Behind the scenes at the 102nd AGM: Your thoughts please

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Dear all,

As the dust begins to settle on the 102nd AGM (the '1 oh 2'), I'd like to gauge your thoughts on what was, or might have been said behind closed doors; or perhaps even, what was running through the minds of the people involved.

What were folks’ opinions of Campbell Ogilvie's body language at the AGM?

What do you think was going Campbell’s his mind as Roman Romanov made a James Blunt of himself?

What could Campbell have said or done about it?

What would Sergie Fed have thought/said of Roman's performance?

Why exactly did Roman act in such a bullish, arrogant, paranoid, evasive manner?

Will word get back to 'you know who'?

Will Vlad be thinking "that's my boy"?

Will Roman be allowed to embarrass himself next year?

If not, who will take the chair?

What was said/thrown between the three directors in the immediate aftermath of the meeting?

Was Sergie’s online interview planned or was it ‘damage limitation’?

What do you think Chaz ‘the’ Mann reported back to Vlad?

What did you make of the long winded 'questions/life stories’ from the floor?

Who let the dogs out?

Buffalo Bill

Ryan Gosling

Post-AGM I'm willing to bet someone like Varanavicius, Charlie Mann or even Sergejus himself logged onto here, saw the reaction and said to Romanov - 'We have to fix this, big free interview on the site, and fix what your idiot son has done'.

Post-AGM I'm willing to bet someone like Varanavicius, Charlie Mann or even Sergejus himself logged onto here, saw the reaction and said to Romanov - 'We have to fix this, big free interview on the site, and fix what your idiot son has done'.

Think you might be over-estimating the importance of JKB in the minds of this regime.

jamboinglasgow
Dear all,

As the dust begins to settle on the 102nd AGM (the '1 oh 2'), I'd like to gauge your thoughts on what was, or might have been said behind closed doors; or perhaps even, what was running through the minds of the people involved.

What were folks? opinions of Campbell Ogilvie's body language at the AGM?

What do you think was going Campbell?s his mind as Roman Romanov made a James Blunt of himself?

Why exactly did Roman act in such a bullish, arrogant, paranoid, evasive manner?

What was said/thrown between the three directors in the immediate aftermath of the meeting?

Was Sergie?s online interview planned or was it ?damage limitation??

What do you think Chaz ?the? Mann reported back to Vlad?

What did you make of the long winded 'questions/life stories? from the floor?

Who let the dogs out?

Buffalo Bill

my thinking is next year Roman Romanov will not be allowed to speak at the 103rd AGM, special orders from his father. RR will be off to work in Bosnia.

Ryan Gosling
Think you might be over-estimating the importance of JKB in the minds of this regime.

You're right - I think they probably just told Vladimir without even reading here that his son was an idiot.

Templeton Peck

Wasn't there or saw what happened. One thing i'm sure of is.......

Hearts are keeping Campbell in office until a SFA job opens up (Chairman)

BB

I understand where you're coming from but Vlad/Rodney need only be asked some very simple questions :

What were the aims of the club (aka Vlad)f or this season ? were those aims met ?

If not , why not , and what is Vlad/Rodney doing about it ?

If they were met who was rewarded for it ?

On the 'new manager' front : if the club has indeed interviewed ANYONE for the managers job why is it that the media have not reported a single case of Hearts approaching any manager in situ ? The only conclusion I can draw is we are being lied to or HMFC have only interviewed managers who are on the dole. In any case , thanks for nothing Vlad. I'm fed up being taken for a mug (I refer to my letter to Rodney Romanov in 2006).

Good luck with the new stadium.

I hope it works out for you.

In the meantime , if you can't be bothered to come to the AGM , I can't be bothered to watch your crappy players.

maroonedinoz
my thinking is next year Roman Romanov will not be allowed to speak at the 103rd AGM, special orders from his father. RR will be off to work in Bosnia.

Your confident that there will BE a next year then I take it...

I believe a major point is being missed.

Sitting far away this AGM sounded like the oldest trick in the book of how to have a meeting without answering some million pound questions and it worked.I can remember during the 70s and going to union meetings and the special speakers asking questions at the front of the room(ring any bells).Then the meeting would get chaotic and finished. Ok Roman made a fool of himself and the club, but if i was his father i would have said overall he done a good job.

Where was the answers to the ?3.6m tranfers,how did the wage bill increase by ?2.5m

These where the questions they didn't want to answer.

I think overall Vlad had a very good AGM

Dear all,

What do you think was going Campbell?s his mind as Roman Romanov made a James Blunt of himself?

Who let the dogs out?

Buffalo Bill

BB

Know for a fact that each member of the top table were to answer questions concerning their pre-arranged remit i.e UBIG - SF, Manager/Stand - CO etc.... and RR was told in no uncertain terms not to atagonise the shareholders.

Hearts PR were horrified at the AGM and if that clown RR is allowed their next year I will gladly swing for him.

Anyway BB - did you catch me on BBC. Young handsome chap - my media training at work finally came into play. :P

portobellojambo1
Dear all,

Who let the dogs out?

Buffalo Bill

Wasn't at the AGM BB, but from information I have gathered on here, through colleagues at work that were there, and via emails/phone calls yesterday I am not in the slightest bit surprised at what happened.

Vladimir Romanov, in the guise of his son, avoided answering difficult questions about Hearts, from fans of that club. Halle fecking lullah, what is new in that, they do not want difficult questions, in fact they do not want any questions, they want blind, simple obedience (I refer you to the manner in which they have dismissed various employees of the club, which is a decent starting point).

Roman Romanov treated the club, Hearts fans, Scottish football in general with contempt, acted in an arrogant manner, and people are surprised, I am not sure why.

What does Heart of Midlothian Football Football Club mean to Roman Romanov, simple answer , nothing. What do Hearts fans mean to said person, nothing, their money is important, but as people they are nothing.

What was on display yesterday was a glaikit fecking bawbag who is way out of his depth, cares not a jot about the institution he was effectively there representing as acting CEO, cares not for fans of that institution who are worried about the financial aspects of the club, and the levels of debt we find ourselves in, these are questions that simply should not be asked, they would not be asked in Lithuania or Russia, so why the feck should Scottish people think they have a right to ask such questions. It is all about total obedience.

As for Campbell Ogilvie, the feedback I got was that if he had had a shovel with him, he would have dug a hole in the floor of The Gorgie Suite and crawled out through it.

I am surprised Roman Romanov was still in the position at the conclusion of the meeting, I cannot say why at this stage, but it was another lie.

Drylaw Hearts
Dear all,

He clearly felt uncomfortable.

"I wish I'd taken that job with the SFA."

In all honesty - nothing. I don't think he can say anything with 100% confidence at the moment.

"What an erse".

Like Father, like Son.

Definitely.

Definitely.

This must surely be his last !!

Toughy. Probably Fedetovas.

Probably nothing to do with Hearts.

I would say planned. They will have known it was not going to be a good AGM.

Pass.

Too long and drawn out. The questions were mixed in amongst opinions, a history lesson and comparisons to other clubs.

Who let the dogs out?

The Baha Men.

My opinions of The Romanovs has reached a new, much lower, level after another shambolic AGM.

What is abundantly obvious is that Roman Romanov does not care about this Club one teeny tiny little bit.

If he was being honest with himself he would admit he doesn't want to be here, he would rather be elsewhere - permanently.

He doesn't have the balls to resign though.

Another coward amongst the ranks.

I honestly feel that RR has had enough of Hearts.

A silver spooned little upstart that doesnae like having to deal with the plebs.

It sounds like he totally resented having to be there yesterday.

The sooner someone advises VR to get him to **** out of it the better.

Dear all,

Who let the dogs out?

Buffalo Bill

your post reminded me of the american comedy show 'SOAP'.

our club is the only show in town and it's owner is giving hearts fans the finger. romanov, and his puppets including brodie and ogilvie are so out of touch with the feelings of the fans that they are a disgrace to the club we all love. if these men thought anything for our club they'd act like men instead of cowering wimps.

i wasn't at the AGM because of work but from what i've read of the goings on it really doesn't surprise me that our fans and club are owned and controlled by men who have no honour.

I believe a major point is being missed.

Sitting far away this AGM sounded like the oldest trick in the book of how to have a meeting without answering some million pound questions and it worked.I can remember during the 70s and going to union meetings and the special speakers asking questions at the front of the room(ring any bells).Then the meeting would get chaotic and finished. Ok Roman made a fool of himself and the club, but if i was his father i would have said overall he done a good job.

Where was the answers to the ?3.6m tranfers,how did the wage bill increase by ?2.5m

These where the questions they didn't want to answer.

I think overall Vlad had a very good AGM

Good post. From what I've heard about the AGM it was exactly this.

No answers on the big questions.

Buffalo Bill

Thanks for your responses so far.

I wanted this thread to have a more speculative and retrospective angle from the main AGM thread.

It's a baffling situation, and I left yesterday shaking my head (with rage) at Roman's quite unbelievable performance.

Campbell, a great guy in my opinion: he looked simply mortified. Sergie, who has more class in his side parting than Roman has in his whole family tried to put a brave face on it, but even he looked embarrassed during the Hearts' TV interview.

I guess the one thing we can hope for now is that Roman, as hinted by Vlad, will never darken Tynecastle?s door again.

The man is a complete charlatan.

Buffalo Bill (HMFC to the grave).

Campbell, a great guy in my opinion: he looked simply mortified. Sergie, who has more class in his side parting than Roman has in his whole family tried to put a brave face on it, but even he looked embarrassed during the Hearts' TV interview.

I guess the one thing we can hope for now is that Roman, as hinted by Vlad, will never darken Tynecastle?s door again.

The man is a complete charlatan.

Buffalo Bill (HMFC to the grave).

To have a possible future President of the SFA sitting next to some bampot spouting off about 'Scottish football being fixed' (FTR - he's right :)) can't have been good for CO's health.

Any other MD of a business would have passed RR the revolver this morning.

To have a possible future President of the SFA sitting next to some bampot spouting off about 'Scottish football being fixed' (FTR - he's right :)) can't have been good for CO's health.

Any other MD of a business would have passed RR the revolver this morning.

Exactly.

CO must wonder WTF he is a part of.

Charlie-Brown

Scottish football is corrupted & biased in favour of the Old Firm however that is not the reason we are cr@p although it doesn't help anyone outside the Old Firm.

Buffalo Bill

A smart move for Hearts would be to issue an apology.

Buffalo Bill

portobellojambo1
A smart move for Hearts would be to issue an apology.

Buffalo Bill

I was hoping for something more permanent BB, like RR being brought out into the centre circle today along with two unknowns dressed in black, the crowd being told to shut their eyes, a loud bang then being heard, quickly followed by Scott Wilson telling us the name of the new CEO, then going straight into the birthday requests.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Lets not kid ourselves, the Romanov's are the bosses.

If we were run by professionals, yesterdays embarassment would not have been allowed to happen in such a manner.

Right now, businesses all over the world have AGM's going on and have to at least present a picture of confidence to their shareholders in order to ease concerns.

I cannot believe that Sergei and Campbell would have allowed such a farce to be played out if they had any real say. They are no-marks, face it. Bag carriers.

The Romanov's do not even have the sense to TRY and attempt to put on a more acceptable face in front of our supporters. That speaks volumes. It says that they just do not care.

We are fecked.

Can you think of any other business in the world other than football where a chairman could get away with dealing with the shareholders in such a manner?. just showed utter contempt for an institution that is our club.

Right now, businesses all over the world have AGM's going on and have to at least present a picture of confidence to their shareholders in order to ease concerns.

Yip.

And they could have done that in relation to a number of different areas yeterday.

Instead, he chose to resort to silly jokes & insults.

****ing terrible.

john brownlee

Maybe you just got what you deserved

Plonkers

I'm going to day and I'm renewing

Hearts supporter my ecky your just greeting faced towrags

away and support the hobos or better still if you want a winning team to foolow go to hunbox .

BTW the Romanovs have put far more into the great club than any of you lot

for that alone I will support him and his stewardship of the club

and as for you moanin minnies Hearts would be better of without you

Plonkers

away and support the hobos or better still if you want a winning team to foolow go to hunbox .

Are you not moaning about the moaners though?

I think Hearts would be better off without the moaners about the moaners.

Plonkers

Cue abuse.

I am sick of the same mouthpieces on here telling me what I should and shouln't do. Not a day goes by without another thread.

I will support my team/club thank you.

I actively protested 3 years ago and felt so let down by 90% of fans that it still hurts to this day.

Therefore I feel you reap what you sow.

Charlie-Brown

Boycotts were totally ineffective in Robinson's time so what has changed now - money buys power in football nothing else - even at Man Utd - look how futile their fans protests were - same at Liverpool.

Guest casper
Boycotts were totally ineffective in Robinson's time so what has changed now - money buys power in football nothing else - even at Man Utd - look how futile their fans protests were - same at Liverpool.

Think you're missing the point.

Fans will be happy no matter who is in control as long as the club are doing well, and Man U certainly are, or at least giving it their best shot. As for Liverpool, all the bad press is coming FROM the board room and owners.

All I want to see is my club doing it's best - right now, it's not.

Keep in mind that Hearts are just one piece of Vlad's business jigsaw. he is grooming young Roman for better things, at our expense. Dad's advice to Roman was probably something like: "if the going gets tough at the AGM, just blame the referees, that's what I do".

Is anyone surprised at this turn of events? As one shareholder commented as he left the meeting, it's just more of the same.

Plonkers

Not really getting this. How can we get what we deserve on one hand.....and I'd assume you are talking about a retarded chairman......while on the other you fully support the regime?

Surely you think the way Roman behaves is bang on and as nobody else does then we ain't getting jack sh*t?

With a debt pushing the ?40m mark, close to double what it was when they took over I fail to see what the Romanov's have put into Hearts.

They've taken quite a lot of p*ss though.

BB

Know for a fact that each member of the top table were to answer questions concerning their pre-arranged remit i.e UBIG - SF, Manager/Stand - CO etc.... and RR was told in no uncertain terms not to atagonise the shareholders.

Hearts PR were horrified at the AGM and if that clown RR is allowed their next year I will gladly swing for him.

Anyway BB - did you catch me on BBC. Young handsome chap - my media training at work finally came into play. :P

Are you one of the voices?....who are the rest???:rolleyes:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7355111.stm

Buffalo Bill

Plonkers

We were having a mature discussion about Hearts. That?s what a forum like Kickback is all about, isn?t it?

However, I thank you for your contribution. Your opinion matters.

Buffalo Bill

Plonkers

You serious ?

:eek:

Terrible Trio

form an orderly queue please

Drylaw Hearts

Plonkers

You are without doubt the worst poster on this forum.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
You are without doubt the worst poster on this forum.

He is predictable yes.

But I have a soft spot for him.

He may have "assisted" one of my brother's Bootneck buddies off Dartmoor once.

Not my brother of course. He needed no one's help on the Nutcracker...

Father Tiresias

Plonkers

You truely are a slaverin' erse!!!

Hagar the Horrible

Back to the real subject?

The Fedotovas interview on HW mad very quickly after the AGM looked designed to clarify points that Rodders failed to do?

Feds body languague was interesting he kept looking at his feet which questions were being asked (mark of insecurity) however unless he is trained on how to lie (ex KGB?) then for the most part he looked confident with the answers? some even quite animated? going for a new manager was one, the stadia another? however where he stuttered and looked uncomfortable with the answer was on will the new manager be allowed to bring in his own playing staff (words to that effect) Fed was talking a bit around the houses and reading between the lines Vlad will bring in the players and the manager will only be a coach? what does every body else think??????

Ryan Gosling
Back to the real subject?

The Fedotovas interview on HW mad very quickly after the AGM looked designed to clarify points that Rodders failed to do?

Feds body languague was interesting he kept looking at his feet which questions were being asked (mark of insecurity) however unless he is trained on how to lie (ex KGB?) then for the most part he looked confident with the answers? some even quite animated? going for a new manager was one, the stadia another? however where he stuttered and looked uncomfortable with the answer was on will the new manager be allowed to bring in his own playing staff (words to that effect) Fed was talking a bit around the houses and reading between the lines Vlad will bring in the players and the manager will only be a coach? what does every body else think??????

In his defence, he could have been looking at the floor so he could concentrate on what Lawrence was saying as English isn't his native tongue.

Hagar the Horrible

I did consider that as well as he did formulate the answers very carefully and did not look like he was lying?

I was hoping for something more permanent BB, like RR being brought out into the centre circle today along with two unknowns dressed in black, the crowd being told to shut their eyes, a loud bang then being heard, quickly followed by Scott Wilson telling us the name of the new CEO, then going straight into the birthday requests.

Nice scenario PJ1.

You missed one thing though.

Which part of the scenario would Scott Wilson say..... lets make some noise.

john brownlee
He is predictable yes.

But I have a soft spot for him.

He may have "assisted" one of my brother's Bootneck buddies off Dartmoor once.

Not my brother of course. He needed no one's help on the Nutcracker...

not just Dartmoor

thanks

:5643::5643::5643::5643:

PS I enjoyed the game on Saturday and it was great because I had five empty seats just in front of me and they are usually filled with greetin faced torags I was great to go through a match and not have to put up with these so called fans booing and name calling Hearts players usually the foreign players If its fans like that don't turn up then I for one will be happy with the reduced attendances

I have one question:

Who would you trust to reflect the thoughts and mindset of Vladimir Romanov better:

1. Someone linked to him by blood, ie his son

2. Someone paid by him to make positive sound bites

?

Its clear to me family Romanov was fully represented with Roman

Its clear to me that the "tell them what they want to hear" clean up operation was simply spin

I dont know if anyone is acquainted with Yes Minister or Yes Prime Minister?

Anyway the AGM sounded like classic incompetent individual A telling it how it is, with spin doctor B telling lies in a smooth professional and believable way to pull the wool over everyones eyes

Goodness me.

So much ignorance and low intellect in one post.

Summed up no more than in this sentence.

How much hard cash has Romanov put into the club?

As I see it his relationship with us has simply allowed him to increase our credit to the extent that our overdraft is doubled.....

....without any footballing benefit whatsoever

Archived