Tickets for semi public sale

Dougie1874

Hi guys

Does anyone know how many tickets will be available for public sale on Wednesday??, i won't get down there till after 4 on Wednesday and a bit worried i'll be too late and don't want to let my son down.

Cheers

We can ask for another 3,000 tickets if our original allocation is sold,anyone wanting a ticket will get one imo.

Have logged on to buy tix, but can't buy one for my mate as he doesn't have any loyalty points (even though goes to lots of away cash-on-gate games). Is this right? Do I need to put their names in? Surely should be a way round this pish (don't live in Edinburgh so can't go buy 'em on public sale)

From Wednesday you should be able to buy as many tickets as you like but it doesn't leave much time for them being delivered.The public sale should have started on Saturday.

From Wednesday you should be able to buy as many tickets as you like but it doesn't leave much time for them being delivered.The public sale should have started on Saturday.

Well, exactly. What a mess. Dear Hearts, can I give you my money for a ticket? No? OK then.

I thought they'd brought the public sale forward to today? :unsure:

I've just been round to the ticket office. Anyone you're getting a ticket for needs to have at least one point.

It's a shambles once again from Hearts. Why Hearts have left it so late for a public sale is beyond me. If public sale had started last week you might well have sold as many then than they did in the first wave to season ticket holders and folk with enough loyalty points. I fear that folk will just not bother now. The sheep and hibs will sell more tickets than us for they're semi for a variety of reasons. Sad really.

The Old Tolbooth

I've just been round to the ticket office. Anyone you're getting a ticket for needs to have at least one point.

Ah right, cheers mate, this has been shockingly done, little wonder we've sold so few tickets ffs! :verymad:

portobellojambo1

We can ask for another 3,000 tickets if our original allocation is sold,anyone wanting a ticket will get one imo.

The way sales are going we are going to be closer to sending back a lot more than 3,000 of the existing allocation we were given, the tickets are simply not selling at all well (7,000 up to Saturday past, so unless there is a rush for tickets this week we will be doing well to have around 10,000-12,000 at Hampden, unless there are absolutely thousands of people who have never seen HMFC at all in the last two calendar years whom want to go).

Gerd Muller

I'm going over to buy 4 tickets using my mates 4 season tickets. As I'm not named on any of the season tickets, can I still buy them for him? Silly question maybe.

I'm going over to buy 4 tickets using my mates 4 season tickets. As I'm not named on any of the season tickets, can I still buy them for him? Silly question maybe.

Think you'll be fine to be honest, all you need are names and post codes of folk with points. They don't seem to be checking anything.

The way sales are going we are going to be closer to sending back a lot more than 3,000 of the existing allocation we were given, the tickets are simply not selling at all well (7,000 up to Saturday past, so unless there is a rush for tickets this week we will be doing well to have around 10,000-12,000 at Hampden, unless there are absolutely thousands of people who have never seen HMFC at all in the last two calendar years whom want to go).

Fans are losing interest, can't be bothered, the game is on tv.

We only had about 8,000 fans at the quarter-final and that was a home game.

Hi guys

Does anyone know how many tickets will be available for public sale on Wednesday??, i won't get down there till after 4 on Wednesday and a bit worried i'll be too late and don't want to let my son down.

Cheers

Myself and my grandson are unable to go,you can use our season tickets loyalty points to purchase tickets online if required,pm if needed

Alwaysinourshadows

You would rather watch the game on tv? :ninja:

Toxteth O'Grady

Add to that the awkwardness of getting to Hampden on a Sunday for a 12.45pm kick off and the awkwardness of getting tickets together for mixed groups of regulars and occaisional fans and it's not difficult to see why some will choose the watch it in the pub or at home.

Scottish football really needs to do more to encourage fans to go along.

You would rather watch the game on tv? :ninja:

I've bought my ticket. Other fans have this atitude.

They think we are going to lose so going through is a waste of time/money. What's the point of going.

Add to that the awkwardness of getting to Hampden on a Sunday for a 12.45pm kick off and the awkwardness of getting tickets together for mixed groups of regulars and occaisional fans and it's not difficult to see why some will choose the watch it in the pub or at home.

Yep. When we get to the final they will not be too fused about where they sit. :)

Season ticket holders will not be waiting for the general sale.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Cannot wait, tickets and transport all sorted. Sure we will shift some more this week too. :)

Alwaysinourshadows

I've bought my ticket. Other fans have this atitude.

They think we are going to lose so going through is a waste of time/money. What's the point of going.

?15 a ticket for a semi final is hardly a waste of money though. Fans have been moaning about our recent cup runs and then we finally get to hampden, only for people not to go because they think we will lose, makes you wonder at times...

Just booked mine, It was tricky for them to find seats together.

Which suggests that either they're close to selling out already or possibly that they've got blocks they've not started selling.

Jambo, Goodbye

I think I'm in a minority who finds this excuse a nonsense, it's only over in Glasgow, not the middle-east, a 12.45 ko hardly means getting out your pit at 4am.

Later would of been better but this just isn't a difficult time to make imo

I think we will sell 1k in people at ticket office alone. There were 50 in queue at 9am and still when I left at 9.50. It's open until 9pm according to the wee a4 notice on the door. 50x 10hrs is 500. And that's if each person is buying 1 ticket. As for online and phone. That will be even more. I reckon we will have sold 11/12k by wed. I mean brauhaus bus has 70+ going. Only 34 had 20+ points. Don't see why we won't sell 15k

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think I'm in a minority who finds this excuse a nonsense, it's only over in Glasgow, not the middle-east, a 12.45 ko hardly means getting out your pit at 4am.

Later would of been better but this just isn't a difficult time to make imo

I agree. Seriously, this is a getting ridiculous. It's our first trip to Hampden since we won the Cup back in 06! :lol:

Glasgow is 45 minutes away, just over an hour and a half if you include the getting in and out of the stadium, 2 hours max. I cannot understand anyone who can make it and can afford it, not making it. It's a semi-final!

Clerry Jambo

I think we will sell 1k in people at ticket office alone. There were 50 in queue at 9am and still when I left at 9.50. It's open until 9pm according to the wee a4 notice on the door. 50x 10hrs is 500. And that's if each person is buying 1 ticket. As for online and phone. That will be even more. I reckon we will have sold 11/12k by wed. I mean brauhaus bus has 70+ going. Only 34 had 20+ points. Don't see why we won't sell 15k

That's interesting mate, i emailed the club last week and got told 5pm, maybe changed their minds!

syndicalist

Awkwardness of getting to Hampden? There are five trains to Queens Street and five to Glasgow central from Waverley that morning that will get you there on time. There are numerous buses, many advertising spare seats on here. People also have cars and there is a regular bus service from Edinburgh to Glasgow. If you've bought a ticket from Hearts in the last five years you can buy a ticket on line, by phone or in person at the ticket office. From Wednesday anyone can buy as many as they want using the same methods.

If we have a shite support at Hampden it will be because people don't care enough, not because Hearts failed to deliver their tickets by mermaid on the back of a white horse with a bottle of champagne to drink in the free limo provided by Hearts to pick them up at their front door.

Toxteth O'Grady

Awkwardness of getting to Hampden? There are five trains to Queens Street and five to Glasgow central from Waverley that morning that will get you there on time. There are numerous buses, many advertising spare seats on here. People also have cars and there is a regular bus service from Edinburgh to Glasgow. If you've bought a ticket from Hearts in the last five years you can buy a ticket on line, by phone or in person at the ticket office. From Wednesday anyone can buy as many as they want using the same methods.

If we have a shite support at Hampden it will be because people don't care enough, not because Hearts failed to deliver their tickets by mermaid on the back of a white horse with a bottle of champagne to drink in the free limo provided by Hearts to pick them up at their front door.

As IMA MAROON said there was only 8000 at Tynecastle for the quarter final, so you are right, people don't care enough to overcome the obstacles of buying tickets, arranging transport and going to games.

My point remains that much more needs to be done if they want to put bums on seats in football grounds. Cup cames or not, they don't sell themselves.

Bang on mate, the excuses some people come up with are terrible.

Why you wouldn't want to go is beyond me: semi final, very decent prices, against arguably our second biggest rivals, it's just along the M8, the atmosphere will be brilliant, we don't get to semi finals often and if we win we have a great chance to win the cup.

Yes we may get beat but not going to the game because of that? No point in going to any game of football if you have that attitude!

7k apparently sold so far, extremely pathetic if true.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Awkwardness of getting to Hampden? There are five trains to Queens Street and five to Glasgow central from Waverley that morning that will get you there on time. There are numerous buses, many advertising spare seats on here. People also have cars and there is a regular bus service from Edinburgh to Glasgow.

I've never quite understood it when people use it as an excuse, you would think Hampden was thousands of miles away.

And 12.45 is hardly THAT early either only a couple of hours earlier than a standard 3pm KO. You would also think that Hearts/various other teams are heavily supported by people who need a mandatory lie in till at least 11am on a Sunday :lol:

But if we had 15k with 20+points the other 3k tickets should of went on general sale to start with, and create a buzz to et them, rather than have 18000 briefs and not even attemp to shift 3000 of them til a week before the game. Again hearts miss a opportunity to sell more Tiks quicker

I've never quite understood it when people use it as an excuse, you would think Hampden was thousands of miles away.

And 12.45 is hardly THAT early either only a couple of hours earlier than a standard 3pm KO. You would also think that Hearts/various other teams are heavily supported by people who need a mandatory lie in till at least 11am on a Sunday :lol:

That's all fair enough, but its a Sunday game, in Glasgow. Sunday services etc mean it'll be tougher to get through if you aren't choosing to drive/can't. I'd have preferred 3pm k.o., but TV dictates these things nowadays. I'll be there, but 12/1230/1245 pm are all inconvenient imo.

portobellojambo1

Just booked mine, It was tricky for them to find seats together.

Which suggests that either they're close to selling out already or possibly that they've got blocks they've not started selling.

I think it may be the latter topcat, given the number we have sold (which is not even 50% of the initial allocation yet). I think a lot of people have been unable to get seats together, it seems to be parents with kids or large groups (with maybe 1 or 2 with no loyalty points that are having the problems). Not sure if all the SC's are doing the same as us, but to try and balance the price (which aren't bad in all honesty, in fact remarkably reasonable) we have purchased tickets for single adults in the ?23 seats, and where parents are taking kids we have gone for the cheaper West stand tickets. Some people don't seem to have been given that option and have ended up with tickets all over the shop.

portobellojambo1

How many have been sold? Was it a 15,000 allocation we got?

I believe we initially asked for 23,000, were given 18,000, and the club have indicated they would be delighted to sell 15,000 (which makes you wonder why they asked for such a large initial allocation), but the way sales are going we are going to struggle to reach that number. Someone had gone in before the Dunfermline game on Saturday and been quoted a figure of 7,000 sales at that point, which is pretty meagre for what could be our biggest game of the season to date.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think it may be the latter topcat, given the number we have sold (which is not even 50% of the initial allocation yet). I think a lot of people have been unable to get seats together, it seems to be parents with kids or large groups (with maybe 1 or 2 with no loyalty points that are having the problems). Not sure if all the SC's are doing the same as us, but to try and balance the price (which aren't bad in all honesty, in fact remarkably reasonable) we have purchased tickets for single adults in the ?23 seats, and where parents are taking kids we have gone for the cheaper West stand tickets. Some people don't seem to have been given that option and have ended up with tickets all over the shop.

With this in mind... If anyone wants to get in contact with me, I can use my loyalty points to get their ticket. My mate bought ours and I THINK I could probably get someone else's with mine... Dunno if that works but if so then drop me a PM and I would be happy to do so. If that is a possibility then maybe others in the same boat could do the same?

ANYTHING to help a struggling Jambo, honestly. :)

The odds are stacked against us winning let's face it. London hearts will have the stats of previous games against Celtic in Glasgow and in semis v tims, without the stats I would say we have less than a 10% chance of winning and if you add in the fact were fairly crap and can't string 3 passes together there's a huge chance we will get beat. Maybe some folk have taken this view and decided not to bother and that's why we will be lucky to have 10k at the game along with kick off times, tv etc.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

The odds are stacked against us winning let's face it. London hearts will have the stats of previous games against Celtic in Glasgow and in semis v tims, without the stats I would say we have less than a 10% chance of winning and if you add in the fact were fairly crap and can't string 3 passes together there's a huge chance we will get beat. Maybe some folk have taken this view and decided not to bother and that's why we will be lucky to have 10k at the game along with kick off times, tv etc.

Maybe more folk will take this view after reading your last post? :(

If you cant pay ?15 and get to Glasgow for 12.45 to watch Hearts then you can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Why folk even post on here if you cant even bring themselves to get to such an imporatant game for such a cheap price beggers belief, it's a FANS FORUM, not a "I'll claim to be a Jambo but only at finals" Forum.

Maybe more folk will take this view after reading your last post? :(

Maybe I shouldn't post the obvious even if it's to protect the vulnerable

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Maybe I shouldn't post the obvious even if it's to protect the vulnerable

Probably right... Superman would chuck your ass out of the Justice League of America so fast your head would spin. :D

Protect the vulnerable! :rofl:

portobellojambo1

With this in mind... If anyone wants to get in contact with me, I can use my loyalty points to get their ticket. My mate bought ours and I THINK I could probably get someone else's with mine... Dunno if that works but if so then drop me a PM and I would be happy to do so. If that is a possibility then maybe others in the same boat could do the same?

ANYTHING to help a struggling Jambo, honestly. :)

I would imagine your friend would have probably had to give your details to the club RTC, so they could check that you had enough loyalty points. So there may already be a ticket logged against your account details (all depends how efficiently the background records have been getting updated I suppose).

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I would imagine your friend would have probably had to give your details to the club RTC, so they could check that you had enough loyalty points. So there may already be a ticket logged against your account details (all depends how efficiently the background records have been getting updated I suppose).

We formed a group and gave our details and loyalty points right enough... Probably no chance then. :(

Independence

If you cant pay ?15 and get to Glasgow for 12.45 to watch Hearts then you can GTF as far as I'm concerned.

Why folk even post on here if you cant even bring themselves to get to such an imporatant game for such a cheap price beggers belief, it's a FANS FORUM, not a "I'll claim to be a Jambo but only at finals" Forum.

It is an excellent question. It is what is all wrong with football forums. I can only imagine they are NOT Hearts supporters. Why would anyone want to come on here and bash Hearts as much as they can. Hearts can win on Sunday, we can win the cup this season as the real final is on Sunday and the team needs/deserves our support!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

It is an excellent question. It is what is all wrong with football forums. I can only imagine they are NOT Hearts supporters. Why would anyone want to come on here and bash Hearts as much as they can. Hearts can win on Sunday, we can win the cup this season as the real final is on Sunday and the team needs/deserves our support!

Aye but you are forgetting to take in to account that giving money to Hearts apparently equates to throwing it down a big black hole, with Vlad sitting at the bottom of it, with a swag-bag and an evil chuckle... :huh:

The mere thought of Hearts receiving half the gate receipts for this match makes me angry... Vlad will just pocket it likes. :lol:

Sorry TS, but that attitude just doesn't help.

We should be doing everything to try to encourage more fans to get to the game whether regulars to all games, home games only, or occassional fans.

We need as many people there to encourage the team to give us the best possible chance of winning and hope that some of the waiverers become more frequent attendees at Tynecastle.

Whether it be Hearts or the SFA, this has been another disaster in how to sell tickets for a game.

I sometimes get the feeling we have a core of 1500-2000 'uber fans' who won't be happy until they are the only ones that ever go to a game.

Archived