We now must start accepting the unacceptable

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Was thinking more of the self-aggrandisement that even Sinatra recognised in the lyric. "I am prepared to sacrifice Tynecastle" indeed.

As usual, you see things that are not there.

I said that I would gladly give up Tynecastle if it meant still having Hearts, and was said as an individual not on anyone's behalf.

Why dont YOU put your thoughts down on an OP for once?

Or are you glad to nip from the sidelines?

Enter the arena...like Frankie did.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
So Arsenal are no longer Arsenal, Sunderland are no longer Sunderland, Derby County are no longer..........etc.?

Exactly.

I would have thought with all the upheaval over the last three years, that supporters would have started to slowly come to terms with the fact that we are no better than other clubs in this respect and that the CLUB is bigger than any bit of grass with 4 stands around it.

I am more concerned with the DISCONNECTION from the club than from the stadium.

Independence
Another fantasist.

You would believe anything you want to.

The rest of us have a thing called a mind of our own, but carry on the good work for Vlad, there's no doubt, you're a believer.

SORRY!!!!

I must have missed your solution?

Do tell us what it is???????????????????????

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
SORRY!!!!

I must have missed your solution?

Do tell us what it is???????????????????????

Oh, you're still around!!!

Well, let me tell you a story....

(You have believed all the Romanov's ones, now try one of mine):)

Oh, you're still around!!!

Well, let me tell you a story....

(You have believed all the Romanov's ones, now try one of mine):)

I'll start....Once upon a time, there was this team I founded called AFC Hearts...and "thousands followed".:rolleyes:

Francis Albert
As usual, you see things that are not there.

I said that I would gladly give up Tynecastle if it meant still having Hearts, and was said as an individual not on anyone's behalf.

Why dont YOU put your thoughts down on an OP for once?

Or are you glad to nip from the sidelines?

Enter the arena...like Frankie did.

I entered that particular arena (saying Hearts were more important than Tynecastle and that Murrayfield might be better than the alternative) about four years ago. It felt a bit like being thrown to the lions back then.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I entered that particular arena (saying Hearts were more important than Tynecastle and that Murrayfield might be better than the alternative) about four years ago. It felt a bit like being thrown to the lions back then.

Then the tables are turned.

I was wrong then, you were right.

I think I am right now and you are wrong now.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I'll start....Once upon a time, there was this team I founded called AFC Hearts...and "thousands followed".:rolleyes:

You are far better at stories than I ever will.

NO ONE believes you any more.

Have you listened to the official quote on the Hearts Home site?

Of course, it's not like the "official" story would be a lie :evilno:

You are far better at stories than I ever will.

NO ONE believes you any more.

No one believes me about what? I'm not the one trying to convince people not to renew or fantasising about an amateur team.

I've never actually worried what people believe. I think most are capable of making up their own mind.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
No one believes me about what? I'm not the one trying to convince people not to renew or fantasising about an amateur team.

I've never actually worried what people believe. I think most are capable of making up their own mind.

Next....

Next....

What a brilliantly articulate reply.

You've certainly got me beat with that one.

The thing is, you come on here bleating about the state of the club and then advocate a policy of mass renewal - fair enough, if that's what people want to do, they'll do it.

But to suggest that we all give up on HMFC for some amateur fantasy?? Dream on - you're not even prepared to actually do something to bring this about, are you?

You're waiting for someone else to start this fantasy club - typical. If you are going to espouse this particular course of action and you really, really believe that "thousands more" would follow you - at least have the balls to do something about it - other than just type on a keyboard.

Next! :)

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
What a brilliantly articulate reply.

You've certainly got me beat with that one.

The thing is, you come on here bleating about the state of the club and then advocate a policy of mass renewal - fair enough, if that's what people want to do, they'll do it.

But to suggest that we all give up on HMFC for some amateur fantasy?? Dream on - you're not even prepared to actually do something to bring this about, are you?

You're waiting for someone else to start this fantasy club - typical. If you are going to espouse this particular course of action and you really, really believe that "thousands more" would follow you - at least have the balls to do something about it - other than just type on a keyboard.

Next! :)

You certainly have an agenda to crush any criticism of the regime you support.

No where in that OP does it say that "I" would lead a mass splinter group ala Judean People's Front. All I said was that we may have to start thinking about what I believe and lots of others believe is the inevitable demise of HMFC through financial mismanagement.

And stop the cracks about "balls", I could easily state that I consider you an arselicking regime apologist but I have too much good manners to be reduced to name-calling.

It takes "Balls" to give up willingly something that has been part of your life for what you believe is the good for the Club.

I would be embarassed if I were you in a few years when you look back on the bilge you have spouted in defence of what is happening at Hearts. If you are proved wrong and I am proved right, will YOU have the balls to admit it?

And its vice versa on that one too.

jambos are go!

No where in that OP does it say that "I" would lead a mass splinter group ala Judean People's Front. All I said was that we may have to start thinking about what I believe and lots of others believe is the inevitable demise of HMFC through financial mismanagement.

And stop the cracks about "balls", I could easily state that I consider you an arselicking regime apologist but I have too much good manners to be reduced to name-calling.

It takes "Balls" to give up willingly something that has been part of your life for what you believe is the good for the Club.

I would be embarassed if I were you in a few years when you look back on the bilge you have spouted in defence of what is happening at Hearts. If you are proved wrong and I am proved right, will YOU have the balls to admit it?

And its vice versa on that one too.

Talk about the pot callling the kettle black. And you never resort to name calling. Now thats delusion. Seek help- seriously seek help.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Talk about the pot callling the kettle black. And you never resort to name calling. Now thats delusion. Seek help- seriously seek help.

Where do you go for yours?

Francis Albert
Then the tables are turned.

I was wrong then, you were right.

I think I am right now and you are wrong now.

Please - what exactly am I wrong about? Not being impressed by the OP perhaps?

Where / when / what?

What agenda do I have? I'm a Hearts supporter, not any regime supporter.

Dirk Diggler
How's he made a tit of himself?

Oh where to start....

I truly wish now we had sold off Tynecastle under CPR and moved to Murrayfield.

That should be enough for many.

Start thinking about AFC Hearts

But no, Let's throw this in for good measure.

In three years no one has come up with a plan

Forgive me, but you just did, above. Or are you wishing your suggestions to be implemented by someone else? Are you not willing to stand up and be counted?:rolleyes:

Randle P McMurphy
The one about the Final Curtain?

Maybe he is suggesting you are a bit of a Paul Anka?

jambos are go!
Where do you go for yours?

Tynecastle - its a wonderfully fulfilling experience Has been for decades.

If there's a doctor perusing this board please try and contact FJ. He may not realise it but he needs help.

Tynecastle - its a wonderfully fulfilling experience Has been for decades.

If there's a doctor perusing this board please try and contact FJ. He may not realise it but he needs help.

You'll no doubt have been pleased by Rodney's performance at the AGM - it has no doubt assisted in ridding the club of more of the "poison ivy". How is "Operation New Blood" proceeding? Is Vlad "bringing in" new recruits by the thousand - I missed Rodney's report on this vital aspect of the club's building for the future.

Give my regards to Fantasy Island.

Charlie-Brown
A fight or acceptance.

I would rather have the fight.

AFC Hearts? away off to the meadows or saughton park then & good luck. :)

Dirty Deeds
We need to fight together. Not against each other. You know I have been sceptical of the regime for a very long time. I am not a convert based on the events of the last 6 months. But if we all turn our backs on Hearts there will quite simply be no Hearts in a year or two.

I am renewing my ST. We cannot let the club die. We need to do something to show Romanov we can succeed using a more sensible strategy. How we do that? Well more sensible men than me (like iainmac) may know how (although I maintain I could run the smelter in Republika Sprkska better than Rodney! ;))

I am not yet ready to accept the club is dead - for the simple fact that you, me, and all the other fans ARE the club.

If you're quitting, a little part of the club dies with you. But we can outlast the Romanovs. I know we can. Let's fight from the inside if we want to fight the fight. Abandoning the club is not the way to do it.

I fail to see how renewal encourages Romanov to change. Clearly he must change or go. To me, Hearts without Romanov, whatever that may look like, will be far better than anything Romanov can offer.

As usual the Quislings rush in to ruin any thread that doesn't conform to their craven felching of the Vlad man.

Good post FJ.

davemclaren
As usual the Quislings rush in to ruin any thread that doesn't conform to their craven felching of the Vlad man.

Good post FJ.

I think it's called having a different point of view. You don't know Roman personally do you? ;)

Father Tiresias
Most people understand why the appointment is taking so long - the guy is in a current job.

Mark McGhee??

Does Mark McGhee not tick all the boxes the owner hates. Mark McGhee would be along that M8 faster than you could say Celtic Football Club if the job there became available.

Too many fans accepted the unacceptable 3 years ago. I could name them here right now but it's against the rules. The one's I'm thinking about are some of the owners fiercest critics now.

I was at that shambles of an AGM yesterday and RR's actions and words merely confirmed to me that we are in deep trouble.

Why are we building a ?51m development then hope we fill it by attracting punters with academy players? It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!! It will not happen.

The owner had it right initially. A good manager, good players winning games gets bums on seats. An SPL title and a run in the Champions League would have generated more money than we've ever seen at Tynecastle. Season tickets would have become like unicorn horn's and he could have raised the prices significantly because the demand would have been there.

So the question remains, what purpose has Heart of Midlothian Football Club to our owner, because it's not football?

Mark McGhee??

Does Mark McGhee not tick all the boxes the owner hates. Mark McGhee would be along that M8 faster than you could say Celtic Football Club if the job there became available.

Good point.

Gigolo-Aunt
Mark McGhee??

Too many fans accepted the unacceptable 3 years ago. I could name them here right now but it's against the rules. The one's I'm thinking about are some of the owners fiercest critics now.

I was at that shambles of an AGM yesterday and RR's actions and words merely confirmed to me that we are in deep trouble.

Why are we building a ?51m development then hope we fill it by attracting punters with academy players? It DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!! It will not happen.

The owner had it right initially. A good manager, good players winning games gets bums on seats. An SPL title and a run in the Champions League would have generated more money than we've ever seen at Tynecastle. Season tickets would have become like unicorn horn's and he could have raised the prices significantly because the demand would have been there.

So the question remains, what purpose has Heart of Midlothian Football Club to our owner, because it's not football?

Who would not be along the M8 in a shot mate ?

Would Levein have gone when his stock was highest at Hearts ?

Would JJ have gone when his stock was highest at Hearts ?

I think they both would have to test themselves as managers.

IF McGhee comes and is swayed to go west after a period of time, it means he will have done a dam fine job at Hearts and we will be in a much better position than where we are now.

Im totally cool with that.

siegementality
If you feel that strongly, I suggest that you actually start one of the alternative clubs to give like-minded people something to focus on.

Oh, and if we had 'grasped that nettle' and went with CPR's MF plan - we would be dead by now. No ifs, buts or maybes.

No I think you'll find that that statement is all, ifs, buts or maybes!

Where's the defence of the regime?

It's simple maths - club was losing ?3m per annum under CPR at Tynecastle and using the stadium as collateral with the bank to borrow money to survive. Even if attendances had remained the same at Mf - a big IF - how was the club going to sustain the losses with no assets left to borrow against? CPR had no Plan B or any ideas how to increase revenue streams either.

A white knight might have stepped in but........oh wait!

And now on average it's losing ?5.5 million per annum,yep the maths sure add up.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
And now on average it's losing ?5.5 million per annum,yep the maths sure add up.

You are not supposed to remind people of that.

What's 2million a year amongst friends?

Unbelievable.

Oh, and more Craig Gordons are just not going to appear regularly to bail us out. Particularly as this lot have now fecked up one of the best youth conveyor belts in Scotland.

You are not supposed to remind people of that.

What's 2million a year amongst friends?

Unbelievable.

Oh, and more Craig Gordons are just not going to appear regularly to bail us out. Particularly as this lot have now fecked up one of the best youth conveyor belts in Scotland.

What some people seem to forget here is (I am not defending CPR,didn't like the man ,still dont)that in his reign, we built 3 stands ,got into Europe almost every second season,won a cup,got to 4 cup finals(?),brought in some cracking players,only(I say only because of what we are in now) ?18m in debt.

Now what has Vlad achieved,brought in one of the finest managers we have ever had and then sacked him,got us into CL qualifiers but never gave the team the players we needed to compete,won the cup just to a second div after pens,sold,sacked,peshed off most of our best players,brassed off fans so much they don't want to go back to Tynecastle even after paying for the games,oh and managed to double our debt ,only to make us one of the worst Hearts teams in modern times,well done Vlad and a well done for all his followers,man Hitler would have loved you guys.

Woolfords Hearts
This will be a very difficult OP for me to write.

I have now accepted that the Heart of Midlothian Football Club that has been my club and for generations traceable in my family back to before the First World War, is gone for ever.

It received the terminal blow under the Robinson regime and has been cruelly kept alive on a ventilator by a bunch of unscrupulous gangsters intent on bleeding the dying carcase of every last penny before delivering the coup de grace.

By virtually all accounts today's AGM was a dispiriting event which even left some of the still fervent supporters of the regime deflated and grasping around for some crumbs of comfort.

I truly wish now we had sold off Tynecastle under CPR and moved to Murrayfield. I was against this at the time as there was no plan B. Yes, remember that old argument. Now I wished to God we had grasped the nettle and just went with it. Instead, we have been cruelly led up the garden path by people who are just out to asset strip what remains of us in a fashion that would have impressed Gordon Gekko.

Despite anyone's reservations about the likes of Bobby Parker, Wallace Mercer and Chris Robinson, they were all HEARTS men. They may ultimately not have given a jot deep down for the supporters, but I for one will never accept that they did not CARE, each in their own way, for Heart of Midlothian. However, it is clear now, that Vladimir Romanov does not care about the supporters and even worse, does not care one iota about Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

I have called for non -renewal of season tickets. But right now I am asking all Hearts supporters who love our club to at least listen to me and test the waters on this one.

Heart of Midlothian is dead.

Start thinking outside the box and into the future.

Start thinking about AFC Hearts, Edinburgh Hearts, Hearts United, whatever might materialise.

That is ultimately where I believe we will be in 10 years. It took me over a year to decide not to renew my season ticket again. It was painful at first, but I allowed myself time. I have also decided that I would gladly sacrifice Tynecastle Stadium if it meant saving Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It has taken time which I gave myself but I am now able to do it.

So I ask everyone on this very dispiriting night, to try and accept the painful truth over time and look ahead. I do not know how it will be done. But their are thousands of Hearts supporters who WILL not disappear, somewhere I believe a voice, a figure will be found and someday, we will rise again.

Get a grip mate ffs.

A bit over the top.

Archived