Tickets for semi public sale

Dougie1874

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Sorry TS, but that attitude just doesn't help.

We should be doing everything to try to encourage more fans to get to the game whether regulars to all games, home games only, or occassional fans.

We need as many people there to encourage the team to give us the best possible chance of winning and hope that some of the waiverers become more frequent attendees at Tynecastle.

Whether it be Hearts or the SFA, this has been another disaster in how to sell tickets for a game.

I sometimes get the feeling we have a core of 1500-2000 'uber fans' who won't be happy until they are the only ones that ever go to a game.

Uber: a state or action involving increased elevation or quantity in the physical sense, or superiority or excess in the abstract.

If they are the core then they probably are uber fans (by definition of the translation of the german word: "uber" anyway), to be fair... The ones who go most.

I have never known any Hearts fan to actually want to discourage other fans from going to the matches... Quite the opposite actually, most of the guys on here that are trying to rally a wee bit of support and encourage more people to go are also saying that they are season ticket holders.

I personally think that ST holders should be given priority for briefs because they are contributing more to the club on a regular basis through the mundane and stodgy non-glamourous ties and league matches along the way to the semis and finals which are infinitely more attractive to a supporter or fan. Why would Hearts not try and keep these guys happy first?

Bad Religion

Uber: a state or action involving increased elevation or quantity in the physical sense, or superiority or excess in the abstract.

If they are the core then they probably are uber fans (by definition of the translation of the german word: "uber" anyway), to be fair... The ones who go most.

I have never known any Hearts fan to actually want to discourage other fans from going to the matches... Quite the opposite actually, most of the guys on here that are trying to rally a wee bit of support and encourage more people to go are also saying that they are season ticket holders.

I personally think that ST holders should be given priority for briefs because they are contributing more to the club on a regular basis through the mundane and stodgy non-glamourous ties and league matches along the way to the semis and finals which are infinitely more attractive to a supporter or fan. Why would Hearts not try and keep these guys happy first?

Yes Mothy no one disagrees with this, season ticket holders get priority.

What is the logic in opening up the public sale three days before the weekend when season ticket holders aren't buying anyway?

There is also some GTF sentiment as well.

Naturally you look after your regulars first, but 'the regulars' have all had enough time to have gotten our orders in. But there is also a number of factors whereby we wouldn't have sold out our allocation this early, and as such, we should have been at a full public sale by now and make it as simple as possible to get more Hearts 'supporter/sympathisers' in the stadium. What the point of today and the 1 loyalty point is, I'll never know

Guest Bilel Mohsni

There is also some GTF sentiment as well.

Naturally you look after your regulars first, but 'the regulars' have all had enough time to have gotten our orders in. But there is also a number of factors whereby we wouldn't have sold out our allocation this early, and as such, we should have been at a full public sale by now and make it as simple as possible to get more Hearts 'supporter/sympathisers' in the stadium. What the point of today and the 1 loyalty point is, I'll never know

I agree with much of that Detty, I just took issue with the suggestion that there are a group of 1.5 - 2k supporters who are actively trying to put other fans off from going to games.

There is a certain amount of smugness going about perhaps... but I honestly think that is more to do with some supporters being annoyed at the perceived lack of interest and trying to shame the switherers in to going, rather than trying to put folk off. Not saying it is the right thing to do but that is how I perceive it.

I agree with much of that Detty, I just took issue with the suggestion that there are a group of 1.5 - 2k supporters who are actively trying to put other fans off from going to games.

There is a certain amount of smugness going about perhaps... but I honestly think that is more to do with some supporters being annoyed at the perceived lack of interest and trying to shame the switherers in to going, rather than trying to put folk off. Not saying it is the right thing to do but that is how I perceive it.

I don't think anyone 'actively' discourages people from going, but some certainly don't embrace the various demographics of the Hearts support.

I'll estimate the 1500-200 down a bit, maybe by 90%.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I don't think anyone 'actively' discourages people from going, but some certainly embrace the various demographics of the Hearts support.

I'll estimate the 1500-200 down a bit, maybe by 90%.

Fair enough! :thumbsup:

I genuinely believe that most of us supporters are really keen for us to sell out our allocation, both for the sake of finances and for the sake of having a good percentage of the stadium packed with noisy Jambos. B)

Fair enough! :thumbsup:

I genuinely believe that most of us supporters are really keen for us to sell out our allocation, both for the sake of finances and for the sake of having a good percentage of the stadium packed with noisy Jambos. B)

No Hearts fan wants to turn up to find we are outnumbered 3 or 4 to 1.

If you cant pay ?15 and get to Glasgow for 12.45 to watch Hearts then you can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Why folk even post on here if you cant even bring themselves to get to such an imporatant game for such a cheap price beggers belief, it's a FANS FORUM, not a "I'll claim to be a Jambo but only at finals" Forum.

I'm travelling from Northern Ireland. I can't make it to many games. Does that mean I can GTF?

I'm travelling from Northern Ireland. I can't make it to many games. Does that mean I can GTF?

yep seems to be the general feeling with the wee band of uber girlies on here m8, we dont need any extra hangers on were doing just dandy-o evidently :thumbsup:

Maybe the club should have thought about allowing season ticket holders to purchase 2 tickets each and those with 20 or more loyalty points one ticket, although if every person took up the option of tickets we would have exceeded allocation but in that case those with the highest loyalty points would have been given priority as long as all categories had been catered for. They should have had a 7 day window to do the first phase and then would have been in a position to do a public sale quickly giving folk plenty time to sort out transport etc. Allowing season ticket holders the chance to take a mate along would have boosted sales no doubt about it.

I've to book flights and hotel. Is there any point if Im not guaranteed to get 2 tickets?

You will get 2 tickets on Wednesday no problem!

yep seems to be the general feeling with the wee band of uber girlies on here m8, we dont need any extra hangers on were doing just dandy-o evidently :thumbsup:

The club should be aiming tickets at anyone and everyone in my opinion. We need the money.

Archived