Fave Comedy Of All Time: Whats yours??

Jambo2006

I was watchin a show the other night of ''when we were funniest''?

What is your fave all time comedy shows??

Must say in my opinion the old ones are the best Such as ''Only Fools and Horses'' are the best as well as the legendary Benny Hill, pity he wasnt still alive and younger and could play footie as we could do with a fast person at Hearts hahaha!

So set the ball rollin whats your fave comedies fellow jambos and others??

Legend Claws

The Office cracks me up in a cringy way every time. Like you love Only Fools & Horses.

Friends does have some classic moments too and the added value of Rachel & Monica.

Drew Busby !

Red Dwarf, series 1 to 6. It just got better and better and better with each series. I can say that I've watched each episode so many times that I know word for word the gags as they come up ... I still laugh my socks off.

The wheels came off when the writing partnership broke up and it became apparent that Grant was the funny one (he left) and Naylor wasn't (he stayed and wrte the pash-poor series 7 and 8).

Anyway smoke me a kipper...

:ninja:Fawlty Towers...all twelve episodes! Hard to believe that's all there was!:eek:

Lynn

Porridge/Rising Damp/Young One`s.............and most of the above.

Never found Monty Python funny though, but the Goons are/were superb.

All about opinions, though. :confused:

League of Gentlemen series 1 + 2

Scrubs

Larry Sanders

Curb Your Enthusiasm

From the late 80s to current, in my book, these are the finest comedy shows of the last 20 years.

Sexton Hardcastle

The Office/ Extras

Hells Kitchen/The F Word - Both comedy gold

Family Guy

Arrested Development

Fools And Horses

Have to go back to the 70's for me, Porridge, Rising Damp, The Likely Lads and Fawlty Towers, latterly Men Behaving Badly and more recently The Office and Phoenix Nights, and am I the only person who thinks that Only Fools and Horses was the most overrated sit com evr written, a few classic episodes true, but never as funny as the majority of people make ouy.

in no order ;

Blackadder

only fools

the new statemans (rik at his very best IMO !)

drop the deap donkey

simpsons

family guy

Bert Le Clos
Friends

Simpsons

South Park

Family Guy

Only Fools and Horses

Scrubs

Blackadder

Add to that Some Mothers Do Have Them and Fawlty Towers

I grew up watching and loving The Young Ones and Blackadder. The Young Ones hasn't dated well, a child of it's time, much like the never repeated Filthy, Rich and Catflap (one series, childish brilliance, but of it's time and less sophisticated than Jordan on Channel 5).

Blackadder is still funny though, but Fawlty Towers is the best ever.

More recent favourites are Friends which had some brilliant episodes, even series, although it failed to maintain a high level throughout and currently My Name Is Earl, I thought last night's episode was one of the best for a while.

conn artist

nathan barley is a genius comedy from chris morris. cracks me up because it is so true to london life.

Some may think it is poor taste, bud Bo Selecta is just genius

I know, it isnt the same as the all time comedy classics, but its just hillarious.

Just look at his sketches of Georgey Michael when hes "Ski-ing"

Third Rock From The Sun. Soooooopeeeeeerb

I constantly record the re-runs and still laugh, even when I know what is coming. One of the best of all time imo.

Also like Scrubs, Blackadder, Only Fools etc:arf:

jamboinglasgow

Monty Python

Blackadder

Family Guy

The Goon Show

I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again (if we're including radio)

I agree with the person who said Fools and horses is overratted, never really saw its appeal.

And if anyone says Catherine Tate I will go mad as find her the most unfunny person ever, (closely followed by Little Britain who were funny at first then just did the same joke over and over.)

Father Ted. No question.

I second that. The funniest "sitcom" created IMO. There have been a few good comedies in and many have been mentioned but this and The Fast Show are the only two that consistently make me laugh.

The Simpons

Friends

Family Guy

American Dad

Gavin And Stacey

Two Pints And A Packet Of Crisps

Rab C Nesbit

Still Game

:)

I think i would also go for Father Ted, although you really cant ignore classics like Fawlty Towers, Fools and Horses etc.

Peep Show is possibly the most underrated though. The best one on just now is My Name is Earl, which is odd coz i think American comedy is generally crap (at least the modern stuff is imo).

Quite enjoying the IT crowd as well at the moment.

Monty Python

Blackadder

Family Guy

The Goon Show

I'm Sorry I'll Read that Again (if we're including radio)

I agree with the person who said Fools and horses is overratted, never really saw its appeal.

And if anyone says Catherine Tate I will go mad as find her the most unfunny person ever, (closely followed by Little Britain who were funny at first then just did the same joke over and over.)

I will see your Catherine Tate and Little Britain and raise you Friends and the Mighty Boosh.

A few classics already mentioned. I would also like to add the following...

Ali G

Borat

Both characters have the ability to make me laugh uncontrollably!

Sexton Hardcastle
I will see your Catherine Tate and Little Britain and raise you Friends and the Mighty Boosh.

You have just lost any respect i had for you on this forum by saying that. I really dont get how people like that show. Its got two complete tossers who just talk and do "random" things. The boy fielding is a complete idiot. How he gets awards for anything let alone dress sense is beyond me. How on earth its a TV show and he has become fashionable is a joke. MightyBoosh GTF, your boring

You have just lost any respect i had for you on this forum by saying that. I really dont get how people like that show. Its got two complete tossers who just talk and do "random" things. The boy fielding is a complete idiot. How he gets awards for anything let alone dress sense sums up the state of this nation.

Yeah i was slagging it off also, Jamboinglasgow was saying he hates Tate and Little Britain and i was saying i hate Friends and the Mighty B**sh.

I agree with everyone thing you say :thumb:

blondejamtart

Am I the only one who really doesn't get the whole Ricky Gervais thing? I just don't find him funny at all.....

Oh, and Bo Selecta would have to come into the "completely unfunny" category as well!

Since it hasn't appeared in any of the 35 posts so far, am I the only person to have loved Seinfeld?

Thought so.

Sexton Hardcastle
Yeah i was slagging it off also, Jamboinglasgow was saying he hates Tate and Little Britain and i was saying i hate Friends and the Mighty B**sh.

I agree with everyone thing you say :thumb:

Ah okay got the idea now. Despise the Cant

Sexton Hardcastle
Am I the only one who really doesn't get the whole Ricky Gervais thing? I just don't find him funny at all.....

Oh, and Bo Selecta would have to come into the "completely unfunny" category as well!

Yes and the first one and i agree on the second. Gervias is a hero. If you havent already check out his glitzy pop career on youtube before he was know as a comedian

Brass Eye is still head and shoulders above everything else, its predecessor The Day Today coming second.

Im the same with the Mighty Boosh. Probably, along with the League of Gentlemen, the most overrated comedy show to come out of the UK.

I forgot to add that I really like Marion and Geoff and I dont think anyone has mentioned it. I could very well be on my own with that though.

I agree with CCP that Peep Show is vastly underrated. Great TV.

Not a fan of US shows TBH but I do like Curb and currently find Two and A Half Men very very funny.

I really can't decide between I'm Alan Partridge and The Fast Show.

Patridge probably deserves it for being a cringe comedy I can actually enjoy, nay love, but The Fast Show really was and probably still is the best British sketch show of all-time.

Sexton Hardcastle

The guys "Neg" on "Balls of Steal" is good. Apart from that the shows pretty crap. The presenters a nob

The Royal Family. Now that was a good laugh

The Shed Floodlight

Love Thy Neighbour. Sadly the PC brigade have got this banned from t.v i am led to believe unless someone knows otherwise. Oh for the days when you could call a spade a spade and all that.....;)

coppercrutch

-I'm Alan Partridge

-Curb your enthusiasm

-Trailer Park Boys

-Blackadder Goes Forth

-Peep Show

-Extras

-US Office

-UK Office

-Family Guy

-Porridge

-Saxondale

-Plus a show used to be on about a landlord in a pub with dodgy Coppers in it ? Very funny.

I second that. The funniest "sitcom" created IMO. There have been a few good comedies in and many have been mentioned but this and The Fast Show are the only two that consistently make me laugh.

AH GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON GO ON FATHER!!!

Father ted,

only fools

one foot in the grave

faulty towers

blackadder

porridge

in fact most 70s comedy

Cheers

Blackadder

The Young Ones

and Friday Night Live with Fry & Lawrie , Stavros the Greek and others too numerous to mention. :)

Archived