Trio called up for Scotland squad

blondejamtart

Toxteth O'Grady
Got to be good news, surely? Although no doubt there will still be some on here who will manage to find something negative to say about it. Anyway, well done lads!

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1291956,00.html

Another 3 who will be Billy Bigshots now

Only kidding, well done to the lads

How can they be the sole capital representatives when the Leithers have such a great conveyor belt of youth talent. :rolleyes:

The only conclusion I can draw is that the article is wrong.

How can they be the sole capital representatives when the Leithers have such a great conveyor belt of youth talent. :rolleyes:

Yeah.

Only answer.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

You are obviously forgetting that most will be away with the Brazil squad that day. :)

Say What Again

I'm pleased for Scott, he struggled a bit with injury recently meaning he missed the Victory Shield which he was gutted about.

Anyone seen the laddie fleck who plays for Rangers?

Got a mate fi work who's pal went to school with him and says he's gonna be a cracking player in a few years time...the scottish rooney as he keeps telling me!!

Are they any good,they seem to be in quite good company,lots of OF players who are highly rated.

Never seen Deland play but have watched Danny Thomson and Scott Robinson three times each.

Danny's best performance (that I've seen) was when he was still 15 coming on as a sub against Dunfermline last season. At only 16 he doesn't look out of place in the under-19s and looks comfortable at both right midfield and right back.

Scott Robinson didn't look up to much first time I saw him, which I'm sure was his first under-19s game, but I've been impressed with him the last two times I saw him. Good pace, work rate and looks a real danger in the penalty area. Very promising that he's still only 15.

HMFCjamieHMFC

Got a mate fi work who's pal went to school with him and says he's gonna be a cracking player in a few years time...the scottish rooney as he keeps telling me!!

I saw him play once when i saw Scotland v Liechtenstein he seemed good but the Liechtenstein team were crap

Never seen Deland play but have watched Danny Thomson and Scott Robinson three times each.

Danny's best performance (that I've seen) was when he was still 15 coming on as a sub against Dunfermline last season. At only 16 he doesn't look out of place in the under-19s and looks comfortable at both right midfield and right back.

Scott Robinson didn't look up to much first time I saw him, which I'm sure was his first under-19s game, but I've been impressed with him the last two times I saw him. Good pace, work rate and looks a real danger in the penalty area. Very promising that he's still only 15.

Chears buddy,here's hoping that their talents do get to shine a Tynecastle.

the scottish rooney as he keeps telling me!!

Is that due to his footballing ability or because he "likes the company" of ageing prostitutes? :)

Is that due to his footballing ability or because he "likes the company" of ageing prostitutes? :)

neither......he's just an ugly little weegie (similar to scouse in my eyes)

jamboinglasgow

Saw him play when rangers played East Sterlingshire in the scottish cup (to be honest he was the only reason I went with my mate to watch rangers, interested to see what he is like) seemed to look comfortable playing with the rangers players (though only got last 20 mins at 6-0 up) but seemed alright.

But back to our players, well done to them they are three really promising players and hopefully it is a sign of the level which will keep appearing.

Deland: Looks a good left back when I saw him play v hibs, did well considering Wagner on left wing didn't look interested at all.

Thomson: Looks a useful player and still young.

Robinson: I think I may be getting carried away with him but seen him play three times and he looked pretty comfortable (against hibs (H) he was our best player plus is still 15 at the momment.)

Rangers are easily leading the way with youngsters in the teams but think that is partly due to have a youth acadmey open the longest so more established, think we will start to increase the amount of Hearts players in the Scottish team from now on.

As for the Scottish U17 team, they look being a great team for Scotland. THey have some great talent, and there are a few players who have famous footbaling Brothers, Dad's and Uncles. If the U19 team which came second in the european championships a year and a half ago are special then these guys are better than that.

chester copperpot

Well done to the lads, the one I've heard most positives about is young Robinson. He seems to be very highly rated, and I hope he accounts himself well.

Whenever I've seen him though, he hasn't been that good TBH, but it has only been the twice.

jamboinglasgow
Well done to the lads, the one I've heard most positives about is young Robinson. He seems to be very highly rated, and I hope he accounts himself well.

Whenever I've seen him though, he hasn't been that good TBH, but it has only been the twice.

you'd rather have Rocky;)

Think some posters should champion a different youth player, you have Rocky, I would like to be the one for Scotty.

chester copperpot

Think some posters should champion a different youth player, you have Rocky, I would like to be the one for Scotty.

I cannot wait till Rocky gets back from injury. I took a shine to him after spotting something I really liked with him in one of the games. I like to think I can spot a talent, and am hedging my bets that he comes good. Will follow his career regardless of how he does at Hearts, but I think he has a very big future in this game.

Will be sponsoring him next season, have yet to get Chris to set up the meeting with me and him. Sounds kind of sad, but I'd be more nervous meeting Rocky than any of the 1st team regulars, and I've met all of them before.

Edit - My son loves Rockardinho to bits too, as I constantly talk about him when we go along to the U-19 games and the Rockster is playing.

I know how sad that all sounds but I dont care.

Theres definitly bad news coming I reckon

Far too much positive PR and spin on pretty average news this week for my liking

charlies been earning his doh

chester copperpot
Theres definitly bad news coming I reckon

Far too much positive PR and spin on pretty average news this week for my liking

charlies been earning his doh

I totally agree with this, it was actually predicted by someone on a thread earlier (cant name his name as got in trouble for mentioning a poster that hadn't posted)

Gigolo-Aunt

Not really spin though is it ?

3 young Hearts players HAVE been called up to the Scottish squad. Would imagine that would make most clubs official site.

The Larry and Hearts for life, thats another matter.........

Not really spin though is it ?

3 young Hearts players HAVE been called up to the Scottish squad. Would imagine that would make most clubs official site.

The Larry and Hearts for life, thats another matter.........

Its spinning nothing into something major

There was recently a u19 squad and u21 squad were hearts players were present and totally outnumbered by hibs players

Funnily enough hibs and hearts never publicised that

Far too much coming out of the club this week compared to normal, Im expecting bad news soon

Gigolo-Aunt

There was recently a u19 squad and u21 squad were hearts players were present and totally outnumbered by hibs players

Far too much coming out of the club this week compared to normal, Im expecting bad news soon

You knock yourself out, Prancer.

I just dont see this story as an issue.

Thats not to say I dont think there is more great news on the horizon....

maroonlegions

mmm, no hobo players called up then, eh, so they are not all flair and migjhty as they think they are .:107years::107years:;)

Charlie-Brown

As far as i am aware Hearts have always / regularly gave mention to any young lad's or players that make international squads - be that Scotland, Lithuania, Iceland or whoever.....

chester copperpot
You knock yourself out, Prancer.

I just dont see this story as an issue.

Thats not to say I dont think there is more great news on the horizon....

I think Prancer has a point here GA. :eek: (cannot believe I just said that).

There's always been a multitude of call ups for our younger guys throughout the season, yet there's not been much mention of it on the official website. I can see where he's coming from, even though I wish I didn't.

Well done the lads anyway, lets just wait to see what happens tomorrow before another thread descends into oblivion. :)

jamboinglasgow

three really promising young players are picked in a Scotland squad who are the first scottish team in the uefa U17 competition. I think they should be congratulated.

sandy hearts

Im taking ross mckenzie then

jamboinglasgow
Im taking ross mckenzie then

done.

JamboBG already has Branny.

Anyone want to champion any of the other young ones.

No Hibs lads in the greatest conveyor belt of young talent the world has ever seen.They have had there golden patch just as we had when Naysmith and Ritchie came along.Anyway well done the young jambos.This Robinson must be some prospect.

chester copperpot
done.

JamboBG already has Branny.

Anyone want to champion any of the other young ones.

I bagsy Rocky ;) OBVIOUSLY.

Charlie-Brown
No Hibs lads in the greatest conveyor belt of young talent the world has ever seen.They have had there golden patch just as we had when Naysmith and Ritchie came along.Anyway well done the young jambos.This Robinson must be some prospect.

He's only 15 or 16 so he might yet grow taller but he has similar size & stature as say John Robertson or Stevie Naismith - he's probably more like Naismith in that he likes to buzz about the pitch getting involved in play etc. I don't think he's an out & out goalscorer like Robbo was although he can score his fair share - can play out wide or up front or behind the main striker.

He's only 15 or 16 so he might yet grow taller but he has similar size & stature as say John Robertson or Stevie Naismith - he's probably more like Naismith in that he likes to buzz about the pitch getting involved in play etc. I don't think he's an out & out goalscorer like Robbo was although he can score his fair share - can play out wide or up front or behind the main striker.

Sounds good and at only 15 he still has a long time to develop yet.By the time he is 20 he might be an all round front man.

gorgie rd eh11

The last u21 squad had three Hearts players and three hibs players, hardly totally outnumbered.

jamboinglasgow
Agree totally but the gers fans I speak to are tearing their hair out because none of them are getting a sniff at the team.

Much like his previous regime, bringing on young stars doesn't seem to be in his gameplan it seems.

I have heard that many times, the OF develop players who just dont get a game and so have to jump to another club to gain a chance. Apparntly this is starting to be noticed in youth football so some players are more likely to choose Hearts and Hibs than rangers and celtic.

Though to be fair I think Rangers are more likely to bring a young player through then Celtic (who make a big thing about how their youth system is based on all the best youth systems in the world.)

Archived