Sunglasses

rael11

As it says, I'm going to get some new sunglasses for the summer. What do you recommend?

Ray Ban Polaroids, just make sure the seller studies your face and gives you the right glass frames that fit your face, nothing worse than seeing someone with small/large glasses on the boat's in which they clearly don't fit.

Cheap. You're going to sit on them or lose them.

I look like a **** with sunglasses on so I tend not to wear them unless I genuinely need to.

graduated tint, smoky aviators or cowboy style. no mirrored shit or crappy blue or purple tints.

1b.jpg

can't go wrong.

Carl Weathers

graduated tint, smoky aviators or cowboy style. no mirrored shit or crappy blue or purple tints.

1b.jpg

can't go wrong.

Good shout!

Those look great.

Guest Just Came To Say Kello

Just get a cheap pair. No one notices/cares.

Also, they're all made by the same company. All of them. They just slap different brand names on them.

I'ld highly recommend Serengeti's. Been a RayBan or Oakley man for many a year, but i love my new Serengeti's. Decent price and high quality lenses. 180 bucks for the ones below

mare7349-2.jpg

1b.jpg

can't go wrong.

Aviators are for 80's fighter jet pilots...and twats.

Just get a cheap pair. No one notices/cares.

Also, they're all made by the same company. All of them. They just slap different brand names on them.

You are pretty much correct, is it not 2 factory's that's make most of Europes supply of sunglasses. Just get a 'fake' pair and they basically the same

kingantti1874

Maui Jim wiki wiki, rayban warrior and Oakley whisker ate the ones I'm currently choosing between

You are pretty much correct, is it not 2 factory's that's make most of Europes supply of sunglasses. Just get a 'fake' pair and they basically the same

Serengeti's are made by Serengeti

1b.jpg

can't go wrong.

Very much THIS.

I'ld highly recommend Serengeti's. Been a RayBan or Oakley man for many a year, but i love my new Serengeti's. Decent price and high quality lenses. 180 bucks for the ones below

mare7349-2.jpg

I've got a pair that cost me ?5 that look just like them.

I've got a pair that cost me ?5 that look just like them.

I bought cheap cornflakes once, they looked exactly the same as Kellog's whistling.gif

Do The Dance

I bought cheap cornflakes once, they looked exactly the same as Kellog's whistling.gif

And they were probably made by Kellogs.

The People's Chimp

Not quite correct though is it. Some tinted plastic fake ?10 jobs with zero UV protection are not the same, as 'designer' sunglasses and there's going to be a large difference between the lens quality, sharpness etc on a pair of oakleys for sport, than some Versace 'fashion' glasses.

What is true is that most 'designer' sunglasses are made in the same factory, by the same company, Luxotica.

Tbh if you're not bothered about/can't tell the difference between a fake pair of ray bans and the real thing, then fair enough, stay with your tenner fakes, but going from a pair of fakes to the real thing is a marked, noticeable difference in quality and they don't fall apart after 5 days.

OGBN-2T.jpg?1328548817

Big fan of the Cassette Company shades, but the dicks don't seem to be shipping to the UK at the moment. They're pretty cheap too.

And they were probably made by Kellogs.

If it's not Kellogg's on the box then it's not Kellogg's in the box.

BoJack Horseman

Wayfarers myself. I've got a bit of a large heed and the knock offs of these are the only ones that look relatively ok. I'd have a pair of the real deal if they fitted me. Need to try the large ones on.

Those Cassette ones look the baws for $20.

I look like a dick in sunglasses, so I bought 2 dickhead pairs from River Island.

Malcolm Tucker loves them :D

The People's Chimp

Wayfarers myself. I've got a bit of a large heed and the knock offs of these are the only ones that look relatively ok. I'd have a pair of the real deal if they fitted me. Need to try the large ones on.

Those Cassette ones look the baws for $20.

Like the real deal ones; they sit off the face at an angle, nice.

Make sure you get a quality polarised lens. If you want quality make sure the fit and adjustments are comfortable, secure and done properly.

The amount of ill fitting sunglasses (particularly the large aviators) I see is ridiculous.

Rayban and Oakley have got the name and are decent quality but I might make another suggestion: Bolle. They sponsor alot of major Europe sports teams cyclists, sailing, skiing etc. The quality is very good and almost all their frames can be glazed with prescription for spectacle wearers.

This is a popular model:

bolle_crown_sunglasses.jpg

I'd also recommend going here, ask me if any queries. Great Value :thumbsup:

spectacles_outlet_logo.gif

kingantti1874

Whilst there is profit to be made, generally the lens quality in more expensive frames is a far greater quality... It's not all about the way they look... I have a pair of oakleys I've had or 11 years an they are still mint despite lots or wearing... Worth the money IMO. I don't mind paying for something that lasts that long

Tiberius Stinkfinger

1b.jpg

can't go wrong.

If your over 50 and still watch Starsky & Hutch on your betamax every night, then aye !!

Oakley is the connoisseur's choice..........:thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

Who actually buys sunglasses based on how well they block out the sun? Nobody I'd imagine.

Who actually buys sunglasses based on how well they block out the sun? Nobody I'd imagine.

I do. I wear sunglasses pretty much every single day.

BoJack Horseman

I do. I wear sunglasses pretty much every single day.

Well, folk who are buying for casual use.

Quite fancy some of these after various styles of Oakleys...

601.png

Oakley do a similar style if you prefer...

oakley_frogskin.jpg

Well, folk who are buying for casual use.

I only wear them when its sunny, which is most days, but fair dues. Shirley how well sunglasses block the sun should still be a factor, though. Unless we are talking about the sort of bawbags that wear sunglasses indoors, etc..

BoJack Horseman

I only wear them when its sunny, which is most days, but fair dues. Shirley how well sunglasses block the sun should still be a factor, though. Unless we are talking about the sort of bawbags that wear sunglasses indoors, etc..

It was more in reference to the guys saying you should buy designer because of the better protection. No one buys designer for the better protection. They buy it for the brand.

It was more in reference to the guys saying you should buy designer because of the better protection. No one buys designer for the better protection. They buy it for the brand.

Through my work I can make a high quality Polarised lens for ANY glazable frame. So if anyone has a old pair of specs but looking for a quality lens to block sun I can get Polarised lenses fitted to your own frame for only ?30. :thumbsup:

So if anyone is actually looking for sunglasses based on performance, maybe for fishing or golf? That is an inexpensive way to do it without compromising on quality. B)

Make sure you get a quality polarised lens. If you want quality make sure the fit and adjustments are comfortable, secure and done properly.

The amount of ill fitting sunglasses (particularly the large aviators) I see is ridiculous.

Rayban and Oakley have got the name and are decent quality but I might make another suggestion: Bolle. They sponsor alot of major Europe sports teams cyclists, sailing, skiing etc. The quality is very good and almost all their frames can be glazed with prescription for spectacle wearers.

This is a popular model:

bolle_crown_sunglasses.jpg

I'd also recommend going here, ask me if any queries. Great Value :thumbsup:

spectacles_outlet_logo.gif

Those frames look like something my mum would have worn in the early 90's.

Those frames look like something my mum would have worn in the early 90's.

Not my choice. I simply said they are popular. So enough people disagree with you.

They are popular with cyclists/hill walkers and the like. The quality of them is very good.

He Who Cannot Be Named

roll-lens-glasses.jpg

Folk who spend any more than ?20 on sunglasses are as daft as they come, and are the same folk that are desperate to whip them out at the slightest hint of sun. Tragic.

If your over 50 and still watch Starsky & Hutch on your betamax every night, then aye !!

Oakley is the connoisseur's choice..........:thumbsup:

:lol: that was quite funny.

oakley shmoakley. you're obsessed by oakley.

shite trolling sten. :down:

roll-lens-glasses.jpg

Folk who spend any more than ?20 on sunglasses are as daft as they come, and are the same folk that are desperate to whip them out at the slightest hint of sun. Tragic.

:pleasing:

Can't go far wrong with a pair of Wayfarers.

Dog-bollockingly good.

Superb lenses - they work for me and get a big thumbsup.gif

800px-RayBanWayfarer.jpg

Quite fancy some of these after various styles of Oakleys...

601.png

I got a pair of these AND a blue pair in Turkey last year. 20 euros the pair of em. Genuine too, so I'm led to believe.

Had a pair of RayBan aviators for a lot of years. As I started driving more in the southwest States I found that they did not protect from the side, the sun hitting my eyes through the car windows. Ended up buying some Maui Jims, with a sort of wrap around frame that does the job for me. Very good lots of protection and surprisingly light, the ones I have now are prescription. Fairly expensive, but if as I do you spend a lot of time in the sun well worth the extra.

Mr Brightside

There is NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING worse than a guy wearing sunglasses who doesn't suit them at all

A guy wearing a baseball cap is worse IMHO.

Archived