'You know nothing about football'

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

As a Scottish League winner, and British league runner up as player and manager - with the medals to prove it - I'll take my chances on this one.

smugqq.png

What the mollycoddled players of today need is a series of rape threats at half time.

That's what you get for only being 5 nil up.

As Arrigo Sacchi famously put it when questioned about his minimal playing experience: "I never realised that to become a jockey you needed to be a horse first."

This wee saying is becoming more and more common on here I've noticed recently. Usually used by folk who you just know have barely kicked a baw and couldn't run the length of themselves.

I find it quite an odd thing to say to someone unless you've played the game at professional level.

What qualifies someone to say this do you think? Sounds a bit of a daft thing for an office monkey to say to another office monkey.

Where do you draw the lines here. Just about everybody has played football at some level. Then even at professional level. Many top managers never played at the top level. Fergie never played in England, was less than average Rangers player.

There is an awful lot more to football management than you can ever learn playing the game. I think someone could be a top manager without ever having played. Many top architects have never laid a brick.

It's the same as someone saying you know nothing about me , its just a commonly used phrase to make the other person feel worse

Archived