Hearts v Hibs - Training facilities

ZacBaker

Just had an argument with a biased goon claiming that hibs new training facilities are better than ours.

Is this person talking guff or are the hibs training facilities better than ours?

;)

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nucky Thompson
Just had an argument with a biased goon claiming that hibs new training facilities are better than ours.

Is this person talking guff or are the hibs training facilities better than ours?

;)

Hearts are in a state of the art facility and Hibs have a couple of pitches in a farmers field and a renovated barn for changing in:)

****ing hell, hibs is well better

not seen it?

your hearts one is bloomin murder compared to ours

one of the best in europe :)

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

peace out :P

marshallschunkychicken

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Sweet Jesus...... :o

blondejamtart

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Never mind the training academy, love - I think basic spelling and grammar is what you're most in need of! :cool:

ToadKiller Dog

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Well there no debating with such a master of logic as this guy/girl!

The BIG difference is that we share our facilities with leading sports scientists and university sports teams ,they share there place with neds who need somewhere quiet to drink there Buckie and dump there used needles.

The Old Tolbooth

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Oh dear, schools out!

Can we keep this one mods, we aint had a wee pet plaything to toy with for ages? ;)

Guys maroon tinted glasses on again!....

Hibs training centre is equal if not better than ours....They also own it outright. We do not own ours!

Something I have been banging on about for ages...we should have splashed the cash years ago and we wouldn't be in this position!:mad:

Ryan Gosling

Hibs training centre is equal if not better than ours....They also own it outright. We do not own ours!

Something I have been banging on about for ages...we should have splashed the cash years ago and we wouldn't be in this position!:mad:

Utter pish.

Ray Winstone

The money was "ringfenced" but the Pieman squandered some and lost the rest due to the SMG deal.

We have a training complex and youth academy, Hibs have a training centre.

The facilities at both are top notch but I think Hearts have the better of the two.

you will find out its owned by morsten securities,not hibernian fc,sir tam is no daftie.he has and will continue to rake in a right few quid from the club.

RockyBalboa

Haven't been to Hearts's rented place so cant compare.

I would imagine with Herriot Watt costing about ?20million and our place costing about ?8million that HW would be better though. :)

RockyBalboa
you will find out its owned by morsten securities,not hibernian fc,sir tam is no daftie.he has and will continue to rake in a right few quid from the club.

Here we go again.....:evilno:

Ray Winstone

3 out of the 4 stands at Easter Road are still owned by Sir Tom!

If he was to decide he wanted his money back (I dont think he would) Hibs would be rubber ducked!

Hibs' training facility is a big grassy field. The shack that is there is less than half of the size of a football pitch.

The plans were in the EEN when it was being built, erm sorry, turfed. They have the facility for "up to" nine pitches.

Our facility has outdoor facility and the indoor facility, as per Johnson (a former Arsenal trainee) is as good if not better than Arsenals.

Haven't been to Hearts's rented place so cant compare.

I would imagine with Herriot Watt costing about ?20million and our place costing about ?8million that HW would be better though. :)

As a little aside, AC Milan have a leased training facility. They do not own their training ground OR their ground.

We have a lease for 25 years with a further 25 year option.

You have a mortgaged to the hilt field.

Ray Winstone
As a little aside, AC Milan have a leased training facility. They do not own their training ground OR their ground.

I think all the big stadiums in Italy (or at least most) are government funded and owned.

I think the real test will be in who gets the most out of it.

ie develops the best kids and so on.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Sensational post. :)

RockyBalboa
Hibs' training facility is a big grassy field. The shack that is there is less than half of the size of a football pitch.

The plans were in the EEN when it was being built, erm sorry, turfed. They have the facility for "up to" nine pitches.

Our facility has outdoor facility and the indoor facility, as per Johnson (a former Arsenal trainee) is as good if not better than Arsenals.

You obviously haven't been down then. Theres 5 pitches and a Fifa two-star synthetic pitch. Also 2 indoor pitches.

not seen it?

remember 7-0 anyone ;)

Pigbeast.

RockyBalboa

It's a good job Milan have 80,000 supporters to cover the cost and don't have to look at income from the likes of opening the facilities to the public.

Drylaw Hearts

Spot on.

It's a good job Milan have 80,000 supporters to cover the cost and don't have to look at income from the likes of opening the facilities to the public.

Sorry, you may have missed Tucks post, the government fund their training ground. When they got into soapy bubble a few years back, they sold their training ground to the government back, who IIRC guaranteed them use of it for a minimum of 100 years.

Hearts on the other hand, we went into partnership with a University to gain a top class facility that we are able to use whenever it suits us.

Just out of interest, how big are the indoor pitches?

RockyBalboa

True.

When do we start counting the best youngsters? Hearts have had there training place up and running for a good few years now and hardly produced any. Obviously the 7 that have moved on never really got the benefits of the new Hibs place, but when can Hibs start counting the players getting the benefits?

RockyBalboa
Sorry, you may have missed Tucks post, the government fund their training ground. When they got into soapy bubble a few years back, they sold their training ground to the government back, who IIRC guaranteed them use of it for a minimum of 100 years.

Hearts on the other hand, we went into partnership with a University to gain a top class facility that we are able to use whenever it suits us.

If Hearts went into partnership, they would get income from people outside the uni using the facilities no? You mean they agreed a tenancy?

Whats the government funding Milans training place got to do with anything?

So do you mean that we also get access to the latest research and developments in sports science because we are in partnership with a leading university?

I'm not sure i like the sound of this. Would it not be more fiscally prudent, not forgetting beneficial to our shareholders, if we stuck to getting Farmer Giles and a magic sponge to help injury recovery?

RockyBalboa

Im not sure. I know they are not International size pitches. The same as the one outdoors.

I'm not arguing the one Hearts borrow are better than Hibs' anyway. For the money the Uni spent on the place they should be. :cool:

winston churchill

correct,the tyre boy owns the barn outside newcastle.

just like the flair myth,the hobos are trying to claim it's theirs.

RockyBalboa
correct,the tyre boy owns the barn outside newcastle.

just like the flair myth,the hobos are trying to claim it's theirs.

:4_1_72:

sir tam has scored a fortune out the cabbage rocky,not getting a dig son,

i am just stateing a fact,he sold the land behind east enclosure for a fortune

and has sold every decent player youve had,only one diamond left.i actually think him and petrie have done a great job in turning the club around,but you will admit he has not done if for nothing,these guys never do.

my mates a linesman and a hun, and has been at both academys and told me that ours is pretty poor compared to hibs'. the fact he said the pitches at herriot watt were a disgrace worries me alot since this, IMO, should be the most important part of any training facility! i know that kickbackers go to watch training so could some confirm or deny this please?

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
True.

When do we start counting the best youngsters? Hearts have had there training place up and running for a good few years now and hardly produced any. Obviously the 7 that have moved on never really got the benefits of the new Hibs place, but when can Hibs start counting the players getting the benefits?

If you are talking about recent youngsters then Hearts have produced:

Mole

Elliott

Jonsson

Driver

Wallace

Berra

Players who will make the break through next season (hopefully) :

McDonald

McGowan

Glen (already made first team debut)

Thomson (already made first team debut)

Don't think that is hardly any, do you?

If Hearts went into partnership, they would get income from people outside the uni using the facilities no? You mean they agreed a tenancy?

Whats the government funding Milans training place got to do with anything?

No, we did not agree a tenancy, we part invested in a facility, ensuring we could use a top class facility as we please without the need to shoulder the total cost ourselves.

As for Milan, I was responding to your post re 80,000 supporters yadda yadda yadda.

So do you mean that we also get access to the latest research and developments in sports science because we are in partnership with a leading university?

I'm not sure i like the sound of this. Would it not be more fiscally prudent, not forgetting beneficial to our shareholders, if we stuck to getting Farmer Giles and a magic sponge to help injury recovery?

Don't be silly Legend, it's better to own something teeny and tiny than have a share in something that is far superior.

Im not sure. I know they are not International size pitches. The same as the one outdoors.

I'm not arguing the one Hearts borrow are better than Hibs' anyway. For the money the Uni spent on the place they should be. :cool:

So, they are small pitches then. Again, Hearts do not borrow the facility, we are investors in the facility.

Both have fairly similar outdoor facilities. Contrary to popular opinion (well certainly here) Hibs training centre a wee bit more than a barn with some grassland.

Hearts

Plus they will have access to the HW medical staff and their facilities I would imagine.

Hibs and here.

Hopefully we will see how good these facilities are in years to come.

Colonel Kurtz
sir tam has scored a fortune out the cabbage rocky,not getting a dig son,

i am just stateing a fact,he sold the land behind east enclosure for a fortune

and has sold every decent player youve had,only one diamond left.i actually think him and petrie have done a great job in turning the club around,but you will admit he has not done if for nothing,these guys never do.

Some of Hibs debt was "hawked"to marston securities for a share of future transfer profits.

The ground was sold for circa ?13 million and only around ?6 million was used to payof debt,the balance went to a holding company owned by Saint Tom and Petrie.

The same company own the Barn at Newcastle and the foorball club pay a mortgage .

Another intersting fact is that at the same time as refusing to break strict wage control at the football club,the highest paid employee on circa?160k pa is Rod Petrie.

There are only 2 people making money Saint Tom and The tache

Both have fairly similar outdoor facilities. Contrary to popular opinion (well certainly here) Hibs training centre a wee bit more than a barn with some grassland.

Hearts

Plus they will have access to the HW medical staff and their facilities I would imagine.

Hibs and here.

Hopefully we will see how good these facilities are in years to come.

How much would you like to be the chef in one of those hibs picks?

I would collect in all the families bogeys before leaving for work and insert them into their peices.

Yum. Added salt!

portobellojambo1

Agree totally.

It doesn't matter how much you put into a facility money wise, it is how you use it that is the best judge of success, and which is better.

I have neither been to Riccarton or the Hibs training camp so do not know what facilities either have, or how much was spent on either.

How the clubs use the facilities that they do have available to them, to develop their own talent, will determine which of them is the best long term.

Morsten Securities have nothing to do with the training ground.

Originally, Hibs had agreed to borrow money from Morsten, with an agreement that Morsten would get a cut of profits over an agreed amount which was relative to their investment.

However, due to money taken in from Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown and laterly Steven Whittaker, the loan was handed back unused.

You can read about it all on the official Hibs site.

Also, the mortgages on the stands are not paid to STF, but to the bank. STF acted as guarantor in securing the funding for the West stand.

IF STF walked away, Hibs would operate exactly as they do now, as they are run as an entirely self-sufficient business.

STF has not made money specifically from the transfer income of the aforementioned players. as that money was used to a)reduce debt - which means (for the hard of thinking) paying back money already spent, and B) to invest in the training centre.

Hibs training facility has been acknowledged as one of the best in the country from a variety of reputable sources.

A summary of the facilities at "the barn:cool:" are available here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7151795.stm

Colonel Kurtz
Morsten Securities have nothing to do with the training ground.

Originally, Hibs had agreed to borrow money from Morsten, with an agreement that Morsten would get a cut of profits over an agreed amount which was relative to their investment.

However, due to money taken in from Kevin Thomson, Scott Brown and laterly Steven Whittaker, the loan was handed back unused.

You can read about it all on the official Hibs site.

Also, the mortgages on the stands are not paid to STF, but to the bank. STF acted as guarantor in securing the funding for the West stand.

IF STF walked away, Hibs would operate exactly as they do now, as they are run as an entirely self-sufficient business.

STF has not made money specifically from the transfer income of the aforementioned players. as that money was used to a)reduce debt - which means (for the hard of thinking) paying back money already spent, and B) to invest in the training centre.

Hibs training facility has been acknowledged as one of the best in the country from a variety of reputable sources.

A summary of the facilities at "the barn:cool:" are available here :

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7151795.stm

simple for the hard of thinking

How much was the car park sold for?

How much was used to pay back debt?

What happened to the balance?

Is Petrie the highest paid employee?

Archived