Well, looks like we atre being fingered.......

sinbad

Rudi Hates Hibees

Who are Orion?

Orion Group

Alan Savage was the director in question, but a quick google search suggests it never happened. Although at the time I'm pretty sure the local paper ran with a story praising him for personally backing the club. I might be mistaken but I'm also sure not long after this he became chairman at ICT.

ToadKiller Dog

Wasn't Desmond said to be responsible for paying a large chunk of the wages that brought the likes of the Keanes to Celtic out of his own pocket ? Sure that was said at the time .

Rudi Hates Hibees

Orion Group

Alan Savage was the director in question, but a quick google search suggests it never happened. Although at the time I'm pretty sure the local paper ran with a story praising him for personally backing the club. I might be mistaken but I'm also sure not long after this he became chairman at ICT.

Turns out I got a tad mixed up Savage was Chairman before hand but said he would cover wages even after he resigned from the post.

My link

Although the whole deal was denied shortly after that.

My link

Unsure of the legality of this...but I would assume that so long as tax was paid there isn't a problem with a director paying in money to his company which is only to be used in a specific way (paying the wage of top talent).

Was there not a similar thing arranged for bringing John Robertson back from Newcastle, did some Fruit and Veg magnate not pay his wages, or something like that.

Don't really see a problem if it is all declared to the SPl then it's not a dual contract (as long as there is just the one contract) and that any taxes etc are correctly paid.

Archived