The change taking place among the Hearts support

Craigieboy

One of the most depressing things about the Hearts support at the moment, is the way that many fans who were previously optimistic, even despite all the drama that was going on, these same fans are now finished with this regime.

I have spoken with a number of posters on here in the past when I really felt that things were getting bad. I'm going back over a year. These same guys that tried to look on the bright side have had enough now.

That says it all for me.

Any last feelings of optimism (even after the Jan 1st statement), are now completely dashed.

I have read through the AGM thread & it's depressing to see so many guys admit that we are more or less ****ed by this clown & his cast of ****ing arrogant ******* monkeys.

Where will it all end?

The way that RR spoke with the fans today was totally unacceptable.

To think he that some in the audience today have been coming to Tynecastle longer than most of us have been alive, & this arrogant little b@stard treats them like that!

When the chairman feels brave enough to conduct himself in this way, I would have to agree that there is little no hope for them 'turning it around'.

We're ****ed.

Guest juvehearts

correct.

Oh what to do about it. or is everyone too damn depressed to care anymore.

we need a leader in the hearts suppoer, someone with fire & can stand up & defeat the imposters of the far east of europe.

it aint gonae be me thats for sure, the passion for hearts died in me a long time ago when rominov was appointed.

it hurts too much to fight for anything positive anymore.

That's part of it for me mate.

I don't think anyone sees the point in fighting.

These arrogant ***** are simply not going to change.

With the exception of 2 or 3 guys who post on here, mostly every other Hearts supporter I observe is pretty much united in the core view on Romanov.

That is that they have made a pigs ear of running the football side.

Now most I think are coming round to being united on the view that they have made a pigs ear of the non-football side.

With the exception of 2 or 3 guys who post on here, mostly every other Hearts supporter I observe is pretty much united in the core view on Romanov.

Now most I think are coming round to being united on the view that they have made a pigs ear of the non-football side.

OINK!:pouick:

I'm done with them. I'd fall into that category but this season and the way we've been treated is enough. No S/T renewal so ?450 that VR ain't getting.

I'm done with them. I'd fall into that category but this season and the way we've been treated is enough. No S/T renewal so ?450 that VR ain't getting.

Well done m8, it's sad it's come to that but you are atleast making the only stand that you can as a mere supporter of HMFC

I hear a lot of people saying stuff like that, which sugests they are making a good job of something else.

I can't think what is going well.

?36m in debt, shops closed, season tickets not being renewed, 2 year delay on the stand, no manager, awful PR with the supporters.

Which side have they made a good job of?

That's part of it for me mate.

I don't think anyone sees the point in fighting.

These arrogant ***** are simply not going to change.

Listen mate I've tried for the past 2-3 years to make Hearts supporters see this man was going to ruin the club but all I got was insults.

I have done my bit by not buying anything to do with Hearts(apart from my ST but no more,),been on web sites,shouting at games for what,nowt really.

I have washed my hand with Hearts and as previously stated in other post's have made my peace with the fact HMFC are no more,not the HMFC I once proudly supported.

So for all those people out there who abused me on this web site,go feck your selfs you were warned.

I try to stay optimistic but its getting hard these days. Just compare the Burley team with what we have now and its a disgrace. Although in saying that I think we do have some decent players at the club and on the whole better ones than we did under Levein era. Its just getting a decent manager in to help them develop and get us heading in the right direction. The way its going just now is another season of battling for the top 6, not battling against the Old Firm and having a strong hold on third at least.

Im hoping next season will see a big change and Ill be renewing my season ticket to watch it but if we continue like this next year then it could be cheerio to my season ticket.

boabyarsebiscuit
Listen mate I've tried for the past 2-3 years to make Hearts supporters see this man was going to ruin the club but all I got was insults.

I have done my bit by not buying anything to do with Hearts(apart from my ST but no more,),been on web sites,shouting at games for what,nowt really.

I have washed my hand with Hearts and as previously stated in other post's have made my peace with the fact HMFC are no more,not the HMFC I once proudly supported.

So for all those people out there who abused me on this web site,go feck your selfs you were warned.

Gotta love "I told you so" posts!

Gotta love "I told you so" posts!

I think I have a bloody right to have a "told you so" dig after all the abuse I took trying to tell the "real supporters" the score.

maybe if more of you had listened to myself and others we might just have been in a far better position.

gorgie rd eh11
I think I have a bloody right to have a "told you so" dig after all the abuse I took trying to tell the "real supporters" the score.

maybe if more of you had listened to myself and others we might just have been in a far better position.

What a pompous ****. You've done hee haw like everybody else. Moaning to a few hundred people on a message board doesn't make you some kind of freedom fighter. Unbelievable.

What position would that of been playing at Murrayfield until the cash runs out?

I was refering to what sould have been done when GB got sacked and it became quite clear to the rest what was going on at the club and the damage it has caused.

Meetings ,protests,banners,etc should have been held to nip this in the bud,who knows it might have made a massive difference ,but we will never know because the support rolled over and took it right up the rear.

It seem's that 90% or so want change now and they talk about protests ,etc ,to late you made your bed.

boabyarsebiscuit

Eh?

Tattyfilarious, as scouse icon Ken Dodd would say.

There were a few more dissenting voices than just you.

What a pompous ****. You've done hee haw like everybody else. Moaning to a few hundred people on a message board doesn't make you some kind of freedom fighter. Unbelievable.

Have I,do you know me,how do you know I've done "hee haw" you just like the majority have now woken up to what has been happening at the club and you don't like it that some realised long before you and the rest.

I have done all I can to the extent I was ejected from the groud against Dun Utd and no longer have my ST,what have you done to stop the lingering death of Heart of Midlothian Football Club?

Italian Lambretta

I know most don't want to believe this but there has always been an apathetic approach by the vast majority of Hearts fans to whats happening at our club.

Even during the Robinson era when protests were raging there was less than a 3rd of our support who actively took part in the protest march.

3 years later we will still only have a minority who want to take action but more worryingly the apathetic majority has got a lot bigger since Vlad took over.

Eh?

Tattyfilarious, as scouse icon Ken Dodd would say.

There were a few more dissenting voices than just you.

Yes there was,and they got the same treatment,I suppose all the posters who did have a right go are oh so proud of themself now,now that the club appears to be going down the grubber.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Have I,do you know me,how do you know I've done "hee haw" you just like the majority have now woken up to what has been happening at the club and you don't like it that some realised long before you and the rest.

I have done all I can to the extent I was ejected from the groud against Dun Utd and no longer have my ST,what have you done to stop the lingering death of Heart of Midlothian Football Club?

A round of appluase for this man.

He got angry.

Well done.

:kiss2:

A round of appluase for this man.

He got angry.

Well done.

And well done to you rent boy,now take your trousers down and brace your self for another podgering from Vlad.

boabyarsebiscuit
And well done to you rent boy,now take your trousers down and brace your self for another podgering from Vlad.

You're a funny guy, dude.

I want to come to your show in the Fringe. I reckon you could win the Perrier award.

Heart of Midlothian will never die matey. With or without Romanov there will still be a Heart of Midlothian Football Club.

You're a funny guy, dude.

I want to come to your show in the Fringe. I reckon you could win the Perrier award.

Aye very good,It's a comedy show just like we have at Tynecastle.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Brillant reply.

You're a funny man.

Drew Busby !
I was refering to what sould have been done when GB got sacked and it became quite clear to the rest what was going on at the club and the damage it has caused.

Meetings ,protests,banners,etc should have been held to nip this in the bud,who knows it might have made a massive difference ,but we will never know because the support rolled over and took it right up the rear.

It seem's that 90% or so want change now and they talk about protests ,etc ,to late you made your bed.

I don't get it. If only 5% or 10% or 20% or whatever could see see it coming 2-3 years ago, then obviously being in that then "minority" position would never have been enough to start a viable protest movement.

But now that we have 90% or so (your figure) it's too late ?

Regardless, I agree with others on this thread. It's an unfortunate fact - whether its 5% or 95% - that apathy and powerlessness are the most commonplace emotion amongst ALL Hearts fans. They were apathetic in the late 60s when the wheels started coming off the decade of success. They were apathetic in the 70's when the slide to relegation began. They were powerless when relegation happened. They were powerless when Robinson had us a few months away from Murrayfield. They were powerless when Romanov took over. And now there are equal amounts of apathy and powerlessness at our present predicament.

Historically, Hearts fans have never charged the palace gates. We have one remaining shot in our puny revolver though, and thats with-holding ST's.

Any other notion of protest just isn't borne out by history, behaviour or attitudes.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
I don't get it. If only 5% or 10% or 20% or whatever could see see it coming 2-3 years ago, then obviously being in that then "minority" position would never have been enough to start a viable protest movement.

Regardless, I agree with others on this thread. It's an unfortunate fact - whether its 5% or 95% - that apathy and powerlessness are the most commonplace emotion amongst ALL Hearts fans. They were apathetic in the late 60s when the wheels started coming off the decade of success. They were apathetic in the 70's when the slide to relegation began. They were powerless when relegation happened. They were powerless when Robinson had us a few months away from Murrayfield. They were powerless when Romanov took over. And now there are equal amounts of apathy and powerlessness at our present predicament.

Historically, Hearts fans have never charged the palace gates. We have one remaining shot in our puny revolver though, and thats with-holding ST's.

Any other notion of protest just isn't borne out by history, behaviour or attitudes.

One of the saddest posts I have ever read on JKB.

And true every word of it.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Jeez, that didn't half depress me.

Probably because it is 100% accurate.

:sad:

Even in "the dark days" not many people thought Hearts would go under,this opinion has changed,people are turning their backs on Hearts by the droves.

Even under CPR I supported Hearts through thick and thin but now I have not much feeling left for Hearts and now some supporters,who just cant see the wood for the tree's and their ignorance to others who at times pleas were ridiculed.

Myself and others were easy targets to mock regularly,but now it looks like we were correct some still find it amusing an still try and make a fool off me/us.

Our club is in a seriously bad way but no one want's to do anything,yes I had my oneman protest but at the very least I tried to do something not just sit back and watch.

I keep saying that I have run out off love for my club but maybe I've not maybe all these posters just dont care enough for the club to actual do something about it.

It's very easy to sit back and watch someone else make a fool of them selfs trying to be listend to,will they feel the same if they don't have a team to watch on a saturday afternoon.

Drew Busby !
Even in "the dark days" not many people thought Hearts would go under,this opinion has changed,people are turning their backs on Hearts by the droves.

Even under CPR I supported Hearts through thick and thin but now I have not much feeling left for Hearts and now some supporters,who just cant see the wood for the tree's and their ignorance to others who at times pleas were ridiculed.

Myself and others were easy targets to mock regularly,but now it looks like we were correct some still find it amusing an still try and make a fool off me/us.

Our club is in a seriously bad way but no one want's to do anything,yes I had my oneman protest but at the very least I tried to do something not just sit back and watch.

I keep saying that I have run out off love for my club but maybe I've not maybe all these posters just dont care enough for the club to actual do something about it.

It's very easy to sit back and watch someone else make a fool of them selfs trying to be listend to,will they feel the same if they don't have a team to watch on a saturday afternoon.

Fair enough rudi, I'm not having a pop at you.

Fact of the matter is taking about 15,000 regular match-goers, it was inevitable that different breaking points and different truths would be arrived at, at different times over 2-3 years.

If it's taken that time to get to "here" for the 90% that you quote, then so be it... we really couldn't have got here any quicker than that, no matter how much understandable frustration that you may feel about it.

I think most of us are in broad agreement about the way things are now - and that with-holding ST's may be our last throw of the dice before god only knows what. :peace:

Archived