Sunday's football

djf

Currently 2-0 Villa vs Birmingham. Not looking good for McLeish.

Coming up

Sunderland vs Newcastle 13.30 (Sky)

Man City vs Portsmouth 16.00 (Sky)

Dundee Utd vs Hibs 14.00 (Setanta)

Rangers vs St Johnstone 15.00

I'm going to put on three draws and Rangers I reckon.

Should be decent games though. A chance to watch CG first of all and then Pompy should be well up for it in the race for fifth place

As an aside, did anybody see the interview on SSN where the presenter asked

"Yesterday was almost like a 3 pointer for Sunderland even though they were sitting on their arse". Made me laugh.

Not looking good for McLeish.

Excellent. :)

I've had no time for that piece of filth since his outrageous "professional" foul on Sir John Colquhoun in April 1986. :evilno:

Gigolo-Aunt

Looking grim for McLeish. I wonder if Mcfadden has a get out clause in his contract ? Cant see him wanting to ply his trade in the Championship. Quite a few Premiership clubs you would imagine would be monotoring the situation.

Looking grim for McLeish. I wonder if Mcfadden has a get out clause in his contract ? Cant see him wanting to ply his trade in the Championship. Quite a few Premiership clubs you would imagine would be monotoring the situation.

think so too....didnt moyes come out reently and say it was a mistake in selling him?

Gigolo-Aunt
think so too....didnt moyes come out reently and say it was a mistake in selling him?

Not sure bud, was very surprised he was let go. Think it was more down to McFadden wanting more first team football though.

Has looked the stand out player when he has played for Birmingham.

I still can't believe McFadden left Everton to sign for Brum City.

Hopefully a premiership team will come in for him if Brum do go down. McFadden will always be a hero of mine after the Parc de Princes and i'd like to see him playing in the top flight.

Yep read the same thing in one of the papers. I think he thought he would have nicked the last champions league spot if they had kept him.

1-0 for the toon.

1-0 Newcastle

Probably the best cross into the box i've seen all season and Owen finished brilliantly.

Sunderland are playing that ginger idiot McShane at right back. One of the worst players in the premiership.

Decent game so far.

ToadKiller Dog

Sunderland have picked mcshane madness skinned by owen for the goal,with mcshane in there defense will be about 3-0 to the toon.

1-0 Newcastle

Probably the best cross into the box i've seen all season and Owen finished brilliantly.

Sunderland are playing that ginger idiot McShane at right back. One of the worst players in the premiership.

Decent game so far.

... has to be a relative of our very own Pat McShane from the 70s then - certainly sound similar ...

haha - McShane scores a comedy own goal but the ref had already blown the whistle.

He is hapless clown of a player.

Newcastle playing some nice stuff. Sunderland looking up for it also.

One good save from Gordon, he could do nothing for the goal and he got a talking to from the ref about going mental when the ref gave a corner.

Dirk Diggler

Newcastle will have this wrapped up just shortly imo.

Already Jones looks a lonely figure up front for Sunderland and if they want anything out the game they'll have to change something.

GOD DAMM IT !!!!

Why does Keane insist on playing this clown.

Two out of the regular back 4 are injured, so I'm guessing he is all that's left!!

Could be a busy day for CG - had no chance with the goal, cracking cross and header.

Newcastle will have this wrapped up just shortly imo.

Already Jones looks a lonely figure up front for Sunderland and if they want anything out the game they'll have to change something.

The Newcastle defence never looks comfortable though, they could easily slip up. I agree about Jones, he does look a bit isolated up front. He is good enough to make something from nothing but that doesn't look like happening so far.

Dirk Diggler
The Newcastle defence never looks comfortable though, they could easily slip up. I agree about Jones, he does look a bit isolated up front. He is good enough to make something from nothing but that doesn't look like happening so far.

They could but I think they've been a lot more solid recently?

As it stands just now, I can't see Sunderland scoring, I can see Newcastle adding a couple though.

Anyway, Got to dash.

Away to the pub to watch football how it should be played.

All of those taking the cant out of the Toon and Kevin Keegan a few weeks ago are a bit quiet now eh.

;)

All of those taking the cant out of the Toon and Kevin Keegan a few weeks ago are a bit quiet now eh.

;)

Was thinking the very same D-McG, now where's that millfield laddie hiding?? :P 8 years since they beat the toon and King Kev maintains his 100% record in the derby !!

Ray Winstone
2-0 to Newcastle after a fairly dodgy penalty decision for handball.

What was fairly dodgy about the penalty decision.

Higgenbottom stopped Owen chipping the ball over him by using his arm.

Intentional or not it was a definite penalty.

Ray Winstone

;)

Is Julio not still banned?

blondejamtart

Well, you would appear to be in the minority with that opinion...

Ray Winstone
Well, you would appear to be in the minority with that opinion...

Well why dont you say why you think it was a "dodgy" decision....?

I am open to a debate on the issue.

Ron Burgundy

I may be wrong but I always thought that by the laws of the game it is only handball if intentional and that that is the only criteria.If a hand hits the ball unintentionally then regardless of where the ball is going to end up it is not a free kick.

Ray Winstone
I may be wrong but I always thought that by the laws of the game it is only handball if intentional and that that is the only criteria.If a hand hits the ball unintentionally then regardless of where the ball is going to end up it is not a free kick.

It doesnt have to be intentional does it?

That would mean if the ball was going in and someone on the line with their arms at their side stopped it going by standing there (even if it struck their arm) it wouldnt be a foul.... not sure that is correct.

When Higgenbottom went down his arm was raised and stopped the ball from being dinked over him which would have presented Owen with a shooting opertunity.

Thats the way the commentators interpreted it and I would tend to agree.

That would mean if the ball was going in and someone on the line with their arms at their side stopped it going by standing there (even if it struck their arm) it wouldnt be a foul.... not sure that is correct.

When Higgenbottom went down his arm was raised and stopped the ball from being dinked over him which would have presented Owen with a shooting opertunity.

That's exactly what happened against the Huns when we beat them 1-0 under Burley.

Neilsons arm blocked the ball going in and no penalty was given.

;)

Ray Winstone
That's exactly what happened against the Huns when we beat them 1-0 under Burley.

Neilsons arm blocked the ball going in and no penalty was given.

;)

Neilson has the refs in his back pocket though....therefore the exception that proves the rule?

Alright pass the straws...

Ron Burgundy

I think it does have to be intentional,.

The game we beat Rangers 1 nil with Bednars header, Neilson stopped a blatant goal late on with his hand but was not given due to the fact the ball was fired at him and he neither raised his arm to stop it or had time to react to move it.

As i say I may be wrong and I,m sure referees interpret it differently but I 'm sure going by the rules of the game it must be intentional.

Archived