Riot in Musselburgh

duckandcover

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

Two charged with Tranent takeaway death

"Michael Sutherland, 30, and Steven Archibald, 36, both from Tranent, were charged with Mr Auld's murder at Haddington Sheriff Court on Tuesday."

Nae bother Billy.

I know both Kim :thumbsup:

Niddrie and Musselburgh they're from. Please don't try and lecture someone who's actuall from the town with a shan BBC article. Cheers.

Two charged with Tranent takeaway death

"Michael Sutherland, 30, and Steven Archibald, 36, both from Tranent, were charged with Mr Auld's murder at Haddington Sheriff Court on Tuesday."

Nae bother Billy.

:facepalm:

BB is having a mare here, move on folks, nothing to see........ :whistling:

Exactly the kind of wannabe-gangster thing a Mussie type would say.

You still never told me what part of the beautiful world it is you stay, please tell me, as I have a 'horses head' waiting for you....whistling.gif

PsychocAndy

Correct. I've not lost any in a bar brawl fighting with my brother over who gets my sister :verymug:

Shite I edited mine before reading this one.

1-0 victory to Kim Jong Il

Gregory House M.D.

:facepalm:

BB is having a mare here, move on folks, nothing to see........ :whistling:

1. The older guys was born and bred in Musselburgh

2. The younger guy had stayed in Tranent for around half a year having moved here from Niddrie.

Bothe stayed in Tranent at the time. Neither are from Tranent. Somehow I think I'll know more about it than you lot. Cheers.

Bert Le Clos

I know both Kim :thumbsup:

Niddrie and Musselburgh they're from. Please don't try and lecture someone who's actuall from the town with a shan BBC article. Cheers.

So do they live in Tranent? Genuine question.

By the way, I think you're completely missing my point by jumping in ****** in hand as usual. Musselburgh and Tranent both have bad areas. Both also have decent areas. Both have a fair number of wankers, both have lots of decent people. Friends of my, both nice, decent people wouldn't be moving to Tranent if it was all a shithole and all the people were jakes. Just like people who aren't from Musselburgh wouldn't move there if what you're saying about it is true.

Every decent sized town in Scotland has good and bad areas. Musselburgh's hardly Dalry though FFS.

Bert Le Clos

1. The older guys was born and bred in Musselburgh

2. The younger guy had stayed in Tranent for around half a year having moved here from Niddrie.

Bothe stayed in Tranent at the time. Neither are from Tranent. Somehow I think I'll know more about it than you lot. Cheers.

So basically both are jakeballs. As I've said all places have a certain % of them.

But both said jakeballs decided to move from Niddrie and Musselburgh to Costa Del Tranent? Somewhere more suitable for them.

You still never told me what part of the beautiful world it is you stay, please tell me, as I have a 'horses head' waiting for you....whistling.gif

Where I am from has no bearing on the guffness of musselburgh. However, as you ask, I reside in marchmont.

Gregory House M.D.

So do they live in Tranent? Genuine question.

By the way, I think you're completely missing my point by jumping in ****** in hand as usual. Musselburgh and Tranent both have bad areas. Both also have decent areas. Both have a fair number of wankers, both have lots of decent people. Friends of my, both nice, decent people wouldn't be moving to Tranent if it was all a shithole and all the people were jakes. Just like people who aren't from Musselburgh wouldn't move there if what you're saying about it is true.

Every decent sized town in Scotland has good and bad areas. Musselburgh's hardly Dalry though FFS.

Read back. You're agreeing with me. The Musselburgh has nice areas mock-surprise post was firmly tongue in cheek.

What I'm saying here is Tranent can't be blamed if a couple of incomers batter a man to death.

Johanes de Silentio

Musselburgh, like any reasonably big town has very nice areas and complete shitholes, and naturally, some very nice people and some absolute scumbags.

However there are far worse places.

Tranent, for example.

It was a laugh. Lighten up FFS. Everywhere has nice areas.

No they don't.

Where's the nice areas of Pollok, Ferguslie Park, Drumchapel, Easterhouse or Parkhead ?

Lumping Musselburgh with those area could be seen by some as insulting - or maybe just trolling for laughs .

I'll lighten up and accept it's the later.

lol.

**** me....I`ll put money on most folk from Musselburgh being sound. I grew up in the Calders , Sighthill and a stone throw (or two from where im from :rolleyes: ) from Wester Hailes.

Alot of bams but most folk were law abiding good people. The 80`s was a time Wester Hailes got its apparent bad reputation but imo the 80`s was a great time for growing up. Its all about what company you keep. :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Tranent, for example.

Aye :rolleyes:

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

As a resident of Musselburgh for the past 16 years, I have no knowledge of this.

While we're at it, I moved here when I was 5 and me and my pals had a great time growing up :thumbsup:

Some shitty neighbourhoods but on the whole a good wee town.

Gregory House M.D.

**** me....I`ll put money on most folk from Musselburgh being sound. I grew up in the Calders , Sighthill and a stone throw (or two from where im from :rolleyes: ) from Wester Hailes.

Alot of bams but most folk were law abiding good people. The 80`s was a time Wester Hailes got its apparent bad reputation but imo the 80`s was a great time for growing up. Its all about what company you keep. :thumbsup:

There's hundreds of decent folk from Musselburgh. I've been lucky enough to meet alot more of the decent residents than the arseholes.

Gregory House M.D.

Aye.

And Prestonpans.

Have to agree with that. Always escapes the flak does Prestonpans.

I wouldn't say Musselburgh is nicer than Tranent. There's alot less arseholes in Tranent than Musselburgh and alot less violent incidents as well. Mainly due to size.

Where I am from has no bearing on the guffness of musselburgh. However, as you ask, I reside in marchmont.

Thank you Jona, for your honesty. The land of 'fur coats and nae knickers'.

I have stayed in Musselburgh for 8 months, I am so glad you are such an expert, just let me know when you are visiting next, if you have ever been ? I will buy you a pint in my local. rolleyes.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Sounds to me like the two boys Billy is best pals with were hounded out of Mussie and ended up welcomed with open arms in Tranent, renowned haven of scum and villainy.

Kind of like Australia in the late 18th Century :)

Bert Le Clos

Have to agree with that. Always escapes the flak does Prestonpans.

I wouldn't say Musselburgh is nicer than Tranent. There's alot less arseholes in Tranent than Musselburgh and alot less violent incidents as well. Mainly due to size.

I can't prove it, but I would be surprised if that is true. Especially going by ratios of violence compared with population. Which is the only fair way to do it. Maybe Musselburgh does have more violent incidents, but Musselburgh has about 3 x the number of people than Tranent.

Or can I just say New York is a complete shithole, because there were more murders there than in Musselburgh last year?

Gregory House M.D.

Sounds to me like the two boys Billy is best pals with were hounded out of Mussie and ended up welcomed with open arms in Tranent, renowned haven of scum and villainy.

Kind of like Australia in the late 18th Century :)

I said I knew them. Both are utter scum though.

Fermit the Krog

Arguing whether Tranent or Musselburgh is the bigger shithole. :vrface:

Tranent is btw. B)

Gregory House M.D.

I can't prove it, but I would be surprised if that is true. Especially going by ratios of violence compared with population. Which is the only fair way to do it. Maybe Musselburgh does have more violent incidents, but Musselburgh has about 3 x the number of people than Tranent.

The last violent incident in Tranent was when a guy who's wee cronies had been terrorising Tranent for years was battered for strolling into a pub shouting "Where's aw the fenians (catholics) I'll fight any fenian *******s in here!" He was swiftly battered up and down the place and lost part of his ear.

Before that there was the chippy murder, then the Guy from niddrie was murdered by other folk from Niddrie in the new council flats. It became far more frequent when said houses and flats were built and the folk who reside in them moved in.

Meanwhile in Musselburgh there's been 2 mass brawls in recent memory, umpteen stabbings, a guy getting his head panned in with a beerkeg, glassings etc.

There's trouble outside a Musselburgh boozee nearon every weekend.

Oh aye andbthen there's the poor guy who owned a pub in Musselburgh being murdered while leaving to go home.

The last violent incident in Tranent was when a guy who's wee cronies had been terrorising Tranent for years was battered for strolling into a pub shouting "Where's aw the fenians (catholics) I'll fight any fenian *******s in here!" He was swiftly battered up and down the place and lost part of his ear.

Before that there was the chippy murder, then the Guy from niddrie was murdered by other folk from Niddrie in the new council flats. It became far more frequent when said houses and flats were built and the folk who reside in them moved in.

Meanwhile in Musselburgh there's been 2 mass brawls in recent memory, umpteen stabbings, a guy getting his head panned in with a beerkeg, glassings etc.

BB do you yourself a favour and move away from the keyboard, the Portugal v. Netherlands game looks a bit tasty. thumbsup.gif

Johanes de Silentio

I'd say it's unfair to judge the population of any small town on the roasters who descend on the town centre for a session on a Saturday night.

Fermit the Krog

I'd say it's unfair to judge the population of any small town on the roasters who descend on the town centre for a session on a Saturday night.

Yes, Dalkeith you reside isn't it?

:D

Serj Tankian

Oh aye andbthen there's the poor guy who owned a pub in Musselburgh being murdered while leaving to go home.

Was there not a murder about 7 years ago an elvis presley singer done in by 3 young guys .i used to go to army cadets in early 80's done at the boyyom of the esk what a nightmare that was getting off the bus and making your way down there .

Got a few mates that live in Musselburgh and had a fair bit drinking time there. Whilst I get why some folk don't like it, I've always found that if you go to the right pubs, you can have a good night with zero issues.

I've never drank in Tranent but know enough about the place to know that I don't want to.

I have drank in the 'Pans on occasion, and it ain't a nice place, either.

The Mighty Thor

Arguing whether Tranent or Musselburgh is the bigger shithole. :vrface:

Tranent is btw. B)

Bald men scrapping over a comb. cool.gif

Bert Le Clos

Bunter, I accept Musselburgh has had and does have a large number of violent incidents. I never denied that. What I was denying, was that Musselburgh in it's entirity is a shithole. You've mentioned 2 areas which I agree are dodgy. I've named 7 or 8 other areas which are extremely nice areas. The pubs are on the High Street, hence where any violence is going to take place. Just like the majority of violent incidents will take place in the centre of Edinburgh; does that mean Stockbridge is some sort of ghetto?

Tranent is every bit as bad as Musselburgh. We could post stories from papers about murders and violence in Musselburgh and Tranent all night, but claiming there's only been 3 violent incidents in Tranent in recent history is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard, and you know it. And claiming one of the murders doesn't count because it was a guy from Niddrie murdered by other guys from Niddrie is just laughable.

You forgot to mention that the guy who bit off the boy's ear, regardless of how much he deserved it, then proceded to pick it up and eat it. Or the guy who was robbed in broad daylight at knife-point out walking his dog, or the policeman who had a brick thrown at his head when he turned up at a park to deal with a matress that had been set on fire.

But I know that doesn't mean that the whole of Tranent is a shithole, in the same way that all of Musselburgh isn't just because of a barny on the High Street.

Johanes de Silentio

Yes, Dalkeith you reside isn't it?

:D

:lol:

Yes - and it's as much a shitehole as anywhere - especially, when you count Woodburn, Easthouses, and Mayfield.

Still, while there are probably more arseholes per head in Dalkeith, (including the districts mentioned above) there is considerably less in-breeding here than in the likes of Tranent, Prestonpans, and (yes) Newtongrange.

For the record, I think that Musselburgh is a fine place for the most part, and is populated mainly by decent folk.

Best avoided on a Saturday night, though.

See when there's a riot in Musselburgh... how can you tell?

It usually involves a group of between three to thirty males engaging in a

wild or turbulent activity created by a number of people ending in violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.

thumbsup.gif

Nah just the ******s that started it, no doubt there were a fair few of them. Not having a go at any innocent ones if there even are any. Comprende?

I am trying. God knows, I'm trying.

"Just saying the arseholes who were involved/started the scrap deserve any injuries they get."

It's difficult when you seemingly change your position every single time you post though.

sad.gif

Nah just the ******s that started it, no doubt there were a fair few of them. Not having a go at any innocent ones if there even are any. Comprende?

That's not what you said, though. However, I am sure you knew this as you are CLEARLY at the ham and looking for reactions. ;)

Move to Livi I say as all the stuff that has been mentioned would pale in to insignificance, not clever but true sadly :rolleyes:

So, anyone involved in a scrap deserves what they get? Is that what you're saying?

Just want to make sure. It seems abundantly clear from your statement above that's exactly what you're saying.

smile.gif

Stop picking on the boy!! Everybody wants blood. Its like Musselburgh High Street on a saturday night!!

Sometimes you just say what you think without thinking, if you get what I mean.

It usually involves a group of between three to thirty males engaging in a

wild or turbulent activity created by a number of people ending in violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.

thumbsup.gif

A standard weekend in Musselburgh then.

I lived in Musselburgh until I was 3. I liked going to see the coots in the pond. It has Lucas ice cream therefore is automatically better than Tranent. That and Tranent is an utter dive and if you're not from there folk look at you funny.

Buffalo Bill

My only comments on Musselburgh is that it's got a great Tesco but bad traffic.

Gregory House M.D.

I lived in Musselburgh until I was 3. I liked going to see the coots in the pond. It has Lucas ice cream therefore is automatically better than Tranent. That and Tranent is an utter dive and if you're not from there folk look at you funny.

Ah, that old myth.

Gregory House M.D.

John Cronin is from Tranent, enough said

Lee Mcnamara's from Musselburgh. Your point caller?

Ah, that old myth.

I was once stood at the bus stop in Tranent, aged 14, when two wee neds walking past stopped and asked me where the **** I was from. I do also know several sound people who live in Tranent.

I know a guy called Bryan, and he's from Mussie. Nice lad, but a bit slow. Everytime I speak to him, he's gotten a bursd up the duff, and it's a different bursd everytime,

True story.

Archived