The Rangers soap opera goes on and on.

Sergio Garcia

Hagar the Horrible

So who is Blue Pitch Holdings which now claims to hold 23% in newco?

Commissar Regan of the SFA has decided to change it back to the old way with ex-Old Firm players sitting in a room at SFA headquarters.

The original panel have been shipped off to a Gulag.

After what's gone on over the past few weeks with all of this nothing, absolutely nothing, would surprise me.

John Montgomery

Is that not just the Sportfive deal? I get that Scottish football will be harder to sell in the short term to places like Norway and Poland, but thats only because the SPL itself has undersold the 'product' so badly. The idea that Sky and ESPN would give up showing Celtic games to bars in England, Dublin, New York, Melbourne and everywhere else is risible. There must be a reason for Celtic not challenging it. But then it's probably just that there's more money in OF games - the old million and one is better than a million.

Contrary to popular belief, and some pompous dicks in the English and Scottish media, Scottish football is not a laughing stock all over Europe. A competitive league filled with young Scots playing with the grit and endeavour we're thought to have is actually highly marketable.

Although it might hurt my argument, I would love to see viewing figures from our game against Rangers in Sep 2005 and the one against Celtic in 2006.

Sky have no plans to stop coveringing the SPL.

Sky have no plans to stop coveringing the SPL.

Certainly all the wittering about Sky have only come from Doncaster and the media tools such as Tryanor and Young. Sky have said nothing at all about the contract.

Enjoying my holiday with wife and kids down here in Hastings on our way to Newquay , it's not the weather or company that's enjoyable it's the books at the end of museum and attractions trips that ask for your comments and I just love leaving No To Newco on all of them. The arts and crafts places are even better, as the family are drawing their favourite character at the Roald Dahl museum I'm drawing Charles Green pretending it's the BFG with No To Newco at the bottom , then it gets put up on the wall for all to see. But the best is the disco at night at the place were staying, they have a mobile number to text any requests or messages and every night the DJ gives a big shout out for No to Newco , there is two Bears with deceased tops on standing up looking around for someone to hit, so I point at my tic wife, serves her right I wanted to go abroad on holiday, cow

Hagar the Horrible

Lennon budget unchanged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18741748

In other words, MELTDOWN BEGINS!!

Lemmon is right, we will all miss playing Rangers, "well before they started cheating" but they no longer exist and its time to move on, I miss not having Paul Hartley in the team, wee Robbo etc but times change, You cant keep looking back appart from the 19th May being the exeption.

The SPL, doncaster inluded, the media, clubs, fans, everybody: need now to start promoting life without Rangers and how good this season will be without them and encourage all fans of all clubs to push season ticket sales, The Game now needs a positive spin.

Can that happen when the heads of the SPL and SFA are still promoting meltdown? These guys need to change their tune and make it fast, or get out, right now leadership is needed, we need an Alsitair Campbell type spin doctor to push the league and make it a real selling point for sponsors.

Absolutely spot on but, again I say it, the whole process is about getting NewCo as far up the leagues as possible. FULL STOP!

And, going by Doncaster's disastrous performance, I would think that he will be able to renegotiate/fight the SPL's corner!

After all, despite all his lying and bullying, he has lost every round so far!

Its now in the hands of the Diddy teams the same diddy teams that got there presentation given to them stapled together whilst Celtic got theres in a shiney folder thats the respect that newco have for the diddy teams who will now hopefully do the right thing and send them to the 3rd division and not bow to the lies and propeganda being spun by Doncaster and Regan

Lemmon is right, we will all miss playing Rangers, "well before they started cheating" but they no longer exist and its time to move on, I miss not having Paul Hartley in the team, wee Robbo etc but times change, You cant keep looking back appart from the 19th May being the exeption.

The SPL, doncaster inluded, the media, clubs, fans, everybody: need now to start promoting life without Rangers and how good this season will be without them and encourage all fans of all clubs to push season ticket sales, The Game now needs a positive spin.

Can that happen when the heads of the SPL and SFA are still promoting meltdown? These guys need to change their tune and make it fast, or get out, right now leadership is needed, we need an Alsitair Campbell type spin doctor to push the league and make it a real selling point for sponsors.

Good point - the SPL really needs a Fireworks Phil type now. Needs rebranding and some life injected into it. Some clever marketing and just a bit less chuffin mopin

Imeantasong

Its now in the hands of the Diddy teams the same diddy teams that got there presentation given to them stapled together whilst Celtic got theres in a shiney folder thats the respect that newco have for the diddy teams who will now hopefully do the right thing and send them to the 3rd division and not bow to the lies and propeganda being spun by Doncaster and Regan

But just when we thought it was safe:

Hasn't Regan already ruled that out by saying he'd overrule it?

Talk is the set up of SPL2 if SFL clubs vote No?

Two votes out wouldn't be enough. Shocking, but not entirely unbelievable if it happened.

Roll on the Spartans of this world challenging it, but could they challenge SPL2 set up?

EDIT - Correct me if that's wrong and just media / SPL / SFA bull.

Edited by Imeantasong

The Comedian

Lennon budget unchanged.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18741748

In other words, MELTDOWN BEGINS!!

They'll be selling a few player's IMO. Maybe in Jan after they they're knocked out of the CL by Brondby or something.

Absolutely no point in them having a spending plan with Rangers in mind. They won't spend money they don't have to as they are tight.

Its a pity more of them did not walk away http://www.aljazeera.com/sport/football/2012/07/201276122525896782.html hopefully the transfer embargo will be put in place again.

I Have no pity for the cheats as they still have not paid for Lee Wallace who should be returned if they cant pay for him. :verymad: :verymad:

ffs, you can't make Lee Wallace come back if he doesn't want to. He isn't a slave, you know.

John Montgomery

Certainly all the wittering about Sky have only come from Doncaster and the media tools such as Tryanor and Young. Sky have said nothing at all about the contract.

Received at 12:24 today:

Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the SPL.

"We have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League.?

However, your comments have been noted and passed on to Sky Sports for their information.

Kind regards

Sandra

Customer Support

Absolutely spot on but, again I say it, the whole process is about getting NewCo as far up the leagues as possible. FULL STOP!

And, going by Doncaster's disastrous performance, I would think that he will be able to renegotiate/fight the SPL's corner!

After all, despite all his lying and bullying, he has lost every round so far!

Fair enough

But if the members body (SPL) has not properly protected the rights of the members (the teams) due to negligence or worse, then the members can sue the ass off the body for the loss suffered (I would imagine). If the CEO or chairman of the body whatever Donkeycaster is has wilfully disreguarded his responsibilities he might also be personally liable.

But just when we thought it was safe:

Hasn't Regan already ruled that out by saying he'd overrule it?

Talk is the set up of SPL2 if SFL clubs vote No?

Two votes out wouldn't be enough. Shocking, but not entirely unbelievable if it happened.

Roll on the Spartans of this world challenging it, but could they challenge SPL2 set up?

EDIT - Correct me if that's wrong and just media / SPL / SFA bull.

I really don't see how they could possibly push through an SPL 2 without the agreement of the current SPL and the SFL - there are only a few weeks to go before the new season starts. Sounds like complete bull to me. Regan is starting to act like some sort of Dictator - time he had his wings clipped.

The Gasman

Aye I know - but have they applied ?

There is currently no vacancy, and I've seen nothing to say that the SFL are currently accepting applications. :unsure:

It may, from a legal perspective, be in Spartans best interests to stay quiet until after next week's vote, then complain about not being given an opportunity for membership, than to apply, and be turned down for some completely spurious reason. :blink:

I really don't see how they could possibly push through an SPL 2 without the agreement of the current SPL and the SFL - there are only a few weeks to go before the new season starts. Sounds like complete bull to me. Regan is starting to act like some sort of Dictator - time he had his wings clipped.

They can only have an SPL2 if sufficient clubs are willing to join, is that likely? It wouldn't be Regan setting it up anyway, what he was driving at is that Doncaster would go down this route if Sevco weren't shoehorned into Division 1.

Can I just throw in a random Doncaster/Regan must go on to this post?

The Gasman

I Have no pity for the cheats as they still have not paid for Lee Wallace who should be returned if they cant pay for him.

Has this not been done to death already..? :down:

They can only have an SPL2 if sufficient clubs are willing to join, is that likely? It wouldn't be Regan setting it up anyway, what he was driving at is that Doncaster would go down this route if Sevco weren't shoehorned into Division 1.

Doncaster and Regan appear to have been working in tandem throughout all of this - and not in Scottish Footballs best interests.

I'm surpised that there has been no urgent moves to get rid of the pair of them - they are nothing short of cringeworthy.

Doncaster and Regan appear to have been working in tandem throughout all of this - and not in Scottish Footballs best interests.

I'm surpised that there has been no urgent moves to get rid of the pair of them - they are nothing short of cringeworthy.

I think they'll have to go if they lose the vote on Friday. They are already on shoogly pegs - Doncaster couldn't get the SPL vote postponed, which was obviously what he wanted to happen, and some of the statements from lower league clubs have been really excellent.

The Gasman

Enjoying my holiday with wife and kids down here in Hastings on our way to Newquay , it's not the weather or company that's enjoyable it's the books at the end of museum and attractions trips that ask for your comments and I just love leaving No To Newco on all of them. The arts and crafts places are even better, as the family are drawing their favourite character at the Roald Dahl museum I'm drawing Charles Green pretending it's the BFG with No To Newco at the bottom , then it gets put up on the wall for all to see. But the best is the disco at night at the place were staying, they have a mobile number to text any requests or messages and every night the DJ gives a big shout out for No to Newco , there is two Bears with deceased tops on standing up looking around for someone to hit, so I point at my tic wife, serves her right I wanted to go abroad on holiday, cow

Arf....! :D

Imeantasong

Yep.

With little or no time to go it's either no chance to set it up in in time, or we had to put them in SPL to get the season going.

This is really unbelievable with all the cheating, debts, no team set up, next to no players, ownership nobody trusts (including various Newco factions) and the application to the SFA not being commented upon.

What an absolute corrupt farce.

Just get on with it. Appoint somebody as Club 12 as let all us football supporters plan for a new season, corrupt barstewards. And that probably includes the devious ones at Parkheid too.

Edited by Imeantasong

ffs, you can't make Lee Wallace come back if he doesn't want to. He isn't a slave, you know.

Absolutely correct

However it appears that all of Scottish Football are slaves to the "Newco" as we will all die a slow lingering death if they are not there to feed us our starvation rations.

I don't believe these two are working in Newco's or Scottish football's behalf in any of this, I don't think they are Newco biased - I think there is something far more sinister in all of this that they are trying to hide, and the only way to do it is getting Newco back into the SPL quick smart. Obviously the SKY deal is part of it - but this pair have sold their souls to the devil somewhere down the line and are not about to reveal exactly the extent of what that is.

They must be removed at once, never have I actually heard any justification for the figures they are banding about and the social carnage comments sound like the final throw of the dice from two very desperate men.

I don't believe these two are working in Newco's or Scottish football's behalf in any of this, I don't think they are Newco biased - I think there is something far more sinister in all of this that they are trying to hide, and the only way to do it is getting Newco back into the SPL quick smart. Obviously the SKY deal is part of it - but this pair have sold their souls to the devil somewhere down the line and are not about to reveal exactly the extent of what that is.

They must be removed at once, never have I actually heard any justification for the figures they are banding about and the social carnage comments sound like the final throw of the dice from two very desperate men.

Put it this way, the most likely thing to cause 'social unrest' is Sevco being shoehorned back into the SPL as club 12.

The Gasman

:facepalm:

I guess you never understood that the "Diddy Teams" are the non Old Firm members of the SPL, at the SPL meeting where they voted 10-1 against Sevco5088....?

...and that you haven't understood that next week's meeting is not the SPL teams, but is the SFL and their Member Clubs....?

:blink:

FarmerTweedy

Anyone who is contracted, you can still cancel without penalty.

If Sky pull the plug on Scottish Football, then their contract with their customers/viewers who have taken on the Sports package has been broken.

In a court of law, under Scots Law, if a supplier has a contract with a customer and changes the "package", then the customer has the right to withdraw from the contract.

That's utter nonsense. Your contract with Sky is for a package of channels. If one of those channels happens not to show a specific event of programme, that's tough! You couldn't just cancel your sky subscription because there'll be no new episodes of House on Sky1, and you won't be able to just cancel it in the event that there's no SPL on the Sports channels. All, of course, assuming that you're tied into a contract for a set term!

:facepalm:

I guess you never understood that the "Diddy Teams" are the non Old Firm members of the SPL, at the SPL meeting where they voted 10-1 against Sevco5088....?

...and that you haven't understood that next week's meeting is not the SPL teams, but is the SFL and their Member Clubs....?

:blink:

You seem a little irritated, Mr. Gasperson.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agreed. Somebody has some juicy stuff on them - probably proof of ridiculous promises that fly in the face of all sporting integrity. Hope it's Charles Green and not Sky. He'll screw them right over.

The Gasman

You seem a little irritated, Mr. Gasperson.

Becoming suspicious of Wumery going on, as well as spam... :rolleyes:

The Gasman

This is certainly how it appears. :thumb:

....and that can't be good for Scottish football in general. :sad:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

They really hate Rangers. :lol:

They've also started a campaign to sell out their home game against Ross County in August, to make up for a Rangers game.

...a bit disco

From Rangers Media.

'From the Herald "Green added: "In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.""

I guess Blue Pitch Holdings is the Zeus Capital funding vehicle for Rangers.'

Clearer now Hagar?

;)

The sheer deperation that this pair are now displaying points to having promised something to someone. At what price I wonder. It's the only reason I can think of for some of the nonsense that has characterised all their actions throughout all of this. Their credibility is now completely shot and they must be fuly aware of that - so why are they still in their posts?

ToadKiller Dog

They really hate Rangers. :lol:

They've also started a campaign to sell out their home game against Ross County in August, to make up for a Rangers game.

Good idea from the sheep ,Our fans groups with the club should be looking at ways of getting the less active fans to at least one game as it will make a difference , Would not be against sponsoring a SFL lower league club also ,

The sheer deperation that this pair are now displaying points to having promised something to someone. At what price I wonder. It's the only reason I can think of for some of the nonsense that has characterised all their actions throughout all of this. Their credibility is now completely shot and they must be fuly aware of that - so why are they still in their posts?

Who can sack them? The clubs? I would like to see Hearts being the first club to publicly declare no confidence in Neil Doncaster. ....and another for good measure, Doncaster and Regan must go.

The Gasman

From Rangers Media.

'From the Herald "Green added: "In terms of investors in the company, to date our investors include Chris Morgan, a UK-based businessman representing family trusts; Glenmuir, the renowned Scottish clothing company; Ian Hart a Glasgow-based businessman; Alessandro Celano of Blue Pitch Holdings and Zeus Capital.""

I guess Blue Pitch Holdings is the Zeus Capital funding vehicle for Rangers.'

Clearer now Hagar?

Did Ian Hart not go public with a statement denying being an investor in Green's company, or part of his consortium....? :unsure:

jambovambo

...cos they'll have to leave the country if they don't pull this off ?

Edit: PS Doncaster could do with some plastic surgery anyway ...

Edited by jambovambo

Who can sack them? The clubs? I would like to see Hearts being the first club to publicly declare no confidence in Neil Doncaster. ....and another for good measure, Doncaster and Regan must go.

So would I - I'm surprised that it's not been done so far.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Did Ian Hart not go public with a statement denying being an investor in Green's company, or part of his consortium....? :unsure:

He did. Said he was actually behind the Blue Knights, I think. Said all he had done was allow some money he was owed to be part of the bid or the CVA or something like that. Was in no way involved. :lol: Good old Chuckie. He could still come out of this a legend if he bins Sevco and outs Doncaster, Regan, Duff and Phelps, Lawwell, the lot of them. :woot:

John Montgomery

That's utter nonsense. Your contract with Sky is for a package of channels. If one of those channels happens not to show a specific event of programme, that's tough! You couldn't just cancel your sky subscription because there'll be no new episodes of House on Sky1, and you won't be able to just cancel it in the event that there's no SPL on the Sports channels. All, of course, assuming that you're tied into a contract for a set term!

Sky have no plans to stop coverage. An e mail from Sky:

Dear John,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding the SPL.

"We have no plans to stop covering the Scottish Premier League.?

However, your comments have been noted and passed on to Sky Sports for their information.

Kind regards

Sandra

Customer Support

Rick Grimes

Is that not just the Sportfive deal? I get that Scottish football will be harder to sell in the short term to places like Norway and Poland, but thats only because the SPL itself has undersold the 'product' so badly. The idea that Sky and ESPN would give up showing Celtic games to bars in England, Dublin, New York, Melbourne and everywhere else is risible. There must be a reason for Celtic not challenging it. But then it's probably just that there's more money in OF games - the old million and one is better than a million.

Contrary to popular belief, and some pompous dicks in the English and Scottish media, Scottish football is not a laughing stock all over Europe. A competitive league filled with young Scots playing with the grit and endeavour we're thought to have is actually highly marketable.

Although it might hurt my argument, I would love to see viewing figures from our game against Rangers in Sep 2005 and the one against Celtic in 2006.

It was my underatnding that the SportFive section of the deal is the overseas rights.

Regardless, let's be frank here. The only truly global followed team in Scotland is Celtic anyway. The Old Firm matches remain attractive because its Celtic's derby, not the other way round. Rangers have significantly less international pull than their ugly sisters.

Great blog post:

http://saintinasia.w...pare-to-europe/

Sorry if posted already but can't be linked too many times! :)

Haha - been linked about four times already. Never mind. Read it if you haven't.

First time Ive read that, that there should be enough for Doncaster to be out on his arsehole

The Gasman

I can appreciate the sentiment behind this, but I don't agree with it. It's an SFL matter now (it shouldn't be, but it is) and we should keep out of it.

How can folk criticise Doncaster / Regan for offering "inducements" for a particular outcome, if they're going to do the same for votes...? :unsure:

• Maple Leaf locked this topic