Frail hints at being ?influenced? to play certain players?

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill

Just of the blower to a good friend who was at this evening's 'management' conference at Tynecastle with Steve Frail, John Murray and Darren Murray.

He said that Frail suggested that he is being influenced to play certain players in order to aid them being be sold on.

Were any Kickbackers there as first hand witness?

Re the news: no surprise really.

Buffalo Bill

Ryan Gosling

I see nothing wrong with that tbh. If it helps get rid of the dross.

I think it's been banded about on here than Goncalves is playing for the benefit of scouts.

My mate was there - he mentioned that Frail was being influenced to pick certain players - never mentioned for sell on value though.

At this stage of the season i am not too bothered, we are finished. If it helps get rid of some of the dross (Unlikely as we are less likely to sell most of this team the more they play!) then so be it.

That said, it could just be that nothing has changed and it is the same old!!

I think the latter is more likely!!

I really rue the due Vlad took this Club over now!

Very annoying and frustrating if true.

I just hope we are able to secure a decent manager who will be willing to put up with this occasional bollocks. Chances of that happening? Not bloody likely.

Frail pretty much admitted that Jose played instead of Wallace for that reason, and that he can't just throw in youngsters willy nilly because some of the higher earners will have to play.

chester copperpot

I dont doubt it, however it tells me Frails credentials as a proper manager are just not there.

If he's pandering to Romanov, it further proves he should not be boss. Another piece of evidence to suggest that Romanov will never change his ways.

I'm starting to hate this guy.

chester copperpot
and yet people still think our 'manager' will have full control next season....

Exactly.

I dont wanna go off on a rant, but I cannot see how he will butt out, therefor casting doubts yet again on our manager situation.

Buffalo Bill
Damn I forgot about that tonight.

Same here mate. I really need to get myself a diary or one of those palm-pilot things.

This 'news' is no big deal to be fair.

But it just goes to show his 'autonomy' exsists no more.

Goodbye 07/08. It was fun, honest.

Buffalo Bill

Buffalo Bill
and yet people still think our 'manager' will have full control next season....

The contract has to be water tight or we're fecked.

Buffalo Bill

I dont doubt it, however it tells me Frails credentials as a proper manager are just not there.

If he's pandering to Romanov, it further proves he should not be boss. Another piece of evidence to suggest that Romanov will never change his ways.

I'm starting to hate this guy.

You should not hate him I was there tonight and have sympathy for Frail for working under impossible circumstances. It must be a nightmare:evilno:

John Murray went off on one early doors, bit of a short fuse on him.

You should not hate him I was there tonight and have sympathy for Frail for working under impossible circumstances. It must be a nightmare:evilno:

What was he ranting about?

Apparently as well other than Macdonald and Templeton the other youngsters on loan should never have been given long deals cos they're not good enough and not wanted at the club.

Ties in with the fact I know of one player who didn't think he was getting a deal only to receive a 5 year deal.

I think he meant Romanov.

chester copperpot

I meant Romanov mate, not Frail. Want him to remain in some capacity, but not 1st team manager.

Sorry if that was confusing.

I think it's been banded about on here than Goncalves is playing for the benefit of scouts.

so we've been lied too and we haven't been playing our best team in trying to get into the top six.

it's sickening.

The Real Maroonblood
so we've been lied too and we haven't been playing our best team in trying to get into the top six.

it's sickening.

Excellent point.

The Goncavles situation is well known and has been discussed/hinted at previously on k***back.

Frail also mentioned that that was the 1st time Vlad influenced his team selection.It will more than likely happen for the rest of the season to give these players a better chance of a move.

Murray did throw the dummy out about the lack of talent in the youth set up.The question was not put in any bad way towards him.He went on the defence and a strop far too quickly for his own good.One of the 1st questions asked as well.Embarrassing for him.Never said much after.In fact all we needed was S Frail.I thought he did really well with his answers.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

it's sickening.

How many more times do we have to be told this is the case?

And yet some people will still renew their season tickets regardless when the team is deliberately being sabotaged and showcasing duds is more important than winning matches.

We are a disgrace.

Winston Ingram

Please enlighten us re. John Murray's rant.. he did this at a shareholders' dinner a couple of years back about Burley and it was absolutely priceless!!

Don't have a problem with Jose playing for shop window purposes.. especially when we have jack sprout to play for anyway. And it's not as if Wallace is considerably better than him anyway. It WOULD be an issue if the team was being seriously weakened at an important time for this purpose. Would imagine this happens at a lot of places at this time of year.

rudi must stay
All comes as a surprise does it?

probably shouldn't. But it does come as a shock to me, thought Frail was an honest guy. ******* to him though, we have been lied to again and this time by someone who even used to play for us ffs. Disgraceful

I think we would have a better chance of selling Goncalves if we didn't play him. Unless there scouting for a long-jumper.

Winston Ingram

it's sickening.

Not sure about that.. is Wallace a better left-back than Jose? Debatable.

The Real Maroonblood

And yet some people will still renew their season tickets regardless when the team is deliberately being sabotaged and showcasing duds is more important than winning matches.

We are a disgrace.

The club is rotten to the core.

and don't you think it's important that wallace gets as many games under his belt that will help him develop into a better player. for your information a young player improves by playing games not watching from the bench.

Please enlighten us re. John Murray's rant.. he did this at a shareholders' dinner a couple of years back about Burley and it was absolutely priceless!!

A guy picked up on the "we've got loads of young talent" chat and asked who they were. JM spat the dummy out and explained that 7 of the team that won at Inverness came through the Academy, including Elliot who scored twice.

Not much more to it than that really.

and don't you think it's important that wallace gets as many games under his belt that will help him develop into a better player. for your information a young player improves by playing games not watching from the bench.

Might be besides the point but Goncalves isn't exactly a veteran either.

We are a disgrace.

So my buying a ST because I support the team through good and bad - does that make me a disgrace?

and who brought the dross to the club in the first place. .....romanov

and who sells our best players..... romanov

and who's sabotaged our season by telling the management who to play because it suits his empty headed football brain..... romanov

i could go on and it's all bad.

this man romanov is harming our players careers. him and his puppets shouldn't be allowed anywhere near hearts football team from the kids to the first team.

jamboinglasgow
Frail also mentioned that that was the 1st time Vlad influenced his team selection.It will more than likely happen for the rest of the season to give these players a better chance of a move.

Murray did throw the dummy out about the lack of talent in the youth set up.The question was not put in any bad way towards him.He went on the defence and a strop far too quickly for his own good.One of the 1st questions asked as well.Embarrassing for him.Never said much after.In fact all we needed was S Frail.I thought he did really well with his answers.

I think it's sad that Vlad has gone against his word of no interference but I do think what you said that this was the 1st time is important. We are at the end of the season and have nothing to play for, if we can get rid of the rubbish then that would be good, if we get money for them that is better. I wouldn't mind a team of players we are trying sell on and youngsters as that achieves two goals. Though do wonder if youngsters need competent players beside them.

Though an issue I think is important is was frail talking about Killie as the game when influnce first happened? If so vlad should not of done it before an important match, if it was this saturday fine but not last saturday.

Bonnie Prince Charlie
Same here mate. I really need to get myself a diary or one of those palm-pilot things.

This 'news' is no big deal to be fair.

But it just goes to show his 'autonomy' exsists no more.

Goodbye 07/08. It was fun, honest.

Buffalo Bill

There's another 1 on Thursday. I'm sure if you make a phone call they'll let you come

Billy Bigtime

Fantastic! most of you weren't there but you're ready to jump up and down and spout the usual agenda's.

There is a bit more to it than that, although no good news

Winston Ingram

Wallace has played more first-team games than your average youngster and is yet to prove to me that he is any better than average. His positional sense his poor, he can't tackle, and isn't quick.. not great for a full-back. And if he ISNT a full-back, it seems strange that his former youth coach wants to play him there.

I watched a team comprising largely of Frail/Murray's former youth team at Love St, and it wasn't pretty. To be honest I'm yet to be convinced about Murray's (John) great and persistent claims about our youth players.. his record, for example, neither stands up to John Park's at Hibs or Sandy Clark's at Hearts.

Re. Vlad supposedly filling the team with dross... he has spent a hell of a lot of money on wages to players who apparently don't give a toss. Maybe it's them who should be looked at. Easy get out to blame the owner.. he doesn't pull on a pair of boots (yet!!).

HeartyGraeme

Theres plenty wrong with this.

Who decides whats "the dross"?

If its true, then the team put on the park is not the one the manager would have selected as his strongest side, and we all know where that leads now dont we?

Commander Harris
All comes as a surprise does it?

nope, still discouraging though.

Dagger Is Back
Fantastic! most of you weren't there but you're ready to jump up and down and spout the usual agenda's.

There is a bit more to it than that, although no good news

I wasn't there but would be interested to hear what you mean by this. I'm basing my comments on what the OP said and what I've seen on the park this season.

I'm drawing my own conclusions based on this. I'm not usre there is a problem with that.

You yourself say there is no good news and you'd have to say that after this season that isn't really a surprise.

I think it's sad that Vlad has gone against his word of no interference but I do think what you said that this was the 1st time is important. We are at the end of the season and have nothing to play for, if we can get rid of the rubbish then that would be good, if we get money for them that is better. I wouldn't mind a team of players we are trying sell on and youngsters as that achieves two goals. Though do wonder if youngsters need competent players beside them.

Though an issue I think is important is was frail talking about Killie as the game when influnce first happened? If so vlad should not of done it before an important match, if it was this saturday fine but not last saturday.

I got that impression.Frail couldn't really sat too much but hinted that was the reason Jose played(no mention about Tall though).Frail also stressed that Vlad let him pick his team.He had to give Vlad reasons for changes but Vlad accepted every team and did not ask for any changes.

I Honestly do not think its as bad as we are making out.I can understand the reasons and more than likely Hearts will not be the only club that has nothing to play for,doing this.

Nelly Terraces

Just about everything to do with Hearts is tiresome and deflating these days. Hints, half truths, innuendo, smokescreens, and basic lies, it's all in there. None of them have the guts to come and say exactly what's happened in the past or what will happen in the future. It's ****g boring.

Quite frankly, they can stick it.

Billy Bigtime
I wasn't there but would be interested to hear what you mean by this. I'm basing my comments on what the OP said and what I've seen on the park this season.

I'm drawing my own conclusions based on this. I'm not usre there is a problem with that.

You yourself say there is no good news and you'd have to say that after this season that isn't really a surprise.

Well Dagger, that has to be the most uncomfortable I've seen a man in a long time. During the course of the evening he twice exclaimed that he'd like to be honest with us but "he'd lose his job". He claims that he's had full control up until the last two or three games, which is more than than the previous incumbents. it would appear that Vlad said to him on January 1, "pick who you want" from these 14 players.

The whole thing was pointless from start to finish except that we now know that "shaggy" doesn't rate about 80% of the first team and would change it given a chance.

Pinilla is a waster and many others are wage thieves!

oh for feck sake

can we all collectively get a backbone?

"influence" = "interference" = " head coach not in full control"

jesus h christ

it is almost acceptable if it happened in the last 5 games against the complete dross we are having to play

but for it to happen

1. when we still had a good chance of top 6 football and an outside chance of UEFA spot as a result

2. when we were told we were now in the era of our head coach being in full control

the insipid response of some to this scenario is as disappointing as it is surprising

Vlad hasnt dropped the habit. Vlad cant drop the habit.

Frail might just be kept on and he is now already in the habit of being "influenced"

does vlad physically have to shove his ***** up your erses for you to get even slightly annoyed with him?

The contract has to be water tight or we're fecked.

Buffalo Bill

Agreed, however (and sorry for sounding like a broken record here) would Frail take the job without the guarantee?

And if it was in the contract, would Frail be man enough to stick up for himself, especially when he's not on big wages?

scots civil war

got to stop being mired in this hideous mentalist mess

at least gain from the positive that some of these ***** are (hopefully) to

be seeing the exit very ****ing soon,in some shape or form..............

remote control hearts just keep on ****ing us up

Again as usual I am stating an opiniopn on matters observed by others. It however still remains my opinion that Frail is to weak an individual at present to make a manager. If quoted correctly he is admitting that he is in fact influenced in his team selections, he allows too much familiarity in his players, and his greatest weakness of all is stated in only one post but he is attributed with having said something to the effect, " I want to be honest but it would cost me my job" how weak and self serving, can an individual be. The saddest part is that being so weak will probably in the long run lose him his job, and even more sadly the prospect of something decent in the future.

Archived