John Murray!!!!

lambojambo

Mole - The guy did alright when he played for us last season, its when he didn't preform when on loan that people went against him. Think under the right coaching the lad will shine.

to be fair though that implies that QoS dont have a decent coaching team, whereas there performances in both the cup and the league suggest otherwise

to be fair though that implies that QoS dont have a decent coaching team, whereas there performances in both the cup and the league suggest otherwise

Get yourself along to a reserve game.You will realise that Mole is one of our best young players.A far better player at under 19 level than Gary Glen as well.

You have to remember murray didn't want all of these youth players to get 5 yr deals he advised vlad not to give them deals but was told it was too late it was either malofeev or korobochka who looked at the boys in 1 training session and authorised the 5 yr contracts hardly murrays fault.

The point I was making was that Murray's attitude at the meeting was extremely aggressive and pretty hard line regarding young players.

I can appreciate that he would be ****ed off that Hearts went over his head and gave these guys 5 year contracts. IMO his attitude seemed to be "well feck you Vlad and feck these players, I'll make sure they don't make it!" I might be wrong but that was the impression I got at the meeting.

Players can be late developers and a period on loan could have brought one or two of them on. I just find it remarkable that all 11 players on loan have been totally written off by Murray.

Well then maybe he forgot? I don't see why he would change his mind completely on the lad.

Just repeating what was said at the meeting mate.

Get yourself along to a reserve game.You will realise that Mole is one of our best young players.A far better player at under 19 level than Gary Glen as well.

I'm not saying he isn't, but there must be some reason that he wasn't even getting games at Queens or Livi?

It may just be that he had zero motivation as he felt he was being shafted by the 'regime', which is understandable.

I'm not saying he isn't, but there must be some reason that he wasn't even getting games at Queens or Livi?

It may just be that he had zero motivation as he felt he was being shafted by the 'regime', which is understandable.

Does that also go for Clum?

Malcolm Tucker
Just repeating what was said at the meeting mate.

Yeh I know man, wasn't having a go!

Does that also go for Clum?

Watched him in the reserves last week.He was even worse than in the 1st team.

Its funny how Murray's strop happened when talking about a performance in Clums best game of the season.The game now known as the 7 players bought through the youth system victory.:)

Neilson,Berra,Wallace,Jonsson,Elliot,Driver who have i missed out.

I thought that he had a good game against St Mirren. And think that he should get a chance to play each of the last 5 games of this season.

I thought John Murray was very clear last night re the young players out on loan. With the exception of Templeton (explained by Darren Murray) none of them have a future at Hearts but they do have long term contracts which Hearts must honour. Their options are to stay at Riccarton and train on their own, playing no football, take a loan with another club until their contract expires or agree to terminate their contract. The cause of the problem seems to be giving long term contracts to young boys.

Watched him in the reserves last week.He was even worse than in the 1st team.

Its funny how Murray's strop happened when talking about a performance in Clums best game of the season.The game now known as the 7 players bought through the youth system victory.:)

One of our best performances of the season. We were in total control of the game until Ivaskevicius and Beniusis came on.

Not sure who the 7th youth team player is though:

Banks, Neilson, Karipidis, Berra, Wallace, Mikoliunas (Screpis), Jonsson, Palazuelos, Driver (Ivaskevicius), Nade (Beniusis), Elliot.

I can't belive people are jumping on JM's back after one newspaper report on Copil and 3 questions in the Gorgie Suite!! This is the man that has been largely responsible for a huge amount of talent to come out of Hearts in recent years, a man who is highly regarded within his profession and a man that Celtic tried to snatch from us recently. He turned that down because he had unfinished business here, no doubt turning down a huge wage rise to stick with Hearts and one grumpy wee boy gets huffy with him and all of a sudden he's a terrible youth coach?!?!

Get a grip. I'm sure JM is better placed than anyone on this board to know when to "put an arm" around someone or "give them the hairdryer treatment" Has anyone thought that maybe he's tried that already and the young laddie still hasn't pulled his socks up?

Have some faith and give the guy credit where it's due for telling it like it is.

As per my previous post. I'm not relying on bog standard journalism to form my opinion.

I thought John Murray was very clear last night re the young players out on loan. With the exception of Templeton (explained by Darren Murray) none of them have a future at Hearts but they do have long term contracts which Hearts must honour. Their options are to stay at Riccarton and train on their own, playing no football, take a loan with another club until their contract expires or agree to terminate their contract. The cause of the problem seems to be giving long term contracts to young boys.

The question is -

Has Murray bothered to check up on their development when they are out on loan? I am told young players can improve with regular football.

Or has he written them off as no hopers because he is ****ed off with Vlad for giving them contracts?

As per my previous post. I'm not relying on bog standard journalism to form my opinion.

Nor mine!

Colonel Kurtz
The question is -

Has Murray bothered to check up on their development when they are out on loan? I am told young players can improve with regular football.

Or has he written them off as no hopers because he is ****ed off with Vlad for giving them contracts?

John Mcglynn keeps him updated

Apparantly, Conrad Balatoni is in the squad for Saturday. Whether this is due to the U21 rule or because they see him genuinely challenging for a place, I don't know.

That'll be another player 'coming through'.

jamboinglasgow
Apparantly, Conrad Balatoni is in the squad for Saturday. Whether this is due to the U21 rule or because they see him genuinely challenging for a place, I don't know.

that is good saying he is at the most 17 years old. Doubt he will play but good news that he is getting in squad.

Is there a rule against U16's playing in SPL games by the way?

that is good saying he is at the most 17 years old. Doubt he will play but good news that he is getting in squad.

Is there a rule against U16's playing in SPL games by the way?

You need to have a professional full-time contract.

I think you can only get them once you turn 16 so the answer would be yes there is a rule against it but I'm not sure of this.

jamboinglasgow
You need to have a professional full-time contract.

I think you can only get them once you turn 16 so the answer would be yes there is a rule against it but I'm not sure of this.

ok cheers, I was wondering if they are putting Balatoni on the bench maybe Robinson should have a look in (when I seen him play, he looks one of the most comfortable players on the pitch) but he will not be old enough for any game until next season.

Good player.Good reader of the game.I have only seen him struggle once, against Hibs reserves last week.The only time i saw McGowan struggle as well also.Donaldson proved a handful for them.

A Devine is another player who seems to play well in the reserve games.Good consistent leftback.

jamboinglasgow
Good player.Good reader of the game.I have only seen him struggle once, against Hibs reserves last week.The only time i saw McGowan struggle as well also.Donaldson proved a handful for them.

A Devine is another player who seems to play well in the reserve games.Good consistent leftback.

I would also suggest Johnathon Brown, he seems a great full back on either side.

I would also suggest Johnathon Brown, he seems a great full back on either side.

Warning for all though.Nobody played better than J Mole yesterday.IMO.;)

Warning for all though.Nobody played better than J Mole yesterday.IMO.;)

You are correct there great movement and was always available to receive a pass, definately helped the younger players yesterday.

The bottom line is it wont do any harm to give any of the young lads who played yesterday 5 or 10 mins in a first team game the experience gained from this would be priceless

Robbos Right Peg
John Mcglynn keeps him updated

What ? An ex-employee telling the Irish tube how well/bad all 11 players are progressing. Are you serious ?

Only at Hearts. Yeh just cannae make it up :sad:

You are correct there great movement and was always available to receive a pass, definately helped the younger players yesterday.

The bottom line is it wont do any harm to give any of the young lads who played yesterday 5 or 10 mins in a first team game the experience gained from this would be priceless

I think i know who you are samboman, i was at the game yesterday...do you have a 'close' relative involved?;)

I think i know who you are samboman, i was at the game yesterday...do you have a 'close' relative involved?;)

No i dont, i was there not too far away from korobochka I was doing a scouting report as part of a coaching licence.

Drylaw Hearts
No i dont, i was there not too far away from korobochka I was doing a scouting report as part of a coaching licence.

Is that you Shaggy ?

jamboinglasgow

nice, whats a scouting report like?

nice, whats a scouting report like?

Its like something that hearts should do more often, you know before we sign all of the wonderkids we have.

jamboinglasgow
What he really means is he is a Chinese Bookies Runner.;):)

they're everywhere, half the U19 games crowd are bookie runners. I just found one in my room taking bets on when I go to the toliet.

jamboinglasgow
Its like something that hearts should do more often, you know before we sign all of the wonderkids we have.

I meant what does it compise of, strenghs, weaknesses, abilty etc?

I meant what does it compise of, strenghs, weaknesses, abilty etc?

The things you list do come into it, but my report was more focussed on movement off the ball, player personality e.g if they lose the ball does the head go down or do they continually ask for it, and whether they are positive or negative on the ball. Will they go back with a pass when clearly the forward option was the better one.

alwaysthereinspirit
If he wasn't happy then surely he would have accepted the role he was offered at Celtic ?

Maybe he's not into young bhoys as much as we think.:bootyshake:

The things you list do come into it, but my report was more focussed on movement off the ball, player personality e.g if they lose the ball does the head go down or do they continually ask for it, and whether they are positive or negative on the ball. Will they go back with a pass when clearly the forward option was the better one.

Is this just a hobby or is it related to Hearts.Hope you had an extra notepad for the amount of times Wagner passed the ball back.:)

Is this just a hobby or is it related to Hearts.Hope you had an extra notepad for the amount of times Wagner passed the ball back.:)

Just part of a sports coaching exam un-related to hearts mate just thought it would make it more interesting for me if I done it on a hearts team.

jamboinglasgow
It seems like you may be interested & enjoy this site jamboinglasgow - it has a number of links to other good sites & books etc. :)

http://www.bettersoccermorefun.com/dwtext/acknwldg.htm

thanks nmh, have a good read of that when my exams finish soon. Tempted of taking up football coaching of youth teams (though I dont have the actual playing skills that some say you need before coaching.)

This is not the first I have heard about Murray's unfortunate man management skills.

His treatment of some of the younger players is nothing short of disgraceful.

At an age when all that some of them will respond to is an encouraging arm around the shoulder, Murray seems to think that the Ferguson treatment is suitable for all. .............AND, I have this first hand , although for obvious reasons I can't reveal my source.

If it's the same guy as I'm thinking of I've witnessed it first hand at Olivebank Musselburgh when the youth teams played there. Completely idiotic treatment of a number of young guys, no man management skills other than the old 'shout in the face' method.

Maybe he should shoulder some of the responsibility as he has most probably sign the majority of the the Youth Players he now deems not good enough.

Possibly ...... but also he has to watch whilst any talent we develop stagnates because they cannot get near the bench for dross.

There was a different coaching team when Mole was at QOS.

Yes, after John Murray had told us the the 11 players on loan were basically hopeless, Darren Murray had to jump in to say Templeton was promising.

Templeton didn't come through our youth system, he was bought from Stenhousemuir for around ?20k. I think he was originally at Aberdeen and was released. He is the son of the former Ayr United player Henry.Height and stregth may count against him.

There was a different coaching team when Mole was at QOS.

Was it not the start of this season Mole was on loan? I cant remember for sure but i thought it was, i thought Chisholm had been in charge all season also, or have they bought in or changed coaches at all?

Templeton didn't come through our youth system, he was bought from Stenhousemuir for around ?20k. I think he was originally at Aberdeen and was released. He is the son of the former Ayr United player Henry.Height and stregth may count against him.

So out of the 11 out on loan, the only guy who is NOT hopeless did NOT come through our youth system!

IMO there's something fundementally wrong with our youth set up and going by what I saw and heard of John Murray at Tuesday's meeting I'm not surprised!

So out of the 11 out on loan, the only guy who is NOT hopeless did NOT come through our youth system!

IMO there's something fundementally wrong with our youth set up and going by what I saw and heard of John Murray at Tuesday's meeting I'm not surprised!

he did have the chance to sign wee scott brown and wee sean maloney but declined

This is not the first I have heard about Murray's unfortunate man management skills.

His treatment of some of the younger players is nothing short of disgraceful.

At an age when all that some of them will respond to is an encouraging arm around the shoulder, Murray seems to think that the Ferguson treatment is suitable for all. .............AND, I have this first hand , although for obvious reasons I can't reveal my source.

Agree entirely. I understand that he's not respected with the boys because.................he's crap.

Archived