Wedding Band

Budgie.

Looking for a band to book for our wedding.

Want a mix of 60s, 70s, 80s and recent stuff and not too expensive as we are on a tight budget.

Been quite impressed by Athens and Dignan, Dowell and White so far but they are a bit on the expensive side.

Anybody know of a good one?

Want a mix of 60s, 70s, 80s and recent stuff and not too expensive as we are on a tight budget.

Been quite impressed by Athens and Dignan, Dowell and White so far but they are a bit on the expensive side.

The Applebeggars are the best band i've seen this month ! A fair few Jambo's in it as well.

Can never get my head round the fact that people book bands for their wedding. :unsure: DJ all the way. Plays what you want and when you want. Any time I have been at a wedding with a band they looked like a Paper Lace tribute.

Good band are "The Empathy" do a wide range of material, not too expensive as well.

davemclaren

Can never get my head round the fact that people book bands for their wedding. :unsure: DJ all the way. Plays what you want and when you want. Any time I have been at a wedding with a band they looked like a Paper Lace tribute.

Keep music live! :thumbsup:

Probably because dj's are shit and for kids parties.

Try absent friends.

cosanostra

Jazz Swing Band is the way to go.

Was at a wedding a while back with a swing band and it was incredible.

Much better than some dick absolutely murdering Don't Stop Believing.

Chad Sexington

This.

Had one for my wedding 10 years ago. They were magic. :thumbsup:

First dance was It Had To Be You.

:sob:

Not sure if they are taking any more bookings any more but theres a band from Dundee called make sparks who go under the wedding band name of Franco who are epic.

Couple of vids of their own stuff although they do covers as a wedding band:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXXwQ9Xh0z0&feature=relmfu

These guys have just started to make it big so not sure if they have given up the wedding gigs

Kalamazoo Jambo

My one regret is that we didn't play this at our wedding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf9LqlRU6oM

Might have had to modify the dance moves a wee bit though :o

The Love Pirates are playing our wedding next week, give them a shout. Cracking lads (pals of mine) and very good musicians - they're primarily funky blues based but do covers of all sorts for weddings. They were also considerably less expensive than most other bands.

I booked a band called 'Seattle' from Loanhead (i think) for my wedding 3 years ago, at the corn exchange. They were superb.

Everyone I spoke to had good things to say about them.

Here's a link http://www.seattleweddingband.co.uk/

My sister had a band called three card trick play hers last year and they were brilliant, played a great mix, more than happy for any requests. Not sure on money though

Jamboelite

Callenish are a great band 15 professional artists and depending on what you want they will put the best 5 artists together to make the band for you.

Bert Le Clos

Probably because the vast majority of DJs are utter welts who talk complete pish in between every song. People are more likely to dance for a band, and even if they don't the band can still perform and people can watch. Nothing more uncomfortable than a DJ having to beg people to dance.

Plus a band makes it a bit more special. By your logic why pay for a DJ? Why not just create a playlist on an ipod?

Plus a band makes it a bit more special. By your logic why pay for a DJ? Why not just create a playlist on an ipod?

Because an Ipod cannot read the crowd the way a good DJ can!

Personally I would have a band followed by a DJ.

Tommy Wiseau

I thought you were getting the wedding paid for, Damon? Does it not include everything?

Costly.

Depends on whether or not by DJ you mean mobile disco? DJ's on the whole aren't all that expensive but the mobile discos with their flashing lights etc can be over the top expensive tbh. Also depends on what kind of PA system the venue has (if any)!

Also some wedding bands can also provide a dj/disco as well as the band!

I thought you were getting the wedding paid for, Damon? Does it not include everything?

Doesn't include a band.

In fact, there's quite a few things it doesn't include unfortunately. :(

Tommy Wiseau

Doesn't include a band.

In fact, there's quite a few things it doesn't include unfortunately. :(

Always a catch, eh? :rolleyes:

Shame you're having to shell out for things though, after the money you raised to win that comp. <_<

Always a catch, eh? :rolleyes:

Shame you're having to shell out for things though, after the money you raised to win that comp. <_<

Yeah, bit of a pain in the ass.

The worst bit is that the mystery all-star honymoon with Barrhead travel is actually...

a four night cruise from Southampton to Brugges!

(last year it was a week in a 5 star hotel in Dubai!)

Just to make matters worse they have booked it for mid November and there is no way we can get time off during term time so unless they can switch it we won't be going at all! :unsure:

Hate to sound ungrateful but when it is advertised as win your dream wedding you expect a good standard of prize tbh.

Tommy Wiseau

The worst bit is that the mystery all-star honymoon with Barrhead travel is actually...

Just to make matters worse they have booked it for mid November and there is no way we can get time off during term time so unless they can switch it we won't be going at all! :unsure:

Hate to sound ungrateful but when it is advertised as win your dream wedding you expect a good standard of prize tbh.

:rofl:

Cheap buggers! Cruise to Brugges FFS, Colin Farrell would be seething. I hear deepest darkest Belgium is lovely in mid-November though :cornette:

Hopefully you can work something out with them to get it changed at least.

Vlad-Stupid

Damon trolled a beauty by Forth One :lol:

Tbf, if the film 'In Bruges' is anything to go by it looks like a great place to visit. Not as good as Dubai I suppose. You should sort your own honeymoon out and take sickies in Nov for a 'dirty weekend'. She might even let you take her up the Belfry ;)

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

If it makes you feel any better, I despise Dubai and haven't really got an opinion on Belgium. thumbsup.gif

Vlad-Stupid

If it makes you feel any better, I despise Dubai and haven't really got an opinion on Belgium. thumbsup.gif

I know i'll regret asking this but why do you despise Dubai?

I know i'll regret asking this but why do you despise Dubai?

*breathes in deeply to begin rant*

Well..

..nah, I can't be bothered. It's just a seedy, evil, oppressive place built using modern day slavery, to sum it up. Plus, I had my worst ever holiday there.

Vlad-Stupid

*breathes in deeply to begin rant*

Well..

..nah, I can't be bothered. It's just a seedy, evil, oppressive place built using modern day slavery, to sum it up. Plus, I had my worst ever holiday there.

Textbook Kello :rofl:

You really are a miserable ***** :lol:

Guest Prince William

Tbf almost everyone has to pay a fortune for their wedding and their honeymoon but if you're getting a free wedding and a free trip to Brugges out of it you should be delighted :blink:

Stop moaning.

Tommy Wiseau

TBF, America is a tremendous place to visit and it was built with old school slavery. Morals go out the window when you're looking for some winter sun imo B)

Plus, in comparison to Belgium? The place that gave us some battlefields and the roots of the Rwandan genocide?

The People's Chimp

TBF, America is a tremendous place to visit and it was built with old school slavery. Morals go out the window when you're looking for some winter sun imo B)

Plus, in comparison to Belgium? The place that gave us some battlefields and the roots of the Rwandan genocide?

Good chips and beers though. Swings and roundabouts. Like Austria.

Full of cellars and sexual abuse, but their Ham is fantastic.

I hate America anaw, and I never said Belgium was any better, just that I haven't been and nor do I know enough about them to hate them. Winter sun's barry and all that, but not when it's 60*C outside and you also get the added pleasure of watching poor immigrant Sri Lankans being made to walk for miles carrying whatever on their backs for a few dollars per day while you speed past them in your air-conditioned taxi. Minging place.

And I'm really not that miserable - anyone's that met me knows this. laugh.gif

Vlad-Stupid

I hate America anaw, and I never said Belgium was any better, just that I haven't been and nor do I know enough about them to hate them. Winter sun's barry and all that, but not when it's 60*C outside and you also get the added pleasure of watching poor immigrant Sri Lankans being made to walk for miles carrying whatever on their backs for a few dollars per day while you speed past them in your air-conditioned taxi. Minging place.

And I'm really not that miserable - anyone's that met me knows this. laugh.gif

M'on the Arabscool.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Good chips and beers though. Swings and roundabouts. Like Austria.

Full of cellars and sexual abuse, but their Ham is fantastic.

:lol:

It's funny you should say that, I was speaking to an Australian pal on FB this morning and she was saying she would be visiting Belgium in the summer instead of going to Britain. When I said "what have they ever provided other than somewhere for better countries to fight battles" she came back with chips, beer and the Tour de France :lol:

Tbf almost everyone has to pay a fortune for their wedding and their honeymoon but if you're getting a free wedding and a free trip to Brugges out of it you should be delighted :blink:

Stop moaning.

After raising ?17,000 for Cash for Kids to win our "dream wedding" it's fair to be a bit miffed when the honeymoon is a four night cruise to Belgium in mid November and half the wedding is either not included or costs the earth to upgrade to something decent.

The timing of it is awful as we are moving into our first house in October and every penny of our budget has been allocated to saving for the deposit. Now we are having to try and find loads of extra money for the wedding as well. (we were planning on getting wed summer 2014)

Damon trolled a beauty by Forth One :lol:

Tbf, if the film 'In Bruges' is anything to go by it looks like a great place to visit. Not as good as Dubai I suppose. You should sort your own honeymoon out and take sickies in Nov for a 'dirty weekend'. She might even let you take her up the Belfry ;)

Brugges is really nice. Just back from it last week with my primary 7s! :)

Have been every year for the past four years. Not my first choice of honeymoon location though, especially in mid Nov :unsure:

After raising ?17,000 for Cash for Kids to win our "dream wedding" it's fair to be a bit miffed when the honeymoon is a four night cruise to Belgium in mid November and half the wedding is either not included or costs the earth to upgrade to something decent.

The timing of it is awful as we are moving into our first house in October and every penny of our budget has been allocated to saving for the deposit. Now we are having to try and find loads of extra money for the wedding as well. (we were planning on getting wed summer 2014)

I know you don't mean to but you are sounding very ungrateful tbh. You are lucky to be getting anything paid for.

Sterling Archer

M'on the Arabscool.gif

Hi Craigie nice name change ::troll:::'>

I know you don't mean to but you are sounding very ungrateful tbh. You are lucky to be getting anything paid for.

I understand what you are saying bud but luck doesn't really come into it. It was twelve days of non-stop fundraising as well as doing our normal teaching jobs.

I would agree with you if it was just a lucky draw competition we had won.

I think I'm just a bit bummed out cos we were on such a high after raising so much money and were looking forward to find out the details of our dream wedding and I feel a bit underwhelmed tbh.

Guest Prince William

The charity gets its money and that is all that matters. You helped raise money for the children rather than the free holiday and wedding but all the moaning almost suggests otherwise.

Sure its no the case but just saying.

The charity gets its money and that is all that matters. You helped raise money for the children rather than the free holiday and wedding but all the moaning almost suggests otherwise.

Tbh, if I'd just raised ?17k for a good cause I'd want more than a 4 day trip to Brugges, and it's difficult to make a big deal out of it. But that's the kind of prize you expect to get out of those scratch cards that come free with the TV schedule, not several thousand pounds worth of fundraising.

Tbh, if I'd just raised ?17k for a good cause I'd want more than a 4 day trip to Brugges.

Says it all about people today. Never do anything without something in it for them.

The People's Chimp

Says it all about people today. Never do anything without something in it for them.

:lol:

Would you rather he'd just no bothered like?

No probs bud. :thumbsup:

Archived