AGM Did RR play the oldest trick in the book

flecktimus

I have made a few posts about this subject on other threads but i believe this subject requires its own debate.

Now as far as the AGM is concerned i believe RR gave a masterful performance.Under his fathers instructions he delivered an AGM where the massive questions where not answered and this suited the Romanovs.RR fed us and especially the press exactly what they wanted and sent everyone away from the AGM raging.

1) Refs cost us 15 pionts. We love that one

2) SPL is corrupt. That was a big thankyou from the press

Now the questions that have not been debated and certainly not answered.

1) Who did HMFC buy for ?3.7m

2) Why were players wages inflated upto ?12.5m

3) The fianancial mismanagement of HMFC

Now in my book the above 3 questions where the subject the Romanovs wanted to avoid at all cost.

So question is

1) Do you think RR gave a masterfull performance using the oldest tricks in the book?

2) He is just a plonker?

Look forward to your comments.:eek:

I have made a few posts about this subject on other threads but i believe this subject requires its own debate.

Now as far as the AGM is concerned i believe RR gave a masterful performance.Under his fathers instructions he delivered an AGM where the massive questions where not answered and this suited the Romanovs.RR fed us and especially the press exactly what they wanted and sent everyone away from the AGM raging.

Now in my book the above 3 questions where the subject the Romanovs wanted to avoid at all cost.

So question is

1) Do you think RR gave a masterfull performance using the oldest tricks in the book?

2) He is just a plonker?

What you have decribed is someone who is attempting to provoke the fans and the media to ask more questions. it sounds like they are looking for an exit strategy and will use the fans and the media as an excuse to walk away.

Might it be that RR is just completely incompetent and just wanted to avoid having to answer as they have made a james blunt of it !!

OP might just have something there.

In particular the ?3.7m. Can't understand how that could not be answered at this meeting as in effect, the only people there were the owners of the club.

OP might just have something there.

In particular the ?3.7m. Can't understand how that could not be answered at this meeting as in effect, the only people there were the owners of the club.

I do not get it?

He never answered because what? whats the oldest trick in the book anyway? :confused:

Hans von Luck

Sorry but I dont buy that one, I was at the AGM and personally I think that RR was not informed about anything before going into the meeting and he tried to wing it.

Remember he did not even know if Bednar was on HMFC books or Kanus.

As soon as the meeting started he was on the defensive about most things and arogant.

Drylaw Hearts
Sorry but I dont buy that one, I was at the AGM and personally I think that RR was not informed about anything before going into the meeting and he tried to wing it.

As soon as the meeting started he was on the defensive about most things and arogant.

I also believe he tried to wing it.

And failed miserably.

I do not get it?

He never answered because what? whats the oldest trick in the book anyway? :confused:

I don't know what age you are but during the 70s and 80s when we used to go to union meetings the agenda was set behind closed doors. We had people like Red Robbo at British Leyland who despite 1000 being against him could run a meeting to his own agenda.

I also believe he tried to wing it.

And failed miserably.

FWIW that's the impression I get.

It looks like he has little or no idea about what's been happening at the club over the past year or so, due to his being sent elsewhere by his dad. He probably told Vlad this prior to the meeting, who in turn told him to wing it. Roman then tried to do this, ? la Vlad, but failed miserably.

I reckon he was as annoyed as anyone else with the situation, with his petulance being more down to the situation Vlad put him in than any questions posed by shareholders.

Its simply a continuation of the manner in which Romanov runs the club

Make bold statements and "promises"

Deliver nothing

Avoid or evade questions of substance about where we are going, why, etc

Provide packaged propaganda without the chance for it to be media / shareholder tested with questions

Use this propaganda as the basis for people to continue to "vote" for the Romanovs by buying a season ticket.

They follow quite obvious dictator type methods

portobellojambo1
Its simply a continuation of the manner in which Romanov runs the club

Make bold statements and "promises"

Deliver nothing

Avoid or evade questions of substance about where we are going, why, etc

Provide packaged propaganda without the chance for it to be media / shareholder tested with questions

Use this propaganda as the basis for people to continue to "vote" for the Romanovs by buying a season ticket.

They follow quite obvious dictator type methods

Would agree with this in general.

Would also suggest to people they should not assume that the version given by Fedotovas was correct, just because it said what they wanted to hear, in a manner they wanted to hear. Although Romanov's delivery was p i s s poor pathetic, the important aspects going forward, excluding those he totally refused to answer at all, may have been closer to the truth, e.g. in relation to a manager

whats the oldest trick in the book anyway? :confused:

Good question mate...

Something along the lines of "Political diversion" maybe?

:confused:

Good question mate...

Something along the lines of "Political diversion" maybe?

:confused:

Still not got a clue...bottom line though is he did not want to tell us where the cash has been spent.

I was not at the AGM and so i respect your opinion,but the first Quote Buffalo Bill came out with "who where the people at the front getting to ask all the questions" this is standard practice when you want to get your own way at a meeting.Let people ask questions that are not relevant to there agenda.

Proof of how you can get people to talk about what you want, is actually happining on jambo KB at the moment.

Does RR have a point 51 posts

Did RR pull of one of the oldest tricks in the book 13 posts

Now it may be that this is just a boring thread,fairs dos,

But the problem is, we as HMFC fans or the press are not talking about

1) ?3.7m Transfer Fees

2) ?2.5m rise in wages

3) Massive mismanagement of our financial resources

The above reasons are why i think it was worth RR making the stupid statements, i believe that Daddy will be very happy with his boy.

Guest JamboRobbo

You have a point mate.

We should focus on the issues at our club, and the solutions, and not be distracted by the stupidiy, incompetence, blame shifting, rudeness, lack of respect, poor dress sense, and general uselessness of Rodney.

So question is

2) He is just a plonker?

Ahh,the old vanishing trick,yup he did that.

Auld Reekin'

From what I've read about the AGM so far, I'd go for option 1. Even the apparent confusion over Bednar's status could have been diversionary in nature: i.e. act the daft laddie (with no real harm done because everyone hates you anyway but can't do anything to get rid of you), get everyone excited about stupid or inflammatory statement you make, and meanwhile the important - and tricky - questions go by the wayside...

However, I wasn't there, so this is only gut instinct fueled by my complete mistrust of the Romanovs.

At last year's AGM (I think, although it could've been two years ago), when faced with difficult questions about finances and murky deals done, Rodney came out with something along the lines of "if you lot don't stop asking such awkward and insulting questions, daddy and I might just pack our bags, head back to Kaunas, and leave you in the cack...". The Hibsman reported that, at this, "there were groans heard throughout the room".

Interesting to note that he didn't try this tactic this time around - he might just have been taken up on it! ;)

Still not got a clue...bottom line though is he did not want to tell us where the cash has been spent.

Exactly, and this is why the meeting was run the way it was.Cause total confusion and then run with your own agenda.

You have a point mate.

We should focus on the issues at our club, and the solutions, and not be distracted by the stupidiy, incompetence, blame shifting, rudeness, lack of respect, poor dress sense, and general uselessness of Rodney.

I could not have put it any better

RR was clearly out of his depth, out of the loop and was a man who did not want to be there. Funny that, as we did not want him to be there also. Did not excuse his aggrogance and contempt.

As for the ?3.4m question - I feel we need an answer on this. Even if it's to say they have spent on Pinalla's rehab, we have the right to know.

Drylaw Hearts
RR was clearly out of his depth, out of the loop and was a man who did not want to be there. Funny that, as we did not want him to be there also. Did not excuse his aggrogance and contempt.

As for the ?3.4m question - I feel we need an answer on this. Even if it's to say they have spent on Pinalla's rehab, we have the right to know.

Yes we do.

The shareholders should be issued an apology from the Club for the Chairmans behaviour at the AGM.

Exactly, and this is why the meeting was run the way it was.Cause total confusion and then run with your own agenda.

No I don't believe it was.

Basically all the agm's I have ever been too (over 20) have ended in some kind of farce one way or another.

The 102nd AGM will be remembered for all the wrong reason's - RR aggrogance and ignorance. But he is aggrogant and ignogrant the year before as well. Just really was the icing on a truly despairing season

Colonel Kurtz

If an Agm is allowed to deviate from the published agenda then a motion can be proposed from the floor.questioning the"integrity" of the meeting.

Denny Crane

No he didn't. He's intellectually bankrupt.

Would agree with this in general.

Would also suggest to people they should not assume that the version given by Fedotovas was correct, just because it said what they wanted to hear, in a manner they wanted to hear. Although Romanov's delivery was p i s s poor pathetic, the important aspects going forward, excluding those he totally refused to answer at all, may have been closer to the truth, e.g. in relation to a manager

precisely the point I have made elsewhere

who is more likely to convey the true inner thoughts of Vladimir Romanov

1. his son

2. an employee under Romanovs pay who is put in front of an inhouse camera with a script

And in any event why was it "auld acquaintance" of Romanov who was put before the camera and not our new figurehead - CO?

No I don't believe it was.

Basically all the agm's I have ever been too (over 20) have ended in some kind of farce one way or another.

The 102nd AGM will be remembered for all the wrong reason's - RR aggrogance and ignorance. But he is aggrogant and ignogrant the year before as well. Just really was the icing on a truly despairing season

Yes a lot of AGMs and meetings do end in farce i will grant you that. But this one was beyond a farce.

When someone from the floor asked about the ?3.7m transfers they got told thats confidential,next question please.

There was only one poster on KB that questioned the answer of confidentiality (The Legend) but we where to busy debating refs and corruption and that is what Vlad want us to debate.

Yes a lot of AGMs and meetings do end in farce i will grant you that. But this one was beyond a farce.

When someone from the floor asked about the ?3.7m transfers they got told thats confidential,next question please.

There was only one poster on KB that questioned the answer of confidentiality (The Legend) but we where to busy debating refs and corruption and that is what Vlad want us to debate.

Did they actually say this?

I couldn't hear the actual reply. I have emailed someone who i believe is trying to get an answer to this question and what the actual ?3.4m figure accounted too.

However I do not believe for a second that it was part of the plan to 'take our attention away' from the cruical issues surrounding the club.

IMHO it was just another spectular own goal by HMFC. One of the best since Bamber tried to clear his lines against the Pars many moons ago.

Did they actually say this?

I couldn't hear the actual reply. I have emailed someone who i believe is trying to get an answer to this question and what the actual ?3.4m figure accounted too.

However I do not believe for a second that it was part of the plan to 'take our attention away' from the cruical issues surrounding the club.

IMHO it was just another spectular own goal by HMFC. One of the best since Bamber tried to clear his lines against the Pars many moons ago.

Originally Posted by Dazo View Post

Cheers for the update Drylaw but the quoted chestnut caught my eye.

Where the hell did all the money stated in the accounts for player registrations(or words to that effect) go ?

He refused to answer.

I was at the AGM & my impression was that RR was simply very badly prepared. To suggest that he had a plan to divert attention from the real issues is, IMHO, giving him too much credit for planning & preparation. I've previously heard him become sarcastic & aggressive when criticised & he did so again. When put under pressure he tried to get the audience on his side by launching a rant against the mutual enemies of the Old Firm & the SFA.

On the transfer question, I thought that he said that none of it went to Kaunas & moved on without saying more but I also didn't hear clearly.

I very much doubt if he came into the meeting with any sort of plan, so I'll vote for option 2.

awadooningorgie2
I was at the AGM & my impression was that RR was simply very badly prepared. To suggest that he had a plan to divert attention from the real issues is, IMHO, giving him too much credit for planning & preparation. I've previously heard him become sarcastic & aggressive when criticised & he did so again. When put under pressure he tried to get the audience on his side by launching a rant against the mutual enemies of the Old Firm & the SFA.

On the transfer question, I thought that he said that none of it went to Kaunas & moved on without saying more but I also didn't hear clearly.

I very much doubt if he came into the meeting with any sort of plan, so I'll vote for option 2.

In a way that would give me great comfort if you are right. incompetence over......................................

That pretty much how I seen it too.

IIRC he said the money did not go to Kaunas but wouldn't be drawn any further on it due to "confidentiality".

It was a simple question to answer without going into details. What do they have to hide I wonder?

davemclaren
That pretty much how I seen it too.

IIRC he said the money did not go to Kaunas but wouldn't be drawn any further on it due to "confidentiality".

It was a simple question to answer without going into details. What do they have to hide I wonder?

He did say it was confidential. The item was 'costs of acquiring registrations' IIRC so If it was payments to players or agents ( for signing on fees ) then it is confidential probably.

However, he was evasive.

I don't know how many tricks there were involved in this daft farce but I also would love to know more about the legal responsibilities and protocol relating to AGMs and whether or not there's such a thing as confidential information when it comes to questions about the finances.

Surely among the thousands of members here, we must have someone who knows about this stuff?

davemclaren
I don't know how many tricks there were involved in this daft farce but I also would love to know more about the legal responsibilities and protocol relating to AGMs and whether or not there's such a thing as confidential information when it comes to questions about the finances.

Surely among the thousands of members here, we must have someone who knows about this stuff?

There are, though I'm not an expert on the exact rules. You can't expect to get an answer to questions around how much individual players get paid etc...

There are, though I'm not an expert on the exact rules. You can't expect to get an answer to questions around how much individual players get paid etc...

Ah righto. I just saw the post you made before me...

I suppose the additional benefit in having Roman at the meeting would be that it would give them plenty of scope for 'lost in translation' and 'question misunderstood' type excuses. Should the need arise, of course.

portobellojambo1

I agree that we will never be told the details of individual players earnings etc., dave, such things can all be tied up under an overall heading of remuneration/wages. In relation to registrations the only thought I have really had is are we talking about registrations in relation to players coming into Hearts, or does this money also include funds that have been used in relation to cancelling players registrations etc., pay offs, hush money, call it what you like, I am not sure if the amounts, and the players/people I am thinking of would have come under this balance sheet or not.

davemclaren
I agree that we will never be told the details of individual players earnings etc., dave, such things can all be tied up under an overall heading of remuneration/wages. In relation to registrations the only thought I have really had is are we talking about registrations in relation to players coming into Hearts, or does this money also include funds that have been used in relation to cancelling players registrations etc., pay offs, hush money, call it what you like, I am not sure if the amounts, and the players/people I am thinking of would have come under this balance sheet or not.

Could be. They would have to go somewhere on the balance sheet. There must be an accountant on here who could advise. ;)

buca junior

Or maybe he is still on Kaunas' books and they let it slip:eek:

portobellojambo1
Or maybe he is still on Kaunas' books and they let it slip:eek:

Roman Bednar signed for Hearts, as a full Hearts player, on 31 August 2006.

Roman Bednar signed for Hearts, as a full Hearts player, on 31 August 2006.

Quick question on Bednar.When he signed for Kaunus was he a free agent?

Could be. They would have to go somewhere on the balance sheet. There must be an accountant on here who could advise. ;)

I hope so.I started this thread because as a HMFC supporter i have very bad feelings about what is happening financially behind the scenes.

On a lighter note perhaps we could get our resident financial expert Coopercrutch to help us out.:evilno:

portobellojambo1
Quick question on Bednar.When he signed for Kaunus was he a free agent?

Not sure flecktimus, he was with Mlada Boleslav in The Czech Republic, signed for Kaunas, London Hearts website says in 2004, which I think is wrong, my understanding is he was recommended by Simon Hunt, moved to Kaunas in July 2005, immediately moving to Hearts on a 1 year loan deal. At the conclusion of that loan spell the deal was made permanent. Sure there were reports at the time of transfer fees involved in the move from Boleslav to Kaunas which would suggest he was not a free agent, but not sure.

Not sure flecktimus, he was with Mlada Boleslav in The Czech Republic, signed for Kaunas, London Hearts website says in 2004, which I think is wrong, my understanding is he was recommended by Simon Hunt, moved to Kaunas in July 2005, immediately moving to Hearts on a 1 year loan deal. At the conclusion of that loan spell the deal was made permanent. Sure there were reports at the time of transfer fees involved in the move from Boleslav to Kaunas which would suggest he was not a free agent, but not sure.

Thanks for the info.

Archived