wallace money

red

Any further news on this? Are we getting or likely to get anything? Not read one thing in press regarding spl paying us(funny that).

We have already been forced to allow arguably our two best players in Kello and Black to leave yet they muppets are due us close to one million pounds!. Extremely Unfair

Gene Parmesan

Rangers don't owe us anything until the end of the season. After that, we'll know, but we can't force them to pay money that's not due yet.

There's more to Kello's transfer then meets the eye and blackie is a liability, he's good sometimes but more often than not he's either being sent off or taken off as he is on a yellow.

There's more to Kello's transfer then meets the eye and blackie is a liability, he's good sometimes but more often than not he's either being sent off or taken off as he is on a yellow.

Good to know!

Guest GhostHunter

:what:

blackie is a liability, he's good sometimes but more often than not he's either being sent off or taken off as he is on a yellow.

That one is as good as "H*** play like Brazil" or "Zal gives away a goal and a penalty every game".

Maurice Moss

Haha commical post. That the same Blackie that has been one of our best players this season? That has been sent off just twice in his entire Hearts career and has played in just about every match he has been available for?

Disagree Turbo. But lets not start 20pages off this. Just wondered about the small matter of EIGHT HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS :-0

All I'm trying to say is that he can be a hot head at times, booked 12 times and sent off twice in 27 games this season. On the other hand played 86 games and scored 4 goals during his time at hearts.

We were but it was mentioned in original post about kello/blackie leaving. Kello's is due to politics and with blackie is it really worth renewing his contract??

stirlingshirejambo

It's due in June

It's due now

Any monies due when a business gowes into administration becomes immediately due, there are no "future" debts

Haha commical post. That the same Blackie that has been one of our best players this season? That has been sent off just twice in his entire Hearts career and has played in just about every match he has been available for?

Off topic, but I read your posts in the same voice as Moss, and it brightens my day up a little :thumbsup:

Jambo, Goodbye

We were but it was mentioned in original post about kello/blackie leaving. Kello's is due to politics and with blackie is it really worth renewing his contract??

I'm not convinced you've ever been to Tynie except for maybe getting off on the wrong bus stop or something if you truly believe that it may not be worth it?

ST holder and I don't think it is, I've given my examples i.e discipline, goals. Yes he can be good at times but worthy of being a high earner??? It's makes sense from the clubs prospective and I agree with letting him go.

Rangers don't owe us anything until the end of the season. After that, we'll know, but we can't force them to pay money that's not due yet.

They owe us the Wallace money, they just haven't defaulted on it yet. Just because its not due by the terms of the agreement it doesn't mean they don't owe it.

Since there are some random posts on here, can I say, I am glad we did not sign Zander Diamond.

laugh.gif It's hilarious how out of context this post is!

In terms of the WALLACE MONEY i'm sure if a team goes into administration do debts not all have to be paid ASAP, dates go out the window and it's all about money? Could be misinformed mind you i'm not sure.

Also I don't think we will get it, the likely hood of liquidation is setting in at Rangers as even McCoist is coming to terms with it. So if they get liquidated they owe us nothing and we are screwed.

If they don't get liquidated you can bet your ass a CVA is agreed and knowing out luck with finances we would get about 2p to the pound.

But I think it will be liquidation and a NEWCO if i'm honest.

So this SPL ruling wasnt true then wherby they pay us from monies due to Rangers? I know this topic has been exhausted but just wondered. sickening that we are losing our best players and they are due us a fortune yet Mccoist(whom i admire or did) is mouthing off about things being unfair!

mahgrassyshoes

All this thread is missing is a Nade's fat LOLZ! and a Obua/Novikovas has the heart of a mouse and we have every shite cliche used on kickback in the last 2 years.

Can we not get it back from the SPL from the money due to Rangers?

Yes, we can. If Romanov chooses to we can take ?800,000 from their ?900,000 2nd place prize money thumbsup.gif

But Rangers need to stay alive until the end of the season for that to happen.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/314899/Hearts-could-wipe-out-Rangers-cash-jackpot?

Can we not get it back from the SPL from the money due to Rangers?

The SPL was able to do that with Gretna but this is on a completely different scale. The SPL prize money won't cover Rangers Debts

The SPL may be able to make sure other clubs get paid a few more pence in the pound but they're not going to be able to mop this all up

Footballfirst

A company goes into administration when they are "unable to pay their debts as they fall due". That is the current state of RFC(IA). Everyone due money from RFC(IA), either now or in the future, immediately becomes a creditor, which is why Hearts appear on the list of creditors.

If that was not the case then Ticketus would not be a creditor either as they are not due to receive their next instalment of the ST deal of around ?9M until June.

If Hearts do not receive the funds from the SPL, then they will be able to vote for/against any CVA that is proposed. Failing that they will have to wait for the sale of assets in a liquidation to see if there is anything left to be paid to unsecured creditors, which I suspect would be the square root of SFA.

I was talking to my girlfriends dad who is a Rangers fan (the reason I know i'll never marry her) and he says he hopes the Wallace money is paid in full, because if Hearts have any say in a CVA, we could decline and potentially ruin their CVA route.

He thinks Romanov would say no to a CVA,and rightly so, because of his obvious hatrid of the old firm.

Opinions on this?

Will these new rules affect the Wallace money:

SPL clubs have agreed new sanctions against teams who fail to settle outstanding bills with other member clubs by the end of each calendar year.

At a general meeting, a new rule was introduced requiring clubs to ?have no outstanding sums due to other SPL clubs as at 31 December in any year?.

Failure to do so would constitute a breach of SPL rules with punishments ranging from fines, points deductions to expulsion from the league.

Other rules to be introduced include from next season include, pitch protection rules will be introduced to minimise the risk of damage to pitches during pre-match warm-ups.

New media co-operation rules will also be put in place to ensure clubs co-operate with SPL broadcast partners.

Maurice Moss

Off topic, but I read your posts in the same voice as Moss, and it brightens my day up a little :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

syndicalist

It's due now

Any monies due when a business gowes into administration becomes immediately due, there are no "future" debts

This is indeed the situation and why we are a creditor. I'm astonished that people didn't make more of it when he waded in with two assists last week given they haven't even paid us for him. and Mcmoist going on about how outrageous the transfer ban is when they owe money for Wallace and Jelavic, what a wunker.

The thing that concerns me is that the SPL may pay out Rangers league earnings and then they decide to become a newco. Under that circumstance we get nowt.

I think we should be forcing the hand of Rangers administrators to either announce a CVA or liquidation. If they don't have an owner it must be the latter.

Can we ask the SPL to withold Rangers payment until their future is cleared to determine if they will default?

Would new co rangers owe us any money?

Nope, that's the whole argument for liquidation

Jambof3tornado

Nope, that's the whole argument for liquidation

But phoenix company rules then come into play.

I was talking to my girlfriends dad who is a Rangers fan (the reason I know i'll never marry her) and he says he hopes the Wallace money is paid in full, because if Hearts have any say in a CVA, we could decline and potentially ruin their CVA route.

He thinks Romanov would say no to a CVA,and rightly so, because of his obvious hatrid of the old firm.

Opinions on this?

I'm not entirely sure how CVAs work, but is there not a link between the amount due and how much your opinion is worth? I.e. 800k out of Rangers overall debt is nothing so we wouldn't have a big say in what the outcome of the CVA is where as someone like Ticketus or HMRC will have a much bigger input.

But phoenix company rules then come into play.

With such a large amount of money being owed to HMRC and Ticketus i'm not sure anyone would take these rules onto consideration for Hearts, I suppose unless Hearts brought it up.

God I wonder if Duff & Phelps talk about it in this much detail. I doubt it eh?

I'm not entirely sure how CVAs work, but is there not a link between the amount due and how much your opinion is worth? I.e. 800k out of Rangers overall debt is nothing so we wouldn't have a big say in what the outcome of the CVA is where as someone like Ticketus or HMRC will have a much bigger input.

As far as I'm aware you get treated as equals and get x in the pound. Whether HMRC are able to gazump others though, I'm not sure

syndicalist

The Rangers bidders have been talking about 10p in the pound. That would mean we'd get 80k. Might as well liquidate them as far as I'm concerned.

As far as I'm aware you get treated as equals and get x in the pound. Whether HMRC are able to gazump others though, I'm not sure

Think this is true, no creditor is allowed to be valued as superior to another, which is fair because ?800,000 to HMRC or Ticketus is nothing, but is a significant amount to Hearts. So opinions on how important certain sums of money are come into play, so because of this every creditor has the right to be treated equally and represented to the same extent as everyone else.

Liquidation just sounds better and better from their point of view.

The latter is what I was meaning. As you say everyone gets the same "pence in the pound" deal but I think I read somewhere (a while ago!!) something about the biggest creditors are the ones with the most say and can reject the offered deal if they don't think it's good enough.

I may have made this all up though, but I must have got it from somewhere in the first place!!

Edit: This is what I've been racking my brain trying to remember:

As long as 75% (by debt value) of the creditors who vote agree then the CVA is accepted

Ryan Jarman

I opened this expecting to see how Gregg Wallace is paying for his final ticket.

The Rangers bidders have been talking about 10p in the pound. That would mean we'd get 80k. Might as well liquidate them as far as I'm concerned.

I'm sure Ibrox must be worth more than ?10 million just as land, plus the car-park across the road, must be about half that, add in murray park for a similar amount then with just those three assets sold that should produce over ?20 million, which is more than being mentioned as the amount being 'invested' and available through a CVA.

Francis Albert

Would new co rangers owe us any money?

Depends on what conditions the SPL apply to the transfer of Oldco's SPL share to Newco.

Francis Albert

There are clear SPL rules to cover the non-payment of debts to member clubs.

If a member of a club ("trade association" as Doncaster calls it) defaults on his membership dues or bar bill, and seeks protection in bankruptcy he may get off with the debt. But would the club then allow him to remain a member or accept his application for membership without seeking payment of his previous debt (if indeed it was willing to consider his application at all)? Of course not.

The SPL can ensure we get the Wallace money in full simply by applying it's own clear rules.

Archived