Riot in Musselburgh

duckandcover

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think I've ever actually been in any of the places mentioned in this thread, bar maybe to play football in as a youngster. Not missing much by the sound of things :lol:

Bert Le Clos

Lee McNamara is from whitecraig

Correct. And the murder was also in Whitecraig.

Bunter's all about facts though :rolleyes:

rossthejambo

This threads a complete mind**** :lol:

Tranent's a bit of a shit hole, Mussie's a bit of a shit hole. Let's just leave it at that eh rather than comparing murder/violent crime rates.

This threads a complete mind**** :lol:

Tranent's a bit of a shit hole, Mussie's a bit of a shit hole. Let's just leave it at that eh rather than comparing murder/violent crime rates.

Musselburgh had the cube nightclub tho , I was in there every thurs fri and sat night for 5 years or so even the odd sun night too.

Was also a haunt of a former overweight ex hibs player who doesn't like loser medals.

I've seen some sights in Coalgate in Tranent too but all in as everywhere they both have their good and bad

So was there a riot or not ? Or is this thread I live in a worse area than you.. :mellow:

Gregory House M.D.

Not really a myth though.....

When did this happen?

Johanes de Silentio

When did this happen?

What? Tranent being like a combination of Straw Dogs and Deliverance?

Mid-fifties, I'd say.

Bert Le Clos

That and Tranent is an utter dive and if you're not from there folk look at you funny.

Some people can't help it

cyclops.jpg

When did this happen?

On several occasions which I've just told you so I don't need to say on this thread...

Anyway, I should add. Not everyone is that bad in Tranent. I ran out of petrol and had to walk to the garage and fill up a jerry can with petrol. The person I was with refused to be seen with me due to being embarrassed and I was struggling so a random man helped me fill the can up then offered to give me a lift back to my car :thumbsup:

Gregory House M.D.

Any of you ****s want to come and have a go?Big T ya Bass :whistling:

We're not mental we're insane :whistling:

:lol:

This thread is fast becoming more and more like a sketch from shooting stars or the fast show called "my town shitter than your town".

All that's missing is Vic & Bob doing Yorkshire accents.

tommythejambo

I read the first 2 pages of this thread and got a bit pissed off.

Musselburgh isn't bad, there's some pubs full of inbred ~~~~~'s, but they make up most of Scotland's populationso that's got nothing to do with anything.

I've worked in 2 Musselburgh pubs mentioned on this thread and I've got nothing but good things to say about the vast majority of people that drank there.

I read the first 2 pages of this thread and got a bit pissed off.

I did as well, but for a different reason. Arguing is one thing, but personal abuse is another entirely (that's not a reference to the poster in the quote above, by the way).

People can argue away all they want about how shit place X is compared to place Y, but the next time I see any personal abuse I'll set the m0dz0rs on yiz.

Cheers.

Matthew Le Tissier

I did as well, but for a different reason. Arguing is one thing, but personal abuse is another entirely (that's not a reference to the poster in the quote above, by the way).

People can argue away all they want about how shit place X is compared to place Y, but the next time I see any personal abuse I'll set the m0dz0rs on yiz.

Cheers.

:smackdown:

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Cheers.

X is so great, it pishes all over Y and you know it!

Tranent makes Musselburgh look like Athens. I have seen drunken scraps kick off in Musselburgh but in Tranent, with the compact nature of the town, there is always a palpable feeling that its only a matter of time before things get really ugly, and that the inhabitants genuinely relish the opportunity to steam in.

Gregory House M.D.

Tranent makes Musselburgh look like Athens. I have seen drunken scraps kick off in Musselburgh but in Tranent, with the compact nature of the town, there is always a palpable feeling that its only a matter of time before things get really ugly, and that the inhabitants genuinely relish the opportunity to steam in.

Think that has more to do with paranoia than anything else TBH. Folk hear stories about a place then look out for all the bad stuff. Even if it is completely in their own head.

I've never once seen a fight in Tranent that anybody actually relished jumping into.

If you walk about looking down your nose at folk with shite stories you've heard in Edinburgh however, you shouldn't expect a hospitable reception.

I'd feel safer walking the streets of Tranent, Prestonpans and Musselburgh than walking any street in Edinburgh TBH.

So was there a 60 man brawl or what.. If the mods deleted all posts not relevant to the OP we would only have about 3 replies.. each one of them asking if anything did happen..

Think that has more to do with paranoia than anything else TBH. Folk hear stories about a place then look out for all the bad stuff. Even if it is completely in their own head.

I've never once seen a fight in Tranent that anybody actually relished jumping into.

If you walk about looking down your nose at folk with shite stories you've heard in Edinburgh however, you shouldn't expect a hospitable reception.

I'd feel safer walking the streets of Tranent, Prestonpans and Musselburgh than walking any street in Edinburgh TBH.

:rofl:

HampdenHearts

You're full of shite, stop sticking up for your wee shanty towns.

Just admit it you stay in a cesspit, I was brought up in gracemount FFS!

You wouldn't feel safe walking down morningside road? Okay then.

Ray Winstone

:lies:

On several occasions which I've just told you so I don't need to say on this thread...

Anyway, I should add. Not everyone is that bad in Tranent. I ran out of petrol and had to walk to the garage and fill up a jerry can with petrol. The person I was with refused to be seen with me due to being embarrassed and I was struggling so a random man helped me fill the can up then offered to give me a lift back to my car :thumbsup:

Not really surprising to be honest :laugh:

Bert Le Clos

Stop it Bunter. I'm defending Musselburgh but that's bullshit.

The Great Khali

Glorious, so much seethe at the faux-hate toward musselburgh. It's actually a decent wee place with the sports centre, river esk and the likes.

I still maintain the high street shops are rotten though.

You trying to tell me said school is in a nice area? :cornette:

I have family who stay in that area. It's a dump. They moved there a couple of years back and are moving out already.

Shit school.Crap teachers,poor management,lack of facilities,no discipline,poor value for money and currently trying to bury a large scandel.

Yes. Drem and Port Seton are bigger dives than Musselburgh for a start. Musselburgh does have a high street made up of complete cheapo nonsense stores, fact. And as we have already established, the people are jakies.

Compare it to say, Longniddry, and it polarizes the horror of Musselburgh.

Cumoantaephuque Drem?Really Drem?

Cumoantaephuque Drem?Really Drem?

Drem is so unbelievably dull. It is not a nasty place by any means. It is just a weird place.

Hannibal Lecter

Would love to read a kickbackers tour guide to Edinburgh and the lothians .

Something tells me that it would make for some very interesting reading...

Im from Muirhouse, i win.

Close Fred.

I was born in Muirhouse, stayed there for 23 years and have spent the last 3 in Musselburgh. Trumped :teehee:

It's far from the biggest dive in East Lothian. As it's much bigger than all other towns it has some dodgy areas. Unlike Tranent, which is just a dodgy area ::troll:::'>

Clayknowes, The Mucklets, The Fergusons, Inveresk, Stoneyhill, Newhailles, Park Lane/Court etc. are all great places to live. If they weren't, it wouldn't be so expensive to buy a house in Musselburgh. Several of my mates are moving to Tranent and the Pans because it's cheaper.

:thumbsup:

This!

The Mighty Thor

The issue is the 'wee toun' mentality prevalent in both Tranent & Musselburgh and countless other small towns.

I've lived in both (and Haddington) and when you're a young guy in your early twenties you're fair game for the mono-browed, less cerebal locals whose opening gambit is usually 'you're no fae here' which is normally followed by a headbutt or becks bottle.

Musselburgh was like the wild west in the early 90's with the locals showing a tremendous willingness to 'get the sleeves up' at anything after 10pm, Although i believe a programme of house building and gene-pool dilution has reduced the number of digits on each hand of the indigenous population.

Tranent is every bit as bad, I lived there for 7 years and i've seen some spectacular things in the high street, usually after Old Firm games, and again at chucking out time.

I saw a 20-a-side scrap about 6pm on a Tuesday night which was apparently the Panners and the Belters establishing who was more stupid through the medium of dance and baseball bats, which was nice. Again Tranent is a growing town and the interlopers are gradually dragging the place in to the 20th century.

You will find most places and fine until a Saturday afternoon/night.

Tranent is a great place, apart from a Sat night when it does become a bit wild west, it has been like that for years and is still the only place I have been where the police basically used riot tatics in the old labour club (that is also now shut down)

Musselburgh has some nice parts, down by the shore is really nice, and it also has its rougher parts.

But lets not kid ourselves, tranent and musselburgh are nowhere near as bad as parts of the west or down England where places are ran by gangs, london/birmingham and manchester have real rough areas.

I would be happy to stay in most parts of Tranent and some areas of Musselburgh. But if you dont like a bottle flying past your head maybe give a saturday night in the pubs a miss.

And mentions on here of drem/portseton being rough, behave. East Lothian is one of the nicest parts of Scotland to stay, and overall a very nice and friendly place. Just like everywhere else the arses appear come the weekend.

Guest C00l K1d

Bunter I got chased out of Tranent the very first time I went.

There were about 6 of us (all laddies) visiting our pal who had moved out there

We weren't there 20mins before we were getting hassled by a group of laddies and within another 30mins they had assembled all their pals and there was around 30 of them waiting on us

Bunch of ned dickheads

Tommy Wiseau

I ran out of petrol and had to walk to the garage and fill up a jerry can with petrol.

The person I was with refused to be seen with me due to being embarrassed

and I was struggling

So much rofl, only two posts. 19724p.gif

Drem is so unbelievably dull. It is not a nasty place by any means. It is just a weird place.

From dive to unbelievably dull is definite backtracking.

The fat striker

People, please! You're missing the bigger picture.... Livingston is far superior to Musselburgh or any other small place mentioned thus far. (Insert appropriate smilie)

Vlad-Stupid

People, please! You're missing the bigger picture.... Livingston is far superior to Musselburgh or any other small place mentioned thus far. (Insert appropriate smilie)

Good one.

Archived