Should the S.F.A. demote refs ??

slfjambo

as the title says should the s.f.a. demote refs ?? like they do in england

Axed ref Rob Styles pays penalty

Controversial referee Rob Styles has been dropped to League Two this weekend after failing to award two penalties in favour of Manchester United against Blackburn.

Styles will run the derby between Shrewsbury and Chester - the first time this season he has refereed outside the top flight.

The Hampshire official ignored United's pleas for spot-kicks in their 1-1 draw at Blackburn when Wayne Rooney was brought down by Steven Reid, and when Michael Carrick's shot was handled by Brett Emerton.

Last month Styles, 44, stunned Man City fans at Birmingham by awarding a penalty against Sun Jihai when TV replays showed Gary McSheffrey had instigated a shoulder to shoulder collision outside the area.

817-grey.gif

Styles was also forced into an apology to Liverpool in August after wrongly awarding Chelsea a penalty at Anfield.

Toxteth O'Grady

Controversial referee Rob Styles has been dropped to League Two this weekend after failing to award two penalties in favour of Manchester United against Blackburn.

Styles will run the derby between Shrewsbury and Chester - the first time this season he has refereed outside the top flight.

The Hampshire official ignored United's pleas for spot-kicks in their 1-1 draw at Blackburn when Wayne Rooney was brought down by Steven Reid, and when Michael Carrick's shot was handled by Brett Emerton.

Last month Styles, 44, stunned Man City fans at Birmingham by awarding a penalty against Sun Jihai when TV replays showed Gary McSheffrey had instigated a shoulder to shoulder collision outside the area.

817-grey.gif

Styles was also forced into an apology to Liverpool in August after wrongly awarding Chelsea a penalty at Anfield.

They should demote them for poor performances but in practice there would be none left in the SPL:sad:

Thig Ar Latha
They should demote them for poor performances but in practice there would be none left in the SPL:sad:

They should be 'Kicking' their arses instead of 'Kissing' them. :ahhhhhhh:

But as you quite rightly point out, there'd be none left.

Ray Winstone

Did I see that 6 Bulgarian or Hungarian referees (I cant quite remember) have been suspended for making mistakes in domestic games over the last couple of weeks!

If that is correct then it is something they should look to impliment over here!

Exactly.

I would like our referees to become more 'human', i would like them to talk afterwards, i would like them to communicate with players, i would even like if now and again they would smile.

I would also like them to referee games with the mindset it is team A V team B, eleven players v 11 players instead of thinking it is Rangers v Celtic or Rangers v Hearts or even top v second.

I also think some of them go into the games with the wrong attitude and come across as to aggressive and some have certain players cards marked before they go out onto the pitch which is also wrong.

As much as i have had a go at refs this season i do feel it is a thankless task, but i do not think that many of them help their own cause with the way they go about their business.

But hey ho what does it matter if refereeing abilities in this country are poor and sliding, as long as your team wins you should just ignore it.;)

817-grey.gif

We dont have enough ref's as it is,one of the reasons being what is being discussed on this web site.

Most of the ref's are in quite high profile job's and their integrity is being brought up at every turn,why anyone wants to put themself's up for this kind of ridcule is beyond me.

Every ref,former or recent I have met always come across as decent level headed guy's with no real agenda agains Hearts or any other teams for that matter,individual players yes,teams no.

If these guy's are corrupt they must be getting some kind of reward from someone or people,put it this way as I say most of them are in high profile,high paid jobs,do you honestly think they would jeapordise their entire life for a few back handers,get a fecking grip FFS.

Exactly.

I would like our referees to become more 'human', i would like them to talk afterwards, i would like them to communicate with players, i would even like if now and again they would smile.

I would also like them to referee games with the mindset it is team A V team B, eleven players v 11 players instead of thinking it is Rangers v Celtic or Rangers v Hearts or even top v second.

I also think some of them go into the games with the wrong attitude and come across as to aggressive and some have certain players cards marked before they go out onto the pitch which is also wrong.

As much as i have had a go at refs this season i do feel it is a thankless task, but i do not think that many of them help their own cause with the way they go about their business.

But hey ho what does it matter if refereeing abilities in this country are poor and sliding, as long as your team wins you should just ignore it.;)

So therefore they are poor for everyone and every team,yes.

sandy hearts

It annoys me that in this country refs can make many mistakes and not face the consequences.

The two arguments is that if you do punish the refs for bad mistakes you add pressure on them during the game perhaps influencing there final decisions.

but you could also say that if you dont punish them they continue to make there mistakes without trying to improve themselves. whereas if you were they would try to improve the part of their game

DuffJimmy1875

In theory yes, but taking off the green/maroon (delete as appropriate) tinted spectacles for a minute, what have dedicated followers of lower league teams done to deserve seeing their team's games ****ed up by this shower of incompetent fudge packers we call "SPL referees"????

Sadly, we're stuck with them - I wish eternal pestilience and misery on Messrs Richmond and Freeland in particular.

Which UNDOUBTEDLY means that the 2 offenders will be in charge of 2 or 3 of our remaining games :evilno:

I don't know if there is any communication going on behind the scenes but it's high time there was............and for once can we not bring VR's tenure of Hearts into this discussion :evilno:

The refs are generally in very responsible jobs and one would therefore assume that they are fairly balanced individuals. However Brines is leading the vanguard of 'new' refs and I am actually quite disturbed to think that he is a Police man, cos if he has been trained to employ the same people skills as he exhibits on the field.......then we are royally fecked :sad:

It always appears that our refs appear to upset both sets of players and generally scowl for the 90 mins.........Dallas being the worlds worst !

Now whilst the EPL refs do make some howlers they also appear to be able to have a laugh with the players in even the most tetchy of matches.

Compare that with Gazza's booking for brandishing the refs own yellow card at him some years ago..........what a f**** erse that ref was and I think that was a clear sign of the misdirected support the SFA gives them up here.

However, the players and the clubs are at fault too and they ought to be gathered round a table and told to at least make an attempt to play by the rules, thus making the refs job just that little bit easier ?

Sadly though, if the SFA or SPL arrange a seminar to discus the above......quite often over half the clubs fail to send a rep :sad:

Jasonauskas

Most of the ref's are in quite high profile job's and their integrity is being brought up at every turn

which is why refs should be professional, no other jobs to sidetrack them. The quality of refereeing would improve.

Amoruso Lets it Run ...

Stopping weegie polismen from refereeing and running the line in games involving their OF boyhood heroes would cut out 99% of the 'mistakes' immediately !! :rolleyes::mad:

GFA *****

which is why refs should be professional, no other jobs to sidetrack them. The quality of refereeing would improve.

exactly they should be professional but are the SFA going to pay them decent enough wages to make them give up their jobs

I dont think so

lawriejambo

Do you honestly think if Mike McCurry, Dougie McDonald etc were professional they would be any better than they are now?

I don't think so..

We should be looking at using Ref's from England , Wales, Ireland and Europe like they do for European games in our domestic games..

Probably would improve the Ref's understanding of the different countrys style of play for the better and stop the favouritism Scottish Ref's have towards the Old in-firm..

In this day an age of travel I don't think this would be to hard to implement..

Ron Burgundy
So therefore they are poor for everyone and every team,yes.

I'm sure there is a team out there that have not lost 95% of matches refereed by Dougie McDonald.

He seems to be poorer when we play or do you think it's coincidence?

PS. The 95% was plucked from thin air but seems about right.

Do you honestly think if Mike McCurry, Dougie McDonald etc were professional they would be any better than they are now?

I don't think so..

We should be looking at using Ref's from England , Wales, Ireland and Europe like they do for European games in our domestic games..

Probably would improve the Ref's understanding of the different countrys style of play for the better and stop the favouritism Scottish Ref's have towards the Old in-firm..

In this day an age of travel I don't think this would be to hard to implement..

The SFA should be ensuring that Grade 1 Officials have to state which team they have had a preference for. They should never be allowed to referee any game involving that team or their closest rivals. That would instantly put a stop to the ridiculous situation we have in Scottish football nowadays where 70% of the officials involved at the top level in the game come from the West of Scotland.

Mistakes I can live with - but instances of quite blatant bias is another thing entirely.

You need to go to the route of the problem and get McVicar out of the SFA.

Once that's happened you MIGHT just find that referees from outwith the Glasgow connurbation actually get a chance of refereeing in the SPL.

There is NO lack of referees.

There IS a lack of referees from every association outside Glasgow ever getting the chance to make it to the SPL and that is down to McVicar.

lawriejambo
The SFA should be ensuring that Grade 1 Officials have to state which team they have had a preference for. They should never be allowed to referee any game involving that team or their closest rivals. That would instantly put a stop to the ridiculous situation we have in Scottish football nowadays where 70% of the officials involved at the top level in the game come from the West of Scotland.

Mistakes I can live with - but instances of quite blatant bias is another thing entirely.

The SFA are biased towards the bigot bro's and so are their Ref's, they would just lie about who they really support like they do now..

Ceptic & Rankgers don't get the same decisions when they play European games compared to cheating Scottish Ref's..

The SFA are biased towards the bigot bro's and so are their Ref's, they would just lie about who they really support like they do now..

Ceptic & Rankgers don't get the same decisions when they play European games compared to cheating Scottish Ref's..

It's done in England and seems to work well - I reckon it would work here, however you may be right in pointing out that no-one in the SFA has the stomach to face up to this problem Until they do - absolutely nothing is ever going to change.

Archived