GTA IV Lazlow Speaks.

hughesie27

Yea, I thought it would be a loose cable.

I figured out how to get it hooked up. But it failed the MTU test saying that XBL would be up after 5 tonight. Will try again just now.

It's 6 apparently, what's your gamertag?

Durdmeister
Right, I've not ordered the game from anywhere. Whats my best chance at getting the game as early as possible?

http://www.gameseek.co.uk

selling it for ?50 and claiming to send it out on friday? some still available!

My worries are over got an email from GAME saying they are taking the money out of my account tomorrow and releases the game for packing to make sure i recieve it for Tuesday due to the amount they have to send out.Will have to wait on Parcelforce though so anytime between 9am-6pm i'll be waiting on it and i have to work nightshift tht night.

Just coneected to XBL again but at the NAT test it comes up with moderate. Now like I said ealier I jsut got a new router but the wirless router I used before the RROD is the same and it worked previously so what is the problem?

Durdmeister
Just coneected to XBL again but at the NAT test it comes up with moderate. Now link I said ealier I jsut got a new router but the wirless router I used before the RROD is the same and it worked previously so what is the problem?

Im having exactly the same problem right now...seems everything is ok but i cant get on xbox live for more than a few seconds...really annoying me:evilno:

Hopefully just a problem a lot of peopel are having then.

When I go through all the check the XBL one take ages to confirm.

Gimme an H...

Is anyone having problems playing COD 4 online at the moment?

Keeps saying :confused:Xbox Live is unavailiable at this time?

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/best-reasons-to-play-gta-iv-on-xbox-360/

I'm all for the both consoles but the majority of stuff in this article is pi5h.

I'm personally getting the ps3 version as most of my mates are online with the ps3.

The 2 good reasons to buy the 360 version over the ps3 version is the communication optiosn of Live and the upcoming DLC.

Other than that they are pretty much identical

This article states such reasons as ;

Xbox 360 controller is pimp

Sony just released its rumble supported DualShock 3 and it pales in comparison to Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller, which not only feels great in the hands, but also allows us to use a rechargeable battery pack or two standard issue AA batteries. Furthermore, the cord that tethers the controller to the machine is long, letting us sit comfortably on the couch. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than the short USB cable Sony gave us. Sorry, but we prefer to have options when we're murdering polygonal people.

Surely this is just down to personal preferance, I have a dual shock 3 and it works great.

We already own HD cables

PlayStation 3 is supposed to be future proof and lead the high definition charge. You can imagine our surprise when we opened the box and discovered that the system doesn't come with HD cables. Say what? At least the Xbox 360 premium and elite bundles come with the necessary equipment, whereas we had to go and purchase separate cables to enjoy the PS3. Considering the money needed to buy a PS3 and GTA IV alone, we'll stick with the 360.

A HDMI cable is ?8.00, the one thing that annoyed me when I bought my 360 is that I had to shell out ?69.99 for a wireless adapter.

GTA IV may eat our hard drives

Word on the street is that the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV has a mandatory five-minute install. That's not bad. It's the mystery hard drive space that has us worried. Numerous PS3 games need multiple gigabytes in order to run, and quite frankly, we hate developers/publishers for doing this. Don't they realize that we need that precious space for music, movies and "special moment" pics? Not even the mighty GTA IV will get us to delete those naughty clips. Xbox 360 wins again.

The vast majority of 360's contain 20gb hard drives while the elite has 120gb, the PS3 has a 40gb or 60gb hard drive included. It is true that certain PS3 games require installation that can be a few GB'S this is due to the slower read times of blu-ray lasers compared to dvd's this will improve with time though and can be fixed via firmware updates. Now if you wish to update your 360 hard drive to a 120GB from your standard 20GB this will cost you ?129.99 this is an absurd cost for a hard drive but as Microsoft wont allow you to install your own hard drive you have to take it. Sony on the other hand allow you to upgrade your hard drive whenever you wish without voiding your warranty, you can easily pick up a 320GB 2.5" SATA HDD for ?89.19.

My opinion

I won't be viewing videos on youtube or going on GTA forums once the game is released. Just wait and try it tomorrow, should be alright.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/868/868124p1.html

GTA week on IGN.

With you on most of what you say Jimmy Lad although im getting the 360 version.But the installs on the PS3 are a joke and alot of them are about 4gig.So thats 10 games well less than that as your PS3 needs space for other stuff on a 40g machine.It's no problem for me as most games i complete and trade in but others like to keep them.

Guest GhostHunter

I gave with CoD4 online last night...sussed it out you could only join a game with players you had already played with yesterday, and who had the open invitation to join game in session.

jack D and coke
http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/galleries/best-reasons-to-play-gta-iv-on-xbox-360/

I'm all for the both consoles but the majority of stuff in this article is pi5h.

I'm personally getting the ps3 version as most of my mates are online with the ps3.

The 2 good reasons to buy the 360 version over the ps3 version is the communication optiosn of Live and the upcoming DLC.

Other than that they are pretty much identical

This article states such reasons as ;

Xbox 360 controller is pimp

Sony just released its rumble supported DualShock 3 and it pales in comparison to Microsoft's Xbox 360 controller, which not only feels great in the hands, but also allows us to use a rechargeable battery pack or two standard issue AA batteries. Furthermore, the cord that tethers the controller to the machine is long, letting us sit comfortably on the couch. It's a hell of a lot more convenient than the short USB cable Sony gave us. Sorry, but we prefer to have options when we're murdering polygonal people.

Surely this is just down to personal preferance, I have a dual shock 3 and it works great.

We already own HD cables

PlayStation 3 is supposed to be future proof and lead the high definition charge. You can imagine our surprise when we opened the box and discovered that the system doesn't come with HD cables. Say what? At least the Xbox 360 premium and elite bundles come with the necessary equipment, whereas we had to go and purchase separate cables to enjoy the PS3. Considering the money needed to buy a PS3 and GTA IV alone, we'll stick with the 360.

A HDMI cable is ?8.00, the one thing that annoyed me when I bought my 360 is that I had to shell out ?69.99 for a wireless adapter.

GTA IV may eat our hard drives

Word on the street is that the PS3 version of Grand Theft Auto IV has a mandatory five-minute install. That's not bad. It's the mystery hard drive space that has us worried. Numerous PS3 games need multiple gigabytes in order to run, and quite frankly, we hate developers/publishers for doing this. Don't they realize that we need that precious space for music, movies and "special moment" pics? Not even the mighty GTA IV will get us to delete those naughty clips. Xbox 360 wins again.

The vast majority of 360's contain 20gb hard drives while the elite has 120gb, the PS3 has a 40gb or 60gb hard drive included. It is true that certain PS3 games require installation that can be a few GB'S this is due to the slower read times of blu-ray lasers compared to dvd's this will improve with time though and can be fixed via firmware updates. Now if you wish to update your 360 hard drive to a 120GB from your standard 20GB this will cost you ?129.99 this is an absurd cost for a hard drive but as Microsoft wont allow you to install your own hard drive you have to take it. Sony on the other hand allow you to upgrade your hard drive whenever you wish without voiding your warranty, you can easily pick up a 320GB 2.5" SATA HDD for ?89.19.

My opinion

It is nonsense for a hard drive ?130 but when the ps3's gta experience is over 360 owners will be looking forward to another 20-30 hours of the game and frankly that swings it for me. No mgs or gran turismo's can make up for that imo!

Still gettng the 'moderate' on that NAT test.

Any help?

The 360 is in the same position as it always was so don't see why it would only be moderate now...

That thing about the 360 coming with HD cables, yeh great, if you didnt happen to buy one before they had HDMI ports...like me. I'm going for PS3 version at launch, if the extra content is soooooo good, i'll buy the 360 version IF I eventually get to the end of the PS3 version.

Having had the ring of death before, i'm not risking it for GTA launch

Any help regarding my problem?

I read something about forwarding the ports?

My modem is a scientific atlanta and the wireless router is a linksys wrtg54 or something.

Any help regarding my problem?

I read something about forwarding the ports?

My modem is a scientific atlanta and the wireless router is a linksys wrtg54 or something.

Is xbox live working ok for everyone else.Sorry aint be on for awhile.But i had a problem with my nat settings a while ago probably around about Christmas time but then a few days later the port was open.Check out the forums or do a google search about setting your nat settings to open there are a few walkthroughs for netgear and linksy routers im sure.

jack D and coke
Is xbox live working ok for everyone else.Sorry aint be on for awhile.But i had a problem with my nat settings a while ago probably around about Christmas time but then a few days later the port was open.Check out the forums or do a google search about setting your nat settings to open there are a few walkthroughs for netgear and linksy routers im sure.

I was on last night for an hour or so and everything was workin awright for me.

UnworthyPapaLazaru
Burning GTAIV right now as we speak.

50% burned, man time is slowing down :D

Tut tut!

Well, it must be done now, what do you think (no spoilers!)?

I went onto COD 4 jsut now and got into an online amtch fine.The NAT test was also 'open' but it still won't sing me into xbox live (even though I can play online) which seems weird.

I went onto COD 4 jsut now and got into an online amtch fine.The NAT test was also 'open' but it still won't sing me into xbox live (even though I can play online) which seems weird.

Have you just got your 360 back from Microsoft ?

If so you have to got into your settings or something like that and set your 360 to auto sign in.It done that with me when i got my 360 back done my nut in for weeks.

Just read on IGN's new article on the Multiplayer that you can call any player during a match on there mobile phone and talk to them alone. You could pretend that you are on their team apparently.

Haven't pre-ordered this.. anyone know the best way to get the game as quickly as possible? I'm not 18 so going to Tescos at midnight isn't really possible..

Try getting the special edition pre ordered. OR go into GAME etc and ask if you pre order now will you definitely be able to walk in on Tuesday and get it (they will have recieved their stock of the game by now so will know how much they have compared to the amount of pre orders they have.

Archived