Wallace money

darylhmfc1

Gregory House M.D.

I take it with Rangers going down the pan we've no chance of seeing the remainder of the Wallace transfer fee??

The SFA would have to pay it. Eithee that or Hearts should get his registration IMO.

Johanes de Silentio

I take it with Rangers going down the pan we've no chance of seeing the remainder of the Wallace transfer fee??

Surely if they don't pay an agreed transfer fee to another member club, that's BAD FAITH? :verymad:

Maybe someone with some legal standing can answer clearly but the way I look at it is if you pay a car up in installments and you stop paying then it gets repossessed. I can't see the Wallace deal being any different.

Maybe someone with some legal standing can answer clearly but the way I look at it is if you pay a car up in installments and you stop paying then it gets repossessed. I can't see the Wallace deal being any different.

Do we just become a creditor same as anyone else, left to negotiate a pence in pound settlement? I think player contracts and transfers are different but don't know for sure

Lets send the bailiffs round to Wallaces hoose. Punt his door doon and get him back!!

Don't get your hopes up, there's no chance of his registration being returned to Hearts

Hearts will become a creditor, significant one, but no different to HMRC or even the local bakers (imagine they are due money). They will be offered a deal, say so many pennies for every pound they are due, as with every other creditor

the SPL should just keep the money and call it credit for the next few years worth of fines that they will give us! haha!

SPL rules state that Hearts will get the money from TV money due to Rangers

What TV money?

Thought it was all dried up?!

Almost certain that I read a while back that footballing debts are not treated like all other debts. They get priority and must be paid first. That includes being paid before HMRC, so we will get paid at some point and in full.

Dean Winchester

Almost certain that I read a while back that footballing debts are not treated like all other debts. They get priority and must be paid first. That includes being paid before HMRC, so we will get paid at some point and in full.

Not in Scotland. But the SPL will give us money due to Rangers for any outstanding debts.

When Dundee went into Admin recently, I know for a fact that all the debts were treated the same & that every 'creditor' was treate the same

Francis Albert

This focus on the Wallace money puzzles me. The SPL rule that requires the SPL to withold money (TV and sponsorship money) from a club which defaults on a debt in order to pay the creditor club has been posted on numerous occasions today. If Rangers survive we will be paid under this rule. Even if Rangers don't survive (oh happy day!) I have no doubt it will be a condition of the entry of Newco that this rule applues to the Newco - clubs may be supine as far as the OF are concerned but not that supine. The Wallace money (hardly enough in any event to be likely to be make or break for Hearts) is safe.

I have the impression some people want to find reasons for us not rejoicing in Rangers problems.

If they appoint an administrator, then that's a good start.

This focus on the Wallace money puzzles me. The SPL rule that requires the SPL to withold money (TV and sponsorship money) from a club which defaults on a debt in order to pay the creditor club has been posted on numerous occasions today. If Rangers survive we will be paid under this rule. Even if Rangers don't survive (oh happy day!) I have no doubt it will be a condition of the entry of Newco that this rule applues to the Newco - clubs may be supine as far as the OF are concerned but not that supine. The Wallace money (hardly enough in any event to be likely to be make or break for Hearts) is safe.

I have the impression some people want to find reasons for us not rejoicing in Rangers problems.

This has been answered so many times, on so many threads, over so many months, that I'm starting to think those still asking are either Hobos, Thick, or WUM's, - possibly even all three.

I think its crazy that a club can come in and buy a player but not pay anything for a year or 2.

I know this happens all through life but football is different.

Why should a club be allowed to weaken a rival but not have to pay for a few years? If a club bids for a player they should have the money available there and then.

Its a nonsense.

I think its crazy that a club can come in and buy a player but not pay anything for a year or 2.

Why should a club be allowed to weaken a rival but not have to pay for a few years? If a club bids for a player they should have the money available there and then.

Its a nonsense.

Which club(s) have done that, and with which player(s)...? :unsure:

Its a nonsense.

We could have said no.

Regardless this is how a lot if not most big deals are concluded. I know it isn't a big deal on a world scale but for a transfer between 2 SPL clubs then ?1.5m is a pretty big deal.

Which club(s) have done that, and with which player(s)...? :unsure:

Almost every club but you know what I'm talking about. ;)

We could have said no.

Regardless this is how a lot if not most big deals are concluded. I know it isn't a big deal on a world scale but for a transfer between 2 SPL clubs then ?1.5m is a pretty big deal.

We could have but its still not a good way to do business imo.

This has been answered so many times, on so many threads, over so many months, that I'm starting to think those still asking are either Hobos, Thick, or WUM's, - possibly even all three.

A little Harsh! No??

Archived