'Wage Thief'

BigAlim

how is this phrase defined? i have seen people use it to describe:

A. a player who isn't very good but gets loads of appearances (Clum)

B. a player that is really talented but never shows it (Kingston)

C. a player who gets a long term injury (Driver)

i have seen the term 'Wage Thief' used for all three of the above catagorys but which is the correct one?

All of the above.

You forgot

D) Players who have been signed to a long contract that shouldn't have (See D. Obua)

Hagar the Horrible

A. it is not the players fault he gets picked.

C. Injuries do happen, its when and only when the injury is faked.

B is the worst, having talent and just not performing at your best. Football is a talent show no diferent from seing any band or a play its your duty even if one person is paying for you to put out your best and put on a show.

It's a term used by someone who would require a substantial leap in intelligence to complete the Daily Star crossword without dribbling on it, to describe ANY player that they don't like.

Mystery solved.

All of the above.

You forgot

D) Players who have been signed to a long contract that shouldn't have (See D. Obua)

i don't think the players can be blamed in any catagory though, crap players in catagory A getting played aren't going to say "i don't want to play im injured" if they did they would fall into catogory C, players in catagory C can't help getting injured, players in catagory B don't set out to play badly and who would turn down a bit of stability shown in your catagory?

Gregory House M.D.

Larryea Kingston's the only real wage thief I can think of. Pinilla seems to get it on here but didn't he have mental health issues at Hearts?

Personally I'm glad Kingston Left the pitch (feigning injury) and was met by a chorus of "Kingston GTF". He was well and truly found out beyond all doubt that night when absolutely nothing happened and he wasn't even running when this "injury" came on. He just decided that was that. **** him. Could've been a great player for Hearts but all he played for was international tournaments and contracts.

It's a term used by someone who would require a substantial leap in intelligence to complete the Daily Star crossword without dribbling on it, to describe ANY player that they don't like.

Mystery solved.

th_nail.gif

Tommy Wiseau

Larryea Kingston's the only real wage thief I can think of. Pinilla seems to get it on here but didn't he have mental health issues at Hearts?

Personally I'm glad Kingston Left the pitch (feigning injury) and was met by a chorus of "Kingston GTF". He was well and truly found out beyond all doubt that night when absolutely nothing happened and he wasn't even running when this "injury" came on. He just decided that was that. **** him. Could've been a great player for Hearts but all he played for was international tournaments and contracts.

Kingston, as much of a lazy bugger that he was, missed the next 3 months of his career after that (including the internationals) with a torn hamstring. I gave him pelters coming off the pitch as well :look:

Gregory House M.D.

Kingston, as much of a lazy bugger that he was, missed the next 3 months of his career after that (including the internationals) with a torn hamstring. I gave him pelters coming off the pitch as well :look:

Still to this day don't know how he managed it. He was gently strolling and just waved to come off.

The limping in agony didn't start until that was ringing in his ears either.

Tommy Wiseau

Still to this day don't know how he managed it. He was gently strolling and just waved to come off.

The limping in agony didn't start until that was ringing in his ears either.

He did have a torn hamstring, so how he just strolled off the way he did is off the chart :lol: Just get the stretcher FFS :lol:

Probably just a magnificent WUM tbf :turned:

Gregory House M.D.

He did have a torn hamstring, so how he just strolled off the way he did is off the chart :lol: Just get the stretcher FFS :lol:

Probably just a magnificent WUM tbf :turned:

Think that's what done it with me. I was getting more seething with every stride he took round the pitch. He got to the Gorgie stand then started limping then stopped again just before the tunnel. :seething:

Wasn't it when we had used all 3 subs as well?

Gregory House M.D.

Wage thief is a wonderful term that can be used to hide intrinsic racism

:lol:

Show People who say People are Wage Thieves the Red Card. Could catch on.

Knew someone would come on with that cr ap! Kingston was lazy, couldn't get away from Tynecastle quick enough when the African Nations started, furk the club that actually paid his wages! Absolutely nothing to do with skin tone. For the record, Nade and Obua are/were for me wage thieves aswell, rarely try a leg and earning big bucks for very little, Beslija, Petric and a few others on big paypackets were the same. Seems the more they earn the lazier they are. Oh and by the way, i loved when we had Mark de Vries and Ricardo Fuller at Hearts, mind you, that wouldn't fit with your wee agenda.

In my opinion, a wage thief is somebody who will be happy to sit on the bench week in week out / play in the reserves, and reject moves away and not even consider moving on or ending his contract early

none, it is a player who doesnt try and doesnt give a flying @$%& about the team. The opposite of ian black/ryan mcgowan in my opinion... it doesnt matter about talent its just about the effort. See it alot in older players picking up their final wage... for example i watched kris boyd play for portland timbers the other week and he was one of the better players on the park but couldnt be bothered at all... probably raking in 20 grand a week or something.

none, it is a player who doesnt try and doesnt give a flying @$%& about the team. The opposite of ian black/ryan mcgowan in my opinion... it doesnt matter about talent its just about the effort. See it alot in older players picking up their final wage... for example i watched kris boyd play for portland timbers the other week and he was one of the better players on the park but couldnt be bothered at all... probably raking in 20 grand a week or something.

tbf Boyd was never known for his workrate

tbf Boyd was never known for his workrate

yeh i agree to be fair. but before the game in the warm up he was pulling out the tricks etc.. gets to the game.. he knew they would never sub him and he just barely ran.

I'd be amazed it he gets anything like that.

maroonshrew

In my opinion, a wage thief is somebody who will be happy to sit on the bench week in week out / play in the reserves, and reject moves away and not even consider moving on or ending his contract early

Obua is that category but why the hell should he take a move away for probably less money. We were stupid enough to offer him the deal, he is well within his rights to sit it out, try to get selected and if he doesn't it really isnt his fault he is being paid well.

Neverbeahobo

Bubba gump was the biggest wage thief, shite as **** and couldnea even play in a five aside game. You'd be better of with a stakebake up front. If there was one player to be a wage thief it be bubba gump aka Christian Nade what a *****.

I'd be amazed it he gets anything like that.

i think he is there token high paid foreign superstar player... like how beckham is on like 200,000 and some of his team mates are probably earning spl wages... obviously scaled drown a great bit as he isnt nearly as goood... but same idea?

Bubba gump was the biggest wage thief, shite as **** and couldnea even play in a five aside game. You'd be better of with a stakebake up front. If there was one player to be a wage thief it be bubba gump aka Christian Nade what a *****.

I'm just going to fling this out there - is pudding your favourite animal?

i think he is there token high paid foreign superstar player... like how beckham is on like 200,000 and some of his team mates are probably earning spl wages... obviously scaled drown a great bit as he isnt nearly as goood... but same idea?

Aye, he is the Timbers designated player, but I doubt he is on that much. 20 grand in pounds a week equates to about US$1.5 million a year. I doubt he is on anything like that.

However, I could be wrong, of course.

Gregory House M.D.

I'm just going to fling this out there - is pudding your favourite animal?

:rofl:

Snake Plissken

:jjyay:

The character's name was Bubba Blue by the way.

47102.jpg

Christian Nade

nade_1146796a.jpg

Mykelti Williamson

thirdyboy1976

how is this phrase defined? i have seen people use it to describe:

A. a player who isn't very good but gets loads of appearances (Clum)

B. a player that is really talented but never shows it (Kingston)

C. a player who gets a long term injury (Driver)

i have seen the term 'Wage Thief' used for all three of the above catagorys but which is the correct one?

For me the answers B. But it's not to do with talent but if a player really doesn't give a ****. Not given everything really pisses me off

Kingston (at times) or Nade when we first signed him would be fair "wage thieves"

Players with talent who didn't put in the effort and picked up a wage for doing a half assed job.

I would also class Pinilla in this regard.

Archived