Happy 50th Birthday to Eamonn Bannon

Hearts Heritage

I notice the Hobo is the flying winger himself, Tony Higgins. Bannon was a far classier footballer than him.

I loved him before his move to Chelsea, was never as good on his return, although he did score a tremendous goal for Dundee United against us. The same game I an Ferguson scored against us from the halfway line!

My friend played under him at Falkirk and said he was a hopeless manager.

Arthur Axident

All the best Eamonn

a great player for us, I remember queing for tickets one day and watching all the players arriving for training in thier top of the range cars at the time thinking lucky barstewards then Eamonn arrives in a Fiat Panda carrying his kit in a poly bag. Man o' the people that Eamonn Bannon I thought.

Christian Nade ? Lamborghini? give me the baldy maestro(wasn't that a make of car as well?) anyday.

Arf

I thought he was older than 50, but fair play to him he must have had a hard paper or milk round. But happy 50th anyway Mr. Bannon, he was a good player for us before signing for Chelsea.

I had the pleasure of playing in the same team as Eammon for a couple of years. Lots of good memorys including him pointing out the start of my bald patch on my first training session.....it was a bit surreal getting called baldy from one of the nations most famous baldys.

My favourite Bannon moment in a Hearts jersey was that goal he scored against hibs when he went shoulder to shoulder with the last defender and left the guy in a heap before sticking the ball in the net.

All the best Eammon and happy 50th.

Boaby Ewing

I saw him after a game once in the Little Chef near Blair Atholl.

It's clearly the diet that kept him looking so young.

littlechefMS0109_468x350.jpg

See if it was his fortieth, I could cope with that a lot better. Thanks for reminding me that I'm just getting......old!

My favourite ever player though, so cheers EB.

Played inthe same team as him at Liberton High School.

Got a team photo and if you saw the barnet on him then you would never believe he would be bald as a coot 33 years later!

Same goes for me!

Hearts Heritage

Got a team photo and if you saw the barnet on him then you would never believe he would be bald as a coot 33 years later!

Same goes for me!

Any chance of scanning it in for us?

Nelly Terraces
All the best Eamonn

a great player for us, I remember queing for tickets one day and watching all the players arriving for training in thier top of the range cars at the time thinking lucky barstewards then Eamonn arrives in a Fiat Panda carrying his kit in a poly bag. Man o' the people that Eamonn Bannon I thought.

Christian Nade ? Lamborghini? give me the baldy maestro(wasn't that a make of car as well?) anyday.

Arf

:biggrin: Good yin!

Think they're still trying to find the ba' from that pen he missed against Rankgers back in the 70's - went right over the terrace. Think air traffic control picked it up on their radar!:biggrin:

EB was sound for us - scored against the vermin on his return, so that's instant legend status in my eyes. Great player throughout his career as well. My sister even went out with him a coupla times - true.

Cheers. Happy birthday baldy!

NT

PS, Tony Higgins looks like Roy Wood fae The Move in that photie.:band2:

Same goes for me!

Aw come on...find the photo. You've got to post that one up.

Any chance of scanning it in for us?

In the office just now but I'll bring it into work on Monday and post it then.

I thought he was older than 50, but fair play to him he must have had a hard paper or milk round. But happy 50th anyway Mr. Bannon, he was a good player for us before signing for Chelsea.

Nah that's what having twins does to you.

Same.

Eamonn..... Eamonn..... Eamonn... Eamonn Bannon. One of the crapist songs ever.

Possibly true, but could we not maybe just have a wee bit of romance here........?

Happy birthday Mr Bannon

Like others on here I'm treating this day with mixed emotions.... I remember growing uo watching Bannon etc.... Which means I'm getting on now..... I'll have to start thinking about ISAs and caravaning soon.

http://scotsport.podbean.com

Archived