Reserve Game Today

Examiner

Ryan Gosling
Elias Wagner is fast as **** but needs to work harder and impose himself on games more.

At 16, at least he has the time.

jamboinglasgow
Baws to that!

I agree but some on kickback like to think everything that is Hearts is bad so we have no good prospects, the academy is rubbish, we haven't brought though any talent apart from Gordon and he was a fluke.

we're doomed, doomed.:P

In my opnion, Hearts youth set up rivals Rangers and Celtic and through some little changes and a manager who will bring through youth we can be the best. When people talk of the Scotland team they will see us as the producers of great Scottish talent. Hibs youth sun is setting (and though it may rise again it is not going to in the next few years definatly.)

Or am I too optimistic:)

The Hibs youth system was vastly overrated by a media that constantly bought in to all their crap. I mean, can someone seriously point out a Hibs player from the youth system that has been sold and actually went on to realise his supposed undoubted talent and potential?

O'Connor - ?1.6 million - Bench warmer at Lokomotiv. Looks completely lost in the Premiership.

Ian Murray - Free (prev valued at six figures) - Dreadful for Rangers, worse at Norwich, back at Hibs.

Kevin Thomson - ?2 million - Is starting to perform a lot more consistently in the second half of this season but his number of appearances have started to reduce. Spent his first twelve months making Hibs, Hearts and Celtic fans pish themselves laughing with his abject displays.

Steven Whittaker - ?2 million - Performing surprisingly so far for Rangers. Whether he is worth that much will be debated for some time and I think we'd all be surprised if he were to become a mainstay in that Rangers starting XI for years to come.

Scott Brown - ?4.5 million - Still rate him through his performances for Scotland but come on, the guy has looked like he's worth a mere fraction of what Strachan paid for him. Goals and assists are rare at club level but he recieves praise for his ability to run at players - sounds like a green and white Deividas Cesnauskis.

Riordan - ?200k (worth ten times more, allegedly) - Who?

The best one will be when Fletcher goes to Real for over ?3 million. Are they actually having a ****ing laugh? There is no chance he'll do anything there.

I know I've gone over the top in my bias with this post but it feels good to vent some anti-Hibs anger sometimes. There is little to no doubt that their great youth system has been blowed out of proportion slightly. I'll admit it's better than ours but at least our biggest product has actually gone on to perform at a higher level.

If those lads were all as good as advertised then how come the most Hibs have achieved in the last 5 years is finishing 3rd once and winning the league cup?

Hibs players

I doubt that Hibs fans could care less about how good their players are once they've been sold for megabux.

jamboinglasgow

Think hibs should be congratulated for their converyor belt of talent for only one reason, how they managed to get so much for these players. Not saying they didn't have promise but in terms of what they worth, clubs payed through the roof for them.

Out of all of them I think the one who do best is Thomson, think he is starting to get comfortable at Rangers and my mate who is a ST holder at Ibrox who didn't rate him when he came feels he has improved alot. Brown has talent but celtic dont allow him to use it, think he is more a right winger than a center mid.

Goose Baxter
I agree but some on kickback like to think everything that is Hearts is bad so we have no good prospects, the academy is rubbish, we haven't brought though any talent apart from Gordon and he was a fluke.

we're doomed, doomed.:P

In my opnion, Hearts youth set up rivals Rangers and Celtic and through some little changes and a manager who will bring through youth we can be the best. When people talk of the Scotland team they will see us as the producers of great Scottish talent. Hibs youth sun is setting (and though it may rise again it is not going to in the next few years definatly.)

Or am I too optimistic:)

i think as hearts fans we exect too much too soon.

everytime i have seen hearts reserves this season the team has been filled with young blood and some of the other teams have had a few players with 1st team experience ( hibs last week )

To me this can only be a good thing if we have a lot of reserve players who can still play for the u19 & u17.

To me this can only be a good thing for the future of the club as this can help the players gain a little more experience by playing against better fringe players at other clubs.

Banks, 7 Not much to do but had a brilliant save at the end.

Thomson 7 Good game and scored a goal.Will start Saturday.

Devine 7 Another good game from him.

J Stewart7 Good reader of the game.Got a belter in the face.

Balatoni7 As above.

I thought the defence played really well considering the height advantage Inverness had.

Mearns,7 Slow start but had a great spell in the 1st half.When he won every tackle.

Mackle 6 Some good and bad bits of play.

Husband 6 Shocker of a 1st half but the only Hearts player to improve 2nd. Found his passing range 2nd half.

Glen 6 Scored a goal but didn't really stand out.

Mole 8 Some brilliant running.Scored a goal.Had 1 brilliant bit of skill that ended up with him hitting the bar.Made Thomson's goal as well.

Wagner 5 Good work for Glens goal but too timid.Always seems to pass the ball backwards.

Fair points FJ. If they were that great why did they get humped off us 4-0s, 4-1s, etc.

I do rate Thomson though but Brown needs to sort it out or his undeniable talent is going to go to waste.

It was Thomson who was the only Hibs player who turned up for the 4-0 semi defeat. The rest showed the same interest as the Hibs fans that day.

Goose Baxter
Banks, 7 Not much to do but had a brilliant save at the end.

Thomson 7 Good game and scored a goal.Will start Saturday.

Devine 7 Another good game from him.

J Stewart7 Good reader of the game.Got a belter in the face.

Balatoni7 As above.

I thought the defence played really well considering the height advantage Inverness had.

Mearns,7 Slow start but had a great spell in the 1st half.When he won every tackle.

Mackle 6 Some good and bad bits of play.

Husband 6 Shocker of a 1st half but the only Hearts player to improve 2nd. Found his passing range 2nd half.

Glen 6 Scored a goal but didn't really stand out.

Mole 8 Some brilliant running.Scored a goal.Had 1 brilliant bit of skill that ended up with him hitting the bar.Made Thomson's goal as well.

Wagner 5 Good work for Glens goal but too timid.Always seems to pass the ball backwards.

The new barry ferguson? :)

The Inverness reserves must be gash.

Going by the reserve league table they must be pretty good they beat rangers the other week so the simple facts are play the young guys and leave the overpaid dross to sit in the stand and watch.

Apart from banks in goal the average age of the team yesterday must have been 17 or 18 that is the future for hearts.

Archived