The Official Friday Night Good Time HMFC Thread

Guest hoggis

Guest hoggis

Ok. Its been a tough old day.Lets do what Fridays are made for.Humour and anecdotes.I know its going to be tough but chuck the past year and a half to the back of your mind and lets have your all time favourite/enjoyable jambo memory.Mine may be not so stand outish but when Baird and Millar scored at Darkheid in 1990/91 season,thats when i really knew what being a jambo meant. Square heid scored with about 5 mins to go but for once we held on. And i make no apologies,amongst this well deserved doom and gloom,for hanging on to what HMFC mean to me.Any more obscure ones welcome.

chester copperpot
Ok. Its been a tough old day.Lets do what Fridays are made for.Humour and anecdotes.I know its going to be tough but chuck the past year and a half to the back of your mind and lets have your all time favourite/enjoyable jambo memory.Mine may be not so stand outish but when Baird and Millar scored at Darkheid in 1990/91 season,thats when i really knew what being a jambo meant. Square heid scored with about 5 mins to go but for once we held on. And i make no apologies,amongst this well deserved doom and gloom,for hanging on to what HMFC mean to me.Any more obscure ones welcome.

Rather enjoyed our final whistle in the 1-0 versus Clydebank game in '86. As a 12 year old child, it was the first time I'd ever experienced a really really nervous experience about football. Up till then, I was pretty happy the way we were playing that we would walk it after our 'Wee run' that we had.

Fair enough that was shattered a wee while later, but rather enjoyed that final whistle.

Also 98, 06 and the CL final whistle's were pretty special. Actually 98 was way better than Clydebank in 86, but you catch my drift aye.

Im fed up with the other threads, so well done for having the orchestra's to start this in the first place.

Guest hoggis

Cheers mate.

I remember the clydebank game.Wasnt at it due to my old man not taking me to 'big games' at the time.but will never forget him staggering in the door.I said 'were we good dad?'. He said .No,we were crap but i got you a wee pressie'. and produced The Hearts Song on a 45 record complete with squad poster.Was over the moon.Still got it.Loved that team.

Does anyone remember playing Cowdenbeath at Tynie, i think it was a season or so after 98, and having to go to penalties to beat them? In fact it might even have been before 98, and it might not even be Cowdenbeath, it was someone really bad tho.

I vaguely remember Mccann scoring a penalty, and i think Beckford might have been playing?

Dont know why i thought of that, it just popped into my head the now there.

:107years:The "fat striker " scoring at Fester Road is a great memory as is 4 0 and 22 ina row and 17 in a row but my abiding derby memory is HIS first goal at Tynie after his return from Newcastle I was at the back of the shed and ended up at the front >!!!What a bounce!!!!!:107years::107years::107years:

Same season - 3-0 away win at Tannadice, wee Robbo scored a rocket and the Hearts support were amazing that day. I remember one wee toddler being picked up by a Hearts sub behind the net as the fans came on to celebrate one of the goals!

Happy days!

Does anyone remember playing Cowdenbeath at Tynie, i think it was a season or so after 98, and having to go to penalties to beat them? In fact it might even have been before 98, and it might not even be Cowdenbeath, it was someone really bad tho.

I vaguely remember Mccann scoring a penalty, and i think Beckford might have been playing?

Stenhousemuir???? or Ross County???

Same season - 3-0 away win at Tannadice, wee Robbo scored a rocket and the Hearts support were amazing that day. I remember one wee toddler being picked up by a Hearts sub behind the net as the fans came on to celebrate one of the goals!

Happy days!

feck just remembered that .that was the day I thought.........

Guest hoggis

Happy days!

Aye mate. Ive got it on video. He lost his dad . Erchie macpherson commentated on it. Wonder what happened to the wee laddie.Bet hes on here ingocnito!! Mind you,that was another 'big game, i wasnt allowed at!! Was at Bayern home though.Remember it was a tenner with no kiddie tickets.Lot of money back then.My old man made sure i was there though..In the gorgie end.That was some sway when fergie scored.The shed looked just magic.:)

Aye mate. Ive got it on video. He lost his dad . Erchie macpherson commentated on it. Wonder what happened to the wee laddie.Bet hes on here ingocnito!! Mind you,that was another 'big game, i wasnt allowed at!! Was at Bayern home though.Remember it was a tenner with no kiddie tickets.Lot of money back then.My old man made sure i was there though..In the gorgie end.That was some sway when fergie scored.The shed looked just magic.:)

One of the hardest shots I've ever seen - from "Shoot" Fergie!!

One of the hardest shots I've ever seen - from "Shoot" Fergie!!

met him in Union Street Glasgow about 3 years ago and shook his hand and said"thanks for the memory" he just looked at me blankly b4 I explained ,he then said it was one of his best memories and I bet he has a few !!:P

Guest hoggis
:107years:The "fat striker " scoring at Fester Road is a great memory as is 4 0 and 22 ina row and 17 in a row but my abiding derby memory is HIS first goal at Tynie after his return from Newcastle I was at the back of the shed and ended up at the front >!!!What a bounce!!!!!:107years::107years::107years:

Aye,was it Hunter who was blinded by the sun? Bounched off his back. Brilliant. Eamonn bannon super cannon scored that day.And im sure Alan Rae the Hearts physio got coined when it went in. I may be wrong though!

Doctor FinnBarr

The only time I can remember Cowden playing at Tynie , there was a young bloke called Levein playing for them!:rolleyes:

Archived