Wallace on Saturday

ArmiyaRomanova

ArmiyaRomanova

Given that the club are still owed money by Rangers for Wallace and the odds of us receiving anything further are long, could we theoretically prevent them from fielding him against us on Saturday?

I can't see how we could. He's a registered player with Rangers, so we have no control over him.

However, if he gets made redundant during the week, maybe we could sign him and play him against them...:)

Given that the club are still owed money by Rangers for Wallace and the odds of us receiving anything further are long, could we theoretically prevent them from fielding him against us on Saturday?

Not due any money until the summer mate. So we can't really complain I'm afraid.

Fozzyonthefence

Not due any money until the summer mate. So we can't really complain I'm afraid.

We can but against our owners for making such a stupid payment arrangement.

No , can't see how we could do that.Could be they lose some players prior to this due to the redundancy threat but I'm sure Wallace won't be one of them.

oh ah grantona

All these Lee Wallace threads are stupid, HE IS A RANGERS PLAYER, WE HEARTS SOLD HIM AND THEREFORE SEALED OUR OWN FATE. WE AS A CLUB CAN ONLY COMPLAIN WHEN DEADLINES ARE MISSED BY RANGERS. Then its up to sfa maybe uefa and fifa to determine breach given they have no money we will likely see very little, WE WILL NOT GET HIM BACK (UNLESS RANGERS GIVE HIM BACK AS PAYMENT TO US NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN WHEN THEY CAN SELL FOR 2-3M PAY US AND PROFIT) AND WE CANT STOP HIM PLAYING.

The most annoying thing was this morning when I read on the "HeatrsNews summary "Lee set for Jambos". I was just reaching for the tissues when the article turned out to be about his fitness. I hoped a deal had been done to take him back and forget about the rest of the dosh.

John Gentleman

Haud oan a meenit!! Haven't I read a multiplicity of times in umpteen threads that the Wallace debt is a 'footballing debt' and the governing bodies would ensure (from TV revenues) that 'footballing debts' would be be settled FIRST to clubs that are owed monies before Rangers' administrators even get a sniff of the coinage?

Or have I missed something?

If Rangers reform as a new company, I'm correct in saying they won't be due us anything for him?

kingantti1874

Technically if they Liquidate but I believe the spl have to divert rangers tv money to hearts... The biggest crime here is they had no intention at all to pay for lee... None - never did .. Robbing barstewards

If Rangers reform as a new company, I'm correct in saying they won't be due us anything for him?

If they reform after liquidation they own none of their players. On liquidation all player contracts revert to the SFA/SPL to do as they wish with them.

Technically if they Liquidate but I believe the spl have to divert rangers tv money to hearts... The biggest crime here is they had no intention at all to pay for lee... None - never did .. Robbing barstewards

How do you know that? Unless you can prove this you are talking absolute crap.

mahgrassyshoes

How do you know that? Unless you can prove this you are talking absolute crap.

:lol:

They've not paid their taxes since last April, but I'm sure they fully intended to follow through with a deal for a players transfer they made in July.

John Gentleman

The SPL/SFA will pay us any money owed in the summer (if Rangers can't).

So the SPL/SFA are sitting on, or have access to, a large amount of money to (at least) more than cover the so-called 'footballing debts'. So far, we know (I think) of at least three pre-administration exposures to this debt:

1) The Hearts debt relating to the transfer of Wallace.

2) A debt to Dundee United?

3) A debt to Dunfermline?

The big yin is, of course, the Wallace debt to us.

For some reason, I'm not at all confident they'll be able to satisfy these; just call it a hunch. There may be others (feel free to add), but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see these 'august' institutions dragged into this morass. Scottish football has now entered uncharted territory; anything is possible.

What's the going rate for pre-loved blazers? What's Hamdump worth?

John Gentleman

Rangers haven't missed a payment yet.

Few more months of Wallace chat to endure.

:sob:

1) "Rangers haven't missed a payment yet." That was the pre-administration Rangers. It's a different ball-game now.

2) "Few more months of Wallace chat to endure." Don't think it'll be that long. When do the administrators hack into the playing/non-playing staff? Tomorrow isn't it, or the day after?

So the SPL/SFA are sitting on, or have access to, a large amount of money to (at least) more than cover the so-called 'footballing debts'. So far, we know (I think) of at least three pre-administration exposures to this debt:

1) The Hearts debt relating to the transfer of Wallace.

2) A debt to Dundee United?

3) A debt to Dunfermline?

The big yin is, of course, the Wallace debt to us.

For some reason, I'm not at all confident they'll be able to satisfy these; just call it a hunch. There may be others (feel free to add), but I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised to see these 'august' institutions dragged into this morass. Scottish football has now entered uncharted territory; anything is possible.

What's the going rate for pre-loved blazers? What's Hamdump worth?

Don't think there will be a problem the SPL are sitting on all of that TV money at present and the clubs owed money will be paid out of what should have been going to Rangers.

The administrator could well be tempted to save the Huns ?800K and wages in one foul swoop my returning him to us :)

I've also heard a rumour (can't remember if it was on here) that their due Burnley ?900k if Lafferty plays a few more games.

Players with add ons and unpaid fees may be a biy vulnerable for the chop IMO.

The SPL/SFA will pay us any money owed in the summer (if Rangers can't).

And as has been said on another thread the SPL/SFA will therefore create some drummed up charge and fine Vlad the money that they give us. They will of course add a bit extra to the fine just to pay for another piss up to celebrate getting another one over on the Johnny foreigner who has been destroying Scottish Football since he arrived in 2005

Archived