Central Midfielders

Hans007

Who to bin and who to keep?

Aguair

Stewart

Kingston

Palazuelos

Jonnson

Since I can't see lovechildren Miko or Cesny being shifted from the right and Driver from the left I don't think we need 5 CM. I'd keep 3, best 2 on form play and an experienced one on the bench. Also bearing in mind young McGowan can be pitched in if we are struggling. Then not much variation and wage bill trimmed.

I'd get rid of Stewart and Aguair.

Dr. Bapswent

Aguair

Stewart

Kingston

Palazuelos

Jonnson

Since I can't see lovechildren Miko or Cesny being shifted from the right and Driver from the left I don't think we need 5 CM. I'd keep 3, best 2 on form play and an experienced one on the bench. Also bearing in mind young McGowan can be pitched in if we are struggling. Then not much variation and wage bill trimmed.

Stewart is the weakest link IMO.

But id keep them all, as 5 midfield players is enough to have cover in case of injury and suspension.

Id only get rid of one to replace them with better.

Drylaw Hearts

Aguair

Stewart

Kingston

Palazuelos

Jonnson

I would love us to be able to afford to keep Kingston but we can't.

Which leaves only Ruben and Jonsson for me.

Personally, I think it'd be futile to get rid of Bruno.

His range of passing is excellent, and given an injury free run in the team, could become the Paul Hartley type we need. Also he's the only player who knows how to actually take a decent set peice. 2 excellent free kick takers in Bruno and Larry would be of a benefit to the team.

I agree about Stewart though, needs punted.

Drylaw Hearts

His range of passing is excellent, and given an injury free run in the team, could become the Paul Hartley type we need. Also he's the only player who knows how to actually take a decent set peice. 2 excellent free kick takers in Bruno and Larry would be of a benefit to the team.

I think Bruno has about a tenth of the drive that Hartley has.

And will score a tenth of the goals Hartley did.

Thing with Bruno was, when Hartley was driving forward, he was asked to hold back and try and break up the play. With no Hartley, you might see Bruno pushed further forward.

Given a free role to push forward could help show off the talent he has.

Dr. Bapswent

Yes, but we dont have Hartley anymore.

Therefore that elevates Bruno far up the ranks of what we have IMO.

Drylaw Hearts
Yes, but we dont have Hartley anymore.

Therefore that elevates Bruno far up the ranks of what we have IMO.

He could be TOP of the ranks and it still wouldn't make him a Paul Hartley type player.

He could be TOP of the ranks and it still wouldn't make him a Paul Hartley type player.

Well unfortunately, for you anyway, you'll have to get behind him if he starts regularly.

markletissier
We can always play Zaliukas in midfield if we are short! He is good in that position!

i'll crack the next joke mate.

Unfortunately his range seems to miss Hearts players.

Not a good footballer IMO, from this midfield list, first out of the door if it were up to me.

I would keep Jonsson, Stewart and Palazuelos, with Stewart very close to an exit if his form does not return to the form he showed at the beginning of the season.

Drylaw Hearts
Well unfortunately, for you anyway, you'll have to get behind him if he starts regularly.

Unfortunately ??

I think I'd rather have him in the team before Stewart or No.28.

Every cloud and all that.....

I'd keep Kingston for 6 more months to a season, Aguiar should get a chance under the new manager, Palazuelos has shown he has class in his first season, definitely deserves another one at least, Jonsson is a really good player, an international with Iceland, he will go further than Hearts, most likely the Championship or Premiership (not just yet though).

I'd get rid of Stewart and Zaliukas (if we keep Karipidis). I's also consider moving Cesnauskis on, he is an alright player but we have more than enough players that can play on the wings - Miko, Driver, Kingston, Jonsson, Wallace, Ivaskevicius, Beslija (he'll be back).

I wouldn't get rid of any of them. I think centre midfield is about the only position (I'd say left midfield would be the other) that we don't need to strengthen next season. Moving Kingston inside will help greatly when we sign a new right midfielder. I like Bruno as a back-up to Kingston and Jonsson and Palazuelos battling it out for the DM spot. We could also keep Stewart just because our injury list is often ridiculous and I'm sure he'd come in handy at some point.

At no point this season, as bad as it has been, have I thought 'I wish Bruno Aguiar was fit'. Therefore I would not be disappointed to see him leave especially as he will be on a bulky wage. I would be happy to see the back of Billy Big Shot Stewart and have Ruben and Eggert rotated in the defensive midfield role as they are quite similar in style.

The only attacking central midfielder we have is Ksanivicius who doesn't contribute goals or much else besides. If Kingston stays beyond the summer it may be worth utilising him in that role, on the condition that we find an effective right winger/midfielder to play on the right (I'm not happy with Mikoliunas, Cesnauskis or Ivaskevicius). If Kingston leaves we will need to bring in an attacking central midfielder. I would be satisfied with Barry Nicholson as long as his wage demands are reasonable as he takes a good set piece and scores fairly regularly in the SPL. He could be a Hartley/Cameron type player for us although I don't think he is as good as either.

Unfortunately his range seems to miss Hearts players.

Not a good footballer IMO, from this midfield list, first out of the door if it were up to me.

I would keep Jonsson, Stewart and Palazuelos, with Stewart very close to an exit if his form does not return to the form he showed at the beginning of the season.

I had the same idea.

Larry, Eggert and Ruben stay. Maybe, maybe, maybe keep Stewart but lose Bruno and get in an attacking midfielder of quality.

:confused:

Aguair

Stewart

Kingston

Palazuelos

Jonnson

Drylaw Hearts
:confused:

Bes The Bullet plays on the right doesn't he ?

It's been so long my memory is a little fuzzy.

None of them are,............but that's not really the point now, is it!

Plenty other teams manage to play good football and score goals without having Paul Hartley in their team. There is no reason why we can't either.

CM is not our problem area at the moment.

I think it is a problem position in that they are all defensive midfielders. We need a Cameron / Hartley type through the middle and give us goals from that area. I like Kingston wide right so i'd like an attacking midfielder in there to give us a goal threat from the middle.

Drylaw Hearts
None of them are,............but that's not really the point now, is it!

Plenty other teams manage to play good football and score goals without having Paul Hartley in their team. There is no reason why we can't either.

It was the point another poster was trying to make.

As for your second point - I agree.

Can someone tell me what Bruno has done wrong ?..................apart of course from geting injured/vladed ?

He'd be an asset to what we have there right now.

Of course, if he is either unlilely to recover fully from injury , or is in fact out of favour with the poor man's Abrvomich, then I'd see little point in retaining his services.

However, if we are talking about ability, commitment etc., then I saw nothing from his previous appearances for us to sugget that we should simply discard him.

To compare him with PH, and berate him because he didn't play the same type of game/score the same number of goals etc., is just daft.

I think he may be getting tarred with the Beslija brush here. A bit unfairly if you ask me.

Drylaw Hearts
Can someone tell me what Bruno has done wrong ?..................apart of course from geting injured/vladed ?

He'd be an asset to what we have there right now.

Of course, if he is either unlilely to recover fully from injury , or is in fact out of favour with the poor man's Abrvomich, then I'd see little point in retaining his services.

However, if we are talking about ability, commitment etc., then I saw nothing from his previous appearances for us to sugget that we should simply discard him.

To compare him with PH, and berate him because he didn'y play the same type of game/score the same number of goals etc., is just daft.

I think he may be getting tarred with the Beslija brush here. A bit unfairly if you ask me.

I really wish you had read the thread properly.

Our midfield, as of 1st of July 2008 is;

McCann DM LM

Aguiar C/AM

Kingston AM RM

Driver LM RM

Mikoliunas RM LM

Cesnauskis RM LM

Jonsson D/CM RM

Stewart D/C/AM

Zaliukas CD DM

Ivaskevicius CM AM RM

Ksanavicius AM LM

Screpis D/C/AM RM

Palazuelos D/CM

Wallace LB LM

Beslija RM

14 players;

6 can play in the holding role,

7 can play in the centre or attacking,

11 can play on the wings.

I really wish you had read the thread properly.

Yep,.........but as you posted previously when another poster digressed,....on this occassion this is the point that I wish to make.

................if that's alright with you of course, or do I have to start a completely new thread to have to make it ??

Our midfield, as of 1st of July 2008 is;

McCann DM LM

Aguiar C/AM

Kingston AM RM

Driver LM RM

Mikoliunas RM LM

Cesnauskis RM LM

Jonsson D/CM RM

Stewart D/C/AM

Zaliukas CD DM

Ivaskevicius CM AM RM

Ksanavicius AM LM

Screpis D/C/AM RM

Palazuelos D/CM

Wallace LB LM

Beslija RM

14 players;

6 can play in the holding role,

7 can play in the centre or attacking,

11 can play on the wings.

Out of they 14 I would keep 7. The 6 highlighted and possibly one of Miko/Chesney for back-up depending who we bring in. Probably Miko because Chesney is on a lot more.

On the case of the central midfielders I would love to keep Larry as he does add so much quality. He could thrive in the middle of midfield (The 'Hartley position') and also gives us an option on the right. But if he is on ?15,000 a week then that is way too much. And it would allow us to bring in a few players with money left over.

The others I would keep would be Ruben, Jonsson and Bruno. It would be between Bruno and Stewart to be kept for back-up. I just reckon Bruno gives us more quality and can fill in the holding role, Ruben role or the Hartley role.

On the case of the central midfielders I would love to keep Larry as he does add so much quality. He could thrive in the middle of midfield (The 'Hartley position') and also gives us an option on the right. But if he is on ?15,000 a week then that is way too much. And it would allow us to bring in a few players with money left over.

It would cost us ?750,000 to keep Larry for one more season. He has 2 years left on his contract, if we were to sell him in the summer of 2009 for ?2.5M (1 year left) we would have still made ?500,000 profit on him (?1.5M wages over 2 years, ?500,000 transfer fee*).

Although if we were to sell him now, we'd probally get ?3.25M for him, making ?2M profit.

*how much did we pay for him? I'm 50% sure it was half a mil.

Ray Winstone

Bin Stewart, sell Kingston and bring in Barry Nicholson, and try and get a youngster through.

That should do it.

If only it was that simple!

Drylaw Hearts
It would cost us ?750,000 to keep Larry for one more season. He has 2 years left on his contract, if we were to sell him in the summer of 2009 for ?2.5M (1 year left) we would have still made ?500,000 profit on him (?1.5M wages over 2 years, ?500,000 transfer fee*).

Although if we were to sell him now, we'd probally get ?3.25M for him, making ?2M profit.

:rolleyes:

Something tells me you were probably one of the guys who thought we'd get ?4million for Velicka.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I think we would get ?1 million at most for Kingston.

Ray Winstone
I think we would get ?1 million at most for Kingston.

I think you may be right - he has been far to injury prone and add to that his inconsistancy when he does play and you have someone that people may not be willing to take a huge risk on.

Romanov will probably take anything over 1million!

:rolleyes:

Something tells me you were probably one of the guys who thought we'd get ?4million for Velicka.

?3.25M for a player who has starred in the African Nations Cup, he is one of the SPL's best (not Barry Ferguson best - the actual best) midfielder.

If he has that extra year on his contract, clubs would have to pay that extra bit to be able to tempt the selling club to let him go.

Also, I didn't think anyone would come in for Velicka, ?600,000 at most.

Are you really good at Football Manager?

Drylaw Hearts
?3.25M for a player who has starred in the African Nations Cup, he is one of the SPL's best (not Barry Ferguson best - the actual best) midfielder.

If he has that extra year on his contract, clubs would have to pay that extra bit to be able to tempt the selling club to let him go.

Also, I didn't think anyone would come in for Velicka, ?600,000 at most.

Starred ??

Really ??

Re: Velicka - my mistake.

The transfer fees aren't only based on the players' attributes but also their salary.

A player getting ?15K a week isn't just going to sell for ?1M (unless they are useless- which Kingston is not).

Hutton and Gordon both sold for ?9M-ish, they were both on nearly ?20K/week. The reason Larry won't go for that much is Hearts aren't doing as well as we were when Gordon was here, the better the clubs are doing, the more other clubs need to pay for their players (because they are in high demand).

Starred ??

Really ??

"Played" then. Using some of my agent talk there:rolleyes:

Re: Velicka - my mistake.

No problem.

I reckon tangoman may try and tempt Stewart up to Aberdeen, however to be honest I think he could still do a job for us if he could learn to channel his passion more productively.

Kingston should be kept for at least another 6 (injury free) months with a possible move to the english prem in January - perhaps more likely to get a decent fee for him then.

Can't see any place in the team for Ivaskevicous, screpis, Beslija, and possibly time for Chesney to move on....

Archived