We now must start accepting the unacceptable

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

This will be a very difficult OP for me to write.

I have now accepted that the Heart of Midlothian Football Club that has been my club and for generations traceable in my family back to before the First World War, is gone for ever.

It received the terminal blow under the Robinson regime and has been cruelly kept alive on a ventilator by a bunch of unscrupulous gangsters intent on bleeding the dying carcase of every last penny before delivering the coup de grace.

By virtually all accounts today's AGM was a dispiriting event which even left some of the still fervent supporters of the regime deflated and grasping around for some crumbs of comfort.

I truly wish now we had sold off Tynecastle under CPR and moved to Murrayfield. I was against this at the time as there was no plan B. Yes, remember that old argument. Now I wished to God we had grasped the nettle and just went with it. Instead, we have been cruelly led up the garden path by people who are just out to asset strip what remains of us in a fashion that would have impressed Gordon Gekko.

Despite anyone's reservations about the likes of Bobby Parker, Wallace Mercer and Chris Robinson, they were all HEARTS men. They may ultimately not have given a jot deep down for the supporters, but I for one will never accept that they did not CARE, each in their own way, for Heart of Midlothian. However, it is clear now, that Vladimir Romanov does not care about the supporters and even worse, does not care one iota about Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

I have called for non -renewal of season tickets. But right now I am asking all Hearts supporters who love our club to at least listen to me and test the waters on this one.

Heart of Midlothian is dead.

Start thinking outside the box and into the future.

Start thinking about AFC Hearts, Edinburgh Hearts, Hearts United, whatever might materialise.

That is ultimately where I believe we will be in 10 years. It took me over a year to decide not to renew my season ticket again. It was painful at first, but I allowed myself time. I have also decided that I would gladly sacrifice Tynecastle Stadium if it meant saving Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It has taken time which I gave myself but I am now able to do it.

So I ask everyone on this very dispiriting night, to try and accept the painful truth over time and look ahead. I do not know how it will be done. But their are thousands of Hearts supporters who WILL not disappear, somewhere I believe a voice, a figure will be found and someday, we will rise again.

Boab Mugabe

Heart of Midlothian FC as we know it has no way of surviving. We've been on our deathbed for some time in terms of finance, but we will reap what we sow for our financial mismanagement. Once the football side drops out of the SPL, which with the current crop isn't impossible, that's going to be the lethal blow.

That's an incredibly hard statement to make. I wish I was wrong but I doubt in time I will be...

No doubt someone will come along with the mongish 'Hobo' retort to try and point score, but as you do, think to yourself: do Hearts have a future?

If you feel that strongly, I suggest that you actually start one of the alternative clubs to give like-minded people something to focus on.

Oh, and if we had 'grasped that nettle' and went with CPR's MF plan - we would be dead by now. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Independence

I have now accepted that the Heart of Midlothian Football Club that has been my club and for generations traceable in my family back to before the First World War, is gone for ever.

It received the terminal blow under the Robinson regime and has been cruelly kept alive on a ventilator by a bunch of unscrupulous gangsters intent on bleeding the dying carcase of every last penny before delivering the coup de grace.

By virtually all accounts today's AGM was a dispiriting event which even left some of the still fervent supporters of the regime deflated and grasping around for some crumbs of comfort.

I truly wish now we had sold off Tynecastle under CPR and moved to Murrayfield. I was against this at the time as there was no plan B. Yes, remember that old argument. Now I wished to God we had grasped the nettle and just went with it. Instead, we have been cruelly led up the garden path by people who are just out to asset strip what remains of us in a fashion that would have impressed Gordon Gekko.

Despite anyone's reservations about the likes of Bobby Parker, Wallace Mercer and Chris Robinson, they were all HEARTS men. They may ultimately not have given a jot deep down for the supporters, but I for one will never accept that they did not CARE, each in their own way, for Heart of Midlothian. However, it is clear now, that Vladimir Romanov does not care about the supporters and even worse, does not care one iota about Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

I have called for non -renewal of season tickets. But right now I am asking all Hearts supporters who love our club to at least listen to me and test the waters on this one.

Start thinking about AFC Hearts, Edinburgh Hearts, Hearts United, whatever might materialise.

That is ultimately where I believe we will be in 10 years. It took me over a year to decide not to renew my season ticket again. It was painful at first, but I allowed myself time. I have also decided that I would gladly sacrifice Tynecastle Stadium if it meant saving Heart of Midlothian Football Club. It has taken time which I gave myself but I am now able to do it.

So I ask everyone on this very dispiriting night, to try and accept the painful truth over time and look ahead. I do not know how it will be done. But their are thousands of Hearts supporters who WILL not disappear, somewhere I believe a voice, a figure will be found and someday, we will rise again.

GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you listened to the official quote on the Hearts Home site?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
If you feel that strongly, I suggest that you actually start one of the alternative clubs to give like-minded people something to focus on.

Oh, and if we had 'grasped that nettle' and went with CPR's MF plan - we would be dead by now. No ifs, buts or maybes.

Nonsense, because you have no way of proving that.

But carry on defending the regime, its your privilage.

Jambof3tornado

Sorry but to me Hearts wouldnt be Hearts away from Tynecastle,its the reason I marched in protest and the reason I accepted Vlad with open arms. If in the future Hearts do fold and reform as Hearts United/albion etc etc I shall follow them,but I will not turn my back on the club I love right now because its being run in a manner which I am not comfortable with. Its just not my way,but thats a personal choice thing and I wont hold it against anyone if they have a different viewpoint.:sad:

Rudolf's Mate

We don't actually know that for sure however though I have not believed in Romanov or his plans for us for a long time, I simply refuse to believe that he will be the end of us!

I hate the ground the man walks on however I strongly believe that he wont pull out on us.... Why? Because it's simply not financially viable for him to do so! For that reason we are in this with him for the long haul whatever that may be.

If we go down the pan then Vlads money goes with it. Simple as!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you listened to the official quote on the Hearts Home site?

Another fantasist.

You would believe anything you want to.

The rest of us have a thing called a mind of our own, but carry on the good work for Vlad, there's no doubt, you're a believer.

Nonsense, because you have no way of proving that.

But carry on defending the regime, its your privilage.

Where's the defence of the regime?

It's simple maths - club was losing ?3m per annum under CPR at Tynecastle and using the stadium as collateral with the bank to borrow money to survive. Even if attendances had remained the same at Mf - a big IF - how was the club going to sustain the losses with no assets left to borrow against? CPR had no Plan B or any ideas how to increase revenue streams either.

A white knight might have stepped in but........oh wait!

Sorry but to me Hearts wouldnt be Hearts away from Tynecastle,its the reason I marched in protest and the reason I accepted Vlad with open arms. If in the future Hearts do fold and reform as Hearts United/albion etc etc I shall follow them,but I will not turn my back on the club I love right now because its being run in a manner which I am not comfortable with. Its just not my way,but thats a personal choice thing and I wont hold it against anyone if they have a different viewpoint.:sad:

Sums up my feeling on this entirely. I'm not going to give up this club without a fight.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

It's simple maths - club was losing ?3m per annum under CPR at Tynecastle and using the stadium as collateral with the bank to borrow money to survive. Even if attendances had remained the same at Mf - a big IF - how was the club going to sustain the losses with no assets left to borrow against? CPR had no Plan B or any ideas how to increase revenue streams either.

I gave my response to you.

Nothing you can say or do will ever win me over and the same goes for thousands more.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Sums up my feeling on this entirely. I'm not going to give up this club without a fight.

A fight or acceptance.

I would rather have the fight.

Ray Winstone

I was perhaps with you some of the way until you declared that The Pieman was a "Hearts man"

What absolute drivel - he was as bad as Romanov - in it for the money, he just didnt interfere with decisions on the pitch so people did not seem to notice as much.

Lets not forget when he announced at an AGM he was giving himself a wage rise!

I do try and avoid being dramatic but I've been thinking about this today for the first time seriously, rather than as an academic exercise. For the first time, I started to think we might be better off, if not for our sakes but for future generations of Hearts people.

I actually disagree with you and FJ tbh.

I do not support Tynecastle, I support Hearts. I do not mourn our field at the meadows, I am okay with the fact we moved to a better facility, I would have been okay with leaving Tynecastle for a better option.

Selling up and just renting and "just wait and see" how we got on was not that option, THAT is why I too marched and stood in a raining Saughton Park.

The current team is not dead, it is not unlike the character that Bernard Hill played in the Lord Of The Rings: Under the spell of an evil wizard.

If the fans do the hardest thing they can do and not go to games, I honestly feel that either VR will break and concede, or he will look to get rid of us. It is not a fun suggestion and many disagree, however I do not see another option, he only understands money.

I appreciate you are dis-spirited, but there a number of extreme over-reactions to the situation being posted on this forum today. I often think that KB starts a snowball effect of negativity where by someone will set the negative snowball rolling and it just get's bigger and bigger until it encompasses everyone into one vast negative ball.

When it comes to the Romanov's, I have been a dissenting voice for quite some time on this forum in terms of the way they are running the club, however today's AGM strikes me as being more about an incompetent performance from an incompetent individual than any great new revelations. From what we can gather, Roman Romanov has little or no input into the actual running of the club, other than turning up and making an erse of himself at the AGM each year. The guys who do, Fedotovas, Ogilvie, Lopez etc, in my opinion come across as competent and organised, certainly in their handling of the media if nothing else. The fact of the matter is, if a new manager is appointed etc in the summer, people will not be so readily reaching for the metaphorical razor blades.

Ultimately, for as long as I can remember, Heart of Midlothian has been in significant debt, it has been owned and managed at boardroom level by egotistical and incompetent men. No doubt when the time comes for the Romanov's to hand over to new ownership, their successors will also live up to this sad but true tradition.

J.T.F.Robertson

It would appear some allowed themselves to be led a bit farther up than others. Not the ones with a mind of their own though, surely. :rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I was perhaps with you some of the way until you declared that The Pieman was a "Hearts man"

What absolute drivel - he was as bad as Romanov - in it for the money, he just didnt interfere with decisions on the pitch so people did not seem to notice as much.

Lets not forget when he announced at an AGM he was giving himself a wage rise!

Believe me it was said through clenched teeth;)

My point was even in his twisted mind, he must have cared something for Hearts and it is childish to think otherwise, but yes, I loathe the man entirely because he ultimately led us to this point.

Romanov cares nothing at all for us.

We don't actually know that for sure however though I have not believed in Romanov or his plans for us for a long time, I simply refuse to believe that he will be the end of us!

I hate the ground the man walks on however I strongly believe that he wont pull out on us.... Why? Because it's simply not financially viable for him to do so! For that reason we are in this with him for the long haul whatever that may be.

If we go down the pan then Vlads money goes with it. Simple as!

Perhaps he's decided that, given the fixing of the league & bias of the refs etc, there is no hope for his masterplan - to showcase Lithuanian talent & sell it on for millions thus clearing the debt.

He is now looking for a way out & is at the 'finally really **** off the fans' approach. See them turn against you & then walk away recouping your money, leaving the fans/club in the mire & blaming everyone else for the mess.

I believe that this is more likely to happen than a new stand being built!

I gave my response to you.

Nothing you can say or do will ever win me over and the same goes for thousands more.

"Win you over" - to what?

I gave you a positive suggestion to get up off your arse and do something rather than just bleed all over the keyboard. Start the club you dream about and let's see if "thousands more" turn up to watch them.

Do you think just posting messages on JKB will do the trick or are you waiting for someone else to start up the club for you?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I appreciate you are dis-spirited, but there a number of extreme over-reactions to the situation being posted on this forum today. I often think that KB starts a snowball effect of negativity where by someone will set the negative snowball rolling and it just get's bigger and bigger until it encompasses everyone into one vast negative ball.

When it comes to the Romanov's, I have been a dissenting voice for quite some time on this forum in terms of the way they are running the club, however today's AGM strikes me as being more about an incompetent performance from an incompetent individual than any great new revelations. From what we can gather, Roman Romanov has little or no input into the actual running of the club, other than turning up and making an erse of himself at the AGM each year. The guys who do, Fedotovas, Ogilvie, Lopez etc, in my opinion come across as competent and organised, certainly in their handling of the media if nothing else. The fact of the matter is, if a new manager is appointed etc in the summer, people will not be so readily reaching for the metaphorical razor blades.

Ultimately, for as long as I can remember, Heart of Midlothian has been in significant debt, it has been owned and managed at boardroom level by egotistical and incompetent men. No doubt when the time comes for the Romanov's to hand over to new ownership, their successors will also live up to this sad but true tradition.

I understand what you are saying but this time, I think we have reached the point of no return.

Our luck has run out.

boabyarsebiscuit
A fight or acceptance.

I would rather have the fight.

We need to fight together. Not against each other. You know I have been sceptical of the regime for a very long time. I am not a convert based on the events of the last 6 months. But if we all turn our backs on Hearts there will quite simply be no Hearts in a year or two.

I am renewing my ST. We cannot let the club die. We need to do something to show Romanov we can succeed using a more sensible strategy. How we do that? Well more sensible men than me (like iainmac) may know how (although I maintain I could run the smelter in Republika Sprkska better than Rodney! ;))

I am not yet ready to accept the club is dead - for the simple fact that you, me, and all the other fans ARE the club.

If you're quitting, a little part of the club dies with you. But we can outlast the Romanovs. I know we can. Let's fight from the inside if we want to fight the fight. Abandoning the club is not the way to do it.

The negativity is caused by months of inaction after the January 1st statement. People were led to believe that there had been a change in the mind set of those running the club, and perhaps, just perhaps there were better time just around the corner. The agm today and the way it was conducted by RR has left everybody feeling dejected. If the owners really want to get people back on board they must start by being open and honest with the support - and getting a proper manager appointed quickly. Until the dithering stops and openness starts things are going to continue on this ever increasing downward spiral.

I understand what you are saying but this time, I think we have reached the point of no return.

Our luck has run out.

Mate, you come across as an honest and articulate kind of chap, but I think you are reacting way over the top at the moment. Listen to the words of those actually involved in running the club, Fedatovas, Ogilvie, Lopez and a much less pessimistic impression can be drawn. Roman Romanov is just a figurehead, an extremely poor one admittedly, but his responses at today's AGM strike me as being more bourne out of his own personal incompetence and inexperience than anything else.

As I said in my previous post, the fact is that if a manager is appointed in the summer etc, such rampant negativity will evaporate. Yes this remains an IF, but I'm not quite at the stage of chucking myself of the Forth Road Bridge yet.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
We need to fight together. Not against each other. You know I have been sceptical of the regime for a very long time. I am not a convert based on the events of the last 6 months. But if we all turn our backs on Hearts there will quite simply be no Hearts in a year or two.

I am renewing my ST. We cannot let the club die. We need to do something to show Romanov we can succeed using a more sensible strategy. How we do that? Well more sensible men than me (like iainmac) may know how (although I maintain I could run the smelter in Republika Sprkska better than Rodney! ;))

I am not yet ready to accept the club is dead - for the simple fact that you, me, and all the other fans ARE the club.

If you're quitting, a little part of the club dies with you. But we can outlast the Romanovs. I know we can. Let's fight from the inside if we want to fight the fight. Abandoning the club is not the way to do it.

In three years no one has come up with a plan.

As we are tired of hearing the Romanov's are the only show.

My first point of attack is not to renew season tickets en masse to see what response it gets. Even that simple act, remember I have never said DO NOT GO TO MATCHES, does not seem to have worked with many.

So please tell me, what else can we all do?

Start thinking about what I am saying.

If this at least can galvanise some people so be it.

Looking into the abyss can sometimes have that effect

The negativity is caused by months of inaction after the January 1st statement. People were led to believe that there had been a change in the mind set of those running the club, and perhaps, just perhaps there were better time just around the corner. The agm today and the way it was conducted by RR has left everybody feeling dejected. If the owners really want to get people back on board they must start by being open and honest with the support - and getting a proper manager appointed quickly. Until the dithering stops and openness starts things are going to continue on this ever increasing downward spiral.

I don't know why - what did people honestly expect?

The AGM is a "tick in the box" exercise these days and Rodney has not been around for a long, long time.........and, he's a plonker!

Nothing has changed - the appointment of an autonomous manager is still the key.

boabyarsebiscuit
Nothing has changed - the appointment of an autonomous manager is still the key.

It is. If the Romanovs can't see their way isn't working, we will continue to fail.

Deevers, I sympathise with a lot of the negativity and I'm typing as someone who has been accused in the past of being 'one of the most negative contributors on KB'. However the biggest mistake the club made today (and I appreciate they have made a hell of a lot of mistakes in the past 3 years), was allowing the under-qualified, inexperienced and incompetent Roman Romanov to front the AGM. If Fedatovas had taken the meeting and given a performance as polished as that on the official website, would we all be reaching for the razor blades? Almost certainly not. I would suggest that not only do we need a proper manager, we need a proper Chairman. As for the openess etc, I entirely agree with you.

I don't know why - what did people honestly expect?

The AGM is a "tick in the box" exercise these days and Rodney has not been around for a long, long time.........and, he's a plonker!

If Romanov has any sense he will kick Rodney into touch and appoint someone with a modicum of common sense and dignity to run the club.

Yes, you are right - the appointment of a manger is the key to the future. Why then is it a taking to so long and why are those in charge making noises that would seem to make the job less that appetising for someone with any real talent or appetite for taking Hearts forward. Hinting that there would still be a degree of interference hardly makes the job appealing.

I have my speakers turned on and can hear the mournful violin music that accompanies your post.

If the owners really want to get people back on board they must start by being open and honest with the support - and getting a proper manager appointed quickly. Until the dithering stops and openness starts things are going to continue on this ever increasing downward spiral.

Spot on Deevers. I don't buy the Scotsman but did read Mike Aitken (a Jambo journo I have a lot of time for) who, in his article re. today's AGM made the point about the 'manager' (ho ho), that if they have someone in mind who's not going to be available til the end of the season, WHY NOT FECKIN SAY SO??!!!!

Communication at this club has never been good. It's abysmal now, not helped by the fact that due to the lies we've been fed over the last three years, you can barely believe anything that's said anyway. So I guess I've answered my own question! :confused:

If Romanov has any sense he will kick Rodney into touch and appoint someone with a modicum of common sense and dignity to run the club.

Yes, you are right - the appointment of a manger is the key to the future. Why then is it a taking to so long and why are those in charge making noises that would seem to make the job less that appetising for someone with any real talent or appetite for taking Hearts forward. Hinting that there would still be a degree of interference hardly makes the job appealing.

Nepotism is rarely interceded by common sense!!

Most people understand why the appointment is taking so long - the guy is in a current job.

Most people understand why the appointment is taking so long - the guy is in a current job.

flexible_straws.jpg

So we keep being told! But I, and I suspect many others wonder if that really is the case. That, however, is an issue that has been discussed on other threads many times over the past few months, and many of us remain to be convinced.

jambos are go!

What load of libellous mince without an ounce of justification. Is there anything you would not gladly sacrifice for a by line on this board. There are indeed thousands of Hearts supporters who will not disappear and I'll see them at Tynecastle tomorrow.

[/b]

So we keep being told! But I, and I suspect many others wonder if that really is the case. That, however, is an issue that has been discussed on other threads many times over the past few months, and many of us remain to be convinced.

Well, I didn't get that from anyone remotely connected with HMFC but everyone's entitled to believe whatever they want.

It is all old news, but there was an alternative.

A cost cutting dads army team. No stars. No internationals or players signed from Premiership squads. This could have been at Tynecastle (far less Murrayfield).

The Pieman told us this at the Padre's night at the Orwell Lodge (whether he was being truthful is up for debate, but I see no advantage in dissembling on this subject). But he discounted this strategy because the fans would be upset when they fired Pressley, Maybury, Stamp etc and the other high earners.

Many fans seem to have a real blind spot on this. They berated the Pieman for selling our top players. And berated him for not bringing in Fuller etc. Then they berated him for cutting Levein's budget - at a time when Levein's budget was so high it was forcing the club to sell Tynecastle!

It would not have been pretty to watch, but rather than the huge budget Levein had which kept us in 3rd, we could have had a similar budget to Dundee United/Hibs in their cost cutting phases. With plenty teams in administration I do not think we would have been relegated. And if the club had a better relationship with the fans (and hadn't lied about Not Fit for Purpose) etc, they could have explained this to the fans and taken the fans with them.

A similar sort of strategy looks to be what is required now, given the lack of funds at UBIG/Hearts. Unfortunately it seems to me that the Romanovs are too embarassed to admit to their lack of cash.

I do not support Tynecastle, I support Hearts. I do not mourn our field at the meadows, I am okay with the fact we moved to a better facility, I would have been okay with leaving Tynecastle for a better option.

Selling up and just renting and "just wait and see" how we got on was not that option, THAT is why I too marched and stood in a raining Saughton Park.

The current team is not dead, it is not unlike the character that Bernard Hill played in the Lord Of The Rings: Under the spell of an evil wizard.

If the fans do the hardest thing they can do and not go to games, I honestly feel that either VR will break and concede, or he will look to get rid of us. It is not a fun suggestion and many disagree, however I do not see another option, he only understands money.

Some good sense here, bighus, that I think is being missed in all the flailing.

I doubt we can do it from the inside. Romanov is a greedy dictator and will not listen to anybody. Only when we stop handing him our money will he change. He only used Hearts to get into the UK business world.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

This is the hardest thing to do.

But all I think we should do first is not renew en masse.

That is a start

J.T.F.Robertson
I doubt we can do it from the inside. Romanov is a greedy dictator and will not listen to anybody. Only when we stop handing him our money will he change. He only used Hearts to get into the UK business world.

I think there's a lot more to it than that, not necessarily good, either, just more to it.

If we have some manager who is in a current job, as said above, why not just say so?

Why did RR firstly start talking up Frail and look to be indicating he might be the manager, thereafter contradict himself by saying they were looking for an experienced british style manager. He appears to be talking in the present tense, as if they are still looking and expressed difficulty in finding someone who was not out of a job or not looking to jump ship for more money elsewhere.

I have not had a chance to read the interview yet on Hearts world, but one thing seems clear - none of them have one single, coherant position on the subject of a manager and that would suggest to me that there is NOT someone lined up for the end of the season.

Francis Albert

Am I the only one who found that bit hard to believe?

Francis Albert
At least I did it My Way.

Certainly the OP had many of the qualities of a Paul Anka lyric - that Paul Anka lyric in particular...

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Certainly the OP had many of the qualities of a Paul Anka lyric - that Paul Anka lyric in particular...

The one about the Final Curtain?

I have 4 season tickets, and have followed the club since 1972, when i went to my first game aged 8, i have drawn the curtains on Scottish football and Hearts, i agree with you and what you are saying, no renewals of tickets for me, and bon voyage, until Mad Vlads Submarine is SUNK I wont be back.

Francis Albert
The one about the Final Curtain?

Was thinking more of the self-aggrandisement that even Sinatra recognised in the lyric. "I am prepared to sacrifice Tynecastle" indeed.

Archived