Possible Date Switch For Gretna Game

Susie-Jambo-66

Jambo in Bathgate

Why do we have to move our games to suit Rangers. We aren't in the top six.:evilno: Just another SPL **** up.

Guest JamboRobbo

Shame for any fans that were thinking of going to the game.

Would be good to get a miserable season over asap though.

Guest JamboRobbo
On the plus side it would get this season over with a week early. ;)

a man after my own heart, always looking for the positive in any situation. ;)

Why do we have to move our games to suit Rangers. We aren't in the top six.:evilno: Just another SPL **** up.

cos Motherwell will need the park that day.

portobellojambo1
cos Motherwell will need the park that day.

That's the answer, one of the re-scheduled fixtures would be Motherwell v Rangers, which would be played on 17 May.

Bit of a bummer, I am not a big fan of going straight to away games from work, now have Falkirk on the Monday night and potentially a trip to Motherwell for the Gretna game on the Thursday night. I thought the game if played on the Saturday might attract a low crowd, I suspect if played on the Thursday the fans might get a stand each !!!

MackaysCentreSpot

Just when you think Scottish Football could not look even more silly they show us that is not the case.

willie wallace

Two away games in 4 days.What a way to end such a poor season.I was going to go to Gretna because i am panicking that we would break the crowd record[please reassure me this won't happen] but the thought of a third night match at Motherwell does not hold much appeal.Come on Fiorentina.

It's a farce to let Rangers have this sort of advantage but I would be glad to see the back of this season.

I was looking forward to a few beers in Motherwell on Match day.

On the bright side - does that mean we get to see the FA cup final?

You're panicking over Nothing...There is NO chance the S C U M from the West will beat Fiorientina,SO, the extended season and therefor the game date switch will not Happen!!

End Of!!! ;)

portobellojambo1
I was looking forward to a few beers in Motherwell on Match day.

On the bright side - does that mean we get to see the FA cup final?

If you possess a television then that option becomes available to you, assuming this re-scheduling goes ahead

I have a gut feeling Rangers will make the cup final.

Why should the SPL be extended for them?

I mean Celtic made the Uefa Cup final and never moaned about extra games or extending the season they just went on with it.

This is another shambles to the SPL, because theyre godsons amay make a cup final so everyone else has to switch theyre games?

SFA GTF

Nelly Terraces

Just end this ****g season NOW and get it over with. Can we not just scrap our last remaining games and put us all out our misery?

Roll on summer ya bass.

If you possess a television then that option becomes available to you, assuming this re-scheduling goes ahead

I do indeed - 5 at the last count.

Just end this ****g season NOW and get it over with. Can we not just scrap our last remaining games and put us all out our misery?

Roll on summer ya bass.

Yip.

Euro 2008.

Looking forward to it.

Am I missing something or could we not at least be given the option of switching the game to Tynecastle that day, or even Sunday if it clashes with the Hobos ?

Another thought, would the short Thu-Sat gap not be deemed unacceptable under normal circumstances ?

Why can't our game at Gretna stay on its original date but be moved to Livi, since Gretna have already played home games there this season & the SFL is finished by then? A Saturday game at Livi would at least attract a crowd.

Hearts Heritage

3 of us are booked up on the Friday night train on the 16th!

Shaking with rage!

the general

disappointed if it works out that way as was looking for a good day out with the guys from the bus,off on holiday soon so will miss all the remaining games if dates change

This season for all teams has been a total disjointed mess.

Would it ever be possible for the SPL to have a) teams play at home one week,away the next B) all teams play an even number of home and away games c) each round of matches played on the same "match weekend",Saturday,Sunday and Monday (as Monday is the tv night)? I know it may strike the blazers as revolutionary but it just may give some sense of continuity for the fans :)

truejambo81

C'mon Fiorentina. Get these blue lot humped out and we can finish the league properly.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Would prefer it if they make the final.

Like a home game for the last game.

Bit bummed as fancied going to wave bye to Gretna, but prefer a home game to end the season.:)

So how is it alright to ask Hearts to play Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Why was Walters Weary Troups not asked to do the same. Why do we always have to accomodate the forces of darkness. Makes me sick!

:evilno:

Guest S.U.S.S.

A whole host of things have contributed to a fixture backlog, the thing not tobe forgotten in hatred is they are going for a Euro trophy.

Something we are so far away from its not true.

As distasteful as it is, the SPL and or SFA should do what they can to help.

So how is it alright to ask Hearts to play Monday, Thursday and Saturday. Why was Walters Weary Troups not asked to do the same. Why do we always have to accomodate the forces of darkness. Makes me sick!

thats what really gets on my tits

as much as i want this season to be over and done with i don't mind if other games drag on, they mean little or nothing to us, but the fact its ok for der hun to postpone matches willy nilly, then ask us to play 3 games in 6 days, (killie on thurs & gretna on sat ?) is simply unfair. the bigot brothers wouldn't do it, so why should any other team have to?

The thing that annoys me about this is that the huns still arent happy and want the games spread out further. They seem to forget that they are partly to blame for the pile up of fixtures. If they hadnt requested to pospone their game against gretna, along with the fact that they couldnt dispose of partick thistle or the hobos first time round, then they would be in this predicament.

Would the league have been rescheduled if Hearts had been in the same situation? I doubt it.

JamboRossi79

That's quite easy one club runs all of Scottish football. Rankgers say jump and the rest say how fecking high.

A total disgrace.

I blame Motherwell for this shambles.....just for the hell of it!

Like other posters have intimated,I wouldn't go changing any plans.Those wily Italians will sort this little mess out.At least I hope so,i'm going to the final!:)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
A whole host of things have contributed to a fixture backlog, the thing not tobe forgotten in hatred is they are going for a Euro trophy.

At the expense of other clubs? No they shouldn't.

If I was 'Sellick minded' (:sad:) I would be raging at this latest move.

Imeantasong
Two away games in 4 days.What a way to end such a poor season.I was going to go to Gretna because i am panicking that we would break the crowd record[please reassure me this won't happen] but the thought of a third night match at Motherwell does not hold much appeal.Come on Fiorentina.

Was thinking that too.

And it would be one thrown in our faces forever.

Like a cup runner-up, over time no-one would remember the details, just we held the record.

Might be Gretna's last game in the league (or ever). Might draw a few because of that.

It is serious though. Bottom six and two midweek fixtures (away for us) with nowt at stake. Even we couldn't market that? Kids, unemployed will need to get in free or something.

Provided we apply the same guidelines should any other teams be in a similar jam then I'm fine with it. I doubt we are likely to be involved on several fronts in the near future though, however just wait till the likes of ourselves or Killie are struck with a flu virus .............if we have the bare 11 walking wounded I have no doubt we'll be forced to play :mad:

Was thinking that too.

And it would be one thrown in our faces forever.

Like a cup runner-up, over time no-one would remember the details, just we held the record.

Might be Gretna's last game in the league (or ever). Might draw a few because of that.

It is serious though. Bottom six and two midweek fixtures (away for us) with nowt at stake. Even we couldn't market that? Kids, unemployed will need to get in free or something.

Again I say, switch the game to Tynecastle............or even Raydale. I cant see Gretna demanding 'home rights' at Fir park and if the SPL find any reason to block said request then surely any trace of common sense has gone out the game :mad:

Guest S.U.S.S.
At the expense of other clubs? No they shouldn't.

If I was 'Sellick minded' (:sad:) I would be raging at this latest move.

Games are moved all the time. Remember Scotland has the chance to have a european trophy here.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Provided we apply the same guidelines should any other teams be in a similar jam then I'm fine with it. I doubt we are likely to be involved on several fronts in the near future though, however just wait till the likes of ourselves or Killie are struck with a flu virus .............if we have the bare 11 walking wounded I have no doubt we'll be forced to play :mad:

Agreed, should another team achieve the same next year i would hope we would move games if required to accomodate.

Games are moved all the time. Remember Scotland has the chance to have a european trophy here.

tell me you are at the wind-up mate

1 EUFA cup is nothing more than a european consolation cup (a fun cup)

2 Nobody gives a toss about it, Bolton played a reserve team in Lisbon

3 Rangers shat themselves to play Gretna before a euro tie

4 No football fan i know wants Rangers to win in europe against any team

If the Hearts game has to be moved .play it at Livi on the original day.

Livi strangely was good enough for Celtic to play at so why not Hearts

The only thing that is bothering me about that is we'd then have 3 games in 6 days. Isn't that the problem with Rangers, what- the SPL think Gretna v Hearts isn't as important as some Rangers game against anItalian side who have probably already booked their tickets for Manchester.

That wouldn't be fair on Hearts, we've failed this season, why kick a lion when it's down?

portobellojambo1
Again I say, switch the game to Tynecastle............or even Raydale. I cant see Gretna demanding 'home rights' at Fir park and if the SPL find any reason to block said request then surely any trace of common sense has gone out the game :mad:

Based on the attendance that I suspect will be there I think this game could have been played quite comfortably at their home stadium in Gretna on the Saturday.

Capacity is 2,200 as far as I can tell, even if we took down 1,000 fans (which is maybe a high estimate, but with it being the last game of the season, and a decent day trip it is possible) the attendance would be well within that capacity.

chester copperpot
Based on the attendance that I suspect will be there I think this game could have been played quite comfortably at their home stadium in Gretna on the Saturday.

Capacity is 2,200 as far as I can tell, even if we took down 1,000 fans (which is maybe a high estimate, but with it being the last game of the season, and a decent day trip it is possible) the attendance would be well within that capacity.

You just want a day on the pop (as do I ;)).

Actually thats a great idea.

portobellojambo1
You just want a day on the pop (as do I ;)).

Actually thats a great idea.

I certainly wouldn't complain about an early start, and a wee trip down to Dumfries-shire.

Lets face it Andy, if anyone were given the option of where they would like to go for a day out to bring in the end of another football season, whether it had been a good season or bad, I don't think there would be an awful lot of votes for Motherwell as first choice destination, not that I have anything against Motherwell, when we do go through there we get looked after very well in our chosen watering hole.

In principle the Saturday match at Raydale ought to be looked at IMO. The club may go down the tube at 16:46 anyway so why not relax the rules for once :)

To be honest though, on that basis it may be a mildy historic and perhaps therefore a tempting day out for more fans than the place holds. That would bring us back, quite litteraly, to Tynecastle of course ;)

People say its a meaningless game for Hearts, but 3 games in 6 days is definitely not going to help us finish 7th, and remember that every league placing has a prize attached to it in financial terms. We are at a distinct disadvantage. Especially considering, as others have mentioned, they could switch it to Livingston, probably get a bigger crowd, and play it on a better day for the fans who are going to have to fork out a fortune in the space of a week. Common sense will never prevail though.

Playing at Livi on the originally scheduled day is the obvious solution. I have a suspicion that the SPL are using the possible extension to the season to help Rangers to also shorten Gretna's season in order to be sure that they complete it.

Archived