Timely message for Gowser

wibble

Ryan McGowan, you would do very well to think carefully about the year ahead. Last year you stood out as a huge prospect. A player who has the talent and character to be a very accomplished footballer indeed.

There have been dozens like you over the years who have impressed in their first full year and probably only 4 or 5 who have actually fulfilled the potential and moved on to much greater things.

Your performances last year were a bonus, the crowd loved you. This year the crowd will have expectations of you and will get on your back if you don't deliver consistently. Be prepared for a little less hero worship and a lot more hard graft. Hearts fans can be a right bunch of pricks when you turn in a solitary bad game. Don't let the dafties get to you.

Stay focused on improving, work on consistency and ignore any negative feedback. Prove my theory wrong, but the year after a stellar year is often the toughest of your career. Good luck.

Do you know something? I really think McGowan appears to be the least likely 'prospect' to let things get to him or get carried away with the hype. He comes across as someone who just loves to play football and doesnt take things too seriously at all.

Gregory House M.D.

This myth that hearts fans get on players backs after 1 bad game is fabricated nonsense.

This myth that hearts fans get on players backs after 1 bad game is fabricated nonsense.

This is true, sometimes aw takes is a bad haircut from years ago, a funny running style or that you came from some club that no ones heard of.

Chaka Demus & pliers

I hate threads like this.

I've got something I'd like to say to Barack Obama. I know what I'll do, I'll post it on KB. He'll definitely see it there.

Normally followed by some unwanted 'advice' from someone who's actually just craving some attention

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

This is true, sometimes aw takes is a bad haircut from years ago, a funny running style or that you came from some club that no ones heard of.

Sometimes it can take one drunken night out after a league cup defeat that was entirely made up by someone on Kickback.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It really isn't Kyle... I sit beside some folk (older guys) who have decided who is getting it tight before the game even kicks off. I have seen this abuse directed at young guys frequently, sometimes they do not even have to have one bad game. :ermm:

Buffalo Bill

Dear Mr Lennon.

I think you should've had better security.

Love to Yoko.

Buffalo Bill

Gregory House M.D.

It really isn't Kyle... I sit beside some folk (older guys) who have decided who is getting it tight before the game even kicks off. I have seen this abuse directed at young guys frequently, sometimes they do not even have to have one bad game. :ermm:

I've never came across this where I sit. There are folk who used to slag Obua even when he was having a good game but if you spit at the fans you're always going to get it tight from that day onward.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I've never came across this where I sit. There are folk who used to slag Obua even when he was having a good game but if you spit at the fans you're always going to get it tight from that day onward.

It's maybe just a product of where I sit... Obua was a favourite of theirs too actually. This season I predict it will be; Taouil, Robinson, Prychnenko and Sutton.

Depends on the player.

It only took around 2 touches of the ball for Beniusis rather than a full game.

haha your at it again eh

Gregory House M.D.

haha your at it again eh

Which part? Obuas first or second game at home he spat at fans in Section T lower when coming off the pitch. Thought this was common knowledge TBH.

You'll always get a few grumbles when someone is having a bad game, it's the nature of the beast but don't believe that Hearts fans are the only fans that do it, every club is exactly the same so folk shouldn't judge all Hearts fans and collectively call them names.

Gregory House M.D.

You'll always get a few grumbles when someone is having a bad game, it's the nature of the beast but don't believe that Hearts fans are the only fans that do it, every club is exactly the same so folk shouldn't judge all Hearts fans and collectively call them names.

Exactly. I've never heard the fans getting on anyones back for one bad game outwith that bad game.

Gary Glen and Calum Elliot were hounded from their first good game though. Forgot about them.

I genuinely believe some people go to games for the sole purpose of having a moan. Even when we're winning or having a good game they will still find it within themselves to pick out all the negatives. It's a shame cos these muppets tend to shout the loudest and that might give the impression that there are more of them than there are. I doubt this is a phenomena unique to Hearts though.

The reason Obua got so much stick was because he was a lazy git and he contributed very little in any games he played. We could've had two far better players willing to work hard and get stuck in for what he got paid. The fact that he spat towards the Hearts fans didn't help his cause either.

Gary Glen and Calum Elliot were hounded from their first good game though. Forgot about them.

I don't think that's true at all.

When Elliot started playing in the first team alongside Janny, most people were positive. He was only playing because Bednar was injured but he looked not bad and scored a few goals. His comedy miss against Hibs didn't help but it wasn't until after his first season that people started to get onto his back.

When Gary Glen first came into the first team, we'd finished in the bottom 6 and the run in was 5 pointless and dull games. He came into the team when we were desperate for a striker and he scored a couple of goals and played quite well. The fans had been clamoring for him to be drafted into the first team for ages and he did a good job. It wasn't until later that he stalled as a player, missed a few chances and looked out of his depth.

Same with even Nade. Nade looked like a superb signing for his first 10 games or so. He scored a few goals and looked strong and quick. It's a shame how badly that ended up. :lol:

The one who I thought used to get a lot of abuse from the start was Obua. He arrived amid loads of his boasts about how he was creative and was a dead ball expert. He then proceeded to turn in one of the worst performances I've ever seen from a Hearts player in the home league cup games v Airdrie where he hit about 4 free-kicks miles over the bar and a terrible penalty which the goalie easily saved. He got off to a nightmare start with his slow, languid style and he was never popular with the fans until his goal v Hibs.

Which part? Obuas first or second game at home he spat at fans in Section T lower when coming off the pitch. Thought this was common knowledge TBH.

aye the part where he just gobbed at them, like he hadnt been provoked into doing it. Obua just gobbed at them and ever since they gave him pelters.

I know you dont actually say any of this but you left enough of it out of your post to allude to Obua doin this just cos.

Gregory House M.D.

aye the part where he just gobbed at them, like he hadnt been provoked into doing it. Obua just gobbed at them and ever since they gave him pelters.

I know you dont actually say any of this but you left enough of it out of your post to allude to Obua doin this just cos.

Nah the folk he spat at were hanging over the railings howling abuse at him then Obua turned around and started arguing back and spat at them like subhuman pondlife. He got abuse before that but that just made it even harder to like him.

Obua was never popular amongst Hearts fans until he punched Mulgrew in the back of the head and was used for the counter of "We are all Neil Lennon".

Nah the folk he spat at were hanging over the railings howling abuse at him then Obua turned around and started arguing back and spat at them like subhuman pondlife. He got abuse before that but that just made it even harder to like him.

Obua was never popular amongst Hearts fans until he punched Mulgrew in the back of the head and was used for the counter of "We are all Neil Lennon".

Really? he gobbed in the direction of couple of ***** who probably deserve gettin gobbed on and he's sub human pondlife. Come on lad, are ye that weak of constituion that a boy gobbing results in such indignation

Gregory House M.D.

Really? he gobbed in the direction of couple of ***** who probably deserve gettin gobbed on and he's sub human pondlife. Come on lad, are ye that weak of constituion that a boy gobbing results in such indignation

Nobody deserves to be spat on even if they are howling abuse at him. I'd have respected him far more if he'd just punched the *****. Spitting on folk is just cowardly though and absolutely vile.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Exactly. I've never heard the fans getting on anyones back for one bad game outwith that bad game.

Glen was given loads of encouragement and Elliot never really got abuse until he fecked up his Motherwell loan.

Honestly Kyle, you will have to use my ticket one day and sit where I do, you will see players getting slaughtered before they even do the warm up... And then booed the next week for a misplaced pass or shot the week before.

Taouil gets screamed at just before he goes to receive a pass and then hounded to **** for the entire game. I moved seats to sit with my step-dad for Beattie's home game versus the Huns and he was getting absolute pelters from kick-off, one guy a few seats forward from where I was, sat on his phone the whole game and just looked up now and again to scream abuse at someone... It is mental. :lol:

Nobody deserves to be spat on even if they are howling abuse at him. I'd have respected him far more if he'd just punched the *****. Spitting on folk is just cowardly though and absolutely vile.

Some folk do deserve getting gobbed on. This is a fact of life. When a punch just wont do, and you want to get accross how disgusting they are, gob on them

duckandcover

Are you saying that Obua spat at Hearts fans? :blink:

Gregory House M.D.

Are you saying that Obua spat at Hearts fans? :blink:

That's exactly what I'm saying... :blink:

Jambo Forever

Going back to the original post, I have to agree. He seems like the kind of lad who could let it all go to his head. I hope not though. Numerous people on here have commented how he conducts himself while out.

If you also look at the ammount of people who have a straw firmly up his erkie on Twitter, its hard for the lad not to get carried away.

Going back to the original post, I have to agree. He seems like the kind of lad who could let it all go to his head. I hope not though. Numerous people on here have commented how he conducts himself while out.

If you also look at the ammount of people who have a straw firmly up his erkie on Twitter, its hard for the lad not to get carried away.

he looks exactly the opposite of a lad who is likely to let it go to his head

Gregory House M.D.

What is this pish about the way gowser acts when he's out? Unless he's shiting in plantpots, touching up strippers and taking drugs I really couldn't care.

If folk are looking to footballers as role models then society really is messed.

mahgrassyshoes

What is this pish about the way gowser acts when he's out? Unless he's shiting in plantpots, touching up strippers and taking drugs I really couldn't care.

If folk are looking to footballers as role models then society really is messed.

Don't forget pishing in charity shop doorways!

Gregory House M.D.

Don't forget pishing in charity shop doorways!

Aye and that. :D

1343043939[/url]' post='3056536']

What are you basing that bollox on? I would have him down as the complete opposite.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Bunter - liar. Absolute nap he spat on the ground and Bunter has exaggerated that to make it sound like he spat at a hearts fan. If he did he would never have played another game for us.

On topic, Gowser isn't a daft 16 year old laddie. He's had seasons in the lower divisions and he made a choice to move half way across the world when he was very young. He's probably got the best attitude at Hearts.

What a load of bullshit. Gowser doesn't behave himself off the pitch because someone on Kickback says so?

Ok then.

Regal Kingston

It's like telling you're telling him off for something he hasn't done yet!

Timely?

I think when people are booed they usually deserve it.

Some players were paid a lot of money and didn't deliver.

Hamill and Obua were awful last year and deserved the vitriol.

Dear Diana,

You may want to hoof it home tonight love.

Regards

Regal.

Gregory House M.D.

Bunter - liar. Absolute nap he spat on the ground and Bunter has exaggerated that to make it sound like he spat at a hearts fan. If he did he would never have played another game for us.

On topic, Gowser isn't a daft 16 year old laddie. He's had seasons in the lower divisions and he made a choice to move half way across the world when he was very young. He's probably got the best attitude at Hearts.

http://heartsfcnews.blogspot.co.uk/2008/12/obua-not-fit-for-purpose.html?m=1

It'd appear I'm not the only one who saw it.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Is that your blog?

I sat in T2 that season and can't recall this at all. Probably because it never happened.

If a Hearts player spat at a Hearts supporter, do you really think this wouldn't get back to the club and Obua would have been emptied? Come on now.

Unfortunately it's not a lie. It happened next to where i was sitting and watched the whole incident. We were playin Dundee Utd at Tynie, it was approaching half-time, Obua missed a sitter (it would've been easier to score) and the ball ended up going out for a corner. While the players were waiting for the corner to come in (Roseburn stand where the Wheatfield meets it), a couple of the fans screamed at him just a few rows in front of me, nothing racist as some have made up on here, "FFS, how did ye miss that?!" Obua stared at them, started mumbling something aggressively towards them, the corner came to nothing, the ref blew the whistle for halftime with all the players heading for the tunnel, Obua was confronting whoever it was that shouted at him, walking backwards still shouting verbals and spat the biggest greaser towards the Hearts support, most of the folk that witnessed it stood up and got tore in about him for his actions, he gave the "up yours" gesture towards the whole part of that stand.

Back on topic, Gowser comes across as being delighted to stay here, didn't he ask for a contract extension recently? He seems quite down to earth, a feet firmly on the ground type. He also hates Hibs, loves Hearts so that's good enough for me.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye that's the one. Feck knows where I got T2 from though :blink: I might've been geyting mixed up with the Mikey Stewart incident.

Johanes de Silentio

Nope - don't see this at all.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of a Hearts player with a better attitude than Gowser - I doubt there is one.

If Dylan has a similar attitude, then we're onto another goodun, imo.

Gregory House M.D.

Nope - don't see this at all.

In fact, I'm struggling to think of a Hearts player with a better attitude than Gowser - I doubt there is one.

If Dylan has a similar attitude, then we're onto another goodun, imo.

Exactly Gowser fights til the last. There's no danger the Hearts fans will get on his back when he gives as much as he does to the cause. His wee brother seems to have the same attitude and so does Jason Holt.

Gregory House M.D.
24hrs away from the biggest derby in memory. Best of luck 2 the boys! R.Mcgowan first goal scorer,D.Templeton with the other 5 FTH 4:34pm - 18 May 12

Dylan McGowan DylanMcGowan91

:yas:

Timely message for Kylie Minogue:

I'm away to hing upside doon fi a trapeze wearin heehaw but a balaclava, best be here within the hour or I'll likely pass oot. PS, I'm low on lube, pick some up on yer way ower, hen. We're awright for courgettes though.

Hope she reads it.

rudi must stay

why wouldn't he read the OP's message, he's on twitter often enough. The guy just needs to keep his feet on the ground, but with all those caps for Australia and advice from a few of our more experienced squad members i'm sure he'll do that :thumbsup:

The Great Khali

To be fair, the legend that is Robbo has been sneaking about on here for long enough so it wouldn't surprise me if few players are hanging about.

On topic, I'm confused as to what Gowser has done to deserve this "timely reminder"?

Archived