Changing Seats

sked21

I currently sit in Section E but when I renew I think I am going to move to the Main Stand as I am paying for it.

I know that there is two days where you organise it.

But what happens with the money. ie Since the Main Stand is cheaper do you just get refunded the money?

I wondered that as well.I want to move from F, to the Gorgie to be beside my family...

gorgie twins

I e-mailed them about the money issue re moving seats right at the beginning when season ticket sales opened - needless to say I am still awaiting a response!!! They obviously aren't that bothered about my money cause I was gonna be moving to a dearer seat!!

Five of us are doing the same - moved over to Section G when our old seats in Section N got knocked down, wanting to move back to the main stand.

We went to the ticket office to ask about it, and apparently what happens is this - you pay to renew your current season ticket (at full price), then you have to move seats afterwards, following which (according to the guy at the ticket office) you'll get the difference refunded.

Seems a bit dodgy to me, but that's what we were told.

Five of us are doing the same - moved over to Section G when our old seats in Section N got knocked down, wanting to move back to the main stand.

We went to the ticket office to ask about it, and apparently what happens is this - you pay to renew your current season ticket (at full price), then you have to move seats afterwards, following which (according to the guy at the ticket office) you'll get the difference refunded.

Bit of a joke, to be honest.

If Hearts can't post out a few boxes of season tickets in 2 months then how the **** can they be trusted dealing with people's money in such an important way?

Really don't trust this.

Bit of a joke, to be honest.

If Hearts can't post out a few boxes of season tickets in 2 months then how the **** can they be trusted dealing with people's money in such an important way?

Really don't trust this.

On reflection, I think that it might actually be four of us. :unsure:

I'm really not happy about it, but there's not a great deal that can be done. Takes the ****, though, what with part of the reason why we're moving being that some of us can't afford to renew in the Wheatfield.

On reflection, I think that it might actually be four of us. :unsure:

I'm really not happy about it, but there's not a great deal that can be done. Takes the ****, though, what with part of the reason why we're moving being that some of us can't afford to renew in the Wheatfield.

Aye, what're the odds that Hearts can't refund the different 'til September due to an 'administration error'.

I was just worried that they would give me the difference in vouchers for the Hearts shop. If that was the case then I would stay where I am as I really like my seat and would probably prefer to sit there.

But seeing that the Main Stand is almost ?100 cheaper then I don't think I should pass it up.

chester copperpot
I was just worried that they would give me the difference in vouchers for the Hearts shop. If that was the case then I would stay where I am as I really like my seat and would probably prefer to sit there.

But seeing that the Main Stand is almost ?100 cheaper then I don't think I should pass it up.

I'd save ?165 by moving to section N. Its one I'm seriously considering if Frail gets the gig. I dunno if the main stand will be able to accomodate all the folk moving, but hey ho, I am thinking about costs next season for the first time ever.

I'd save ?165 by moving to section N. Its one I'm seriously considering if Frail gets the gig. I dunno if the main stand will be able to accomodate all the folk moving, but hey ho, I am thinking about costs next season for the first time ever.

Well my main reason was monetary as it is coming out my pocket. But if my dad says he will pay I can't exactly turn around now and say I would rather stay where I am and have him fork out more than he should. Even though he does not support Vlad one bit!

Also I want to get closer to see McGhee or Davies.:P

But like you said if Frail gets appointed I will be looking to save every possible penny. Which will go to paying for more pints after watching countless inept displays.

Aye, what're the odds that Hearts can't refund the different 'til September due to an 'administration error'.

Think you'd get pretty short odds on that one, to say the least.

Well, I'm going on what I was told - wouldn't be particularly surprised if they ended up pulling a stunt like that at all.

As Neave said, either way I wouldn't trust Hearts to pay up anything like on time.

Whats dodgy about it?

As Hearts wont know that you are going to change your seat until the changeover days there is no other sensible way that it can be organized.

There is plenty wrong at the club just now no need to go to extremes to find something to moan about.

Whats dodgy about it?

As Hearts wont know that you are going to change your seat until the changeover days there is no other sensible way that it can be organized.

There is plenty wrong at the club just now no need to go to extremes to find something to moan about.

What I find dodgy about it is that Hearts have been ****ing up with ticket bookings etc. for as long as I can remember. I genuinely don't trust the club with my money.

Think everyone is missing the point here,

There is no way hearts can sell season tickets for people who want to sit in the main stand until people with current season ticket holders have decided weither or not they want to renew there season tickets.

If you wanted to renew your season ticket in the same seat and hearts said to you (sorry we have sold it to someone else) there would be an up-roar.

So at present all you can do is pay for your season ticket at full wheatfield prices and hope that someone in the main stand does not renew.

There is no way hearts can sell season tickets for people who want to sit in the main stand until people with current season ticket have decided weither or not they want to renew there season tickets.

If you wanted to renew your season ticket in the same seat and hearts said to you (sorry we have sold it to someone else) there would be an up-roar.

So at present all you can do is pay for your season ticket at full wheatfield prices and hope that someone in the main stand does not renew.

I think that everyone's realised that - still don't particularly trust the club with the extra money of mine, though.

There's no way around it, so I'm just going to have to do it, but I'm not particularly happy about it. That's all that I'm saying.

Is that okay, everyone?

There is no way hearts can sell season tickets for people who want to sit in the main stand until people with current season ticket have decided weither or not they want to renew there season tickets.

I get that mate.

I would expect nothing less. ie Why they have the two change over days.

We were just a bit apprehensive about difference in money.

hartyfaeclery
I currently sit in Section E but when I renew I think I am going to move to the Main Stand as I am paying for it.

I know that there is two days where you organise it.

But what happens with the money. ie Since the Main Stand is cheaper do you just get refunded the money?

save yersel more money by changing your seat to a bar stool dinny give that circus ringleader any more cash:evilno:

I think that everyone's realised that - still don't particularly trust the club with the extra money of mine, though.

There's no way around it, so I'm just going to have to do it, but I'm not particularly happy about it. That's all that I'm saying.

Is that okay, everyone?

If you look under my aviator you will find this seat up for grabs next season.

not making it next season.

p.s. section "n" is the place to be. it rocks 9 times out od 10.

p.s. section "n" is the place to be. it rocks 9 times out od 10.

Hoping to get into Section N - as I said in my earlier post, that's where we were before but the seats got knocked down for the "TV studio". :mad:

Reckon just about anywhere's better than the Wheatfield, although to be fair nowhere's exactly bouncing these days.

The cruckie cookie

Current terms are 82 days I think;)

last year i done the same i paid for my season ticket that was in section G, when it was time to renew i changed seats for the 3 of us and it cost me ?1200 originally i moved over to section N and for the 3 off us there its only ?675, i was refunded the difference after it had all been sorted and we had PICKED our new seats. its absolute scary the difference in price for the 3 tickets. Needless to say we will be re newing next year in section N.

Imeantasong
last year i done the same i paid for my season ticket that was in section G, when it was time to renew i changed seats for the 3 of us and it cost me ?1200 originally i moved over to section N and for the 3 off us there its only ?675, i was refunded the difference after it had all been sorted and we had PICKED our new seats. its absolute scary the difference in price for the 3 tickets. Needless to say we will be re newing next year in section N.

Yep, my relocation to a cheaper and the refund went smoothly last season too.

Yeah can confirm that and we will be renewing. Section N the place to be it seems! Rock on!

I used to sit in the Wheatfield but jacked it in disgust at the end of the brutal 98-99 season. A knee-jerk reaction I suppose and in hindsight maybe not dissimilar to the 'back to earth with a bump' we've all experienced after the heady Burley era ?

Anyway, I actually received a courtesy letter from Tynie asking why I hadn't renewed and offering me the cheapest seats in the house in the Main Stand. So I moved to Section T upper and it was about 1/2 the price of the Wheatfield. Still only ?250 now ...........but when you are watching utter keich, only doesn't really seem the operative word :sad:

I also moved along the row a bit a couple of years ago. The seats were empty anyway but I cant really recall how the whole move thing took place - sorry :oopsoops:

Flying off somewhere?:runaway:

I was the same last season Ted, the change went quite smoothly.

Miller Jambo 60

Im the same Andy,im now going to fork out cash for Lewis as he is wanting a season ticket.

SECTION D GOLD PRE 5/5/08 1 adult 2 boys 805 Pounds

SECTION N BRONZE PRE 5/5/08 1 adult 2 boys 460 Pounds

Like you say big man there wont be enough seats.

Im the same Andy,im now going to fork out cash for Lewis as he is wanting a season ticket.

SECTION D GOLD PRE 5/5/08 1 adult 2 boys 805 Pounds

SECTION N BRONZE PRE 5/5/08 1 adult 2 boys 460 Pounds

Like you say big man there wont be enough seats.

Doug, going by the rumblings of discontent around me in 'N' since the start of the season, it wouldn't suprise me if everybody that wanted to move to the main stand from somewhere else in the ground found a seat.

The only problem may be getting more than say 2, 3 or 4 seats together.

My Mum and Younger Brother sit in Section Z of the Gorgie Stand, and want to move seat, up to Section F of the Wheatfield Stand.

When she went to the ticket office and asked the question of moving seats, the girl there said that she can re-new her present seat just now, and then on 31st May 2008 & 1st June 2008 she can go back to the ticket office and see what available seats there is, and if the seats she wants turns out cheaper than she paid for her original seats, then they will re-pay the difference back to her.

Miller Jambo 60
Doug, going by the rumblings of discontent around me in 'N' since the start of the season, it wouldn't suprise me if everybody that wanted to move to the main stand from somewhere else in the ground found a seat.

Thanks for that bud.

Commander Harris

I understand peoples reservations but it is really the only way they can do it.

There is a renewal period to allow those who wish to renew a guarantee of getting their seat. People can't buy tickets for different seats as there is no way to know what seats will be free after the renewal period.

after the renewal period is over those who have renewed can then choose to move seats to another area and will either have to pay the difference if moving to a more expensive seat or be refunded the difference if moving to a cheaper seat. There is no other way to do this without people who want to renew their seat not getting an opportunity to do so.

If you really don't want to renew and then move to a cheaper area for fear they will **** up the money due back to you you could wait til season tickets are on general sale(without renewing your current seats) and just purchase tickets for your new seats. I'm sure there will be plenty of space with non-renewals.

EDIT: teach me to read a thread right through before posting, someone else has already said all this. :)

Last year, there was also a 2 or 3 day window between the last day of current season ticket renewals and the seats then being opened up for the general public.

This was to give those on the 'moving' list a chance to go in and pick a seat out on the screen.

Now that i think about it, i told them my preference at the time of renewing and they actually phoned me up during this window to ask if i still wanted the particular seats i had first refusal on.

Fair play to the TO.

Walter Payton

Hate "better fan" debates, but I think a "better Section N'er" status is warranted. Newbies welcome but there's a pecking order;) By the way, who's all in N1 already? I've seen TedP and Michelle in there, and Nelly Terraces stands next to me at the games- anybody else in the cheap seats?

My Mum and Younger Brother sit in Section Z of the Gorgie Stand, and want to move seat, up to Section F of the Wheatfield Stand.

When she went to the ticket office and asked the question of moving seats, the girl there said that she can re-new her present seat just now, and then on 31st May 2008 & 1st June 2008 she can go back to the ticket office and see what available seats there is, and if the seats she wants turns out cheaper than she paid for her original seats, then they will re-pay the difference back to her.

I want to go from F to Z . Only me though.. Plenty seats near me for some reason :confused: Im up at 24, I need an oxygen mask when i gt there though...

I am moving to N.

I don't see why I cannot get a seat now which is currently doesn't belong to any season ticket holder. It is not as if every seat there is spoken for. Don't particularly want to wait for my refund.

Walter Payton
I am moving to N.

I don't see why I cannot get a seat now which is currently doesn't belong to any season ticket holder. It is not as if every seat there is spoken for. Don't particularly want to wait for my refund.

You're right mate, that excuse is a farce- the real reason is that existing Section Ners don't just let anybody in, and we need that extra time to investigate everybody. Send a few pints or about ?10 this way, and I'll see if I can move your application to the top.

Dirk Diggler

Can someone help....

I currently sit in Sec T lower, Main stand. I want to move to the wheatfield next season.

If what i've read on here is correct, I should renew my seat in section T then use one of the 'changeover' days to try and get a seat in the wheatfield, Ok, I get that.

Obviously i'll have to pay more money, but will I get the new seat in the Wheatfield at last seasons prices as i'll be renewing (albeit in a different seat)? Or will I have to pay the new price because I'll be picking my new seat after the 5th May (Or whenever it is)?

Apologies, I'm sure these questions could have been answered in the pack I got through the door, Due to Calum Elliot starting the previous Saturday though, That got thrown straight in the bin.

:confused:

Obviously i'll have to pay more money, but will I get the new seat in the Wheatfield at last seasons prices as i'll be renewing (albeit in a different seat)? Or will I have to pay the new price because I'll be picking my new seat after the 5th May (Or whenever it is)?

:confused:

My mate did that last season to be nearer us and got his move from Main to Wheatfield on a renewal price so you should fine.

Dirk Diggler
My mate did that last season to be nearer us and got his move from Main to Wheatfield on a renewal price so you should fine.

Thank you.

:)

Guest Chester1874

it's simple folks, so listen up!

Renew your existing seat at the offer price before 5th May and then go to TO on moving days to see what they have left and either pay the extra or be refunded the difference from old to new seat.

If you paid cash to start with the refund will be cash, if you paid by card the refund will go back to your card, both on the day you mive to a new seat.

Please stop asking other JKB users how it works and contact the TO.

Dirk Diggler

Sorry?

Please stop asking JKB users how it works?

You do know where you are, right?

In my experience (and it would seem, judging by this thread, the experience of some others) JKB users are a damn sight more helpful than anyone at the ticket office.

Walter Payton

Renew your existing seat at the offer price before 5th May and then go to TO on moving days to see what they have left and either pay the extra or be refunded the difference from old to new seat.

If you paid cash to start with the refund will be cash, if you paid by card the refund will go back to your card, both on the day you mive to a new seat.

Who are you, with your 43 posts, to tell people that have obviously been using JKB a lot more than you what they can or cannot post? By all means post helpful advice but stop with the arrogance you pompous eejit.

MackaysCentreSpot

Members of my family who are Cat B are wanting to upgrade to a full ST this season were told that they have to purchase the Cat B ST and then on the change over days they can try and get changed to full ST which they have done.

I asked also that if they do get upgraded to full ST then will they get the reduced price as they did renew in the cheap period and was told Yes.

Another Cat B ST holder I know asked the same thing and was told No

So who really knows.

Calm down, you'll give yourself heart failure.

Luckily I am on my stroming so I am sure there will be an odd seat somewhere.

Yeah we (Well I) know what the deal is. It was just how they give you the money back. As folk I know who have an away ticket said if all the tickets come to less than ?450 then they will be refunded in store vouchers (Lucky them).

I am not having a go at the TO as obviously this is the best way to do it.

Archived