Fave Comedy Of All Time: Whats yours??

Jambo2006

AH GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON FATHER!!!

i dont think theres a bad caharacter in Father Ted, its just brilliant. Remember the one with the whistle? The wee guy running about with it cracked me up.

Love the couple who are always trying to kill each other as well.

Only Fools and Horses

Men Behaving Badly cracks me up

Also enjoy Friends, Father Ted, although a quiz show Never Mind the Buzzcocks is sometimes hilarious aswell.

PsychocAndy

"The Pallbearers Revue"

Gervais :evilno:is just a very very watered down Sadowitz.

Father Ted

Never mind the Buzzcocks

On the radio there was a great show called the Human Zoo with Tommy Boyd, aye out of Magpie. Punters would phone in and it was magic. I used to bite myself so as to not wake up the family. 80% of it was brilliant the rest was hit n miss though.

am I the only person who thinks that Only Fools and Horses was the most overrated sit com evr written,

I'm with you on that one. It's a show for cretins. I have a mate - a big lanky galoot - who loves it, which proves my point. ;)

It's hard for me to pick a favourite that hasn't been mentioned already, but I agree with "Shed Floodlight" - "Love Thy Neighbour" was ground breaking and highly under rated.

I'm with you on that one. It's a show for cretins. I have a mate - a big lanky galoot - who loves it, which proves my point. ;)

It's hard for me to pick a favourite that hasn't been mentioned already, but I agree with "Shed Floodlight" - "Love Thy Neighbour" was ground breaking and highly under rated.

why?

why?

It's full of cockney stereotypes and just not funny. Compare the standard of writing and acting to some other comedies and you'll soon realise what I mean.

It's full of cockney stereotypes and just not funny. Compare the standard of writing and acting to some other comedies and you'll soon realise what I mean.

Most comedies are full of stereotypes, basil fawlty for one, if you don`t like something just say it instead of slagging people off that do

Most comedies are full of stereotypes, basil fawlty for one, if you don`t like something just say it instead of slagging people off that do

Ok, it's clear you're on the wind up, but it's Friday so I'll humour you. :cool:

Basil Fawlty was a stereotype of what exactly? :confused:

Ok, it's clear you're on the wind up, but it's Friday so I'll humour you. :cool:

Basil Fawlty was a stereotype of what exactly? :confused:

Eh!

Englander

Disliked the germans

neurotic

under the thumb of his wife

sterotypical spanish waiter qui!!!

sterotypical guests in his hotel

its not me on the wind up:confused:

Eh!

Englander

Disliked the germans

neurotic

under the thumb of his wife

sterotypical spanish waiter qui!!!

sterotypical guests in his hotel

its not me on the wind up:confused:

I don't deny Manuel was a stereotype. But Basil wasn't and neither were any of the other characters.

Everyone in OFAH is a stereotype. Lazy writing.

I don't deny Manuel was a stereotype. But Basil wasn't and neither were any of the other characters.

Everyone in OFAH is a stereotype. Lazy writing.

Emm no.

Only Fools and Horses is by far the best.

John Sullivan is a legend.

Carl Spackler

Chester and PaddyHMFC you my friends are an outrage. The Mighty Boosh is magic. It's a shining beacon amongst a load of neurotic American p^%h like Scrubs and all the nonsense we are fed from across the water. Apart from Family Guy and South Park of course.

None as good as Father Ted though.

Porridge is genius.

Minder is classic.

Phoenix Nights was superb too although mainly because it nicked old jokes and regurgitated them to some extent.

Monty Python ace too.

But favourite has to be Ted.

Has to be Blackadder..... Only Fools and Horses went on far far too long... Quit when your ahead....

I'd have to say that even the poorest Blackadder series - I - is light years better than the best OFAH.

yvonnejambo

Well I thought through from when I was young(er) so back in the day it was The Young Ones, The Liver Birds, Fawlty Towers and Only Fools. Moved onto Mrs Merton Show and then Father Ted. Then Spaced and Black Books now Family Guy

My standouts are Mrs Merton and Spaced

Bordeaux 03
nathan barley is a genius comedy from chris morris. cracks me up because it is so true to london life.

Preacher Man! Nathan Barley was quite weird and strangely funny. Peep Show another C4 comedy is one of my all time favourites however is just pipped to the post by OFAH.

I recommend The Thick of It with Chris Langham, Peter Capaldi and Chris Addison all 3 are genius actors. I hope Langham will do a second series but i doubt it.

Ivanauskas33
Since it hasn't appeared in any of the 35 posts so far, am I the only person to have loved Seinfeld?

Thought so.

Don't worry you're not the only one. Just completed my collection of the DVD's the other day. Worth watching just for George Costanza. I still prefer Curb Your Enthusiasm though

movies wise,

superbad is possibly the funniest film ive seen to date

closley followed by napoleon dynomite .

tv wise,

has to be chewin the fat, still game and south park

followed by skins

sexual harassment panda has got to be the funniest thing ive seen on tele ever

total genius :107years:

Miller Jambo 60
:ninja:Fawlty Towers...all twelve episodes! Hard to believe that's all there was!:eek:

Lynn

Mine too could watch all night.

jamboinglasgow
The guys "Neg" on "Balls of Steal" is good. Apart from that the shows pretty crap. The presenters a nob

The Royal Family. Now that was a good laugh

just watched balls of steel and was cracking myself laughing. Neg is my fav with the urban skittles the best:

though like miltant black guy, the quiz show and the bunny boiler.

Since it hasn't appeared in any of the 35 posts so far, am I the only person to have loved Seinfeld?

Thought so.

Can't believe Seinfeld took so long to be mentioned. Still watch it regularly on reruns. Fawlty Towers and Are You Being Served also appealed to my sense of humor.

just watched balls of steel and was cracking myself laughing. Neg is my fav with the urban skittles the best:

though like miltant black guy, the quiz show and the bunny boiler.

The militant black guy and Mr.Inappropriate were hilarious on last nights one. :)

The Office. By a distance. Simply put, a work of pure genius.

I've just finished watching it again this week and i'll probably watch it again next week because it just gets better every time i watch it. The scene in the episode just before Brent gives his motivational speech where he's getting his picture taken had me in tears yet again. One of the finest acting performances ever seen on British tv by Ricky Gervais it's hard to believe that he hadn't done a stroke of acting til then, although i do suspect that there's more than a little of himself in there. And the decision to film it documentary style with no silly laughter tracks paid off big time.

The Office is a flawless piece of work. Completely unique.

I've just finished watching it again this week and i'll probably watch it again next week because it just gets better every time i watch it. The scene in the episode just before Brent gives his motivational speech where he's getting his picture taken had me in tears yet again. One of the finest acting performances ever seen on British tv by Ricky Gervais it's hard to believe that he hadn't done a stroke of acting til then, although i do suspect that there's more than a little of himself in there. And the decision to film it documentary style with no silly laughter tracks paid off big time.

Not unique at all.Boring ****.

Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Cheers.

Dads Army.

Early Doors.

2 and a half men.

Rising Damp.

Becker.

Frasier.

Porridge.

Blackadder.

Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Cheers.

Dads Army.

Early Doors.

2 and a half men.

Rising Damp.

Becker.

Frasier.

Porridge.

Blackadder.

What other comedies are like The Office then?

DemonCleaner

spaced is my favorite by far and it makes me a little sad knowing they are gonna remake it.

also like peep show and brass eye. good call whoever mentioned trailer park boys also.

Father Ted. One look at Father Jack leaves me in stitches, and everything Dougal says cracks me up.

I have the box-set lying about some where, it's a must. Can watch it for hours.

Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Cheers.

Dads Army.

Early Doors.

2 and a half men.

Rising Damp.

Becker.

Frasier.

Porridge.

Blackadder.

i really dont see how u can slag off the office and then include 2 and a half men :confused:

each to their own though.

Thought so.

I thought Seinfeld was great!

I'll add "Curb Your Enthusiasm". Love it!

Sexton Hardcastle

Agreed. Along with Extras, the Office is a totaly different level of comedy. Maybe some people need the audience laugh as to show them were the gag is intended. Gutted the series never went any further but also watching previous episodes over and over gets me everytime.

"Ultimate fantasy? Lesbians...Sisters, Im just watching" Superb

Gervais is a genius!! "Free love on the free love freeway..." I have never laughed so hard and any programme as I did the first time I seen the training episode of the Office!! Comedy Gold and very well acted!!

Blackadder goes Forth was brilliant and I never get bored of it! That and Frasier. Still watch repeats of that. Niles is a brilliant character. Love The Mighty Boosh, League of Gentlemen, Gavin & Stacey, Early Doors, and Buzzcocks (though no really a "comedy" as such! Just funny as feck!) Love everything Russell Brand has done too heehee!! Just finished watching the 4 series of Teachers which was brilliant!!

heartgarfunkel

Nathan Barley

Fawlty Towers

The Paul Hogan Show (in bits)

Selected Tiswas episodes

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Porridge

Jam TV

Brass Eye

I'm Alan Patridge

:)

Archived