Hearts tracking Airdrie striker

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling
Ridiculous!

We should be looking to only sign quality players like Audrius Ksanavicius from FB Kaunas.

Spot on

Get in there.

If that is the quality of player Frail thinks we need then jeez-Luigi he is even more incompetent than I thought.

Drew Busby !
Spot on

It's already possible to peer into the crystal ball of the future, and imagine a time when we will yearn for the days of the much mocked (and christ, often justifiably) "second rate liths" :laugh:

This is starting to feel like the mid-70's all over again.

On that basis we can look forward to 1st division football sometime early in the next decade.

kennygarland1

This will be a ploy,leak out stories we are looking at players in lesser divisions then when we sign slightly better dross the backlash wont be so bad.:P

This is starting to feel like the mid-70's all over again.

On that basis we can look forward to 1st division football sometime early in the next decade.

And hopefully the serious scrapping that goes along with it. ;)

boabyarsebiscuit

Maybe Alan Russell is a good player? Has anyone seen him? Only concern I have is that he's 27.

jimjamjolly
This will be a ploy,leak out stories we are looking at players in lesser divisions then when we sign slightly better dross the backlash wont be so bad.:P

Our PR boys (or girls) are certainly earning their money just now.

Ryan Gosling
Maybe Alan Russell is a good player? Has anyone seen him? Only concern I have is that he's 27.

Lots of goals this season.

Better than Clum, I'd bet

Seen him once or twice. Didn't stand out. But then again I wasn't really expecting to see an Airdrie player stand out and make me think. "Hmmm. He would be a good signing."

Although maybe it is a ploy to boost up season ticket sales.

Gerd Muller

Maybe we just need to start a fresh. A striker with the ability to score goals is always vital to a team a la Velicka. Velicka wasnt exactly a superb player, he just did everything good. He rarely made mistakes and that is the type of player we need to replace. I'm not saying that this guy will replace Velicka, just saying that if he is banging the goals in for someone else then we may as well have a look at him. At the end of the day, I dont care who scores for Hearts, as long as we win.

surely its good news that our manager is signing players for next season?

Surely it depends on their quality. :rolleyes:

maroonlegions

only concern, eh , he is still playing for a first division side at 27.:rolleyes:

brellierlegend
only concern, eh , he is still playing for a first division side at 27.:rolleyes:

or a 2nd division side

Surrey Jambo

Could be a late developer? Even if it's 2nd Division, he's scored 24 goals this season and, according to 107, Dundee Utd and Killie are looking at him too.

How many goals do we think Elliott or Nade would score in Div 2?

He can't be any worse than what we already have - and I still think Nade has potential.

Has anbody really got a clue who we are after.We just seem to get linked to everyone that Aberdeen and Dundee Utd are reportedly after,although if the lad is good enough for Levien he is good enough for us.

On one thread we have people saying it is great we are getting rid of the huge wage duds and on another giving it to the club tight for doing what we basically always done until Vlad came along which is look at lower league players.

boabyarsebiscuit

With the junk I've seen pulling on Hearts jerseys this season, I'm discounting nobody. If Audrius Ksanavicius can play for Hearts, so can Alan Russell.

Remember all those threads about Scott McDonald and Kris Boyd not being good enough for Hearts? Classic.

He's the one that used to play for St. Mirren and left because he couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to be a footballer or a male model. Seriously.

I'm going to do with this, and any other signing we make. That is, not write him off before he plays and be quietly confident we have found a gem. That said, I'm hardly overawed.

Agent talk.

I give it 4 pages

Probably true. I read this morning he's very close to signing for Kilmarnock.

He will sign for Kilmarnock then bang the goals in resulting in a move to the Old Firm after a few of us (including me) have wrote him off.

winston churchill
Could be a late developer? Even if it's 2nd Division, he's scored 24 goals this season and, according to 107, Dundee Utd and Killie are looking at him too.

How many goals do we think Elliott or Nade would score in Div 2?

He can't be any worse than what we already have - and I still think Nade has potential.

killie had him in the bag in the january window, but pulled out the deal at the 11th hour.

Billy the Jambo

What is all this crap about age 27 is old right enough i think i will go and lie down in a darkened room till i die going by some of the comments on here .WTF do all you guys moaning about age want? a fecking 18 year old who hasn,t kicked an erse for his team and come in your pants when saying but he is one for the future . The way the mad one is going we wont have a future.

If we are looking at players without getting a manager (that obviously seems to be a forgone conclusion now) we surely must be looking at these kids from Hamilton, McCarthy and McArthur and the young left back whose name escapes me. If clubs like Liverpool and Chelsea are looking at ruddy Hamilton players, we should at least have a gander.

Has anybody seen them play? Are they any good?

Archived