Tynecastle Att 15259

OBE

rudi must stay
You are the best football fans in the land...ever!

wouldn't be suprised if we've added on a few fans, it certainly didn't feel like that many people

Charlie-Brown

That is the number of seats sold including season tickets - how many passed through the turnstiles I'm not sure?

portobellojambo1

Certainly may have been the crowd that was reported, but there was nowhere near that number in the ground.

Capacity is what 17,400, Roseburn was half full if that, which reduces it (17,400 - 1,500) to 15,900 immediately, large gaps in the Wheatfield, Gorgie and lower sections of the old main stand, couldn't see into the main stand. At a conservative guess I would reckon around 13,000 tops.

Pants Shaton
Certainly may have been the crowd that was reported, but there was nowhere near that number in the ground.

Capacity is what 17,400, Roseburn was half full if that, which reduces it (17,400 - 1,500) to 15,900 immediately, large gaps in the Wheatfield, Gorgie and lower sections of the old main stand, couldn't see into the main stand. At a conservative guess I would reckon around 13,000 tops.

Still pretty good.

I wonder what the crowd at Ibrox or Parkhead would be for a bottom six game against St Mirren?

Charlie-Brown
Still pretty good.

I wonder what the crowd at Ibrox or Parkhead would be for a bottom six game against St Mirren?

it used to be about 9500 at Ibrox if i remember correctly?

loveofthegame

That will have included the ST holders that didnt turn up,as every club do.

Still thought it was a gd turnout all factors considered

portobellojambo1
Still pretty good.

Difficult to determine GMAN, probably because I cannot foresee the situation arising, neither club would ever be run in a way which would create such a scenario IMO.

I suspect the real impact will have been felt in relation to the corporate side, which was almost deserted.

My hat (if I had one) is of to all of you, shame on our hierarchy.

Jambof3tornado

Does 13k include the seventeen st midden fans who bothered to come and witness 2 great goals from their players!!!;)

Clerry Jambo

Not that it really matters but I thought there was hardly 10k from my seat in Section N - but certainly nowhere near 15K

Difficult to determine GMAN, probably because I cannot foresee the situation arising, neither club would ever be run in a way which would create such a scenario IMO.

I suspect the real impact will have been felt in relation to the corporate side, which was almost deserted.

It would have been difficult for the club to market the hospitality packages for matches after the split due to the uncertainty of who we would be playing.

jambos are go!

Gladdened my Heart to see so many there. A truly inspiring experience to see the crowd get behind the yougnsters. A credit to the scarves.

portobellojambo1
It would have been difficult for the club to market the hospitality packages for matches after the split due to the uncertainty of who we would be playing.

I don't disagree in any way with what you say luckydug. I don't know how the hospitality packages are sold, i.e. if options are there to book way in advance or if it is done on a game by game basis with an announced start date for bookings, or indeed whether both options exist.

Fozzyonthefence
Gladdened my Heart to see so many there. A truly inspiring experience to see the crowd get behind the yougnsters. A credit to the scarves.

You think? It was one of the worst atmosphere's I've ever seen. Nobody seemed bothered & I don't think there was one single song from us all day.

Dirk Diggler
You think? It was one of the worst atmosphere's I've ever seen. Nobody seemed bothered & I don't think there was one single song from us all day.

I think we should have partied like it was 1999.

of course if you were a "realFAN" you would have been going long enough to know it was nowhere near the worst ever atmosphere:)

jamboinglasgow

to be fair though our crowd has gone down we dont proclaim ourselves the world's greatest fans. Lets say there was 13,000 fans then we were around 70-75% full.

We played Celtic on October 31st in a cup game (hardly something that was meaningless even if it is the CIS cup) and the attendence there was 21,492. That percentage full was 35.3%. When we played Dunfermline in a CIS game at home it had dropped to 60%. The world's best fans indeed.

I congratulate every fan who was there for turning up, if you didn't want to turn up then that's your own view as you have payed for tickets.

The Old Firm always include season ticket holders in their attendance.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't see why we shouldn't too.

Hibs would do the same if any of their fans could afford to buy one.

Only a Game
The Old Firm always include season ticket holders in their attendance.

Rightly or wrongly, I don't see why we shouldn't too.

Hibs would do the same if any of their fans could afford to buy one.

As long as they're not deluding themselves or anyone else into thinking that everythings okay because the attendances are okay then I dont care what they say the crowd figure was.

I think between 11k and 12k was the actual crowd yesterday and I'd love to know how many of those were walk ups and how many were ST holders. I'd guess that around 2000 ST holders didnt go yesterday. If thats right it has to be a real worry to the club for renewals as those 2000 had actually PAID to be there.

I'd be trying to work out how many ST holders were there and try to get some kind of feeling as to how many were there only because they had paid for it in advance.

As long as they're not deluding themselves or anyone else into thinking that everythings okay because the attendances are okay then I dont care what they say the crowd figure was.

I think between 11k and 12k was the actual crowd yesterday and I'd love to know how many of those were walk ups and how many were ST holders. I'd guess that around 2000 ST holders didnt go yesterday. If thats right it has to be a real worry to the club for renewals as those 2000 had actually PAID to be there.

I'd be trying to work out how many ST holders were there and try to get some kind of feeling as to how many were there only because they had paid for it in advance.

I'd say it was more and I completely understand your point.

I'm not trying to make this a defence but would like to point it out anyway. Celtic had half their stadium missing against Motherwell two weeks ago and still managed to sell out. Season ticket holders are always likely to stay away from crap games, one of the main benefits of a season ticket is a guarantee for the better games.

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not trying to make this a defence but would like to point it out anyway. Celtic had half their stadium missing against Motherwell two weeks ago and still managed to sell out. Season ticket holders are always likely to stay away from crap games, one of the main benefits of a season ticket is a guarantee for the better games.

Nonsense.

portobellojambo1
I think between 11k and 12k was the actual crowd yesterday

I don't think it was as low as that OAG, it was lower than usual, it was as crowds go a dead atmosphere, with many people there to discuss other aspects of what is going on around HMFC, rather than actually watch the game.

When I arrived in Gorgie Road around 13:30 I actually thought I had turned up on a non footballing day, usually a lot of people milling around, but it was deserted, at that point I actually thought achieving the crowd level you mention above was a non starter. Would also be interesting to find out how many of the people within the Roseburn Stand were there on freebie tickets, as part of this Magnificent Seven project for example, and how many of them will still come along when they, or their parents, have to dig into their pockets to find either ST money or entry money on a by match basis.

What I found more frightening came from discussions within the ground in the area I sit, where many people stated they were there because they have already paid for the seat withing their ST, but made it obvious they will not be parting with cash for ST's next season. While I expect some will change their mind possibly as the close season rolls on, I think there could be a very significant downturn in ST sales. And it seems to be people I would put in that category referred to as "hardcore" to date who are now questioning whether they want to continue parting with their cash up front, or go at all next season.

Miller Jambo 60
I don't think it was as low as that OAG, it was lower than usual, it was as crowds go a dead atmosphere, with many people there to discuss other aspects of what is going on around HMFC, rather than actually watch the game.

When I arrived in Gorgie Road around 13:30 I actually thought I had turned up on a non footballing day, usually a lot of people milling around, but it was deserted, at that point I actually thought achieving the crowd level you mention above was a non starter. Would also be interesting to find out how many of the people within the Roseburn Stand were there on freebie tickets, as part of this Magnificent Seven project for example, and how many of them will still come along when they, or their parents, have to dig into their pockets to find either ST money or entry money on a by match basis.

What I found more frightening came from discussions within the ground in the area I sit, where many people stated they were there because they have already paid for the seat withing their ST, but made it obvious they will not be parting with cash for ST's next season. While I expect some will change their mind possibly as the close season rolls on, I think there could be a very significant downturn in ST sales. And it seems to be people I would put in that category referred to as "hardcore" to date who are now questioning whether they want to continue parting with their cash up front, or go at all next season.

Still glad i never went, as i would have walked out when st Celtic scored.

winston churchill

it was great yesterday,only 5 minutes to get out the ground and served straight away in the pub.

Nonsense.

How?

Rangers and Celtic season ticket holders do it all the time.

And how would you explain some of the games in the two seasons previous to this one where we constantly sold out but crowds appeared smaller for games against the likes of St. Mirren, Kilmarnock and Motherwell?

For my usual seat in the Gorgie Stand, there's a guy who sits next to me and my dad who only goes to half the games but always makes it for the bigger ones.

was it just me or did the hospitality section look deserted ?

Yeah, there was about 6 people there.

Drylaw Hearts
How?

Rangers and Celtic season ticket holders do it all the time.

And how would you explain some of the games in the two seasons previous to this one where we constantly sold out but crowds appeared smaller for games against the likes of St. Mirren, Kilmarnock and Motherwell?

For my usual seat in the Gorgie Stand, there's a guy who sits next to me and my dad who only goes to half the games but always makes it for the bigger ones.

The attendence yesterday tell me that the vast majority of ST holders went to a crap game.

They will also attend the last 2 home games which will probably be crap.

A ST holder is more likely to attend a crap game than not.

ToadKiller Dog

The attendence yesterday does not say much about what it will be next season that will more likely depend on what happens off the field.

a better crowd than there will be at any of the 3rd place battles between ,hobos,arabs and well,look at the empty spaces at tannadice

The attendence yesterday tell me that the vast majority of ST holders went to a crap game.

They will also attend the last 2 home games which will probably be crap.

A ST holder is more likely to attend a crap game than not.

The official attendance was bollocks though. We had to have been counting then number of tickets sold and not the actual crowd there. I'd guess there were around 12 and a half thousand there. We have 13,000 season ticket holders and there were a fair few people in the Roseburn (not season ticket holders) and the away fans.

Where you at the game?

As for your second point, of course they are more likely to go than not, I never said that. What I said is that if season ticket holders are going to skip days because they feel they have something better to do or are still cooling off from a depressing AGM then they are much more likely not to go to the smaller games.

Drylaw Hearts
The official attendance was bollocks though. We had to have been counting then number of tickets sold and not the actual crowd there. I'd guess there were around 12 and a half thousand there. We have 13,000 season ticket holders and there were a fair few people in the Roseburn (not season ticket holders) and the away fans.

Where you at the game?

As for your second point, of course they are more likely to go than not, I never said that. What I said is that if season ticket holders are going to skip days because they feel they have something better to do or are still cooling off from a depressing AGM then they are much more likely not to go to the smaller games.

Firstly,

Yes I was at the game.

Secondly,

With regards to your last point..........

This is what you said :

portobellojambo1
The attendance yesterday does not say much about what it will be like next season, that will more likely depend on what happens off the field.

I agree with the above, yesterday in no way reflected what next season's gates will be like, you cannot get away from the fact that many people having purchased a ST up front are likely to make use of it even if they do not like what is happening around the club.

The true test will come in relation to actual ST's sold for next season. People who go along on a pay as you go basis, and I am talking about people who have to pay to get into these games, and not those the club are presently throwing free tickets and shirts at, are more likely not to go if they don't like what they are seeing. I was speaking to someone yesterday who is a shareholder, who was in conversation with a club offcial after the AGM and asked how ST sales were going, the base answer was "not good".

While it remains early I think many people normally do renew as soon as they can, and as early as they can to get any benefits going, this does not appear to be happening this time round. People will renew over the course of the close season, but what actually happens during the close season will play a huge part, no manager with total freedom, no new players to boost the squad and this will influence the decision of many who are possibly in the "maybe" camp.

Drylaw Hearts
Ah, apologies. Thought I wrote more likely, that was a typo.

Ah.

It was nonsense then !

:P

Ah.

It was nonsense then !

:P

Yeah.

Unintentional nonsense. Brought on by my lack of ability at typing when I'm ****ed.

crazy_jambo_2006

For any team to include all season tickets (even unused ones) when announcing the attendance is a farce. Apparently all clubs do this? Farce

I couldn?t make it and TBH didn?t regret it too much, until Glen scored...My empty ST seat will probably have been counted.

Archived