Wedding Band

Budgie.

:lol:

Would you rather he'd just no bothered like?

of course not! That wasn't aimed at the OP, more at the gentleman above me saying he would expect a nice holiday from his charity fundraising!

Says it all about people today. Never do anything without something in it for them.

Actually, we planned some of the fundraising events in advance of getting into the final and were going ahead with them regardless of getting through.

Also, we raised a separate amount of money for Cash for Kids by organising a sponsored silence at my school which didn't count towards our competition total. We wanted to get the pupils involved cos it's a kids charity and when all the money comes in hopefully that will be another ?2k heading to Cash for Kids. :thumbsup:

Chris Benoit

I'm going to defend Damon here, he entered a contest and won but now when it comes to the crunch the 'prize' isn't really what was advertised. He has every right to be pissed off. Can see why the honeymoon was a mystery though :lol:

Also well done on the ?17k raised

Ray Winstone

The cheaper the wedding the more money goes to the charity....

Which is more important?

Tommy Wiseau

Surely the money raised is completely independent of the wedding? Would be quite the scandal if not :lol:

Chris Benoit

Which is more important?

Except that isn't how it works is it?

Which is more important?

Doesn't work like that Ray.

The prizes were donated by all the companies to Forth One in order to entice couples to enter and raise funds for Cash for Kids. The value of prizes offered has no impact on amount going to charity.

In fact, last years prizes were better and winning couple raised ?6k.

This years prizes not as good and we raised ?17k.

Ray Winstone

Doesn't work like that Ray.

The prizes were donated by all the companies to Forth One in order to entice couples to enter and raise funds for Cash for Kids. The value of prizes offered has no impact on amount going to charity.

In fact, last years prizes were better and winning couple raised ?6k.

This years prizes not as good and we raised ?17k.

In that case it would seem like, as with everyone, the firms donating prizes are tightening their belts...

No doubt the amount of money you have raised is admirable but turning round and saying 'oh but last years prizes were better' smacks of being un-greatful.

If you are that morally out-raged then tell them to raffle the wedding off for more charity money and go back to square one with the wedding plans...

In that case it would seem like, as with everyone, the firms donating prizes are tightening their belts...

No doubt the amount of money you have raised is admirable but turning round and saying 'oh but last years prizes were better' smacks of being un-greatful.

If you are that morally out-raged then tell them to raffle the wedding off for more charity money and go back to square one with the wedding plans...

Not ungrateful or morally outraged, just a little disappointed. :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

How much are we talking to get you up to a decent wedding out of this Damon?

Could be time to dig out that chicken costume :ninja:

Ray Winstone

Not ungrateful or morally outraged, just a little disappointed. :thumbsup:

Coming on Kickback 'spewing' about it on a public messageboard is not 'a little disappointed'...and you certainly come across as un-grateful, so why not do as suggested and tell Forth 1 to raffle the prizes.

Then you might come away with some dignity from this situation - at the moment all you have done is tell people that you raise money for charity in order to get something in return.

Your comments about last years figures and prizes go to show that quite obviously.

Coming on Kickback 'spewing' about it on a public messageboard is not 'a little disappointed'...and you certainly come across as un-grateful, so why not do as suggested and tell Forth 1 to raffle the prizes.

Then you might come away with some dignity from this situation - at the moment all you have done is tell people that you raise money for charity in order to get something in return.

Your comments about last years figures and prizes go to show that quite obviously.

Sorry you feel that way.

Like I pointed out earlier we were doing some of the events regardless of the competition and the money raised through the school is extra.

How much are we talking to get you up to a decent wedding out of this Damon?

Could be time to dig out that chicken costume :ninja:

Never again! :)

Was virtually living in that costume for a fortnight.

The smell...:unsure:

Sterling Archer

We booked Ernest. They were good and reasonably priced.

The Strike

We've booked them for our wedding in march, they came highly recommended!

Sterling Archer

We've booked them for our wedding in march, they came highly recommended!

:thumbsup:

Cheers, will check them out :thumbsup:

Gigolo-Aunt

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Reading this thread and had a few piss take crackers lined up for my reply, but have been totally thrown off track by the photo which has the classic camera man asking "If you could just thrown your arms in the air, like your celebrating in your sitting room". Those type of photos never fail to make me chuckle.

I really am so immature.

laugh.gif

sad.gif

Nice t-shirt :cornette::lol:

Thanks. Glad I insisted upon wearing it.

:sob:

marshallschunkychicken
1336838400[/url]' post='2903707']

I booked a band called 'Seattle' from Loanhead (i think) for my wedding 3 years ago, at the corn exchange. They were superb.

Everyone I spoke to had good things to say about them.

Here's a link http://www.seattleweddingband.co.uk/

Having Seattle at my wedding in September. Good to hear they're as good as we thought from the preview tracks.

Edit: see that DA is getting hitched at Norton. Us too. :thumb:

Tommy Wiseau

I believe Ulysses brought Cornette back purely because he'd seen an advance print of the article containing that photo, Damon.

Thank God. What would I have done without it?

:cornette:

Having Seattle at my wedding in September. Good to hear they're as good as we thought from the preview tracks.

Edit: see that DA is getting hitched at Norton. Us too. :thumb:

Congrats to you. Yeah, they were very good.

We had ours at the corn exchange, and we were lucky with the weather that day. It was the 30th of May and it was scorching, which helped create a great atmosphere on the day.

Can't believe it's nearly 3 years ago already. :(

I believe Ulysses brought Cornette back purely because he'd seen an advance print of the article containing that photo, Damon.

Thank God. What would I have done without it?

:cornette:

Hehe! Was thinking exactly the same!!! :)

laugh.giflaugh.gif

Reading this thread and had a few piss take crackers lined up for my reply, but have been totally thrown off track by the photo which has the classic camera man asking "If you could just thrown your arms in the air, like your celebrating in your sitting room". Those type of photos never fail to make me chuckle.

I really am so immature.

laugh.gif

sad.gif

I think the 'aggrieved, ripped off on double glazing, look as sad as possible' photos in the Evening News or Sunday Mail are even better. :lol:

Gigolo-Aunt

I think the 'aggrieved, ripped off on double glazing, look as sad as possible' photos in the Evening News or Sunday Mail are even better. :lol:

laugh.gif

That's the ones!

Cheers, going to a wedding band showcase at the Corn Exchange on Sunday to see a few and going to see PA's band on Friday night as well. :thumbsup:

Saw PA's band Streamline at a gig on Friday night and would recommend them to anybody else looking for a band.

Archived