What if there were buyers?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Would you remove Romanov if a creditable buyer made himself known?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you remove Romanov if a creditable buyer made himself known?

Yeah, but just think Dave, if they were, we could have a 'Mentalist-off' between the new geezers and Vlad, Rodders etc. I reckon that'd be top box office, stick it on live at Tynie, sell the TV rights and I reckon we'd have the 38mill debt wiped in one easy televisual move.

The first team to convince the other that a dream team of Frail as top dog and Rix as assistant would be good for the longterm footballing future of Hearts wins the 'Mentalist-off'.

Lets get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrumble!:P

NT.

NT

IMHO with the Gordon money & Bednar money I suspect the debt will be nearer ?30m. I don't think Hearts would go into admin as the assets (ground & a few players - Berra, Kingston, Driver) would probably met the liabilities.

Hearts will survive but it would be back to where we where 4 years ago. no money, no home.

As much I as hate what's going on I have a tiny hope that somethings got to come good but in the latter days of CPR I was utterly devasted. I don't want to go back to those days but I did go into the garage on Friday and looked out the old protest gear again. Just to see if it still fitted......

I miss going to Bagders house, Robinson's house, Scottish life, Stenhouse primary, Hampden, The Orwell..... there was a real 'unity' amongst the support back then - albiet a small percentage but we had the same goal.

Good god man, don't be bloody stupid. Only go as far as ?123 and I, out the goodness of my heart, will cough up the 58p. I know, I know, but there's no point in trying to dissuade me. I will not take NO for an answer on this one!

NT.

PS, does anyone want to buy a kidney? Only 58p and it's yours.

That'll make you owner of 0.47% of the business.

You can be chairman roughly 1.7 days per year.

I thought maybe you could step in to represent the club in the Easter Road Director Box on Derby Days.

We might have to sell one of the Under 19s to pay your bail but it'll be worth it

Christ, I can't believe it, even YOU now...

Without naming names there are probably a dozen guys that worked tirelessly on the SOH campaign that post on here. I suspect that none of them are at the stage that protests and boycotts are the answer as they know how close we came to a slow death 4 years ago. Doesn't mean there happy with current events but it's not quite reached that stage again.

Nobody wants to go back to those days and if I did personally it would be with a heavy heart.

Believe it or not I don't see the future of the club in doubt as I did 4 years ago - not yet anyway.

The summer will answer a lot of questions for me and many others I feel. I will reserve judgement until then.

Nelly Terraces
That'll make you owner of 0.47% of the business.

You can be chairman roughly 1.7 days per year.

I thought maybe you could step in to represent the club in the Easter Road Director Box on Derby Days.

We might have to sell one of the Under 19s to pay your bail but it'll be worth it

Interesting proposition there TC. One I gladly accept. I will endevour to represent the club in my capacity of Chairman in the circumstances you have detailed in the appropriate manner and will be proud to do so.

I can't, at this time, outline the reasons why, but would funding be available for a chainsaw, or any other sharp, fast moving implements for my visit to said sporting arena?:P

The Old Tolbooth
The poll is 'would you remove Romanov' meaning having to stay away from games, protest and all sorts of other things:cool: it's different from saying 'would you like a new loaded owner to replace Vlad.

Thats no the way I'm reading it Boo, I interpreted it to mean that if someone might be interested in buying the club, but Vlad wouldn't sell to them, then would the fans be happy to try and force Vlad out bearing in mind that there would be a fall back plan in another sugar daddy. :confused:

Thats no the way I'm reading it Boo, I interpreted it to mean that if someone might be interested in buying the club, but Vlad wouldn't sell to them, then would the fans be happy to try and force Vlad out bearing in mind that there would be a fall back plan in another sugar daddy. :confused:

That's the way i read the OP as well, John.

Given that the mantra of so many is "There is no alternative", it seems that there is an alternative but VR won't sell until he's successful!

I'm in no hurry to push anyone anywhere for the simple reason that we should have learned by now that nothing is ever quite as good as it seems. It's good to hear that people have changed from the old 'anyone'll do' mantra to actually thinking about who wants to buy us or why...I guess the why part is the most important too. Argh.

But anyway, the more I think about this stuff the more I keep ending up at the same place...I don't really trust anyone to take care of this club the way that they should. Not any money men anyway. I honestly don't know what sort of credentials would reassure me that any new buyers on the scene were here with good intentions - it's a classic case of twice bitten, twice shy I suppose.

So what would the alternatives be? Are there any at all? Is there a way to raise investment or funds and have the fans exercise some degree of control whilst still allowing professionals to run the business? It's a head mincer.

Not that I'm quite ready for Vlad to go or be pushed...that's not what I'm saying...I'm just wondering what the other options might actually be. Or if there aren't any at all. :(

Interesting proposition there TC. One I gladly accept. I will endevour to represent the club in my capacity of Chairman in the circumstances you have detailed in the appropriate manner and will be proud to do so.

I can't, at this time, outline the reasons why, but would funding be available for a chainsaw, or any other sharp, fast moving implements for my visit to said sporting arena?:P

It's too early in the process of building our business plan to say for sure but I had been considering getting our commercial department to approach B&Q with a view to becoming shirt sponsors and official power tool suppliers to HMFC.

If you could offer to give even more additional exposure to their products then that might just be the sweetener that clinches the deal.

Where were the 'credible' alternatives 4 years ago, when Hearts carried a sub ?20m debt and control could probably have been bought for under ?5m ?

portobellojambo1

I believe your interpretation is correct John.

The problem is Romanov doesn't want to sell Hearts, not because he thinks he can make them successful, but because if he were to sell Hearts, and still have this belief that he can establish companies like UKIO Bankas and UBiG in the Western world via the UK, he would have to look around and start somewhere else, either up here or down South. Irrespective of whether this new venture was a football club or another business line he would struggle big time, in fact he would probably fail miserably, to get his foot in the door anywhere else, because his track record at Tynecastle doesn't exactly make great reading, possibly an understatement.

I think we have to hope that he realises that UKIO Bankas is not going to conquer the West (in banking terms UKIO is as big a danger to the existing banks as the Polish deli at Abbeyhill is to Tescos in the food market, absolutely none), lets face it, it failed to conquer Lithuania, where it is far from the largest bank in that country, those that have tried to explain that to him here have been sacked strangely enough. UBiG similarly is a nothing company here, and will remain so, we have to hope he realises this as well, admits his venture has failed, takes a hit on the debt that has racked up (even if this means only writing off the increase in debt since he came in, which in itself is a substantial sum) and sells on to someone who may be more interested in making profit out of the club, but understands the way to achieve that is by success on the park.

At the moment we are not an attractive proposition, with a write off of a large portion of the debt we may become more attractive, and give potential investors a platform to build from.

Now, now:) we all know it's against the rules to bring another poster into a thread he hasn't posted on and call him a gimp as well:)

If the hat fits and all that.

Who says I'm not worried about some of the things that go on at Hearts?? Why the need to get personal anyway? I never even posted on this thread untill someone else brought me into it by dishing out personal slurs.

Who brought YOU into it,my what a high opinion you have off your self.

hearts_crazy

This is a no-brainer (and it's been done ten zillion times to date). Of course we would rather get shot of Romanov IF a credible buyer came in, but then IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

Archived