Hearts face massive bill

Susie-Jambo-66

Geoff Kilpatrick

A sensationalised story but the council clause is actually a good thing. It will stop any procrastination on the part of UBIG.

This is fair enough, all Hearts need to do is input a similiar cause with any contract they draw up with any builder.

Ibrahim Tall
Hearts face massive bill for kicking out nursery

'kicking out', that'll be paying for it to be relocated to a brand new building? Good one.

Yes I am in agreement with the Council on this one. No delays, the council are just protecting us, the tax payers, if Vlad starts any of his games. The only worry is that if we did incur the bill for any delay it would simply add to our debt, which wouldnt be helpful to us.

Rudolf's Mate

love how they say 'Kick out nursery!!!' What a load of counts these people are! Anyway we should report them for taking pictures of children playing!!! I doubt they had permission from the kids parents!

Surely the correct headline should read

"Standard Clause Inserted in Planning Application"

Oh sorry that wouldn't make it look like Hearts were doing something wrong.

What a non-story.

Broxburn Jambo
Yes I am in agreement with the Council on this one. No delays, the council are just protecting us, the tax payers, if Vlad starts any of his games. The only worry is that if we did incur the bill for any delay it would simply add to our debt, which wouldnt be helpful to us.

The council could have protected the tax payers a lot earlier if they had let WM build at Hermiston all those years ago, Green belt my ar*e

The council could have protected the tax payers a lot earlier if they had let WM build at Hermiston all those years ago, Green belt my ar*e

That is a very good point - the problem was, the Council was Labour and Mercer was a Tory.

The delay is more than likely to be with the Council in the time it will taketo grant HMFC Plannibg Permission. I have known much smaller projects than this one take uo to THREE years to clear the Council stage.

The council could have protected the tax payers a lot earlier if they had let WM build at Hermiston

Thankfully they didn't and we're still at Tynecastle.

Guest juvehearts

i cant believe what im going to post but that wee scrotebaw jT&T off the hibsman's website is 100% correct :evilno::mad:

18/04/2008 12:35:29

The council have inserted clauses that could lead to a six figure sum being charged to Hearts if building work is not started by a certain date. It's the council who have yet to get their fingers out their backsides and approve these plans, how can HMFC be billed for smething by those still to approve the plans.

Does this mean if they reject the plans we would still be charged then?

spot on.

now im away to wash my mouth out.

bean counter

Total non story ............. this week has been full of them because of the AGM.

Its only a cost if there has been no significant work by the January date so its a potential cost only.

I think the Council are beginning to doubt the credibility of the planning application. Maybe they don't think Hearts/Ukio/UBIG have got the financial clout they made out they had in the first place. Certainly will worry that they have any contingency funding in place.

As someone who works in the Department that is dealing with the application, I can assure everyone it is following normal process as would any application this size. The Council have no problems with it and if anyone who knows anything about the process would tell you, this kind of clause in the application of this size is a regular insert bearing in mind the land we need to aquire.

The application will be approved.

The only person that will stop the building of the new stand will be the owner.

Let's be honest here, Hearts "kicking out the nursery" is more of a headline grabber from the tabloid rag that is the Evening News than Hearts ready to proceed.

Anyway,

COME ON THE HEARTS.

Bigman

maroonlegions

Hearts face massive bill for kicking out nursery

By ANDREW PICKEN

HEARTS are to be warned they will face a six-figure bill for the temporary relocation of Tynecastle Nursery if work on the club's new main stand is delayed.

Council officials have recommended inserting a clause in its agreement with the Gorgie side that makes the club liable for costs of the move if work on the stadium has not "substantially commenced" by January 2010.

The Evening News understands the bill for the nursery's temporary home in Wheatfield Street will be a "significant" six-figure sum, with interest on top.

As things stand, the complex deal between Hearts and the council will not leave taxpayers out of pocket, but any delays could change all that, forcing officials to make moves to protect the council.

Tynecastle Nursery will leave its current home behind the existing main stand next summer. But work on a permanent replacement in McLeod Street, next to the new Tynecastle High, will not get under way until 2010 at the earliest, so the nursery will be in its temporary home for at least two years. The city council will absorb the cost of the relocation, but the bill will be sent to Hearts if the development drags on and the nursery has to stay any longer.

Work on the ?51 million redevelopment of the stadium is scheduled to begin next summer, but the club this week dismissed claims its growing debt had placed a question mark over the project.

Council officials recommended changes to the deal with Hearts because of the "passage of time" in the negotiations and this will be discussed by the council's finance committee next Tuesday.

Councillor Gordon Mackenzie, the city's finance leader, said: "With any project like this, irrespective of wether it is Hearts or a housebuilder, where there is a risk involved, it is prudent for us to put in measures which will protect our interests. It is a complex deal but I am confident progress is being made."

The application for the redevelopment, which includes a new 10,000-seater main stand and other commercial facilities, was submitted in January ? a year later than originally expected.

A club spokesman said: "We share the council's view that

progress continues to be made in what is undoubtedly a complex series of negotiations.

"However, there can be no doubt that the agreement in place demonstrates Heart of Midlothian's commitment to this project."

Last month Hearts said it would not start work on the redevelopment until summer next year at the earliest. A few days later, it emerged Hearts' debt had reached ?36m.

Councillor Ian Perry, the city's Labour finance spokesman, said: "Hearts have given the council assurances they will meet a number of milestones over the coming period. If this doesn't happen and the council incurs additional expense, it is only right that Hearts pick up the bill.":confused:

Negotiations over moving whisky from bonds in Wheatfield Street have prolonged the development process. But it is now understood a deal has been reached between the club, the city council and North British Distillers.:rolleyes:

So at the end of the day vlad better get his finger oot eh.:cool:

Stuart Lyon

bigwull2 - excellent idea! accelerate the approval process (after all we were assured that great care was taken to get it right first time) and let's see how Vlad reacts.

maroonlegions
All the council needs to do is grant permission for the stand then, and call Vlads bluff

sounds good to me, lets see his true colours.;)

Archived