Hearts v Hibs - Training facilities

ZacBaker

Morsten Securities have nothing to do with the training ground.

Originally, Hibs had agreed to borrow money from Morsten, with an agreement that Morsten would get a cut of profits over an agreed amount which was relative to their investment.

However, due to money taken in from Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown and laterly Steven Whittaker, the loan was handed back unused.

You can read about it all on the official Hibs site.

Also, the mortgages on the stands are not paid to STF, but to the bank. STF acted as guarantor in securing the funding for the West stand.

IF STF walked away, Hibs would operate exactly as they do now, as they are run as an entirely self-sufficient business.

STF has not made money specifically from the transfer income of the aforementioned players. as that money was used to a)reduce debt - which means (for the hard of thinking) paying back money already spent, and B) to invest in the training centre.

Hibs training facility has been acknowledged as one of the best in the country from a variety of reputable sources.

A summary of the facilities at "the barn:cool:" are available here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7151795.stm

That may explain the 3 mortgages to the Bank of Scotland bit doesn't explain the additional mortgage your club has to HFC Holdings (the majority shareholders owned by STF & RTM).

Nor does it explain the mortgage that HFC Holdings has to STF (as an individual).

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cant wait twenty years time you will have built yours first

It will be another first for the famous hibernian fc along with taking flair to brazil

Thanks for coming hobos we have had ours for years

Jog on

winston churchill
Morsten Securities have nothing to do with the training ground.

Originally, Hibs had agreed to borrow money from Morsten, with an agreement that Morsten would get a cut of profits over an agreed amount which was relative to their investment.

However, due to money taken in from Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown and laterly Steven Whittaker, the loan was handed back unused.

You can read about it all on the official Hibs site.

Also, the mortgages on the stands are not paid to STF, but to the bank. STF acted as guarantor in securing the funding for the West stand.

IF STF walked away, Hibs would operate exactly as they do now, as they are run as an entirely self-sufficient business.

STF has not made money specifically from the transfer income of the aforementioned players. as that money was used to a)reduce debt - which means (for the hard of thinking) paying back money already spent, and B) to invest in the training centre.

Hibs training facility has been acknowledged as one of the best in the country from a variety of reputable sources.

A summary of the facilities at "the barn:cool:" are available here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7151795.stm

i thought you would never post on here again pedantic matty.

Ok.

Here's the application.

Not by HFC Holdings. Morstons etc etc but by Hibernian Football club.

http://www.planning.eastlothian.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Application%20Form-446474.pdf?extension=.pdf&wmTransparency=0&id=446474&wmLocation=0&location=VOLUME1&contentType=application%2Fpdf&wmName=&pageCount=5

Game over I "believe". :)

Game Over?

Yup, that proves that STF & RTM's company doesn't have a mortgage over the muddy field in Newcastle right enough.

Colonel Kurtz
Ok.

Here's the application.

Not by HFC Holdings. Morstons etc etc but by Hibernian Football club.

http://www.planning.eastlothian.gov.uk/WAM/doc/Application%20Form-446474.pdf?extension=.pdf&wmTransparency=0&id=446474&wmLocation=0&location=VOLUME1&contentType=application%2Fpdf&wmName=&pageCount=5

Game over I "believe". :)

Christ its worst than having a bairn,the Hearts mans burden right enough.

somebody will explain to you I dont have the patience

i thought you would never post on here again pedantic matty.

I'm surprised as well, he's not very complimentary about this place.

RockyBalboa
Game Over?

Yup, that proves that STF & RTM's company doesn't have a mortgage over the muddy field in Newcastle right enough.

No it proves that Hibs own the training complex and not anyone else.

Nucky Thompson
http://www.hibs.co.uk/news/more.php?id=2510_0_1_0_C

Hardly a barn or muddy field now, is it? ;)

FFS:) You can still make out the barn roof etc.. How long did it take to buy of the farmer, get planning permission and open it? All they have done is lay some turf, draw on some lines and paint the fecking barn:107years:

No it proves that Hibs own the training complex and not anyone else.

Jeez, this is torture.

According to the Registers of Scotland, i own my house.

In the real world though, i wont actually own it until i pay the mortgage off.

Is this clear enough for you? It should be, we've been over it enough times.

RockyBalboa
FFS:) You can still make out the barn roof etc.. How long did it take to buy of the farmer, get planning permission and open it? All they have done is lay some turf, draw on some lines and paint the fecking barn:107years:

And eveyone else that has seen it has described it as "state of the art facilities" becuase? :rolleyes:

Who gives a toss on who has better training facilities.It's all about the people who give the youngsters the proper training and encouragement to keep them interested.Look where half of Brazil's superstars learn their trade,down and out slums playing football all day long!

I can remember playing football all day long for most of the time in the street in the 70's and looking back (not for myself) but the calibre of players we produced in Scotland were far better with facilities which were very basic.Nowadays football in the streets or "Take ons" down the local park seem to be a thing of the past.

Look how football has developed over the past decade in countries like Egypt and Turkey where two stones or two jackets were and still are used for goalposts and the pitches have barely a blade of grass but dryed up bumpy soil yet their kids just love football and get on with it without a whimper or care (unlike some of our spoilt wee barstewards running about)Now don't say we haven't got far far better facilities than these countries yet we haven't produced players with half their skill or commitment.

Where have all the Baxters,Dalgleishs',Bremners,Grays,all these players who were immense down south etc all gone?? Ask our coaches as they've failed in this country for too long big time moaning about facilities and the weather all the time!!

Nucky Thompson
And eveyone else that has seen it has described it as "state of the art facilities" becuase? :rolleyes:
When you compare it to cleaning the dog ***** of a public park at Muirhouse, i suppose you could call it anything:rolleyes:

RockyBalboa
Jeez, this is torture.

According to the Registers of Scotland, i own my house.

In the real world though, i wont actually own it until i pay the mortgage off.

Is this clear enough for you? It should be, we've been over it enough times.

The facilities are Hibs, we will recieve all income from anyone that uses them. We decide who uses them and when.

Your claim is like saying the majority of football clubs dont own the stadiums until there loans are paid off and Clubs dont own players until they fully pay for them. As stated yesterday it's like saying Hartley doesnt belong to Celtic because Celtic haven't fully paid Hearts yet. Although his contract - like the contract for East Mains states it's Hibs' - states he is Celtics'.

I don't know why you clutching at this anyway? We have already agreed that Hearts probably have better facilities.

RockyBalboa
When you compare it to cleaning the dog ***** of a public park at Muirhouse, i suppose you could call it anything:rolleyes:

Im talking about all the national newspapers. ;)

The facilities are Hibs, we will recieve all income from anyone that uses them. We decide who uses them and when.

Your claim is like saying the majority of football clubs dont own the stadiums until there loans are paid off and Clubs dont own players until they fully pay for them. As stated yesterday it's like saying Hartley doesnt belong to Celtic because Celtic haven't fully paid Hearts yet. Although his contract - like the contract for East Mains states it's Hibs' - states he is Celtics'.

I don't know why you clutching at this anyway? We have already agreed that Hearts probably have better facilities.

Don't start your sooking up with me.

RockyBalboa
Don't start your sooking up with me.

So you ignore the rest of the post?

Wasn't talking about you in general, was "we" in the majority of people on this thread. Dinnae flatter yourself.

I own a bike, not a motorbike, a bicycle, a Raleigh in fact.

I don't care about motorbikes or cars, I would rather have something that is mine. Why borrow a money, and in turn not actually own anything yet, to get a motorbike or car when I can own my bicycle?

Charlie-Brown

"Owning property is the most obvious way to control it, but control is possible without ownership. Control everything, own nothing." A quote of John D. Rockefeller.

jamboinglasgow

to me, both training centers are of the same quality however there are two reasons why the Hearts one is better:

a) is the partnership with a uiverstity that prides itself in sports teaching. Can only benefit plus additonal facilities and accomdation for visting players.

B)location. Hearts is the only training academy actually in a major city with decent bus links to provide transport. This helps with youngsters who have school then come here. This can only benefit Hearts.

So while both have the same facilities I feel Hearts is the better one.

Jambo, Goodbye

Maybe it really depends on how good the coaches are?

Whichever team has the better youth coaches and best scouts will bring up the better players...

With exception to how good the pitches are nothing else should make a difference to the end product

the general

I was out with a mate on Thursday who works in the catering side at the facilities and he was saying that both are top notch but HW has the edge,he says this was also backed up by a couple of the youth players who are being chased by Hearts and Hibs and training with both until they decide who to sign for.

Legend Claws
****ing hell, hibs is well better

not seen it?

your hearts one is bloomin murder compared to ours

one of the best in europe :)

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

peace out :P

Skag smoking **** stained bum raiding midden alert.

H J Simpson

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Smack myst be great

simple for the hard of thinking

How much was the car park sold for?

About ?9M.

How much was used to pay back debt?

All of it - ?2-3M to STF for personal loans he's previously made to the club and the rest to HBOS.

What happened to the balance?

See above

Is Petrie the highest paid employee?

I suspect he may be, though I'm not certain.

to me, both training centers are of the same quality however there are two reasons why the Hearts one is better:

a) is the partnership with a uiverstity that prides itself in sports teaching. Can only benefit plus additonal facilities and accomdation for visting players.

B)location. Hearts is the only training academy actually in a major city with decent bus links to provide transport. This helps with youngsters who have school then come here. This can only benefit Hearts.

So while both have the same facilities I feel Hearts is the better one.

Think I read that the Hibs training ground is working closely with Queen Margaret University.

I've never been to either facility but my boss, who trains the Hearts u10s or u11s, has said to me ours are far superior.

The main reason is that Hibs still have to play all their youth games away from the training facility as there are no facilities for the public, primarily toliets. Therefore they still have to scour the land for pitches whereas we are all self contained at Riccarton.

Obviously Hibs situation could change if they upgrade but currently it's only the first and reserve teams (I think) that can train there.

The cruckie cookie

Interesting reading on this thread especially those who tell us we share the Sport Sciences department. We must have just by-passed those guys and used Rima's magic stick or Pygama man or the Black box.

The facilities are only as good as the people you put in them to get the best out of the players.

We need a Manager

Interesting reading on this thread especially those who tell us we share the Sport Sciences department. We must have just by-passed those guys and used Rima's magic stick or Pygama man or the Black box.

The facilities are only as good as the people you put in them to get the best out of the players.

We need a Manager

Interesting comments from you. Quite similar to these on vermin.net....

The sports science facilities up there can't be up to much. Vlad had to bring in Pyjama Man and Rima with her Golden Sticks of Healing to sort the shambles out FFS.

Zero tolerance.

The cruckie cookie

Zero tolerance.

Don't do Hibs.net but you obviously do

Zero tolerance.

jamboinglasgow

We need a Manager

There is a sports scientist working for hearts already. I dont think Rima existed nor do I think the pyjama man is here anymore. Though there is a (lithuanian/ Bulgarian, unsure which) doctor who is not really up to scratch that means injuries take longer and dont heal properly.

I do agree that to use the best of facilities you need the best people. But I think there needs to be huge changes with a new manager able to bring them in.

The cruckie cookie
There is a sports scientist working for hearts already. I dont think Rima existed nor do I think the pyjama man is here anymore. Though there is a (lithuanian/ Bulgarian, unsure which) doctor who is not really up to scratch that means injuries take longer and dont heal properly.

I do agree that to use the best of facilities you need the best people. But I think there needs to be huge changes with a new manager able to bring them in.

I know they are not their anymore but it was all the stuff around the media about Rima/Pyjama man and the Black Box that I was getting at.

Why don't we have a Doctor who is up to scratch and Yes I agree with you that a new Manager will have to have a good brush with him to sweep ALL the dross out the door.

If any of my comments have been duplicated on .net then sorry about that.

jamboinglasgow
I know they are not their anymore but it was all the stuff around the media about Rima/Pyjama man and the Black Box that I was getting at.

Why don't we have a Doctor who is up to scratch and Yes I agree with you that a new Manager will have to have a good brush with him to sweep ALL the dross out the door.

If any of my comments have been duplicated on .net then sorry about that.

I felt there has been some things in the media that have been said and taken for granted as being true even though they are not. THough the club should of rubbished these stories or at least communicated with the fans more.

jamboinglasgow
Think I read that the Hibs training ground is working closely with Queen Margaret University.

well fair play to hibs then, however I still maintain the fact that the Hearts training center being on the campus and being in Edinburgh (even the outskirts) where alot of buses run means that Hearts are in a better situation.

Buffalo Bill

If i was a Hibs fan, my life would be complete, knowing that Hearts only have a long term lease their training ground.

In fact, I'd probably have that written on my grave stone

Buffalo Bill

You obviously haven't been down then. Theres 5 pitches and a Fifa two-star synthetic pitch. Also 2 indoor pitches.

And as you have already told us Rocky , you aint been to Heriot Watt.

Denny Crane

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

10-2, a bigger trophy count, 22-in-a-row and 107-in-a-row! Now run along for beddy-byes or you'll be all cross in the morning!

jamboinglasgow

just found this on the Heriot-watt website, it was the press release when the academy was opened in 2004. It makes interesting reading about how the Uni works with the club (though that may of changed since but I doubt it) and a comprehensive list of all that is in the academy, never realised there were so many rooms in the academy.

Official Opening of Heriot-Watt University Sports Academy with Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Monday 31 May

Heriot-Watt University and Heart of Midlothian FC today announced the formal opening of their unique joint venture partnership on the University's Edinburgh Campus. The Academy was developed as a joint venture between the University and Hearts and was announced some three years ago following the funding investment in Hearts by SMG. An award of ?1m was also made available from the sportscotland Lottery Fund.

The Academy follows the template set for football academies for major football clubs throughout Europe. Comprising a 60m x 40m indoor astrodome, a sports science centre, first team changing facilities, a physiotherapy and rehabilitation suite, cafeteria and all associated offices and multiple changing rooms with six full-sized UEFA standard football pitches, two of which are floodlit and one with a modern Fieldturf synthetic surface. There is an additional outdoor goalkeeper's training area and jogging track.

Heart of Midlothian FC in searching for a location for an Academy facility were very fortunate to establish a location so close to the City and one which creates a sporting partnership. Heriot-Watt University is uniquely able to provide the full range of sports science professionals and facilities including those involved in the University's Sports Science and Medicine Centre. This combined learning and training facility offers both partners considerably added value. Additionally, students at Heriot-Watt University, including those on the well-established sports scholarship programme, will be able to fully utilise the Academy as will the local community.

The Academy will become the location for all of Hearts youth development. At a senior level Hearts Reserve and U19 sides will play their home competitive matches on the two floodlit competitive pitches. Hearts Youth Initiative squads will also be based at the Academy.

The joint venture is the first of its kind in the UK and maximises the facilities and strengths of both partners. Additionally Hearts in recruiting and developing young footballers will be able to encourage young players of tomorrow to attain University degrees on a flexible learning basis within the campus.

In the months ahead all of the Hearts family and importantly supporters and season ticket holders of the Club will be invited to tour the facility.

Professor John Archer today welcomed the inauguration of the Academy where over 200 invited guests saw at first hand facilities including indoor and outdoor synthetic pitches and the Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine Centre, fitted out with top of the range equipment including an isokinetic dynamometer. The Academy provides baseline measurements for athletes undergoing training rehabilitation.

Professor John Archer, Principal of Heriot-Watt University, said "It's wonderful to see the completion of this ground-breaking facility, the first in the UK to link the needs of top level athletes with the expertise and research facilities of a university sports and exercise facility.

"Today's opening is the culmination of many years planning and development by all the partners concerned, and I'm sure that Hearts and sportscotland would like to join me in congratulating all concerned in the project."

Hearts Chairman, George Foulkes, praised all those involved in the development and completion of the facilities which undoubtedly will herald a new era for the football club and may become a model for other professional football clubs and sports organisations to follow in conjunction with Universities and other learning establishments.

"This facility is the final piece in the jigsaw of Hearts youth development system. For some years now we have had the coaches, the people, the desire and importantly the great quality of talented and skilled youngsters. We are now looking forward to reaping the rewards of this commitment to the future in the seasons ahead."

David Archer, SMG's representative on the Hearts board of directors, said:

"Hearts' youth policy, manifesting itself today in the launch of the Youth Academy, was always high on our list of priorities at the time of our original investment. To have carried this off in the current economic climate is a significant achievement for Hearts. This will be a strong foundation for Hearts' development and a lasting legacy for the Club."

Alastair Dempster, Chairman of sportscotland, said: "These marvelous new facilities supported by an award of ?1m from the Lottery Fund's Sports Facilities Programme will contribute significantly to the development of youth football in Scotland. The academy will focus on identifying, coaching and developing young players, particularly those who have the potential to progress into the first teams of Scotland's top professional football clubs, thereby increasing the talent pool from which our national side can draw.

"An improved standing in world terms for Scottish football is obviously something that we all want to see happen. Our investment in football academies and the future development of a network of quality training facilities across Scotland, demonstrates our commitment to deliver the right infrastructure to help Scottish football achieve this aim. This is further strengthened through our investment in the recently launched Action Plan 'Many Players One Goal' for Scottish Youth Football, representing our willingness to work with key partners to achieve meaningful results for the game in Scotland."

Notes:

The HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY SPORTS ACADEMY incorporating the HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL ACADEMY:

Concept

Hearts: provision of state-of-the-art training facilities in an educational environment that also includes high quality sports science and sports medicine services.

University: provision of high quality playing and training facilities for students, staff and the community as well as a base for our sport and exercise science degree that allows both students and staff to combine academic teaching and research with applied sport and exercise science and medicine.

Facilities

Indoor

o Astrodome: 60m x 40m indoor pitch comprising a Fieldturf surface, which is considered to be the best artificial playing surface currently available:

o Hearts Dedicated Suite:

 First Team Changing: dedicated changing room with direct access to:

 Treatment Suite: including a fully equipped physiotherapy and doctor's room.

 Laundry and Boot Room: providing modern equipment to meet the laundry requirements from first team to academy.

 Staff Offices: dedicated office facilities for the Hearts coaching staff.

o Conditioning and Rehabilitation Suite: an air-conditioned facility with a sprung wooden floor fully equipped to accommodate the supervision of players and athletes whilst training and/or recovering from injury. Includes an Isokinetic Dynamometer, designed to measure muscle function and provide a safe and controlled method for the recovery and development of muscle function.

o Wet Room: allows players and athletes to receive immediate ice treatment for injuries.

o Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine Centre: provides customised facilities including four treatment rooms, a Health Related Fitness Assessment Room and Sports Performance Laboratory. Serviced by a team of specialists including a sports medic, four physiotherapists, a podiatrist (biomechanics measured through the feet), massage therapist, two sports psychologists, a sports nutritionist and three sports physiologists, who provide a high quality service for the Hearts academy players and the increasing number of high level student and non-student athletes visiting the Centre.

o Sport and Exercise Science Teaching Laboratory: a dedicated teaching and research laboratory for the sport and exercise science degree students and staff.

o Seminar Room: for use by Hearts players and coaches for the weekly video analysis session and media briefing as well as teaching for undergraduate sports science students.

o Changing Rooms: ten en-suite team changing rooms and two disabled changing rooms.

Outdoor

o John Brydson Arena (named after a generous alumni) and including:

 Synthetic Pitch: floodlit Fieldturf pitch with spectator fence.

 Competition pitch: floodlit grass pitch (105m x 68m) with automatic irrigation system.

o Grass training pitch: 105m x 68m with automatic irrigation system.

o Goalkeepers practice area: fenced area incorporating a section of artificial surface (Fieldturf) for dedicated use by goalkeepers.

o Grass pitches: an additional three grass pitches.

maroonedinoz

forget the training complex debate..let's get really pedantic....I have it on good authority that our team bus is better than their team bus....:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
just found this on the Heriot-watt website, it was the press release when the academy was opened in 2004. It makes interesting reading about how the Uni works with the club (though that may of changed since but I doubt it) and a comprehensive list of all that is in the academy, never realised there were so many rooms in the academy.

Official Opening of Heriot-Watt University Sports Academy with Heart of Midlothian Football Club

Monday 31 May

Heriot-Watt University and Heart of Midlothian FC today announced the formal opening of their unique joint venture partnership on the University's Edinburgh Campus. The Academy was developed as a joint venture between the University and Hearts and was announced some three years ago following the funding investment in Hearts by SMG. An award of ?1m was also made available from the sportscotland Lottery Fund.

The Academy follows the template set for football academies for major football clubs throughout Europe. Comprising a 60m x 40m indoor astrodome, a sports science centre, first team changing facilities, a physiotherapy and rehabilitation suite, cafeteria and all associated offices and multiple changing rooms with six full-sized UEFA standard football pitches, two of which are floodlit and one with a modern Fieldturf synthetic surface. There is an additional outdoor goalkeeper's training area and jogging track.

Heart of Midlothian FC in searching for a location for an Academy facility were very fortunate to establish a location so close to the City and one which creates a sporting partnership. Heriot-Watt University is uniquely able to provide the full range of sports science professionals and facilities including those involved in the University's Sports Science and Medicine Centre. This combined learning and training facility offers both partners considerably added value. Additionally, students at Heriot-Watt University, including those on the well-established sports scholarship programme, will be able to fully utilise the Academy as will the local community.

The Academy will become the location for all of Hearts youth development. At a senior level Hearts Reserve and U19 sides will play their home competitive matches on the two floodlit competitive pitches. Hearts Youth Initiative squads will also be based at the Academy.

The joint venture is the first of its kind in the UK and maximises the facilities and strengths of both partners. Additionally Hearts in recruiting and developing young footballers will be able to encourage young players of tomorrow to attain University degrees on a flexible learning basis within the campus.

In the months ahead all of the Hearts family and importantly supporters and season ticket holders of the Club will be invited to tour the facility.

Professor John Archer today welcomed the inauguration of the Academy where over 200 invited guests saw at first hand facilities including indoor and outdoor synthetic pitches and the Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine Centre, fitted out with top of the range equipment including an isokinetic dynamometer. The Academy provides baseline measurements for athletes undergoing training rehabilitation.

Professor John Archer, Principal of Heriot-Watt University, said "It's wonderful to see the completion of this ground-breaking facility, the first in the UK to link the needs of top level athletes with the expertise and research facilities of a university sports and exercise facility.

"Today's opening is the culmination of many years planning and development by all the partners concerned, and I'm sure that Hearts and sportscotland would like to join me in congratulating all concerned in the project."

Hearts Chairman, George Foulkes, praised all those involved in the development and completion of the facilities which undoubtedly will herald a new era for the football club and may become a model for other professional football clubs and sports organisations to follow in conjunction with Universities and other learning establishments.

"This facility is the final piece in the jigsaw of Hearts youth development system. For some years now we have had the coaches, the people, the desire and importantly the great quality of talented and skilled youngsters. We are now looking forward to reaping the rewards of this commitment to the future in the seasons ahead."

David Archer, SMG's representative on the Hearts board of directors, said:

"Hearts' youth policy, manifesting itself today in the launch of the Youth Academy, was always high on our list of priorities at the time of our original investment. To have carried this off in the current economic climate is a significant achievement for Hearts. This will be a strong foundation for Hearts' development and a lasting legacy for the Club."

Alastair Dempster, Chairman of sportscotland, said: "These marvelous new facilities supported by an award of ?1m from the Lottery Fund's Sports Facilities Programme will contribute significantly to the development of youth football in Scotland. The academy will focus on identifying, coaching and developing young players, particularly those who have the potential to progress into the first teams of Scotland's top professional football clubs, thereby increasing the talent pool from which our national side can draw.

"An improved standing in world terms for Scottish football is obviously something that we all want to see happen. Our investment in football academies and the future development of a network of quality training facilities across Scotland, demonstrates our commitment to deliver the right infrastructure to help Scottish football achieve this aim. This is further strengthened through our investment in the recently launched Action Plan 'Many Players One Goal' for Scottish Youth Football, representing our willingness to work with key partners to achieve meaningful results for the game in Scotland."

Notes:

The HERIOT-WATT UNIVERSITY SPORTS ACADEMY incorporating the HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN FOOTBALL ACADEMY:

Concept

Hearts: provision of state-of-the-art training facilities in an educational environment that also includes high quality sports science and sports medicine services.

University: provision of high quality playing and training facilities for students, staff and the community as well as a base for our sport and exercise science degree that allows both students and staff to combine academic teaching and research with applied sport and exercise science and medicine.

Facilities

Indoor

o Astrodome: 60m x 40m indoor pitch comprising a Fieldturf surface, which is considered to be the best artificial playing surface currently available:

o Hearts Dedicated Suite:

 First Team Changing: dedicated changing room with direct access to:

 Treatment Suite: including a fully equipped physiotherapy and doctor's room.

 Laundry and Boot Room: providing modern equipment to meet the laundry requirements from first team to academy.

 Staff Offices: dedicated office facilities for the Hearts coaching staff.

o Conditioning and Rehabilitation Suite: an air-conditioned facility with a sprung wooden floor fully equipped to accommodate the supervision of players and athletes whilst training and/or recovering from injury. Includes an Isokinetic Dynamometer, designed to measure muscle function and provide a safe and controlled method for the recovery and development of muscle function.

o Wet Room: allows players and athletes to receive immediate ice treatment for injuries.

o Sport and Exercise Science and Medicine Centre: provides customised facilities including four treatment rooms, a Health Related Fitness Assessment Room and Sports Performance Laboratory. Serviced by a team of specialists including a sports medic, four physiotherapists, a podiatrist (biomechanics measured through the feet), massage therapist, two sports psychologists, a sports nutritionist and three sports physiologists, who provide a high quality service for the Hearts academy players and the increasing number of high level student and non-student athletes visiting the Centre.

o Sport and Exercise Science Teaching Laboratory: a dedicated teaching and research laboratory for the sport and exercise science degree students and staff.

o Seminar Room: for use by Hearts players and coaches for the weekly video analysis session and media briefing as well as teaching for undergraduate sports science students.

o Changing Rooms: ten en-suite team changing rooms and two disabled changing rooms.

Outdoor

o John Brydson Arena (named after a generous alumni) and including:

 Synthetic Pitch: floodlit Fieldturf pitch with spectator fence.

 Competition pitch: floodlit grass pitch (105m x 68m) with automatic irrigation system.

o Grass training pitch: 105m x 68m with automatic irrigation system.

o Goalkeepers practice area: fenced area incorporating a section of artificial surface (Fieldturf) for dedicated use by goalkeepers.

o Grass pitches: an additional three grass pitches.

well there we have it in black and white , for any hobo to say that they have the better complex is beyond belief and once again their delusion shines through.;):107years:

winston churchill

Zero tolerance.

good spot;)

The cruckie cookie
good spot;)

I have already told Mr Leg end that I don't partake in Hibs.net.

Christ a Hearts supporter can't come onto a Hearts website without some morons trying to make out they're a Hobo/Vermin.

Give it a rest will ye.:evilno:

Nucky Thompson
I have already told Mr Leg end that I don't partake in Hibs.net.

Christ a Hearts supporter can't come onto a Hearts website without some morons trying to make out they're a Hobo/Vermin.

Give it a rest will ye.:evilno:

And on the next again post you referred it as .net, something all the hobos refer it as:rolleyes:

Archived