Riot in Musselburgh

duckandcover

duckandcover

Apparently the high street in Musselburgh was closed around 1 am this morning due to a 60 man brawl, can anyone confirm or have any info on this?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gregory House M.D.

Apparently the high street in Musselburgh was closed around 1 am this morning due to a 60 man brawl, can anyone confirm or have any info on this?

Supposed to have been a stabbing and The Burgh has allegedly shut down as of tomorrow because of it.

Victor Mancini

Supposed to have been a stabbing and The Burgh has allegedly shut down as of tomorrow because of it.

sounds like a quiet night out in musselburgh to me :whistling:

tommythejambo

The Burgh was closing this weekend anyway.

Total shitehole of a place.

I know the boy that had the burgh, decent guy John but recently the pub got over run by neds and it's nose dived since then

The Burgh was closing this weekend anyway.

Total shitehole of a place.

This.

Horrific boozer.

Naecups1902

Great ice cream from Luca

Correct, although the one at Morningside better for me, large vanilla 99 (allegedly, the 99 was invented by Arcari in Potty High Street), that one closed now but they still operate vans out of the factory in The Wisp

Bert Le Clos

No one was stabbed.

The Burgh is a hole of a pub. Musselburgh, like any reasonably big town has very nice areas and complete shitholes, and naturally, some very nice people and some absolute scumbags.

However there are far worse places.

The Real Maroonblood

No one was stabbed.

The Burgh is a hole of a pub. Musselburgh, like any reasonably big town has very nice areas and complete shitholes, and naturally, some very nice people and some absolute scumbags.

Staggs is quite a good pub.

The Great Khali

It's a sad state of affairs when the new wether spoons is probably the best boozer in the place.

Gregory House M.D.

No one was stabbed.

Musselburgh has a "nice area" :arry:

So because that a few people you've met from Musselburgh are complete dicks as you say, it makes the whole town inbred and a shithole.

Definitely must try harder.

TBF, I have never met a nice person in Musselburgh. Apart from the nice ladies in Santander.

PsychocAndy

My Da stays in Musselburgh and he is a great bloke.

Ok, it's official. There is not a single nice person from Musselburgh.

(excluding the ladies in Santander)

B)

Gregory House M.D.

Can we just clear some stuff up.

Musselburgh, despite being about the biggest dive in East Lothian, isn't full of wankers. There's actually quite a lot of decent people there.

The only semi-decent pubs in Musselburgh are Staggs, The Riverside and the new witherspoons. It won't be long before that goes down the pan though. The bursd in the place are like white rhinos in spandex as well (Witherspoons that is).

The bigger the town, the higher number of halfwits.

My Da stays in Musselburgh and he is a great bloke.

Thanks son. thumbsup.gif

Tranent v. Musselburgh

A bit like the 2012 Scottish Cup Final....rolleyes.gif

Musselburgh has a "nice area" :arry:

huh.gif

One of the poshest public schools in the UK and the parish of Inveresk.

There's a whole different world away from the keyboard Billy.

Wrong way round. There are much much worse dives in East Lothian than Mussie. Musselburgh however is quite big and therefore should be quite good, but instead it is filled with ***** bargain stores.

It caters to its populace though, which as confirmed above is entirely made up of tits, apart from my bank tellers.

orly.pngpaulyD.gif

orly.pngpaulyD.gif

Yes. Drem and Port Seton are bigger dives than Musselburgh for a start. Musselburgh does have a high street made up of complete cheapo nonsense stores, fact. And as we have already established, the people are jakies.

Compare it to say, Longniddry, and it polarizes the horror of Musselburgh.

Gregory House M.D.

huh.gif

One of the poshest public schools in the UK and the parish of Inveresk.

There's a whole different world away from the keyboard Billy.

You trying to tell me said school is in a nice area? :cornette:

I have family who stay in that area. It's a dump. They moved there a couple of years back and are moving out already.

Musselburgh is a bit of a shithole.

The comments hoping for injuries are out of order though.

Yes. Drem and Port Seton are bigger dives than Musselburgh for a start. Musselburgh does have a high street made up of complete cheapo nonsense stores, fact. And as we have already established, the people are jakies.

knowyourrole.gif

You will come from where ???

JUVELIES.gif

Gregory House M.D.

Be fair, it has a boots for the fake-tan and lorryloads of make-up and blonde hair dye, a shop to buy cheap nearon transparent leggings, a pound shop to feed the tribes of bairns and a Costa Coffee for the Student types.

Oh aye then there's Tesco to buy the Alcohol before heading to the local to pound some innocent drinkers face in.

Be fair, it has a boots for the fake-tan and lorryloads of make-up and blonde hair dye, a shop to buy cheap nearon transparent leggings, a pound shop to feed the tribes of bairns and a Costa Coffee for the Student types.

Oh aye then there's Tesco to buy the Alcohol before heading to the local to pound some innocent drinkers face in.

BB you are not exactly having a stormer are you ? Along with the 'Jona'. Deary feckin me. ninja.gif

In certain boozers there it can be a wee bit like Dalkeith or Tranent or similar places where you go in for a pint and the place goes silent as if you'd just killed a baby and everybody asks "who ye ken" before you can be at ease. :blink:

PsychocAndy

Thanks son. thumbsup.gif

Tranent v. Musselburgh

A bit like the 2012 Scottish Cup Final....rolleyes.gif

I'm a Panner born and , up until I was 7, bred.

Awfy touchy pal.

My inbred comment still stands and the place is a shithole.

Backtracking...hardly. Just saying the arseholes who were involved/started the scrap deserve any injuries they get.

Feel sorry for any innocent bystanders. However i've yet to meet any genuinely nice people from mussie, all complete dicks who seem to have something against you just because you are from edinburgh.

Where as you seem like a very likeable person laugh.gif

Should i categorise everyone who stays in Edinburgh based on you? ermm.gif

Nope. I don't need to stereotype as i have managed to progress beyond Neanderthal thumbsup.gif

You trying to tell me said school is in a nice area? :cornette:

I have family who stay in that area. It's a dump. They moved there a couple of years back and are moving out already.

Yes the area around Loretto is nice in bits. It's also shoite in bits. There's areas only a seven iron away that are rich in cultural heritage and the grounds themselves are amazing. If you venture forth from the keyboard, you'll find some gems that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Morse . That's even before you get to Inveresk.

But you knew that already. The Harry Redknapp "Musselburgh doesn't have nice bits" smilie was just trolling wasn't it ?

Gregory House M.D.

BB you are not exactly having a stormer are you ? Along with the 'Jona'. Deary feckin me. ninja.gif

Jamdub we both live in dumps. Just face it. Musselburgh is far worse than Tranent for violence though and is populated by a larger amount of ****wits due to the size of the place. It also has The Wimpies and Pinkie in it.

Gregory House M.D.

Yes the area around Loretto is nice in bits. It's also shoite in bits. There's areas only a seven iron away that are rich in cultural heritage and the grounds themselves are amazing. If you venture forth from the keyboard, you'll find some gems that wouldn't be out of place in an episode of Morse . That's even before you get to Inveresk.

But you knew that already. The Harry Redknapp "Musselburgh doesn't have nice bits" smilie was just trolling wasn't it ?

It was a laugh. Lighten up FFS. Everywhere has nice areas.

Just saying the arseholes who were involved/started the scrap deserve any injuries they get.

So, anyone involved in a scrap deserves what they get? Is that what you're saying?

Just want to make sure. It seems abundantly clear from your statement above that's exactly what you're saying.

smile.gif

The Real Maroonblood

Jamdub we both live in dumps. Just face it. Musselburgh is far worse than Tranent for violence though and is populated by a larger amount of ****wits due to the size of the place. It also has The Wimpies and Pinkie in it.

How do these places compare to Leith?

Gregory House M.D.

How do these places compare to Leith?

Which places? Tranent & Musselburgh are nice compared to Leith as a whole. The Wimpies and Pinkie are more comparable to Niddrie.

Obviously I am taking the people into account as well as the area. Leith's nice parts are obviously far nicer than both Musselburghs and Tranents.

Bert Le Clos

Can we just clear some stuff up.

Musselburgh, despite being about the biggest dive in East Lothian, isn't full of wankers. There's actually quite a lot of decent people there.

The only semi-decent pubs in Musselburgh are Staggs, The Riverside and the new witherspoons. It won't be long before that goes down the pan though. The bursd in the place are like white rhinos in spandex as well (Witherspoons that is).

The bigger the town, the higher number of halfwits.

It's far from the biggest dive in East Lothian. As it's much bigger than all other towns it has some dodgy areas. Unlike Tranent, which is just a dodgy area ::troll:::'>

Clayknowes, The Mucklets, The Fergusons, Inveresk, Stoneyhill, Newhailles, Park Lane/Court etc. are all great places to live. If they weren't, it wouldn't be so expensive to buy a house in Musselburgh. Several of my mates are moving to Tranent and the Pans because it's cheaper.

I've not been in the Wotherspoons, because if it's like all the other 'Spoons it will be a fecking shithole serving crap food and drink and acting as a magnet for bellends. Staggs, The Riverside, The Auld Brig, The Hole in the 'Wa and occasionally The Ship Inn are the only pubs I'd ever drink in in Musselburgh.

The High Street is full of charity shops and bookies, but what High Street in Scotland isn't? Barring Gullane. Christ Princes Street is chock full of shan shops.

I'm a Panner born and , up until I was 7, in-bred.

FTFY :thumbsup:

I personally do not think Musselburgh is a dump and think it is a good place to live and stay, but you jog on.......woot.gif

Bert Le Clos

You're right. I remember only a few months ago there was a delivery driver battered to death outside a takeaway on Musselburgh High Street.

No wait, that's wrong...

I personally do not think Musselburgh is a dump and think it is a good place to live and stay, but you jog on.......woot.gif

Exactly the kind of wannabe-gangster thing a Mussie type would say.

Bert Le Clos

:yucky:

Guffaw, Guffaw, but I bet you have more fingers and toes than me. :whistling:

Correct. I've not lost any in a bar brawl fighting with my brother over who gets my sister :verymug:

Gregory House M.D.

You're right. I remember only a few months ago there was a delivery driver battered to death outside a takeaway on Musselburgh High Street.

Remind me, where were the guys charged from? Oh aye, Musselburgh and Niddrie.

Bert Le Clos

Remind me, where were the guys charged from? Oh aye, Musselburgh and Niddrie.

Two charged with Tranent takeaway death

"Michael Sutherland, 30, and Steven Archibald, 36, both from Tranent, were charged with Mr Auld's murder at Haddington Sheriff Court on Tuesday."

Nae bother Billy.

Archived