Tottenham v Man Utd

:shitwine:

Big game later on today. Will be supporting Spurs, but can't see past a Man U win - 3-1.

John McClure

i too will be cheering on spurs

2-1 to them i think

as with every sunday game, especially the games at the top of the table, both teams will score

will manchester uniteds defence be able to match up to that of hearts and come away from white hart lane with a clean sheet????

shaun.lawson

I've gone 3-1 Spurs. I keep thinking United are bound to get walloped somewhere: they're crap, and for them to be so close to City is astounding, and all down to Ferguson.

If Spurs lose though, will they start to panic?

Cardiac Rucksack

Spurs to get bummed again. They will then be in free fall which is a :pleasing: thought.

i'll wait to see the starting XI's but I have a strange feeling it will be a score draw 2-2 with spurs taking an early lead

Sergio Garcia

United to win by the odd late goal, so 2v1 or 3v2 United for me.

Rooney to get a double

Hoping for a good game and a united match after missing all the football action in the nowhere land including our famous win.

Sergio Garcia

Spurs: Friedel; Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto; Lennon Livermore Sandro Modric; Adebayor Saha.

United: De Gea; Jones Ferdinand Evans Evra; Nani Carrick Scholes Young; Rooney Welbeck.

No Bale, VDV or Parker for Spurs

shaun.lawson

Spurs: Friedel; Walker Kaboul King Assou-Ekotto; Lennon Livermore Sandro Modric; Adebayor Saha.

United: De Gea; Jones Ferdinand Evans Evra; Nani Carrick Scholes Young; Rooney Welbeck.

No Bale or Parker for Spurs

Not liking the look of that Tottenham side one bit. :o

Sergio Garcia

Subs

Spurs Cudicini Dos Santos Defoe Dawson Kranjcar Rose Nelsen.

United Amos Anderson Giggs Park Hernandez Fabio Rafael.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Not liking the look of that Tottenham side one bit. :o

I hope your not questioning the future England managers team selection Lieson.

That won't do, oh no.

Gigolo-Aunt

With missing the players that they are, it shows how far Spurs have come when they can put out a side like that.

Tommy Wiseau

Those line ups scream Man U win to me, I must say. :arry:

Over 2.5 goals and a United win on this cat's coupon.

The Old Tolbooth

I'd absolutely love it if Spurs done the glams, however Spurs are notorious for bottling matches against that mob and I can't see them getting anything from the game. :down:

Rand Paul's Ray Bans

United are pretty sloppy at the moment.

Spurs playing some decent stuff.

Man U look vulnerable - but Spurs are missing the big players who can take advantage.

Harsh call.

Good shout I thought. He controlled the ball (albeit very slightly) with his left arm.

As usual Man Utd playing pish.

Probably won't stop them taking something from the game though.

Good shout I thought. He controlled the ball (albeit very slightly) with his left arm.

It did hit his arm, but it wasn't deliberate. It would be contentious if a defender did that in his box, but it was a fair call from the ref.

Sergio Garcia

Some finish :o

Right decision though :(

Yep good finish but ref done well there, used his arm to bring it down.

United have been poor, front 4 look as they havent met before kick off and Carrick looks lost. They need to get to half time and sort it out

I have no idea how they continue to churn out these sort of results playing as poorly as they do.

Bert Le Clos

First handball from Adebayor wasn't the issue. It's the second one which prevents the ball getting away from him.

Correct call.

Will be amazed if jones re appears after half time.

Rafael to come on.

Getting caught out pace wise and on a booking!

It did hit his arm, but it wasn't deliberate. It would be contentious if a defender did that in his box, but it was a fair call from the ref.

If it's not deliberate, it's not a foul. The referee has to determine the intention in a split second, without being able to read minds or the benefit of a replay. Here, Adebayor moved his arm, the ball hit it, and this aided his control of the ball.

As you say, fair call from the ref, in my opinion. My first reaction was that he was actually offside, but the replay showed he clearly wasn't.

ArcticJambo

First reaction to that handball was F-off ref but Adebayor does ever sl slightly move his arm (naturally probably) back to towards the ball as it moves away from the only way he can back heel it in so it's a good call. :ermm:

Rudolf's Mate

After a nice scoop with the halftime fulltime on der Hun game yesterday, I could be in line for another nice return

Tottenham v Man Utd - Half-Time/Full-Time

Man Utd/Tottenham @ 33/1

Stake: ?10.00

(?10.00 ? 1 line)

Est. Returns:

?340.00

C'mon the lads!

ArcticJambo

Rooney's goal was all down to a good cross ... don't think there was much anyone else can do about it ... perhaps Friedel could have just concentrated on the cross instead of trying to push the attacker out to clear room.

Archived