What if there were buyers?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Would you remove Romanov if a creditable buyer made himself known?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you remove Romanov if a creditable buyer made himself known?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Just read on another post that there are people with a minor interest in another British club who may be interested in buying Hearts but Romanov has no intention of selling.

No idea if that's true or not, but let's say, theoretically, it was. If a creditable, potential buyer made themselves known and told us of their frustration at Romanov's refusal to deal, would you like Romanov to go?

In short, would you attempt to remove him through vocal protest if such a person existed?

Horatio Caine

Can't really answer that EH - we would have to know what we were getting in exchange. Frying pan/fire etc?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Can't really answer that EH - we would have to know what we were getting in exchange. Frying pan/fire etc?

I don't think it would ever be possible to know. Just have to go with your gut.

The reason I ask is because; a)- I don't think anybody feels Vlad is doing a good job anymore, the only reason people give for keeping him is an understandable fear of what would happen next and, B)- It might be nice for any potential buyer to know that the fans would do anything possible to help them oust Vlad.

Either way, we take a huge chance I guess.

I don't think it would ever be possible to know. Just have to go with your gut.

The reason I ask is because; a)- I don't think anybody feels Vlad is doing a good job anymore, the only reason people give for keeping him is an understandable fear of what would happen next and, B)- It might be nice for any potential buyer to know that the fans would do anything possible to help them oust Vlad.

Either way, we take a huge chance I guess.

That's exactly what everyone did with Vlad - George Foulkes now gets pelters because of it.

jack D and coke

Absolutely 100% yes. If any credible potential owner made it known then we should do all we can to rid ourselves of these clowns.

We've already jumped from the frying pan into the inferno with these jokers.

I can't wait for the day the get run out of town.

Jambof3tornado
Absolutely 100% yes. If any credible potential owner made it known then we should do all we can to rid ourselves of these clowns.

We've already jumped from the frying pan into the inferno with these jokers.

I can't wait for the day the get run out of town.

Was Vlad not one of these when he arrived??

Very dodgy ground to try and oust Vlad and replace him with another so called saviour. Only a well run fan buy out would guarentee a better owner than we have now and that just wont happen

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Was Vlad not one of these when he arrived??

Very dodgy ground to try and oust Vlad and replace him with another so called saviour. Only a well run fan buy out would guarentee a better owner than we have now and that just wont happen

Nobody can guarantee a better owner. But surely we can reason that it couldn't be much worse?

Jambof3tornado
Nobody can guarantee a better owner. But surely we can reason that it couldn't be much worse?

Couldnt be much worse but could still be worse. I am losing faith rapidly in Vlad but he hasnt pushed me far enough yet to jump ship and start protesting for him to sell up. I still believe that he fully intends to get the new stand built but wants to reduce running costs for now as he has witnessed 3rd place challenges from the arabs,well etc on a much lower budget than we have. To demand a change in owner now could harm us more than keeping the faith for 1 more year.

That's exactly what everyone did with Vlad - George Foulkes now gets pelters because of it.

I only hear Foulkes getting pelters from a tiny - and growing ever tinier - faction of people for whom Romanov can do little or no wrong.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Could anyone have believed three years ago that the Romanov tenure could have started so well, Burley, 8 in a row, record crowds, humilation of Hibs, Scottish Cup, Champions league?

No one would have believed how it has all went wrong: Sacking of manager whilst top of the league, subsequent managerial conveyor belt of yes-men/incompetents, Soviet era training methods, sub - standard signings, players revolt, players picked for reasons of nationality, better players left on the sidelines, team listed via fax from the owner, pre-ordained substitutions, black boxes, magic wands, monkey statements, selling the top striker for relatively little just as a push for top 6 begins, embarassment and humiliation of the club, disgraceful behaviour at the AGM, ?36m worth of debt with all the best players sold off, a statement on Jan 1st that still awaits a result, not finishing in top six...etc etc.

No one could have foreseen all this back in 2005 when this white knight rode in.

Another interested party? You bet.

But I want a real close look at them first.

I don't see why any credible party would be interested in buying Hearts. It would depend on the strength of the proposed takeover but I wouldn't rule myself out supporting it.

Has there been a discussion on Hearts fan buying out Vlad and what was the outcome.

I don't know how to create a poll on this board so maybe someone else could do it .

Lets say the worst is about to happen and tynecastle is about to be sold and the club disbanded with no knight in shinning Armour to save it .

How much money would you be willing to put up to save Tynecasle and Hearts.

Poll options.

?50-?100

?100 - ?500

?500-?1000

?1000-?2000

?2000-?3000

?3000-?4000

?4000-?5000

More please stat amount .

I know this would not represent all Hearts fans but this is the biggest Hearts dedicated forum.

Plus if this poll works but there is noway near enough money to buy out Vlad then maybe another money man could make up the deference instead of finding the whole lot. Hope this makes . :confused:

Has there been a discussion on Hearts fan buying out Vlad and what was the outcome.

I don't know how to create a poll on this board so maybe someone else could do it .

:

Click on 'new thread' then under 'Additional Options' tick the 'post a poll with this thread' box.

ToadKiller Dog
I don't see why any credible party would be interested in buying Hearts. It would depend on the strength of the proposed takeover but I wouldn't rule myself out supporting it.

Would agree with that ,could not see a credible group saying ok lets do it after a quick look at the books,Sadly the only real choice at the moment is to hope as trust is impossible that Romanov sticks to the main points of building the stand ,reducing the debt with his share issue,letting who ever he employs get on with it ,until he has done that we wont see any real credible interest in buying the club.

It would have too be a well over the odds price for romanov to sell i think.then they would have to deal with supporting or clearing the debt .

If a credible person or group did come forward and were more open and honest about their plans they would likely get my support.

Not sure if romanov would respond to protest think he would dig his heels in,and would have the power/wealth in the short/long term to appease most of the support anyway.

I dont think Romanov is a bad guy out to fleece us all just pigheaded and difficult to persuade when he is wrong.His son is something else.

Hans von Luck

As I have pointed out on a few occasions I think we will be following F.C Heart of Midlothian in a few years. :(

bilston angel

After reading about the AGM I believe we're now in a perilous position. I am extremely worried about Vlad's motives and intentions for this club by his actions in recent months, eg the sale of our better players, and the non appointment of a team manager as promised.

I don't want to sound alarmist but I think we could be in the market for a new owner, however I have yet to figure out how Vlad can extricate himself from this mess without losing money, perhaps some of our financial geniuses on the the board can tell me how?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
No surprise by one off the "no" voters,a ****** if ever there was one.

THE MAN

I'm almost 100% certain now that he is Hobo Agent Provocateur.

No one could deliberately spout the pro-Vlad rot he does without an ulterior motive...

After reading about the AGM I believe we're now in a perilous position. I am extremely worried about Vlad's motives and intentions for this club by his actions in recent months, eg the sale of our better players, and the non appointment of a team manager as promised.

I don't want to sound alarmist but I think we could be in the market for a new owner, however I have yet to figure out how Vlad can extricate himself from this mess without losing money, perhaps some of our financial geniuses on the the board can tell me how?

I don't believe for a minute VR will sell up anytime soon. Hope I am wrong but cannot see it.

Hearts have a short term cash problem and in order to meet certain forthcoming obligations (stand) then a player sale or 2 is required. I am hopeful this will be Bednar and not Kingston but I fear the worse.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I don't believe for a minute VR will sell up anytime soon. Hope I am wrong but cannot see it.

Hearts have a short term cash problem and in order to meet certain forthcoming obligations (stand) then a player sale or 2 is required. I am hopeful this will be Bednar and not Kingston but I fear the worse.

Christ, I can't believe it, even YOU now...

The Old Tolbooth

If some other sugar daddy came along and said they were interested in buying Hearts, then the fans should unite and force the git out. (as long as its not Pat the plumber)

The only reason most of us are having to stomach the mad man just now is because there is no other show in town, the dictator is all we have at the moment, sadly!

Charlie-Brown

What exactly is the question? Surely it would only be the buyer & seller who could determine in any deal was attractive enough for both to accept?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So far anybody wary has stated worry over what an unknown quantity may bring or reiterated Vlad's reluctance to sell. Is there anybody left who thinks he is actually doing anything right?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
What exactly is the question? Surely it would only be the buyer & seller who could determine in any deal was attractive enough for both to accept?

If an interested buyer approached Vlad and Vlad didn't even listen to the proposal that interested party might be more likely to become involved and even attempt to force the issue if over 85% of the fans supported him.

Charlie-Brown
If an interested buyer approached Vlad and Vlad didn't even listen to the proposal that interested party might be more likely to become involved and even attempt to force the issue if over 85% of the fans supported him.

Was it the amount of VR's cash or fan pressure that made up Robinson's mind? Fan pressure always seemed totally ineffective - in reality it's money that talks.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
So far anybody wary has stated worry over what an unknown quantity may bring or reiterated Vlad's reluctance to sell. Is there anybody left who thinks he is actually doing anything right?

These fears are normal because we have truly been bitten once by the White Knight Syndrome.

It would be hard to imagine anybody worse than Romanov, but I suppose there is always the possibility.

Regardless of who it is, if they wanted in, and Vlad was willing to sell, what could the fans really do about it?

All I know is, I want Romanov out. Even if it means starting all over again. That is how desperate I feel the whole sorry situation is.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Was it the amount of VR's cash or fan pressure that made up Robinson's mind? Fan pressure always seemed totally ineffective - in reality it's money that talks.

Fan pressure will always oust a chairman eventually. It's just that up to now there hasn't been any.

Charlie-Brown
Fan pressure will always oust a chairman eventually. It's just that up to now there hasn't been any.

That's crap - Robinson endured 2 years of protests & even physical assault yet was hell bent on following his chosen course of action - it was only the very late intervention of VR with a suitable amount of money that changed the circumstances.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
These fears are normal because we have truly been bitten once by the White Knight Syndrome.

It would be hard to imagine anybody worse than Romanov, but I suppose there is always the possibility.

Regardless of who it is, if they wanted in, and Vlad was willing to sell, what could the fans really do about it?

All I know is, I want Romanov out. Even if it means starting all over again. That is how desperate I feel the whole sorry situation is.

Too true. I think what I'm trying to do (in my own tiny, insignificant way) is let the world know that if there is somebody or a group of people out there who are interested in Hearts then the supporters will do everything possible to make it happen.

If somebody exclaimed tomorrow "I want to buy Hearts, I am serious, I have the money, but Romanov won't listen never mind sell" I would like to think that there would be an explosion of vocal protests, non-renewal of season tickets and boycotts. It's pie in the sky, naturally, but if you can't dream...

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Difficult.

But if connection can be made between drastically reduced season ticket sales due to disenchantment, if someone coming in can ask the fans realistically what they want and see that even in the most basic desire, a competent management framework, the Romanov's refuse this, then yes, a supportive fanbase can assist.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Too true. I think what I'm trying to do (in my own tiny, insignificant way) is let the world know that if there is somebody or a group of people out there who are interested in Hearts then the supporters will do everything possible to make it happen.

If somebody exclaimed tomorrow "I want to buy Hearts, I am serious, I have the money, but Romanov won't listen never mind sell" I would like to think that there would be an explosion of vocal protests, non-renewal of season tickets and boycotts. It's pie in the sky, naturally, but if you can't dream...[/QUOTE]

That is highly likely this time because if there was a viable, realistic alternative, I think Hearts supporters would definitley come out of their shells.

They know it may be the last chance saloon.

Nucky Thompson
No surprise by one off the "no" voters,a Vladgimp if ever there was one.

THE MAN

Now, now:) we all know it's against the rules to bring another poster into a thread he hasn't posted on and call him a gimp as well:)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Now, now:) we all know it's against the rules to bring another poster into a thread he hasn't posted on and call him a gimp as well:)

Grass.

Nucky Thompson
I'm almost 100% certain now that he is Hobo Agent Provocateur.

No one could deliberately spout the pro-Vlad rot he does without an ulterior motive...

FFS :4_1_72:

Charlie-Brown

Every Hearts Chairman / Owner in my lifetime has ended their reign at the club being bought out by new owners and being (at the time) unpopular & protested against by fans - Parker, Mercer, Robinson....etc etc. - all you're suggesting is a repeat of recent history - fans wanting the existing owner out & pinning their hopes on the new guy.

Nelly Terraces

HMFC will be administration in under 5 years time I reckon. Sad to say it, but I think the darkest hour is yet to arrive.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
HMFC will be administration in under 5 years time I reckon. Sad to say it, but I think the darkest hour is yet to arrive.

With ?38m worth of debt, a main stand to be demolished and crowds of about 11,000 like Saturday there's no way we've seen the worst of this yet.

With ?38m worth of debt, a main stand to be demolished and crowds of about 11,000 like Saturday there's no way we've seen the worst of this yet.

Unless Romanov still has the desire and the ability to do things properly (the "one more season to get it right" scenario) - which I don't think he does - or there is another show in town, then I think we're looking at Stronzo & Son taking a last strop and flouncing out of the Scottish game sooner than later, blaming the SFA, traitors and referees (not to mention the "ungrateful" fans) and possibly taking a bath on some of their investment.

I think meltdown is close - closer than Nelly's five years. A lot closer. The present situation is untenable.

Nelly Terraces

Yeah, I think so mate, just a feeling, but you look at the figures and they just don't stack up. The debt we have for the size of club/business we are just doesn't look sustainable. In the end, what most of us thought was the best thing Romanov was doing and managing to keep us at our home won't happen anyway, and the move will merely have been delayed a few years. Hope I'm wrong, but who can honestly say they're not at least a bit worried (apart from that illiterate geezer, The Boo) that it might all go breests skywards?

Nobody could run this football club any worse than the Romanovs have over the last three years.

If someone shows up with the moolah, even if Vlad refuses to sell, mass stay-aways and public protests would force him to reconsider.

Nucky Thompson
Hope I'm wrong, but who can honestly say they're not at least a bit worried (apart from that illiterate geezer, The Boo) that it might all go breests skywards?
Who says I'm not worried about some of the things that go on at Hearts?? Why the need to get personal anyway? I never even posted on this thread untill someone else brought me into it by dishing out personal slurs.

Nelly Terraces
Nobody could run this football club any worse than the Romanovs have over the last three years.If someone shows up with the moolah, even if Vlad refuses to sell, mass stay-aways and public protests would force him to reconsider.

Spot on, even by conservative estimates, it looks like it's taken 16 million quid to get us where? The bottom 6.

F ** k uppery of Olympic gold winning standards there by the trusty Lithuanian nutters.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd like to know who the 10% are who voted for Vlad to stay in control, surely they cant all be hobo's!

No one, and I mean NO ONE, could possibly make such a large tit of running our club like Del boy and Rodders have!

Nucky Thompson
I'd like to know who the 10% are who voted for Vlad to stay in control, surely they cant all be hobo's!

No one, and I mean NO ONE, could possibly make such a large tit of running our club like Del boy and Rodders have!

The poll is 'would you remove Romanov' meaning having to stay away from games, protest and all sorts of other things:cool: it's different from saying 'would you like a new loaded owner to replace Vlad.

Nelly Terraces
If they aren't complete mentalists, I'd be bang up for it.

Yeah, but just think Dave, if they were, we could have a 'Mentalist-off' between the new geezers and Vlad, Rodders etc. I reckon that'd be top box office, stick it on live at Tynie, sell the TV rights and I reckon we'd have the 38mill debt wiped in one easy televisual move.

The first team to convince the other that a dream team of Frail as top dog and Rix as assistant would be good for the longterm footballing future of Hearts wins the 'Mentalist-off'.

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble!:P

NT.

Should UBIG want out any time soon they'd have to take a hit. Either they as owners would have to clear a big lump of the debt or they as creditors would have to write a lot of it off to make the company saleable.

I'm quite prepared to bid ?5.23 for the company providing all the debt is cleared first. I might even go up to ?123.58.

That would of course be taking the proverbial **** and I wouldn't expect the rest of you to launch a "Romanov out, Topcat In" campaign though I get the impression that some people might do it anyway.

It is not inconceivable to imagine a more serious bid which stalls on just how much of a loss UBIG end up having to accept If that happens then this thread becomes relevant as we collectively could swing the balance of power in negotiations.

Until that happens I'm abstaining

Boaby Ewing
Yeah, but just think Dave, if they were, we could have a 'Mentalist-off' between the new geezers and Vlad, Rodders etc. I reckon that'd be top box office, stick it on live at Tynie, sell the TV rights and I reckon we'd have the 38mill debt wiped in one easy televisual move.

The first team to convince the other that a dream team of Frail as top dog and Rix as assistant would be good for the longterm footballing future of Hearts wins the 'Mentalist-off'.

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble!:P

NT.

I'd like to see Romanov on the back of Malofeev, wielding a pugil stick.

Personally, I'd pay good money for that.

Nelly Terraces
Should UBIG want out any time soon they'd have to take a hit. Either they as owners would have to clear a big lump of the debt or they as creditors would have to write a lot of it off to make the company saleable.

I'm quite prepared to bid ?5.23 for the company providing all the debt is cleared first. I might even go up to ?123.58.

That would of course be taking the proverbial **** and I wouldn't expect the rest of you to launch a "Romanov out, Topcat In" campaign though I get the impression that some people might do it anyway.

It is not inconceivable to imagine a more serious bid which stalls on just how much of a loss UBIG end up having to accept If that happens then this thread becomes relevant as we collectively could swing the balance of power in negotiations.

Until that happens I'm abstaining

Good god man, don't be bloody stupid. Only go as far as ?123 and I, out the goodness of my heart, will cough up the 58p. I know, I know, but there's no point in trying to dissuade me. I will not take NO for an answer on this one!

NT.

PS, does anyone want to buy a kidney? Only 58p and it's yours.

Nelly Terraces
I'd like to see Romanov on the back of Malofeev, wielding a pugil stick.

Personally, I'd pay good money for that.

Malo will be coaching Vlads team. Wonder what Rodders is like at star jumps:rolleyes:?

Archived