 19/5/12 - never ever seen a celebration like it, absolute legend!

2. Rudi 19/5/12, no.5 - class!

3. Sir Paul, April 2016 - no.2 free kick - class!

4. Sir Paul v Aberdeen penalty to clinch Champions league play off place, emotion AND

5. Robbie Neilson in Basle, went to celebrate with the home fans! - clown!

This is based on over 50 years supporting the famous!

In no particular order:

Graeme Weir's equaliser in the 4-4 derby

Austin McCann's winner v Celtic

Beattie at Hampden v Celtic

Darren Barr's goal in the cup final

Anfield.

V Liverpool Foster

v Hibs in the cup

Cup semi v Rangers at Parkhead

Bednar v Rangers during Burley days

Colquhoun v Athletico Madrid at Tynie

vlad on the tyne

Fozzy on the fence, Bordeaux and Anfield are my football orgasms. Preston at parkhead in the semi and mcgowans goal for the 4th also deserve a mention. Wish all goals brought these celebrations you just canny whack it.

De vires's four goal

Hartley pen against Aberdeen

Anfield

Miko against Celtic

Bender against the oldco

That's 5 that stick in my mermory

Also speacial mention to the goals against Falkirk away in the CIS cup a few years ago! Think we came back from 2-0 down to almost destroying the entire advertising boards

Big_Hearts_Runner

Miko V Athens at Murrayfield, we were under the kosh for most of the match then Miko popped one in against the run of play, went mental! One game away from Champs lge....

Then AEK scored two & we played Jamie Mole up front in the second leg.

Prestons goal in the rangers semi, someone actually flew over my head!! Rangers fan at work told me on the monday our end was total bedlam!!

scott crabbes goal at parkhead about a min after john miller scored the 1st. galloway got a red card that day too.

Just going to have to pick games I've been at so that's why I'm missing the away games in Europe.

Barr's goal in the 5-1

Gowser's goal in the 5-1

Miko's against AEK

Hartley's first in the 4-0

Hartley's penalty against Aberdeen

Difficult choice for my favourite 5

Darren Barr 19/5/12

Rudi's 1st goal 19/5/12

Danny Grainger 19/5/12

Ryan McGowan 19/5/12

Rudi's 2nd 19/5/12

Prestons goal in the rangers semi, someone actually flew over my head!! Rangers fan at work told me on the monday our end was total bedlam!!

scott crabbes goal at parkhead about a min after john miller scored the 1st. galloway got a red card that day too.

Wrong way round crabbe got the 1st, then millar a min later

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gU0qyCnvLaw#/user/p0ab2

Out of the five cup final goals I'd say Barr's and McGowan's were the two I went most mad at. Barr's goal was special as it was obviously the first and all the nerves before the game and the sheer emotion when it went in. I'm not ashamed to say I greeted after it :thumbsup:

But McGowan's was the one that sealed it for me. It was then that the party started for real

atcuqzlcaaal9gx.jpg

:pleasing:

Here is my 5

1. Stamp v Hibs

2. Beattie v Celtic

4. Bordeaux

I was at all of the above games and I would rank the anfield and Bordeaux celebrations as being mad but the Scottish cup game at Easter rd when foster scored was decent on proper terrace as well!!

5. Anfield

Here is my 5

1. Stamp v Hibs

2. Beattie v Celtic

4. Bordeaux

I was at all of the above games and I would rank the anfield and Bordeaux celebrations as being mad but the Scottish cup game at Easter rd when foster scored was decent on proper terrace as well!!

5. Anfield

Barr's goal in the 5-1!

McGowans goal in the 5-1!

Beattie v Celtic!

Quitongo v Celtic!

Kyle v hibs New Year. Bedlam in section N!!

And many others...... :jjyay:

The Old Tolbooth

Foster's goal at the Echo Dome, bedlam!

Beattie's goal in last seasons semi, Bedlam!

Reina's own goal (I'd give it to Temps but feck him) at Anfield, bedlam!

Stampy's goal at the Echo Dome, bedlam!

Alln Preston's goal against oldco, bedlam!

Adam in the cup final 1998 ... that was the goal that just made me think 'we might win this'

Ferguson v Bayern Munich... we were ahead in the quarter final of the UEFA Cup ..against Bayern Munich !!

Jimmy Bone 3rd goal against Hibs in 3-2 win 1983... 2-1 down to 3-2 up after another goal from Robbo and then...1st derby after relegation then promotion.

Alan Johnstone.. his 3rd in a 3-0 away victory at Ibrox

John Robertson away at Dundee United in 1986... 3rd goal wrapped it up and the league was ours :(

with an honourable mention for Robbo's equaliser in the League Cup final at Parkhead... went corporate and in the main stand surrounded by Rangers fans it was an immense feeling as we had been 2-0 down.

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

That 3-2 derby game where Dean Shiels got sent off was an incredible bounce when Miko scored the winner.

I left at 90 minutes of the 4-4 game

it was 4-2 as i left my seat. as we filtered down the stairs at the back of the wheatfield we heard a roar. had the final whistle been blown? was it 5-2?

I didn't want to know, angry, we picked up the pace. Soon after wards we were further up the road, heard another roar..... whats happenin?

I still didn't want to know, i was heart broken. then the strangest thing happened, it was like a wave of energy surging up the street as the ness spread by word of mouth. i just remember hearing my mate saying "surely no 4-4?" when the street erupted into chaos, we we're just turning the corner at the brige before the station tavern. a young lad ran past and threw himself at the front of a bus that was just pulling away from the lights.

I don't know what happened but before i knew i was rolling on the pavement at the crossing.

Absolute delerium and we were 150 yards outside the stadium.

I was at bordeaux, down in liverpool, there for stampy, 4-0 semi and last years semi and final and nothing will ever compare to that moment on the corner of smithfield street and gorgie road

I left at 90 minutes of the 4-4 game

it was 4-2 as i left my seat. as we filtered down the stairs at the back of the wheatfield we heard a roar. had the final whistle been blown? was it 5-2?

I didn't want to know, angry, we picked up the pace. Soon after wards we were further up the road, heard another roar..... whats happenin?

I still didn't want to know, i was heart broken. then the strangest thing happened, it was like a wave of energy surging up the street as the ness spread by word of mouth. i just remember hearing my mate saying "surely no 4-4?" when the street erupted into chaos, we we're just turning the corner at the brige before the station tavern. a young lad ran past and threw himself at the front of a bus that was just pulling away from the lights.

I don't know what happened but before i knew i was rolling on the pavement at the crossing.

Absolute delerium and we were 150 yards outside the stadium.

I was at bordeaux, down in liverpool, there for stampy, 4-0 semi and last years semi and final and nothing will ever compare to that moment on the corner of smithfield street and gorgie road

1.Ferguson vs Bayern (was 3/4 up the corner of the shed, ended up jumping on the fence at the bottom. Bedlam.)

2. Fozzie vs Hibs (the huge away terracing at ER went absolutely mental. What an experience!)

3. Beattie vs Celtic (the pressure had built up waiting on him taking the pen, and to do it to THEM in the last min of a Semi with Hibs waiting in the Final too. Only time I've been physically shaking after a goal.)

4. MDV vs Bordeaux (how we all escaped serious injury during this celebration is a mystery. Fell about 3 rows forward, head first. Glasses ended up about 6 rows in front. Legs and arms everywhere. It was beautiful.)

5. Temps vs Liverpool (unexpected and to score and take the lead away at one of the biggest and most successful clubs in world football was v v v special. Place went totally mental, but just behind Bordeaux for me in terms of celebration.)

Bordeaux was the best for me it was just absolute pandemonium everywhere. The hearts support for that trip was just incredible.

Rudolf's Mate

Mad seeing all the different views.

Barr's goal was a bit of an anti climax as it was so far away from me that I had to rely on the crowd to understand it was in. Took the shine off a bit for me.

Fergies v Bayern is up there along with Adams in 98 however Anfield was total carnage!

Zaliukas at Easter road.

Weirs second in the 4-4 game

Beattie penalty v Celtic

Miko v hibs at tynie on boxing day

Super Wayne (watched from the boozer but got kicked out after the goal for knocking over 3 tables and about 12 seats in a frenzied celebration)

Dagger Is Back

So so many.

4-4 with Weirs last minute goal

Prestons goal against that team called Rangers who used to win everything - that was a real scary celebration. Bodies everywhere

Anfield - the bounce was amazing but it was the noise. Listening back to it, it sounds like a caged animal breaking loose

Bordeaux - we were getting pummelled senseless, then we scored and a combination of too much drink and those daft wee benches and it was mayhem

The last ones a weird one. Remember a derby at Tynie which was part of the 22 in a row. We're 1 down and Ian Ferguson - not Bayern - volleyed into the roof of the net. The Shed went apeshit for what seemed like ages.

Mind my grumpy Hibby pal composing the next day - what was all that bouncing about fur? Yez we're acting like you'd win the cup or summat

Far too many left out though

Basle

Robbos 1st and 3rd at Tannadice

Super Wayne

Willie Jamieson against Celtic

Beattie against Celtic

Stampy against Hibs

McGowan versus Hibs to make it 4-1 when even the doubters could relax

You know, we all have a wee moan about our team and we hurt when things don't go we'll, but you just wouldn't change it for a minute would you?

Once you're truly bitten you just can't walk away.

JTTDID

Jambo Till The Day I Die

Never ever got the Weir goal. Can't ever get over excited with a draw against the muppets. Very Hoboesque!

My 5

1. Anfield

2. Fergie v Munich

3. Fozzie on the fence

4. Adam 98

5. Big Jimmy Bone - my first derby.

Weir's equaliser is probably the most made I've went.

Gowsers 4-1 to ensure that we had definitely won was up there.

Hartley's pen v Aberdeen to secure 2nd of course.

I think Websters one at ER this new year to put us 2-1 up was a messy celebration.

Which reminds me of an even messier one a year previous with Kyle at Tynie.

:thumbsup:

A non hearts one would be our equaliser V Italy at Hampden a few years ago. Shame about the end outcome though.

fabienleclerq

Not the most important but my favourite.

1.Bordeaux, Just mental.Great trip and best away support ever.

2.Obua at the san giro again absolute mental.

3.Adam 98 thats the moment i thought "this is ours"

4.Allan johnstone v Aberdeen cup semi 96?

5.Elliott against the tramps to make it 2-2 in the lochend favella.

5) Templeton (1-0) versus Liverpool. Wasn't at the game, but I have never screamed louder at the TV. Even my Celtic supporting mate was shouting "Come on Hearts" and danced around the living room with me!

4) Rudi (3-1) at Easter Road! The fact it was 1-1 for the most part of the game, just the way it finished and his celebration. Went mental! Ended up 6 rows forward.

3) Kevin Kyle (1-0) New Years Day. My mate was sitting on his phone, disinterested. Saw Novikovas got the ball and as he skinned 3 defenders, I punched him in the arm to get his attention. We stand up as the cross goes in, and BLAM! Carnage. Again ended up a few rows forward.

2) McGowan (4-1) on *that* day. Chaos. Knew that was it sealed and the party could begin. Made a new best friend at Hampden that day. Hugged him more times that day than I have my own mum.

1) Rudi (5-1) on *that* day. Had we actually just scored 5 - FIVE? - against them. Party time :av-1001:

I love supporting Hearts! :yas:

Crabbes goal in the 2-1 at Parkhead. It came do soon after Millars goal. It was multi layered euphoria.

Crabbe's goal was first. What a cracking finish it was too.

Snake Plissken

Restricted to games I've been to (no 5-1 for me :sob: )

1) Stephane Adam - I don't think I even need to say the game, do I?

2) Hartley's first against Hibs in 2006

3) Ryan Stevenson v Rangers: under the cosh the entire game (Kello playing out of his skin) and suddenly we score with our only attack of the match.

4) Kevin Kyle v Hibs: just when it looked like Hibs had ground out a draw big Kevin pops up.

5) Paul Hartley v Aberdeen: a special night

Great thread. Gives the opportunity to youtube some of the best moments as a hearts fan and remind us that even when there are downs the ups are just around the corner!

Wasn't at Anfield, so for me it's Preston's goal at Parkheid vs Rangers in the Cup (ended up about 20 rows down from my mates), then a massive gap...

...all the way down to many, many others, most of which have already been mentioned, such as:

Adam in the Cup final (thought I was going to have a heart attack)

Quitongo vs Celtic

Robbo in the Andy Thorn game

De Vries' first goal in Braga (probably the most trousered I've ever been at a football match)

Kevin Thomas vs Rangers in the Cup (4-2 game)

Iain Ferguson vs Bayern

Ferguson (Ian without the second 'i') vs Hibs

Robbo vs Madrid

Snodin vs Prague

Austin McCann vs Celtic

Bednar vs Rangers (1-0 to keep winning run going)

Alan Maclaren vs Airdrie (although what was to follow would no doubt be included in a 'most depressing nights' thread)

Hartley free kick vs Hibs in 06 semi

Allan Johnstone vs Aberdeen in 96 semi

Sorry, much more than 5, but couldn't chop it down to size. If you could bottle the feelings associated with the above goals going in, you'd make a fortune.

p.s. Non-Hearts: Caldwell vs France, McFadden vs Holland, Ferguson vs Italy.

Top 5 is tricky but:-

Ferguson v Bayern

Adam in the cup final

Never forget!!

After the chaos died down in the shed when Ferguson scored I was about 20yards away form my mate!!!! :content:

Has Hambone or someone got a video of this Preston goal - I can't recall it and sounds like a goodie.

What year was it?

Has Hambone or someone got a video of this Preston goal - I can't recall it and sounds like a goodie.

What year was it?

Wasn't at Anfield, so for me it's Preston's goal at Parkheid vs Rangers in the Cup (ended up about 20 rows down from my mates), then a massive gap...

...all the way down to many, many others, most of which have already been mentioned, such as:

Adam in the Cup final (thought I was going to have a heart attack)

Quitongo vs Celtic

Robbo in the Andy Thorn game

De Vries' first goal in Braga (probably the most trousered I've ever been at a football match)

Kevin Thomas vs Rangers in the Cup (4-2 game)

Iain Ferguson vs Bayern

Ferguson (Ian without the second 'i') vs Hibs

Robbo vs Madrid

Snodin vs Prague

Austin McCann vs Celtic

Bednar vs Rangers (1-0 to keep winning run going)

Alan Maclaren vs Airdrie (although what was to follow would no doubt be included in a 'most depressing nights' thread)

Hartley free kick vs Hibs in 06 semi

Allan Johnstone vs Aberdeen in 96 semi

Sorry, much more than 5, but couldn't chop it down to size. If you could bottle the feelings associated with the above goals going in, you'd make a fortune.

p.s. Non-Hearts: Caldwell vs France, McFadden vs Holland, Ferguson vs Italy.

Maybe it was you who flew over my head!!!!

We_are_the_Hearts

Scott Crabbe and John Millar, 2 goals in a minute at the old Parkhead. Bedlam. The days when 5,000 JTs would be packed in like sardines!

Scott Crabbe and John Millar, 2 goals in a minute at the old Parkhead. Bedlam. The days when 5,000 JTs would be packed in like sardines!

This, and the earlier league game v Sellik from the Nov when we won 3-1. Great times on the terraces.

Adam v Rangers

Barr v Hibs

Robbos 2nd, ( Hearts 3rd ) v Dundee Utd away 1986

Alan Johnson v Aberdeen 1996 Semi , just after Shearer had equalised

Graham Weir 4-4 draw v Hibs

Archived